The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Rosawyn

I've got two kids also, both girls.

I want a girl!!! lol I love my boys and I wouldn't trade them for anything. But I still want a girl too! :P

My youngest just turned five and my oldest will be seven in a week and a half.

lol That's so weird. My youngest just turned five and my oldest will be seven in April.

So, how are you doing otherwise?

:/ Not really sure how to answer that question, to be perfectly honest.

How come I'm so tired

Maybe you didn't get enough sleep last night.

2/29/2012 #5,971
darkaccalia520

Well, I was just teasing. I really hope not too. Rest your voice...type away. :)

2/29/2012 #5,972
darkaccalia520

Haha...I want a boy, but that won't be happening. But, I have three nephews, so that makes up for it. I won't be having anymore children, so I have what I have, but I wouldn't change it for the world either. We did think my second one was a boy when she was in vitro...boy, were we surprised...lol. Guess our children were born around the same time then. Cool. :) It's fun age.

2/29/2012 #5,973
Rosawyn

I have three nephews, so that makes up for it.

I have three nieces, but that doesn't make up for it. :( I guess I'm just more selfish. :P

Guess our children were born around the same time then.

Yep, it sure sounds like it.

2/29/2012 #5,974
darkaccalia520

Haha...well, I also have three nieces too...lol. And, I know what you mean...it's not the same, but it's a close second.

Not trying to be too personal, but are you trying to have another? If so, I'll say some extra special prayers that you have a little girl then. :)

2/29/2012 #5,975
Desktop Warrior

How come I'm so tired, when all I did was to get up, eat a mango, meet friend, bond over coffe, then bond over dinner?

Maybe it's just one of those days. Could be the weather, too. I find I'm lethargic on really humid days.

Though my voice is cracked, after shouting to be heard at the place I had dinner.

Ugh, I hate places like that. I like to be able to talk at a normal volume and have the other person hear me; and vice-versa.

I want a girl!!! lol I love my boys and I wouldn't trade them for anything. But I still want a girl too! :P

I wish I had a little sister. /shot

Hey, all.

2/29/2012 #5,976
darkaccalia520

Hey, Time...I wish I'd have had a younger sibling too. I'm the youngest, and my siblings are a lot older than I am...so I pretty much grew up alone, like I was an only child. I feel your pain.

2/29/2012 #5,977
Rosawyn

I like to be able to talk at a normal volume and have the other person hear me; and vice-versa.

Me too.

I wish I had a little sister.

I always wished I had a little sister too. But I got 6 little brothers instead. :P

2/29/2012 #5,978
darkaccalia520

Whoa, six...crazy, Rosa. :P How did you keep your sanity?

2/29/2012 #5,979
ShadedRogue

I wish I had a younger sister, too! Although I'm practically BBFs with my younger brother, so he'll do. ;D

2/29/2012 #5,980
Rosawyn

How did you keep your sanity?

:P Who says I did?! XD But...I did have my older sister; so she helped me a lot. ^_^

2/29/2012 #5,981
darkaccalia520

Haha...well, that's good then. :) Yep, siblings can be useful.

2/29/2012 #5,982
Desktop Warrior

Hey, Time...I wish I'd have had a younger sibling too. I'm the youngest, and my siblings are a lot older than I am...so I pretty much grew up alone, like I was an only child. I feel your pain.

Someone understands! :D

Myself, I'm torn between wanting to be Forever Alone and having lots of kids. If I ever get married/into a common-law relationship, it'll also depend on what my partner wants. I can't force them to have many kids, and if we just adopt, I'm not sure adopting more than one or two kids would even be economically feasible.

I wish I had a younger sister, too! Although I'm practically BBFs with my younger brother, so he'll do. ;D

LOL that's awesome~

2/29/2012 #5,983
darkaccalia520

Haha...I do, Time, I do.

You know, you don't need a partner to have children, but I'm sure you know that. Plus, you have lots of time to decide. Don't rush it. Everything happens for a reason, and it will happen at the right time.

But, yes, as far as the economy, I understand. I wanted five children; I only have two and cannot really afford more than that right now. Kids are expensive.

2/29/2012 #5,984
SimonSeville27

AAAAHHHH! This paper is driving me nuts. I have no clue what I'm saying and I have to get it done tonight so I can take it to get printed cause they can't just have the stupid thing printed it has to be spiral bound with a stupid cardstock cover sheet and I can't find the research I need and I'm running out of time and I just want it to be Friday already so I can skip all my classes curl up in a ball in the corner and forget this entire assignment even existed...

/crazypsychobabelranting

^Ditto

Okay, going back to my work now that I got to vent...

2/29/2012 #5,985
darkaccalia520

Awww...I hope things get better for you, Simon. Good luck.

