The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Wendy Brune

Know a great story that doesn't qualify as "under-reviewed?" Recommend it here so others can enjoy!

Name of Story:

Author:

Fandom:

Rating:

Length:

Summary:

1/22/2010 . Edited 11/27/2013 #1
Ariana Ethaitrius

Name of Story:

Resolving a Misunderstanding

Author: MMADfan

Fandom: Harry Potter

Rating: T

Length: 160 chapters with 891,061

Pairing: Albus and Minerva

Summary: More than a Romance--Drama, Humor, Adventure. Minerva returns to Hogwarts to teach. Misunderstandings lead to embarrassment, regret, resolution. Visit Minerva's and Albus's pasts. With Poppy, Hagrid, TR, others. Disregards DH. More in chapter one! ADMM

Deffinatley check it out. If you don't like Albus and Minerva *gasp*, this will surely change your mind.

1/22/2010 #2
EHWIES

Name of Story: The Life and Times

Author: Jewels5

Rating: M (for some language--nothing graphic)

Length: 16 chapters, each ~10k words

Summary: Lily and James have issues. Lily has a boyfriend, James smokes too much, they're always bickering, and, for the love of Agrippa, they're only sixteen. But she was sweet, and he was cocky, and matters of the heart can take time.

1/22/2010 #3
mackgirl

Name of Story: First Imprint: Sam's Story

Author: IamKate

Fandom: Twilight

Length: 37 chapters / 100,499 words

Summary: What was it like for Sam Uley to become the first wolf? How did he handle loving Leah only to imprint on Emily? How did Emily get her scars? Here's Sam's POV from New Moon through Breaking Dawn & beyond.

Note: IamKate has created an Imprinted Saga and this is the first story in the Saga. She has also has a completed chapter fic for Quil, a one shot for Collin and two fics that are in progress for Embry and Leah. Her stories are not the typical, the wolf imprints the girl and the wolf fall in love and all is happy. Though the stories are a long read, they are well worth the time if you enjoy reading imprint stories about the wolf pack. They have problems that have to be worked out, they have side story lines that run throughout the saga about different members of the pack. The later stories are rated M for lemons and she has recently said she was going to go back through Sam's story and make it rated M as well, but at the moment it is still T and a great way to explore the world of the wolf pack.

1/22/2010 #4
EvylinDevilin

Name of Story: Stars, Fallen

Author: xoxcrescentmoonxox

Rating: K+

Length: one-shot; 905 words

Summary: There are no stars left anymore. Even the brightest diminish, and even the strongest must fall. The downfall of a generation of Blacks, told by the only one not out of the night sky.

1/23/2010 . Edited 1/23/2010 #5
teenybits

Name of story: Painting Butterflies

Author: emilyforprez

Length: one-shot; 3246

Summary: When it happened, Blair did not cry. She did not voice despair or wail her grief; and that, more than anything, was what terrified her peers and family. That she did not cry, that she did not speak, that she did not /scream/.

1/24/2010 #6
MinionsOfTheNachoArmyUnite

Name of Story: Scorpius Malfoy and the Improbable Plot

Author: opalish

Length: 19 chapters; 48K words

Summary: Scorpius really should have listened to his father's numerous and dire warnings about the Potter clan. Harry feels his pain. Gen crackfic WIP, yo. Seriously, so cracky.

2/2/2010 #7
Il'Diko

Title/Link: Kicking Down Castles

Author: Lady Altair

Length: (chapters/words) 6,565 words, not chaptered

Number of Reviews: 45

Character(s): Draco after the war

Summary: His dreams are too lowly to be castles in the air. Draco Malfoy and remedial Muggle Studies, the summer after the war.

2/9/2010 #8
Mistical Ninja

Name of Story: Several Sunlit Days

Author: GinervaPotter1985

Fandom:Harry Potter

Rating:M

Length: 2chapters/9,226

Summary:The final battle is finally over. Families have been ripped apart, friendships severed, relationships broken. He's gotten this far. Now he won't stop until he has it all. Including the youngest Weasley.

2/10/2010 #9
Dechirure

Name of Story: Lily Had a Little Lamb

Author: Liebesbrief

Length: 1 chapter/ er...11,886...words...

Summary: “Lily had a little lamb, Little lamb, Little lamb. Lily had a little lamb, Whose hair was black as coal! And everywhere that Lily went, the lamb was sure to go!” Damn it, Potter! Stop following me!

2/13/2010 #10
rhea lupin

Name of Story: Commentarius

Author: B.C Daily

Length: Chaptered, WIP, 488,700+

Summary: Lily has always considered herself ordinary. But as she enters her 7th year, things start changing and Lily starts going a bit mad. Suddenly, she’s Head Girl, her mates are acting strangely, and there’s a new James Potter she can’t seem to get rid of.

Seriously, this is THE Lily with a diary fic. It's based on the Princess Diaries, and it's EXCELLENT.

2/16/2010 #11
Wendy Brune

Sounds interesting! I wanna check it out.

Why don't you go to the introduce yourself thread or come chat with us in randomness. =)

2/16/2010 . Edited 2/16/2010 #12
EHWIES

I love Commentarius!!! Going to second your recommendation on it--it's fantastic.

2/16/2010 #13
Il'Diko

Name of Story: The Anatomy of a Bromance

Author: Wilhelmina Willoughby

Length: 7634 words

Summary: James and Sirius. "Why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?" An inside look at one of the closest friendships the world will know.

My fav quote:

It's a night of firsts. The first time James and Sirius fight alongside one another. The first time Sirius kills someone. The first time Lily kisses James. The first time James tells Sirius he loves him. It seems backwards, like he should be telling Lily he loves her, because, God, he does, but he's loved Sirius for years now – in that brotherly, platonic way – and they're best mates. They could've died.It's a really good read.

EDIT: Do the fics we recommend here get into the 'graduated' archive?

2/26/2010 . Edited 2/26/2010 #14
lyin

Name of Story:in love, and war

Author: dress without sleeves

(i'm mad jealous of how unbelievably prolific this wonderful author is, in every fandom)

Length: 10, 574 words

Summary:

To the victor go the spoils. The last years of the Order of the Phoenix, both times around. An end and a beginning and all that's in between. [It's 2 chapters, first

2/27/2010 . Edited 3/1/2010 #15
Il'Diko

Name of Story: Cowboys and Indians

Author: Minisinoo

Fandom: Twilight

Length: 12 chaps, 20301 words

Reviews: 197 reviews (an average of 16.4 reviews per chap, so it barely passes the 'underreviewed' status)

Summary:

Lessons on the road in a journey through time. Existentialism, a Texas pow-wow, a '67 Mustang, a bar brawl, Pocahontas, and Jack Kerouac. Sometimes, family is chosen, even if they're not who we expect. Jasper, Leah & Seth, Edward--------------------------------------------------------

Just stumbled upon this:

Name of Story: Inheritance

Author: Lisse

Fandom: Star Wars

Rating: K

Length: one-shot, 510 words

Summary:

Leia is nothing like her mother, no one at all whispers.

3/13/2010 . Edited 3/13/2010 #16
done.with.marblesxx

Name of Story: Relentless Pursuit

Author: Writer-in-Disguise

Length: 44606 words & 13 chapters

Summary: Sirius Black's good looks and unruly behavior make him the object of affection for many girls. The only catch is: he doesn't date. Is there any way other than relentless pursuit to get his attention? SBOC

Note: The summary sounds like any other typical Sirius/OC story, but it's not. I promise you. It's one of the best & funniest things I have read in a while and I devoured all thirteen stories in one chomp.

4/29/2010 . Edited 4/29/2010 #17
done.with.marblesxx

Name of Story: Druella Black's Guide to Womanhood

Fandom: Harry Potter! (*waves wand*)

Length: 51,662 words/12 chapters

Summary: Previously Ancient and Most Noble. Change was coming, fast and strong, and it swept the Black sisters along with it: Bellatrix to freedom and to madness, Andromeda to independence and to love, and Narcissa to womanhood and to the bitter taste of loss.

Note: One of the best stories I've ever read. ♥

5/5/2010 #18
xoxcrescentmoonxox

Beat you to it, Marbles ;D (Do you have something you prefer to be called?) The story's actually a tiny bit underreviewed, and is in the archive. It's one of the best stories I've ever read too.

5/6/2010 #19
done.with.marblesxx

Oh, really? Haha, just kidding then! _

5/6/2010 #20
Whiteline

Name of Story: Bungle in the Jungle and The Lie I've Lived

Author: jbern

Rating: M --- Please note that these have the highest rating and are for over 16s.

