The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »
Luna Rapunzel

I mispronounce Emmeline Vance's name in my head. Which is really embarrassing because she's one of the main characters in my WIP, but even though I technically know that you say it like "EMMa-lynn", I ALWAYS think of it as "EmmaLEEN". Every time I read or write or think it. Gut reaction. It's terrible.

9/18/2010 #181
Unanimously Anonymous

Lol, I have the habit of calling my characters "main" or "foil" or whatever their role is. Even after I've written the name 50 times. As long as I'm not talking about it with anyone else though, I think I'll be fine. :D

9/19/2010 #182
Shuna

Everytime I talk about what happened at school, my years at Primary school and Junior High it can't be helped that it sounds like I've been to a war, and then I haven't even mentioned the years in Greece... it's really sad when I think about it.

9/19/2010 #183
eatpandas.rawr

I cried when my Xbox360 and PSP broke and almost broke down when my new Xbox360 froze on Friday.

I almost lost 20 hours of slow gameplay of Final Fantasy XIII. *shudder*

9/19/2010 #184
Luna Rapunzel

I get reading fatigue, both online and with actual books--I have trouble focusing if I try to read for too long at a stretch. Didn't used to be like that until this past year, and it makes me sadface. :(

Also, I get social fatigue whereby I get completely drained and can't handle being around people for extended periods of time. lol is that normal? Like, if I have to be around people I don't know very well, after a while, I just stop talking and hope they ignore me, which they usually do, hehe, and if it's with friends, I get kind of exhausted and desperately wish they would go away. XD;

9/19/2010 #185
Unanimously Anonymous

I'm the same way Ehwies, lol. My friend has to drag me with her to keep me from running off. I can only take about a 2 hours with her before I want to go home and be alone. I'm pretty good at being igmored too. I lost my voice for a day last and no one even noticed. :P

I also hate talking to people on the phone. So I'm probably the only teenager in the world who has never had a cell phone. Just the thought that I couldn't ever escape someone who wanted to talk to me is enough to make me cringe. (I know intravert to the extreme.)

9/20/2010 #186
xoxcrescentmoonxox

I'm probably the only teenager in the world who has never had a cell phone.

No you're not! Neither have I, Uni - how have we never figured that out before? Haha.

Sort of secret: My not having a cell phone used to really bother me, but since I got a laptop last year, I really don't want one. (Not to say that I'd say no if one was offered, but ...)

9/20/2010 #187
Luna Rapunzel

You know that annoying kid who laughs along to inside jokes she doesn't understand? That's me. LOL I feel awkward making confused faces when everybody else gets it, so I just kinda giggle along until somebody explains it to me. XD

9/20/2010 #188
eSJa

Hehe, E I have so done that more times than I can count!

Sorta secret: I notice things about people and remember the smallest things from years ago that have o right to be lodged in my brain. I.E. I can still tell you what the first girl I kissed was wearing, down to her socks. 0.o

9/20/2010 #189
echoing noise

I always try to change myself - my friend thinks I'm begging for attention, but I just get tired of being me, so - viola! New me!

Es mejor, this way.

9/20/2010 #190
PenonPaperFingersonKeys

I have fifty-six socks and only a pair match.

9/20/2010 #191
eSJa

Lol thats actually awesome Fingers. =D

So...I have a little bit of a crush on Quinn from Glee. /feels stereotypical

9/20/2010 #192
ShadedRogue

-has never seen an episode of Glee-

9/20/2010 #193
echoing noise

So...I have a little bit of a crush on Quinn from Glee. /feels stereotypicalOMG! I have just been validated in every single stupid crush I have ever had on fictional characters... THANK YOU!

9/20/2010 #194
Luna Rapunzel

People haven't posted here in like a week what this thread is usually the only one other than randomness that people post in. O_o

I'm starting to think that I'm super needy in relationships. Like, I'm crazy dependent/overthink everything/am jealous and possessive, and I know I'm being totally irrational and try to conceal it/let it go, but then I overthink more, and then I'm guilty, and then I attack the significant other and it's a bad day for everyone. LOL so I'm honestly starting to believe that I'm better off without a boyfriend because everyone's better off when I don't have the opportunity to go crazy.

Also, I absolutely hate it that people think of me differently when they find out I'm smart or whatever. I mean, I don't feel bad for myself because of it or whatever, but I feel like people distance themselves a little/think it makes me a little more unapproachable when they find out because I'm carrying around this giant reputation and all these credentials, you know? To the point that I'm trying to conceal it a little here at uni--obviously people know I'm in honors, and it's leaked out that I'm one of the full scholarship kids, but I avoid giving out any more details about my crazy obsessive grade-getting and academic involvement than I absolutely have to with even most of my friends just because I don't want them to think of me differently/feel like I'm being condescending or think they're inferior, because I totally don't, and back in hs people definitely judged me by my reputation as a smart kid before getting to know me and still colored their view of me after they got to know me... so yeah.

9/26/2010 #195
Luna Rapunzel

In other news, encoding failure happens where you continually are presented a piece of information but fail to ever encode it into your memory.

Exhibit A: Ever since this forum moved onto the whole "posted 5 seconds ago" thing and only shows actual date and time for however long after, I've been trying to figure out what time zone the boards are in because I'm curious and just pieced together yesterday that it's in Pacific time.

JUST NOW noticed this blurb at the bottom: