The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
StoryGirl02

I will, but just to finish up the sentence I'm working out, what is the name of statue Harry uses in Book 3 to sneak out of the castle and into Hogsmede?

1/24/2010 #61
Luna Rapunzel

And that sounds exactly like Sirius. Completely in character, and funny, too--great line! :)

1/24/2010 #62
StoryGirl02

Thank youuuuu! ;D

1/24/2010 #63
Wendy Brune

They’ll have the hottest, smartest girlfriends in all of Hogwarts. And they will have them by the end of the week. And they’ll most certainly keep them until graduation, because after all who wouldn’t want to be the other half of Sirius Black and Remus Lupin?

I like the other half part.

1/24/2010 #64
Luna Rapunzel

It's just a statue of a humpbacked witch--no name given.

1/24/2010 #65
Wendy Brune

It's just a statue of a humpbacked witch--no name given.

That's an eerily good memory, haha.

1/24/2010 #66
Luna Rapunzel

I looked it up on the Harry Potter Lexicon, actually. XDD

1/24/2010 #67
Wendy Brune

I was about to be really impressed!

((Also, I don't know what I would do without the Lexicon and the Harry Potter Wiki))

1/24/2010 #68
StoryGirl02

Thank anyway! ;)

Here you go EHWIES. Funnily enough, after I talked to you I started writing, but alas, stuck again!

------------

This is just great, really.

Honestly, sometimes he wishes that he wasn’t a part of this whole thing, and just tucked up safe in bed, away from Sirius’s intruding eyes and his constant chatter about how James is going to lose.

It’s been a week already, and even though Sirius has been out on the prowl every single freaking day, nothing has happened to them. No girlfriends, nada. He’s getting sick of constantly having to look at girls and judge them, he doesn’t like doing that. He doesn’t like assessing them based on their looks, after all, he’s not much to look at .

Sirius like it though, it provides him with an opportunity to look at girls and judge them on whether or not they are pretty enough to be by their sides. Pretty enough to over-ride Lily, smart enough to prove to James they didn’t trick them into becoming their girlfriends.

But nothing has happened yet, and he’s getting ansty, trapped between two conflicting emotions. On one hand, he wants to support Sirius, he’s one of his closest friends, but on the other he hates the glares and smirks James sends him everyday down the breakfast table. Seriously, this feud has to stop, he’s sick of it.

But he can’t get out, he’s into deep.

Slowly, he’s drowning in the utter stupidness of the bet.

======

The next day, straight after Charms, something happens that Remus never would have thought of. Sirius is walking ahead of him, bag over his shoulder and humming softly. Remus dawdles along slowly, head turned to the ground as not to watch as they walk by all the spots that happy memories were created, all those years ago.

The statue of the humpbacked witch where they first discovered how to escape from Hogwarts and into Hogsmede is to his left, and he glances at it fondly before shaking his head and moving on. Sirius is charging ahead in front of him, and he has no idea where they are going, they’re just moving.

----------

1/24/2010 . Edited 1/24/2010 #69
Wendy Brune

after all, he’s not much to look at

Awh, I really like this line. It's such a great insight into Remus's character without just saying he's a little insecure!

1/24/2010 #70
Luna Rapunzel

Remus: Paddie where are you going?

Sirius: *explains*

Ugly Girl: *clumsily knocks into Sirius/Remus and apologizes profusely and gets very embarrassed*

Remus: *feels bad and tries to calm her down*

Sirius: *is disgusted*

Ugly Girl: *asks out Sirius*

etc.

1/24/2010 #71
StoryGirl02

Thanks I wrote it after reading through the notes from EHWIES and you, I think that's how Remus is going to be! Marlene on the other hand......... totally confident. And Em's just gonna be a bitch, and Sirius is my jerk! ;)

EHWIES- ohmyygod, yes! Did I mention I love you? *glomp*

1/24/2010 . Edited 1/24/2010 #72
Luna Rapunzel

Oh, and it should be "Hogsmeade", not "Hogsmede". :) Other than that, though, it's great! LOVE LOVE LOVE Remus's characterization.

1/24/2010 #73
Luna Rapunzel

Haha, love you, too. :3 :3 *glomp glomp glomp*

1/24/2010 #74
Wendy Brune

Yeah there were a few grammar mistakes too, but part of the Big Bang means you'll be assigned a beta so I don't think that's terribly important just yet.

1/24/2010 #75
StoryGirl02

Grammar hates me! ;)

This is what I've got.

“Padfoot, where the hell are you going?” he shouts out, shaking his head. “Is this just some wild goose chase, or are we actually going to get somewhere?”

Sirius turns around, grinning. “We’re going to go spy.”

Intrigued, Remus walks closer, smiling. “On who?”

Sirius sighs. “Honestly. Who do you think?”

It’s like a lightbulb goes off in his head, and sadly he sighs. “Not again, Sirius. Seriously? Again?”

He shrugs. “It’s very valuable to watch them.”

“It’s a bit creepy, don’t you think so?”

“Creepy-shmeepy. If James didn’t want us to look in on him and Lily, he wouldn’t have betted us. We have to know what the opposition is doing, in order for us to conquer.” Sirius looks at him, an eyebrow raised. “You do want to conquer, don’t you?”

Remus nods, falling into step beside him. “This is the last time I’m coming with you on these stupid spying things though. I promise you that.”

Sirius shrugs. “Whatever.”

----

1/24/2010 . Edited 1/24/2010 #76
Luna Rapunzel

Cue Ugly Girl. XDD What's the poor thing's name?

1/24/2010 #77
Wendy Brune

I like that they are spying. I could see Sirius getting all into it (think rolling on the floor like James Bond and hiding behind random things), and then Remus just walking up to the window.

1/24/2010 #78
StoryGirl02

EHWIES- What's an ugly name? Might have to look up what names were popular in 60's!

Wendy- hahahahahaha! :D i love you! (cue james bond music) I might actually use that hahahaha! ;)

1/24/2010 #79
Wendy Brune

*glomps*

1/24/2010 #80
Wendy Brune

Mildred is an ugly name. Ickles.

1/24/2010 #81
StoryGirl02

hahaha

1/24/2010 #82
Luna Rapunzel

Wendy, I was ABOUT to suggest Mildred. No joke. I got stuck on the last name and then got the email alert where you suggested it.

1/24/2010 #83
Wendy Brune

Wendy, I was ABOUT to suggest Mildred.

Maybe because it's so close to Mildew.

I've been asking my boyfriend and his roommate, and they also threw out Helga, Berth, Gertrude, and Matilda (which I think isn't that bad but whatever).

1/24/2010 #84
Luna Rapunzel

Helga and Gertrude would be good, too, but Mildred takes the cake for me.

1/24/2010 #85
Wendy Brune

Thats my favorite too.

If Sirius wanted to make fun of her he could call her Mildewy Mildred, or Mildred Mildew or something.

I might use her as a small character too, haha. I like her.

1/24/2010 #86
Luna Rapunzel

And for her surname...? Something with a K or hard C that clumps in your mouth. But I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I just might have to insert dear old Millie into my WIP after this. :)

1/24/2010 #87
Wendy Brune

Fracklebottom. Blubberscott.

I pretty much have to now, too, even if she only gets a few hundred words.

1/24/2010 #88
Luna Rapunzel

Fracklebottom is too close to Longbottom, so... Blubberscott.

I think she needs to have a short-lived fling with my Lockhart. THAT is going to be entertaining to write.

1/24/2010 #89
Wendy Brune

That sounds hilarious.

Maybe her name could be some icky in a different language. Like "big butt" in french or something.

1/24/2010 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune GeorgyannWayson, Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member