The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Wendy Brune

Use this place to discuss the movie in depth instead of Randomness so as not to spoiled it for those who have not yet seen the movie.

I would start the discussion off but I have not...erh, seen the movie yet.

7/17/2011 #1
Ikrona

I loved it. It was a nice ending to the series, and the actors have really improved from the earlier movies. My only issues were minor ones, my biggest one being the whole 'Lulz, toss the Slytherins in the dungeons for a cheap laugh' gag. Which... well, it would be funny in a humor fic, but it's just so jarring and out of place in the actual movie. Otherwise I loved it, though. Even the epilogue, though I never did mind the epilogue that much (ducks for cover).

7/17/2011 #2
Avora SaDiablo

I couldn't help but chuckle at McG comment "I've always wanted to cast that spell," Even old, Maggie Smith is still adoreable.

I have to admit I still haven't read the last book. I found OotP and HBP to be such a letdown I just never got the inspirtion to read it.

I wanted to scream at Harry when he broke the wand - for crying out loud - Hogwarts was in ruins! Fix it then break it. But thats the inner domestic in me.

7/18/2011 #3
Ikrona

Agreed, Maggie Smith is awesome. And I loved her duel with Snape! Mama!Bear!McGonagall rocks my socks off.

7/18/2011 #4
SiriuslyPeeved

oh man, I'm such an unobservant type person, I posted in the wrong thread ;)

I couldn't help but laugh at the comment "I've always wanted to cast that spell" said excitedly and so adoreably my the marvelous Dame Maggie Smith. To this day she is still one of my favorite actors.

Me too! Dame Maggie had me bawling first of all when she just set eyes on Harry, let alone saying anything to him! I basically didn't stop sobbing except to adjust my 3D glasses once in a while ;) I'm going to have to go back again and see what I missed when I was trying to stop sobbing long enough to actually see the entire screen. ;)

7/27/2011 #5
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member