The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The Reviews Lounge Too

Following discussion between the mods, we've decided that it's once again time to hire new staffers for the archive! This does not mean that we're adding a new mod, as we've split the two positions (as referenced in a recent post on the Noticeboard), although forum moderators are welcome to apply for this position. Rather, we're looking for someone who has time to go through the recommendations thread and the request a review thread. This isn't to say that the new staffer isn't allowed to include other stories they think worthy of the archive, but initially, the recs thread should be the greatest concern.

We're looking for someone who:

• Understands the goals of the archive and what comprises a quality, under-reviewed story

• Has an understanding for grammatical conventions

• Reads/has experience with a variety of fandoms

• Has the time and patience to help us filter through the recommendations thread

The person will not be judged on their activity on the forum - that is to say, whether someone is a "forum regular" or not won't have much bearing, if any. Our biggest deciding factors in choosing a new staffer are each applicant's willingness to read stories for multiple fandoms and familiarity with the principles of grammar and quality storytelling--not activity on the forum. We also ask for a commitment from the new staffer to actively add stories to the archive--to at least read and review, if not add to the archive, 2-3 stories from the recommended stories thread or the request a review thread each week.

That being said, there is no deadline. Our decision could take a while if the right person doesn't apply. No matter what, however, we will wait at least a week before making a decision so that anyone who wants to apply has time. (So, basically we won't make a decision before September 18th -- though it could be much later than this!)

---

To apply, following application in the next post, and PM or e-mail your completed app to the Reviews Lounge, Too account. (Our e-mail should be provided on the RLt account page! PMing the RLt account is fine as well.) If you choose to e-mail, make sure to include your pen name so we know who you are. Any questions can be e-mailed/PMed to the RLt account OR posted on this thread.

Thanks,

The Modding Team

2/26/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 10/28/2012 #1
The Reviews Lounge Too

Archive Staffing Application

Please fill out all fields and either PM or e-mail to the RLt account!

1.) How much time do you estimate you can devote to the archive per week?

2.) What fandoms do you read or have any experience in?

3.) Do you have any experience with ff.net's communities? (As in, have you ever created an archive or served as a staff member to an archive on the site?)

3a.) Are you willing to read fandoms you don't have experience with/know?

4.) Why do you want to work for the archive?

5.) How could we improve the Reviews Lounge, Too archive? What do you feel we're lacking?

6.) Please include links for two to three stories you would add to the archive and explain why for each story.

7.) The modding staff will look at your stories for a basic understanding of grammar, plot development, etc. If you wish, you may recommend one story you think is your best.

2/26/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 2/28/2010 #2
Luna Rapunzel

9/11: We've decided that it's once again time to hire a new staffer! Please read the first post in this thread for details of the position and send us an application if you're interested. :)

9/11/2010 #3
Luna Rapunzel

Also, forgot to mention: if you already submitted an application the last time this was open, no need to resubmit; we saved all the PMs.

9/11/2010 #4
StoryGirl02

Gogogo!

9/11/2010 #5
Dejsha's World

I think I remembered submitting an application.

9/14/2010 #6
wandering endlessly

For staff, is this for your community, or what? I'm slightly confused...

10/3/2010 #7
Luna Rapunzel

Yeah, it's basically for adding fics (especially ones recommended in the appropriate forum thread) to both the one-shot and WIP c2s that we run.

10/3/2010 #8
Il'Diko

Is this still open?

I'm HungarianWitch btw, changed my pen name.

10/16/2010 #9
The Reviews Lounge Too

Yes, still open! :)

10/16/2010 #10
wandering endlessly

I'm currently writing up an application, and btw, what happens if we can't think of a way to improve the RLt system?

10/24/2010 #11
Luna Rapunzel

Since we just took on Diko and Blake as staffers, idk how soon we'll be adding anyone new, but I'm glad you're applying--it's always good to have applications on file for when we do want to hire someone new again. :) Usually I'd let Wendy answer that, but as she's without Internet right now, I'll go with a copout and say that I find it very flattering that you think so highly of how we run things atm but that it'd be good if you did fill in that part of the app if anything does occur to you in the next couple of days, even if it's just reiterating a previously mentioned idea like the review-a-thon that we've thought about doing but haven't gotten around to yet. /run-on

10/24/2010 . Edited 10/24/2010 #12
wandering endlessly

Thats no problem, I'll keep it for next time so I have time to improve it and (possibly) find a way to improve the way things are run.

10/24/2010 #13
Wendy Brune

Bumping!

10/5/2012 #14
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune GeorgyannWayson, Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member