Length: Both around the 200,000 mark.

I hightly recommend these stories to anyone looking for something a little differant. I'll also note that both stories are complete and the author is now a published author. I feel like every fanfiction writer should read these at least once.

Bungle in the Jungle: If you read just one fiction tonight make it this one. Go inside the mind of Harry Potter as he deals with betrayals, secrets and wild adventures. Not your usual fanfic.

The first chapter of this story is a little confusing, but the second chapter takes you right back to the beginning where it all began. Trust me on this, this is one incredible plot.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2889350/1/Bungle_in_the_Jungle_A_Harry_Potter_Adventure

The Lie I've Lived: Not all of James died that night. Not all of Harry lived. The Triwizard Tournament as it should have been and a hero discovering who he really wants to be.

This is the most original idea I've ever read and it's utterly hilarious. I think the best line to sum up the theme of the story is: "If I was having one on I'd tell you I have Lily's memories and now I'm gender confused." But this isn't some crack fic, this is a fully thought out story full of action.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3384712/1/The_Lie_Ive_Lived

5/25/2010 . Edited 5/25/2010 #21
Il'Diko

Name: Chasm

Author: First Year

Lenght:14 chaps, only a few to come (67 reviews, that's ap. 4-5 reviews/ chap)

Summary:

After a discovery in the Muggle world Hermione finds there may be much more to the runes then what was thought. She, Ron and Harry step through the veil to discover the secret, finding things are not as thought. Mystery/Action/Romance HG/RW, many others

So, were you ever interested in the veil that's in the Ministry of Magic? If yes, you should read this, if not, you should still read this. The best story that I EVER read. It's very exciting and interesting and thrilling and brilliant (and all the superlatives I can think of). If this were a book, I would carry it everywhere and I couldn't stop reading, but in this case I just can't wait to read the next chap (the updates are regular by the way, every 5 days or so).

So, READ IT!!!!!

7/22/2010 #22
Il'Diko

Double post, but it's worth it.

Wanna lol? So read:

Fandom: Prince of Persia

Title: Garsiv's Third Nipple

Reviews: 25

Summary:

or, Never Mock A Man's Headwear. Garsiv's helmet does NOT look like a nipple, and the next person who says it does gets stabbed. / "This is an excellent helmet. This is a man's helmet. This is the helmet of a great warrior." Rated for excessive nipples.

8/1/2010 #23
Shuna

Name of Story: The Talk

Author: May La Nee

Length: One-shot 3,235 words

Summary: Lucius suddenly realizes him and Draco never had 'The Talk'. He asks about it randomly, assuming to get a; "Don't bother, I figured it out." Boy, was he in for a surprise.

----------------------

Name of Story: Of Human Bondage

Author:Emily Waters

Length: One-shot, 3,680

Summary: Slavery complicates things. That's why HP fanfiction characters in Master/slave relationships now have a support group.

8/21/2010 #24
wandering endlessly

Name of Story: The Teachers Notebook

Author: Alittleinsane963

Length: 147,508

Summary: Inside this story you will find the chronicles of the 7 years of torture the staff of Hogwarts had to endure, from their point of view, due to 4 boys. That's right. None other than James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew

This story is epic and hilarious, definately worth reading! (I've read it twice, soon to be three times :) Every one of its 107 chapters :) This may not seem like a great feat to you guys, but to me it is, as its quite long and I don't usually bother)

8/23/2010 . Edited 8/23/2010 #25
Wendy Brune

Name of Story: The Point of No Return

Author: whydoyouneedtoknow

Length: One-shot

Summary: Narcissa Black, forced to marry a man she does not love, uses her wedding to send a message to the one she does. Will he rescue her? And who is he? Borrows from 'The Phantom of the Opera', no lyrics.

By far the best AU I have ever read - and I really, really dislike AU. Probably my second favorite fic on this site!

9/16/2010 . Edited 9/16/2010 #26
EHWIES

You are so building up the anticipation, Wendy-bird. First the SOTW is your third favorite fic, now this is your second favorite fic... ;D

/spam

9/16/2010 #27
Wendy Brune

....I think you very well know what my favorite fic is.

9/16/2010 #28
EHWIES

...Is the answer to that going to be really embarrassing on my part? Because otherwise, I wouldn't know. lol.

9/16/2010 #29
Wendy Brune

Redirect this convo first?

9/16/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member