The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Luna Rapunzel

Okay, so Wendy was supposed to post this all official-like, and usually I'd be semi decent at official type posts, but I'm seriously so tired right now that I'm going to bed for the night at 3 PM, so you're going to have to cope with my relative incoherence.

And now, I deliriously present to you: The Reviews Lounge, Too, Reviewers' Choice Awards!

The basic idea is to nominate and vote for your favorite fics from any of our communities (one-shots, WIPs, or graduates) for the story awardsand the RLt members or institutions (you'll see what I mean when you read the category list) you think deserve it most for the forum awards. We've compiled a tentative list of categories that you guys will be screening for the next couple of days--basically, this is a preliminary stage where you guys can recommend adding/changing the categories we've come up with or speak up if you have concerns about using any of these categories. Then, for the next month, you can PM your nominations to The Reviews Lounge Too's fanfiction account, followed by a month of voting, a few days to tabulate the results, and then the presentation of the winners! Here's a timeline, for your convenience:

October 15th: Category screening

October 18th: Nominations open

November 15th: Nominations close, voting opens

January 15th: Voting closes

January 20th: Winners announced (on the first birthday of the RLt!)

If you have any questions about this, feel free to post and ask! Remember, be sure to PM The Reviews Lounge Too by Monday if you have any suggestions relating to the categories before we finalize the list. Thanks and have fun!

(Also, in regards to the later stages of the awards, we'll set up threads with blind polls for voting, where you'll be allowed to vote for one nomination per category. For the nomination process, you may choose two categories--one from story awards and one from forum awards--where you can nominate more than one story/person/etc. Also, if you nominate/vote in the forum awards, you also have to nominate/vote in the story awards--part of the reason we've planned this is to raise awareness about the incredible stories we've featured from the archives!)

--

Story Awards

(Please nominate ONLY stories that can be found in our c2s: The Reviews Lounge, Too, The Reviews Lounge, Too WIPs, and The Reviews Lounge, Too Graduates unless noted!)

Best Chaptered Story

Best One-Shot

Best Humor Fic

Best Romance Fic

Best Drama Fic

Best Tragedy or Angst Fic

Best Family or Friendship Fic

Most Original Concept

Best Story of the Week

Best Story Outside the Harry Potter Fandom

Best Collab Entry - Does not need to come from archive!

Best Story Written by an RLt Member - Does not need to come from archive!

--

Forum Awards

Favorite Forum Ship

Best Review Tag Player

Best Reviewer

The Maddie Sticky-Keys Award for Silliness

Most Spirited

Favorite Forum Thread

Favorite Forum Inside Joke

The Kill 'Em with Kindness Award

Funniest RLter

Archive Aficionado

The Amy Is Rockin Awesomesauce Award

The Wendy Brune Award for Excellence in Lyrically Pink Disney Endeavors.

10/15/2010 . Edited by Wendy Brune, 11/14/2010 #1
Il'Diko

I looove this!!!

10/16/2010 #2
Cerulean City

I propose that each mod have an award to give/be voted on, in the vein of Maddie's award which is totally aweeesommmmeeeee. ;D

Also, I need to look through the archives a bit more to suggest more on the ready-ready part. -nods-

10/17/2010 #3
Wendy Brune

I really like that idea, Blake. ... But I do not know what my award would be.

The EHWIES Award for Sticking to Topic? (LOL)

10/17/2010 #4
Luna Rapunzel

Hate you. I ONLY FREAKED OUT OVER APPROPRIATE TOPICS LIKE ONE TIME KTHX. More like The EHWIES Award for R&Ring the SOTW, if you insist on making me bad cop. LOL

10/17/2010 #5
Cerulean City

The Wendy Brune Award: in bed.

:D :D :D :D :D

No in all seriousness, I don't really have any ~specific~ ideas for anyone, but perhaps each mod could think of something that exemplifies them?

The -EHWIES Award for Proper Thread Usage and Recommendations(?)

10/17/2010 #6
Luna Rapunzel

I HATE YOU, TOO, BLAKE.

We could make the spirited award be Wendy's... she's very LET'S GET PUMPED UP RLT WOOT. idk. XD

10/17/2010 #7
Luna Rapunzel

Actually, I love you for keeping my hyphen in the award name, so I guess that cancels out. LOL

10/17/2010 #8
Wendy Brune

That's a cop-out. If I get my own award, I want a new one. But I have no idea what to do. So I don't /have/ to have one!

10/17/2010 #9
Luna Rapunzel

The EHWIES Award for Biggest Polygamist. LOL

10/17/2010 #10
Cerulean City

I HATE YOU, TOO, BLAKE. NO YOU DON'T YOU LOVE ME.

