The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Prelude to the Heart

I live in virginia, and thats where my college is. But, my job has a contract for me in Florida the same time spring semester starts. Normally I'd just wait until fall, but my medical insurance policy expires when I turn 21 in april, unless I'm a full time student in school. So I have to enroll fulltime in spring. Which means I have to do long distance learning classes over the internet. Its going to be lame. My school offers only a handfull of classes I need for my major online, but I'll make it work. Once I get back to Virginia, I can chose classroom learning for fall.

10/30/2010 #2,971

Ah, makes sense.

That's kind of lame.

10/30/2010 #2,972
Prelude to the Heart

yeah, I said the same thing, I was kinda half tempted to just let my policy drop. but sadly I need my medical insurance. and the sooner I get my community college classes done and out of the way, the better.

10/30/2010 #2,973

Good plan. What's your major? History, was it?

10/30/2010 #2,974
Prelude to the Heart

Yes, at the community college its called "social science" lol. but it is history. Then I plan to transfer to William and Mary, and pursue a further degree there. I'm strongly considering going for my masters, I've been researching the school and its programs and I can go up to a Ph.D, but .... thats soo much work. omg.

10/30/2010 #2,975

Haha. Indeed.

I'm trying to get into honours, so I can go get my MA somewhere abroad. And then I was deciding if I should go for my PhD, but I have no idea what I'm even going to do with my major. lol.

10/30/2010 #2,976
Prelude to the Heart

I'm only considering going to a Ph.D because I may want to pursue my teaching job as a professor at a university and not just merely highschool. I could start teaching with a BA in virginia, and a certificate in teaching. And then work towards my Masters. and Then work towards my Ph.D, I'm not sure yet. I know I want to teach, and I know I want to teach history, and the though of school for ten years is daunting to say the least, but I could see how it would be worth it.

Whats your major?

10/30/2010 #2,977

That's cool. That was kind of my reasoning too, but I don't think I'd make a very good teacher, and I don't really want to be confined to a classroom.

Mine's anthropology.

10/30/2010 #2,978
Prelude to the Heart

"In addition to an adequate command of English, each Master of Arts or doctoral student must demonstrate a reading knowledge of one other language in which there is significant historical literature before he or she will be advanced to candidacy for the degree.

This requirement will be fulfilled by departmental examination in a foreign or classical language: usually Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish. Samples of past language exams are available below."

This is what I'm NOT looking forward to. Foreign Language, thats why I said I'd go back to french for the hell of it.

Oh cool :) I thought about doing that, but I wanted a broader thing for now, and when I take the classes if I really enjoy it I can specialize. or stay history and teach. Do you have study abroad programs?

10/30/2010 #2,979
wandering endlessly

Mind if I join this conversation? Hi.

10/30/2010 #2,980
Prelude to the Heart

Hiiii Jadeeee!

10/30/2010 #2,981

XD I have a friend who wants to be a Greek classicist and she's learning ancient Greek.

I was the opposite, I was originally going to take history, but I didn't like the core courses I had to do, and realized anthropology was actually closer to what I was interested in.

We have a few exchange programs, but I was planning on doing my MA abroad separately from my school, because my school only does up to BAs.

10/30/2010 #2,982

10/30/2010 #2,983
wandering endlessly

Hi! XD Can't really talk about my experiences...I'm still at school :\

10/30/2010 #2,984
Prelude to the Heart

I'm considering Minoring in Classical Studies, which is " language instruction in Greek, Latin and Hebrew, and courses in Greek and Roman literature, history, society, art and archaeology" but I've looked at the sample tests for that language thing and its ... in depth, so I'd probably be better off sticking to a language and learning it well enough to pass that part.

I'm not sure If I want to study abroad or not yet, :/

I'm going to be weird and say "I love school!"

10/31/2010 #2,985

lmao. I don't love school when I'm in the middle of midterms, but I find when I'm off for a term or something, I don't know what else to do with myself and I'm always missing it. School has consumed my existence. XD

10/31/2010 #2,986
Prelude to the Heart

I miss school greatly. I loved it even when I hated it. I like being around people who want to learn.

Holy cow, when did it beomce 3AM what?!

10/31/2010 #2,987

When you were talking to me, because I'm très fabs, okay.

I'm going to head off for the night. I don't feel like looking at my homework anymore tonight and I have to work tomorrow. Night to everyone who's still on.

10/31/2010 #2,988
Prelude to the Heart

Good night :)

10/31/2010 #2,989
wandering endlessly

Night! ♥

10/31/2010 #2,990

Happy Halloween!

I feel kinda bad, 'cause I haven't been on since, like, thursday. And here I am, and none of you are....

And then, here I'll be leaving for NaNo and only coming on when I'm procrastinating...

Whoops, hehe

10/31/2010 #2,991
Prelude to the Heart

Happy Halloween :) I went shopping and bought a yoga mat soooo I can tone. yay.

10/31/2010 #2,992
Wendy Brune

Happy Halloween, everyone!

...I look crazy at the moment...

10/31/2010 #2,993

As far as looking crazy goes ;)

I'm dressed up as a genie, and on a sugar high =D

Haha, it's pretty funky

10/31/2010 . Edited 10/31/2010 #2,994
Prelude to the Heart

I was a flapper :)

Next year I want to be Harley Quinn.

10/31/2010 #2,995

I just wanted to say, that I love you guys

And I'm sorry I haven't really been on since, like, Wednesday or Thursday.

But it'll be another month or so until you really see me, other than quick rants.

Because I'm abandoning you all for NaNo for a little while.

Love you!

10/31/2010 #2,996

If I'm ever on Skype though, just open up a chat, it's not big deal.

I get back to PMs or emails, for those of you that have mine too ;)

10/31/2010 #2,997
Prelude to the Heart

Mmmk :)

side question: Has anybody ever done something that you know wasn't personal, but ... it just hurt ... soooo much? because right now ... It just hurts. I know I shouldn't be upset. But I am. :/

10/31/2010 #2,998
Wendy Brune

Hope everything is alright!

10/31/2010 #2,999
Desktop Warrior - Deactivated

I second Wendy's sentiment, Prelude. Hope you feel better soon. -pats-

Hey, everyone! Good luck to anyone who's doing NaNo!

10/31/2010 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member