2/29/2012 #5,986
ShadedRogue

^ Simon, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! -curls up in a ball with you-

2/29/2012 #5,987
Kieran-Prince

Simon, I completely sympathize with you. I hope things turn out alright.

And hello everyone :)

2/29/2012 #5,988
Desktop Warrior

You know, you don't need a partner to have children, but I'm sure you know that. Plus, you have lots of time to decide. Don't rush it. Everything happens for a reason, and it will happen at the right time.

I know. But adoption agencies are far more likely to allow couples to adopt than singles, even same-sex couples, from what I know. (Or for that matter, I might be in a relationship with a woman who can't have biological kids or doesn't want them - and I really wouldn't blame her if it was the latter. From everything I know about pregnancy and birth, it's not all rainbows and rabbits frolicking in the fields. Not trying to deny the joys of it at all, but still. I look at it from both sides.)

AAAAHHHH! This paper is driving me nuts. I have no clue what I'm saying and I have to get it done tonight so I can take it to get printed cause they can't just have the stupid thing printed it has to be spiral bound with a stupid cardstock cover sheet and I can't find the research I need and I'm running out of time and I just want it to be Friday already so I can skip all my classes curl up in a ball in the corner and forget this entire assignment even existed...

Are you serious? That's...disgusting. I never had to present a paper with anything more complex than a separate title page and annotated bibliography. What are they going to do with your papers, publish them in an academic journal or something? Or display them in a museum?

EDIT: Hey, Kieran!

2/29/2012 . Edited 2/29/2012 #5,989
Rosawyn

If I ever get married/into a common-law relationship, it'll also depend on what my partner wants.

Maybe you'll meet and fall in love with one of those people who wants 20 kids...it could happen. lol

Though...some people do change their minds about this stuff. I have a friend who has three kids. When she and her husband first married, they had planned on having as many kids as they could. But she got Postpartum Depression pretty bad after her 3rd, so they re-evaluated that idea. It wasn't like she was ever considering harming her kids (that's not PPD, btw, that's Postpartum Psychosis and it's a lot rarer), but she was considering harming herself. So...yeah. She's a wonderful mom and she loves her kids. She just didn't end up having as many as she had originally imagined.

I'm not sure adopting more than one or two kids would even be economically feasible.

I guess that really depends on where you live and what your career is and such. My husband's brother and his wife adopted two children and were planning on adopting two more (they were actually looking to adopt a set of twins) when they discovered the wife was pregnant (after something like 10 years of trying). So they now have three, two adopted and one biological. They've talked about having more kids too. For them, it's definitely economically feasible. They live in a nice big house, so they have the room. He makes decent money from his job, and she runs an in-home daycare as well.

2/29/2012 #5,990
ShadedRogue

Speaking of babies. My friend has a daughter who is about four or five now, and she's due with a boy any day now. I'm excited! I totally wanted him to be born today and be a leap year baby, but I don't know if that's going to happen. Still could, I suppose. XD

I definitely want children, but I think two is about my limit.

2/29/2012 #5,991
Rosawyn

You know, you don't need a partner to have children, but I'm sure you know that.

It makes it easier, though. I had a friend who tried to adopt as a single woman, and she was turned down. It was pretty sad, because she loves kids and would be a wonderful mother.

I wanted five children; I only have two and cannot really afford more than that right now.

heh My parents had 8...doesn't mean they could afford it. ...at all.

Awww...I hope things get better for you, Simon. Good luck.

^this

From everything I know about pregnancy and birth, it's not all rainbows and rabbits frolicking in the fields.

heh It's not rainbows and rabbits frolicking in the fields...at all. :P Doesn't mean it's all terrible, though. Everyone's experience is different. The whole pregnancy part has been relatively easy for me. To be perfectly honest, I got off pretty easy on the birth part too...it just didn't *feel* that way at ALL. :P lol

2/29/2012 #5,992
darkaccalia520

I think when we're young, we make plans...and what we want and what we get might be two different things at times. Like, I was going to have five children, three girls, two boys...and name them after Anne Rice characters...lol. That didn't happen. But, I had that plan when I was sixteen. :P

But, as far as the adopting...I think that's awesome. If I had the money and the room, I'd love to adopt or at least foster. There are so many children who need good, safe homes....maybe in the future...

Either way, I'm sure everyone's lives will fall into place eventually. It's hard not knowing what the future holds sometimes though.

2/29/2012 #5,993
SimonSeville27

Are you serious? That's...disgusting. I never had to present a paper with anything more complex than a separate title page and annotated bibliography. What are they going to do with your papers, publish them in an academic journal or something? Or display them in a museum?

Nope... they're just trying to kill me. I mean, it's a legal brief, and if I was a lawyer and actually filing an appeal it would have to be pretty, but it isn't so I don't get why I have to go have it professionally printed. With the way some of these sections are, I'm starting to feel like I'm in a graphic design program instead of law school.

