The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Luna Rapunzel

This thread is a place where you can tell "sort-of-secrets" about yourself--nothing hugely personal, but little fun facts and embarrassing anecdotes that you don't like to tell in real life--so we can share things we otherwise wouldn't want to admit and get to know each other a little better.

For example: I've only told this in real life to my ex-boyfriend (*sighhhh*), but even though I claim that I started reading Twilight but stopped because I thought it was terrible, I've read all four books. And the leaked snippet of the Edward's POV book. And I've seen both movies. I do hate Twilight, and I did start reading it and stop because it was terrible, but I started to feel guilty for criticizing it without having read it, so I read all four books in four days just to prove to myself that it is bad and I am being fair. Of course, I'm too proud to admit that I've read them, but my conscience is clear now, so to speak, and that's what counts to me, haha. :)

2/18/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 11/27/2013 #1
imlying

My sort-of-secret is...I like Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA". Don't judge.

2/18/2010 #2
Love From A Muggle

I don't know how to properly paint my nails. My left hand always looks like a child did them. I never was that girly.

2/18/2010 #3
Luna Rapunzel

I Google and bookmark music that they play at the grocery store where I work. Most of it came from the '60s and '70s and appeals to our, er, elderly demographic.

And I still love the Backstreet Boys.

I'm not judging. XDD

2/18/2010 #4
Wendy Brune

I only sort of love "Party in the USA." But I hate Miley. Yeah. XD

I like the feeling I get when I clean out my ears. That's weird, I realize. The cue-tip hits all the right places, though, haha.

2/18/2010 #5
Luna Rapunzel

I hate Miley, but sometimes I listen to Demi Lovato. XD

My doctor has disallowed me from using Q-tips--I have an excessive earwax problem and have to use earwax melting drops to clean out my ears from now on (ever since my ears got so plugged up that I had to get them irrigated).

2/18/2010 #6
Love From A Muggle

I like the smell of new books.

2/18/2010 #7
xabandonedaccountx

I talk to my pets when I'm lonely.

2/19/2010 #8
imlying

I like the smell of new books.

ME TOO!

Hm... I actually like school.

2/23/2010 #9
Relala

I still sleep with my stuffed duck. I've had him since I was three, and cannot sleep without him. When I go for sleep overs, I stay up all night, and simply tell my girlfriends I woke up early.

2/23/2010 #10
Wendy Brune

I do that too, Relala. Like, I'm 18, in college, and I still sleep with the teddy bear I got when I was born. Actually, he's in my bed but I don't cuddle with him anymore. I cuddle with the stuffed otter Ben got me for Christmas. (But my teddy bear knows I'll always come back to him, lol!)

2/23/2010 #11
Mistical Ninja

Hmmm... Sort-of-secrets..?

I made a box, and filled it with things from my past, and present life. Important things, memories of mine. So that I will never forget those that I've lost, or the trials I went through.

And so that when I'm gone, if anyone still cares, they'll have something to look back on me.

2/23/2010 #12
Relala

And so that when I'm gone, if anyone still cares, they'll have something to look back on me.

I do this with my diaries. I record every single day, and then I think that if something ever happens to me -- like I get old, or I die -- I or someone else can always go back and remember.

2/23/2010 #13
Mistical Ninja

haha, reminds me of Troy. He went, not in search of a meaning to life, or fighting for a country or love, but for Glory. Not in the normal sense in that He wanted power. He wanted glory, so that he would be remembered, for generations.

I talk to my Dog, and Cat, constantly. And myself. doesn't matter if no one's watching or not.

2/23/2010 #14
Wendy Brune

I make up stories about myself when I fall asleep.

2/23/2010 #15
Luna Rapunzel

I write fanfiction.

XD

2/23/2010 #16
Relala

I make up stories about myself when I fall asleep.

Not sure if it's exactly the same thing, but I do that too. Always have, always will. Only I'm the characters in my favourite novels, TV shows, movies, ect --and always a male, for some damn reason. Most my FanFictions get based off what I make up before sleeping.

2/23/2010 #17
Wendy Brune

I write fanfiction.

That too.

