The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Lilly Valens

Read, reviewed, and enjoyed!

6/29/2012 #61
ShadedRogue

I'm posting this week's SotW early, because I'm going to be stuck on a plane for the next few days. This week's story is Masterpiece by cloverhand, a short, yet powerful piece for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Hope you guys enjoy!

6/30/2012 #62
MessengerOfDreams
Well deserved. I've never really thought that 100 word stories could really be that great. Guess I was wrong on that account. :)
6/30/2012 #63
Tune4Toons

Read and reviewed. :)

7/1/2012 #64
Rosawyn

Read and reviewed and LOVED Masterpiece by cloverhand.

7/1/2012 . Edited 7/1/2012 #65
darkaccalia520

Read, reviewed, and favorited. Such a lovely story. Thanks for sharing, Shady. :)

7/6/2012 #66
TheFictionFairy

Read and reviewed. Pure excellence.

7/7/2012 #67
Wendy Brune

For a little taste of some Christmas in July, I bring you our newest story of the week: Meet Me Under the Mistletoe by MrsTater. The fandom is Disney, but more specifically, Beauty and the Beast. Hopefully I don't need to explain this to you at all, but just in case you had a sad childhood (or are just against Disney and never saw any of them, which is cool, too), all you need to know for this is that Gaston is the self-centered, handsome guy about town, and Belle and her inventor father are considered different.

This story is SO funny, and features some great characterization. You must read! =)

7/8/2012 #68
darkaccalia520

I read and reviewed this story during the reviewathon, but it is a wonderful story. I highly recommend it. :)

7/10/2012 #69
MessengerOfDreams

Yay! Just read it. Now, what is the new SotW?

7/16/2012 #70
Desktop Warrior

I'll get right on that, guys!

EDIT: This week's SotW is Let Immortality Begin Again, by our incredibly talented McJunker. It offers a unique look at the trials and tribulations of immortality, where immortality doesn't necessary mean omnipotence.

7/17/2012 . Edited 7/17/2012 #71
MessengerOfDreams

That story was utterly stellar.

Anyway, who gets to pick this time? :P

7/24/2012 . Edited 7/24/2012 #72
Luna Rapunzel

lol sorry I'm late

I'm picking Wrong Number by Lynse for the new SOTW. It's a Doctor Who/Magic School Bus crossover--which in and of itself makes for a great concept, not to mention how well-written it is!

7/25/2012 #73
ShadedRogue

I think it's my turn to pick this week. Between my internet being down for two weeks and being out of the country, I've lost track. This week's SotW is The Inspection by wordybirdy, for Sherlock Holmes.

7/30/2012 #74
darkaccalia520

Sorry...I was a little behind because of my hiatus. I have read and reviewed McJunker's Let Immortality Begin and The Inspection by wordybirdy. As for Wrong Number by Lynse, I read and reviewed every chapter ages ago, but it's awesome. It's also on my favorites list and Lynse is one of my favorite writers. :)

7/30/2012 #75
Marionettes

I was wondering if it'd be possible to include the fandom to which the story belongs to on the main post?

8/4/2012 #76
ShadedRogue

Hey Marionettes. We've discussed whether or not to include the fandoms on the main post, and while we usually say what fandom the SotW is from when we post it, we've decided against adding the fandoms to the main post because we feel like it will encourage people to choose to only read SotW from fandoms they're familiar with, which kind of defeats the purpose of the SotW. We want to encourage people to read and review each SotW, regardless of fandom.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. ;p

8/5/2012 #77
Wendy Brune

Sorry y'all! It was my turn this week, but as I am currently at the beach, we'll have to take a rain check. Expect a new one next week! (This Sunday/Monday!)

8/8/2012 #78
carolgreen677

Pay no attention to my random incoherant babble /fail

8/24/2012 #79
ShadedRogue

So, it seems like this got neglected again, so this SotW is The Thing in the Bottom by ECGordon. A very interesting take, written from Hermione's perspective, on what the Harry Potter world could have been like if Harry Potter had fallen in the battle.

8/25/2012 #80
Rosawyn

I am currently one of the only two reviews on that fic! And I also beta'd it (helping the author translate it from Italian, and gosh was that ever a lot of fun and also a lot of work). XD I am so glad it was picked as SOTW, because it seriously deserves some love.

8/25/2012 #81
Sassmaster Omega 620

Read and Reviewed the new story of the week!

I was really impressed and the rest of you should check it and show the love! :)

8/26/2012 #82
IrishPanther

Read and reviewed the new story of the week!

Lovely job this author did in my opinion!

8/26/2012 #83
SkywardDiamond

Read and reviewed the story of the week. I thought it was great. I emphasized in my review my love for the line: "To change someone, she thinks, very little is needed." I love that! Kudos to the author.

8/26/2012 #84
darkaccalia520

Read, reviewed, and favorited. :) Thanks for sharing, Shady. :D

8/27/2012 #85
Verran

Read and Reviewed The Thing in the Bottom. Excellent piece.

8/28/2012 #86
slightlysmall

Read and reviewed "The Thing in the Bottom." A great choice for story of the week. I really enjoyed it.

8/28/2012 #87
Desktop Warrior

I'll make the next SotW on September 3rd, and I'll get to reviewing each SotW when I've gotten my schedule all worked out here. Thanks for keeping this alive, Cass!

8/28/2012 #88
CheddarTrek

Reviewed this one for another thread, but I suppose it counts here as well. Good story!

8/28/2012 #89
TheFictionFairy

Reviewed (and was absolutely blown away) by The Thing in the Bottom.

8/28/2012 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleG, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member