2/29/2012 #5,994
ShadedRogue

Okay, I need to wander around to track down a stapler for my paper and then go to my class and hand it in. I'll probably be back sometime later tonight.

HAVE FUN WITH THE BABY CONVERSATION!

2/29/2012 #5,995
SimonSeville27

Ugh... stapler... I'm so jealous.

2/29/2012 #5,996
Rosawyn

she's due with a boy any day now. I'm excited! I totally wanted him to be born today and be a leap year baby, but I don't know if that's going to happen. Still could, I suppose. XD

lol That'd be pretty cool! but babies come when they're ready...and it's best to let them.

I definitely want children, but I think two is about my limit.

heh I went through stages with this. When my sister and I were little, we used to say that we both wanted 16 kids. I'm pretty sure we both just liked the number. When I was a teenager, I went from thinking I wanted about 4 to deciding I didn't want any at all. But when I met my husband, he wanted kids...lots of kids (I think he still wants at least 6), and I decided I did want...some kids, but 4 maximum. Then I actually went through the birth of my first, and said "No way in hell am I having anymore; that's it!" But less than a year later, I was all like, "I want another baby! :(" And as soon as my 2nd baby was born, I laughed and said, "I'm never doing that again!" (And then some other stuff happened, including some really sad stuff), and anyway...at the moment, I want to have another baby...not right now, but sometime. And I want it to be a girl. :P but I know I don't really get to pick that. Sometimes, I look at my two kids and I think, "What if this is it? What if two boys is all I ever have?" and I start to wonder if maybe that'd be okay, and then I sort of panic, because I sort of really want to have another baby. I was taking an anti-depressant that wouldn't be safe to take while pregnant, but I'm off of that now and have been off for a while, but we still aren't living in a big enough place to have another baby, so I guess I still have to wait.

2/29/2012 #5,997
Desktop Warrior

Maybe you'll meet and fall in love with one of those people who wants 20 kids...it could happen. lol

Haha, we'll see. In any case, I plan on respecting my partner's wishes for how many kids they want, if they want any at all. And if they don't...well, okay, I'll be sad, but I can't force them otherwise. It's a commitment, in any case.

I guess that really depends on where you live and what your career is and such. My husband's brother and his wife adopted two children and were planning on adopting two more (they were actually looking to adopt a set of twins) when they discovered the wife was pregnant (after something like 10 years of trying). So they now have three, two adopted and one biological. They've talked about having more kids too. For them, it's definitely economically feasible. They live in a nice big house, so they have the room. He makes decent money from his job, and she runs an in-home daycare as well.

That's awesome! I mean, I'm sure they love all their kids the same, but for them to finally have a biological child after all these years must've been a godsend.

I totally wanted him to be born today and be a leap year baby, but I don't know if that's going to happen. Still could, I suppose. XD

Haha, here's hoping.

The whole pregnancy part has been relatively easy for me. To be perfectly honest, I got off pretty easy on the birth part too...it just didn't *feel* that way at ALL. :P lol

It's wonderful, but it has its side effects. -nods- And that's how it pretty much went for my mom as well. Textbook birth, which apparently the doctors thought was amazing, considering I was her first child at that age.

But, as far as the adopting...I think that's awesome. If I had the money and the room, I'd love to adopt or at least foster. There are so many children who need good, safe homes....maybe in the future...

I actually wouldn't mind adopting an older child, if I could. It'd be a lot harder in some ways, but easier in others, I think.

Nope... they're just trying to kill me. I mean, it's a legal brief, and if I was a lawyer and actually filing an appeal it would have to be pretty, but it isn't so I don't get why I have to go have it professionally printed. With the way some of these sections are, I'm starting to feel like I'm in a graphic design program instead of law school.

Even so, for the love of... You'd think legal briefs would be just that: brief. In any case, dude, best of luck.

2/29/2012 #5,998
Rosawyn

and name them after Anne Rice characters...lol.

!! XD lol! ...but then again, if I ever have a daughter, I'm totally naming her after a Tolkien character. And I don't care what anybody says about it. It's an awesome name, and my husband agrees.

There are so many children who need good, safe homes...

This is so true.

2/29/2012 #5,999
Desktop Warrior

Okay, I need to wander around to track down a stapler for my paper and then go to my class and hand it in. I'll probably be back sometime later tonight.

Have fun with that~

@Rosa: It's best to just make your own decision on these matters. If you're ready, you're ready and if not, you're not. No pressure either way. ^_^

Also, I think this may be a sign that I'm going even more insane, but I could've sworn I saw the word 'moose' somewhere here.

2/29/2012 #6,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 190 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 210 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member