But I mean that award in a good way. You're responsible, yah? So something like that. |D

/copout

10/17/2010 #11
Cerulean City

The EHWIES Award for Biggest Polygamist. LOL I win that with my eyes closed.

10/17/2010 #12
Wendy Brune

I like the on-topic award. XDD

10/17/2010 #13
Luna Rapunzel

I win that with my eyes closed.

I'd totally nominate you for it. Not gonna lie. Even though I officially have more fiances than you (like seven at this point). XP

lol, I don't hate you. It's just not... I mean, I only did that like this one day, so it's not the most representative of me is all I'm saying, you know?

10/17/2010 #14
Wendy Brune

But you're so responsible and organized. And you've done it more than once. ;-D

AND I LOVE YOU.

At least you have stuff to represent you in an award.

10/17/2010 #15
Luna Rapunzel

I DID IT LIKE THREE TIMES IN ONE DAY. DOESN'T COUNT.

Also, that's kind of boring. EHWIES award for being responsible and organized. What.

...point taken. XDD Stuff that represents you... hhm. Pink. Disney. Dance.

10/17/2010 #16
Cerulean City

Even though I officially have more fiances than you (like seven at this point). XP Oh, if it's a strictly RLt award like it should be, yeah! LOL.

It's just not... I mean, I only did that like this one day, so it's not the most representative of me is all I'm saying, you know? No, I really understand. I like saying it because you make it funny in your reactions. I would feel the same if I were you. Harmless teasing, love; means I like you.

10/17/2010 #17
Cerulean City

The Wendy Brune / Reviews Lounge, Too Administration Award for Excellence in Lyrically Pink Disney Endeavors.

10/17/2010 #18
Luna Rapunzel

Oh, if it's a strictly RLt award like it should be, yeah! LOL.

Oh, well, in general, you'd win that hands-down. IDK. People could nominate us both and we could DUKE IT OUT IN THE VOTING. idk. =DD

No, I really understand. I like saying it because you make it funny in your reactions. I would feel the same if I were you. Harmless teasing, love; means I like you.

I'm not offended or anything! XD For jokes, I HATE YOU WTF IS THIS. For reals, no thx. Also, I like you, tooooo. ♥ ♥ ♥

10/17/2010 #19
Luna Rapunzel

The Wendy Brune / Reviews Lounge, Too Administration Award for Excellence in Lyrically Pink Disney Endeavors.

FTW XD

10/17/2010 #20
Wendy Brune

YES. MY AWARD IS OFFICIALLY THE WENDY BRUNE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN LYRICALLY PINK DISNEY ENDEAVORS. I don't even know who would win that one, but it's official!

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #21
Cerulean City

People could nominate us both and we could DUKE IT OUT IN THE VOTING. idk. =DD YOU'RE GOING DOWN.

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEYYYY KOOONNNNNNNNG!

Also, I like you, tooooo. ♥ ♥ ♥ Awyay! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

10/17/2010 #22
Luna Rapunzel

OH, IT'S SO ON. YOU JUST WATCH. DON'T MESS WITH THE SLYTHERCLAW WINNING SKILLZ KTHX.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

10/17/2010 #23
Luna Rapunzel

So I still need one. As does Cass. Who should have one having to do with Canada or Fight Club or both. XD

10/17/2010 #24
Cerulean City

YES. MY AWARD IS OFFICIALLY THE WENDY BRUNE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN LYRICALLY PINK DISNEY ENDEAVORS. I don't even know who would win that one, but it's official! I am cracking myself up so hard over this.

10/17/2010 #25
Luna Rapunzel

@blake The EHWIES Award for Dysfunctional Engagements. LMAO

10/17/2010 #26
Wendy Brune

I seriously have no idea what my award represents - I guess who ever best matches my essence, hehe? BEST AWARD EVER.

Hm. The Canadian Cass Award for Least Stereotypical? XDD

10/17/2010 #27
Cerulean City

So I still need one. As does Cass. Who should have one having to do with Canada or Fight Club or both. XD The -EHWIES Award for Figuring Out What the Heck EHWIES Stands For and Why It Has(d) a Hyphen.

The Moose Syrup Award (aka Canada Pride!)

:D

10/17/2010 #28
Wendy Brune

THE -EHWIES AWARD FOR MOST SUPERAWESOMEAMAZING PROPOSAL!

10/17/2010 #29
Cerulean City

THE -EHWIES AWARD FOR MOST SUPERAWESOMEAMAZING PROPOSAL! SECOND!

10/17/2010 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member