Not sure if it's exactly the same thing, but I do that too. Always have, always will. Only I'm the characters in my favourite novels, TV shows, movies, ect

Yeah, sometimes they're original stories, sometimes they're not. =)

2/23/2010 . Edited 2/27/2012 #18
Relala

I write fanfiction.

I tell everyone I write FanFiction. Hell, I've even gone so far as to pull up my page in front of my teachers and say "Read this!" or "Look at my review count, baby!" My mom thinks my obsession with slash is a little odd though. Is it odd that I tell everyone?

2/23/2010 #19
Wendy Brune

Nope - I wish I had the courage! I've let my boyfriend read my better two pieces, and that's about it, haha.

2/23/2010 #20
Luna Rapunzel

It's about evenly split here, I think. I know that Misty had his mom beta-check a chapter of his once, haha, but I barely tell anyone in real life about this--only my three best friends know (and I only told them this year, and I've been on the site for years), plus my ex-boyfriend, unfortunately.

2/23/2010 #21
Relala

Misty had his mom beta-check a chapter of his once

First off, do my eyes lie to me, or is that "his" spelt out before me? Like, as in we have a man here? A real dude? For real. I am impressed. I've never come across a man here, and I've been here since 03. Maybe it's because of my Fandoms, or my genres, but just wow. (Do you have verivication he's a he? lol.)

unfortunately

I just don't understand why you wouldn't tell anyone. It sounds like people are ashamed somehow of FanFiction. Why?

2/23/2010 #22
Mistical Ninja

Yes Lala, I'm in fact, a dude. I've got the proper equipment in all the right places, though to show and prove this would be considered what we call, " Jailbait". But, I can thrill you with my one tale of time with a female counterpart.

Oh, and Kara has my FB. That'd be proof enough, I suppose. But, I never use the blasted thing.

2/23/2010 #23
Wendy Brune

Yup, a real guy! Ookami of the Mist. He goes by Mist or Misty, if you're feeling devilish/EHWIES

2/23/2010 #24
Luna Rapunzel

XDD Yep, Misty (Ookami of the Mist) is a guy. From all the time he spends on here talking about his girl troubles, I should know. ;)

In terms of whether or not /I/ think it's shameful or immature or something that I write fanfiction--no, I don't. I love my characters, I'm invested in my stories, I've made great friends on here, and I think it's worthwhile. But (also unfortunately) I'd get laughed out of my reputation if anyone I don't trust with my life found out at school, and if my family knew, my parents would tell me it's a waste of my time and that I should be writing original fiction and trying to get published (because they apparently don't understand that I write for myself and my own satisfaction, not to try and make money and boost my resume off of it).

2/23/2010 #25
Relala

Oh, and Kara has my FB. That'd be proof enough, I suppose. But, I never use the blasted thing.

Down with FB. : takes a match do the site, and vitually burns it to the ground: Join Twitter. Follow me. I'll stalk you cause I care.

I've got the proper equipment in all the right places, though to show and prove this would be considered what we call, " Jailbait". But, I can thrill you with my one tale of time with a female counterpart.

Oh, please do! Perhaps your tales would somehow programme me into the mindset of finally being able to write het. I'd like to slam my face into my desk sometimes. I honestly did set out to write a het piece, readers, I don't know how the slashy tones ended up there between James and Sirius. He loves Lily in this one, I swear!

EDIT: He's just kissing him because ...nope, don't have a reason. Guess it's slash after all.

2/23/2010 . Edited 2/23/2010 #26
Mistical Ninja

..... wow. Porr Lala. Also: No offense, but I will never be reading your stories. I'm not one for slash.

Ever.

But eh. If you'd like, I can do what I can to help you turn it het. Lol. Or something. Also, This has gone off topic. DX I suggest we move this to Randomness, if we want to continue it.

2/23/2010 #27
Wendy Brune

Yeah, lets keep this sorta secrets....and to make this post on topic...

...I sometimes keep my dorm room intentionally messy just to irritate my inconsiderate roommate. Which is bad, but ... =)

2/23/2010 #28
StoryGirl02

I used to have a crush on Leo Dicaprio ;)

2/23/2010 #29
Mistical Ninja

...I used to be gay. For like... two months.

And that explains my complete aversion to Slash. Because I will never go back to that. Ick. it was just... Ew.

2/23/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member