The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Poll
What's your opinion of the Reviewers' Choice Awards for 2011?
1 Other (PM Wendy!)
2 We should not do it this year.
3 Let's do it again, but only forum awards.
4 Let's do it exactly the same - stories and forum awards.
5 Let's do it again, but only story awards.
Blind Poll ? » Please vote for one of the choices.
Wendy Brune

So, a small discussion began as to what to do for the Reviewers' Choice Awards 2011. (If you missed the last awards and have no idea what I'm talking about, see here. If you're curious about the winners last year, see here!) We're sort of torn on how to do it this year, so we're putting the vote to you guys.

Before you vote, consider the options:

1.) We could do everything the same as last year, story and forum awards alike. However, like last year, I am pretty hesitant about the forum awards. The focus of this forum, even if it has fallen to the way-side, is about reviewing under-appreciated stories. And that's just not me talking - when we had a similar discussion this summer about the future of the forum, almost everyone agreed that the original intent should still be here.

So

2.) We could just do story awards. However, we've all been slacking, myself included. It might be too big of a jump to swing right into things with an awards; I, myself, wouldn't even know which stories to nominate that hadn't won last year.

So

3.) We could just do forum awards. See reason one.

So

4.) We could just not do them this year, but I do know everyone had lots of fun last year. (Also evidenced by the survey you guys filled out last year!)

Basically, I'm really good with what the majority wants to do. I know it was lots of fun last year, but we're not really prepared for story awards. I like the forum awards, but I don't want hurt feelings. Please vote above and feel free to explain your choice or thoughts on this thread. I'll leave this up for a week or two and see what happens. (Also note that anyone is allowed to discuss and vote. It doesn't matter if you've been here for two days or two years.)

10/23/2011 . Edited 10/23/2011 #1
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member