The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Vergil1989 the Crossover King

I'm a first time fanfic writer but don't let that deter anyone from taking a gander here lol.

Name: Mass Effect; Mass and Magic

Fandom: Mass Effect/DnD crossover

Genre: sci fi/fantasy

Characters: FemShep and the rest of the cast from ME plus a few OCs along the way.

Length: I don't and never have done oneshots. This is a multi-chapter multi part series spanning all three games, or will when I actually get to the other ones lol.

Any other information?: Considering I'm putting two worlds together, I am sure there will be issues combining magic with technology, but I'm of the philosophy it can work. (Just look at Final Fantasy sometime.) Still, I am needing someone that's good with such an idea as well as at least be able to look stuff up on both the Mass Effect wiki as well as the Forgotten Realms wiki if they aren't intimately familiar with either. Beyond that, just the general pointers, hints, and what have you so that I don't totally screw up my own story lol.

5/12/2012 . Edited 5/12/2012 #31
darkin520

Well, Vergil, I am not versed in the fandom, but if you can't find anyone else, I can look it over for you. Just let me know. I'll see what I can do.

5/14/2012 #32
SiriuslyPeeved

Um.... Might anyone have a moment to look over my mass May birthday crack!fic crossover? I'm nearly done, it should be tomorrow or Wednesday. I'd like it up by the 20th if I can manage it :). I just feel like it makes even less sense than it should! (rofl!)

Name: SiriuslyPeeved

Fandom: Crossover: Inception / Game of Thrones (TV) / Pokemon / SeaQuest DSV and perhaps Harry Potter...

Genre: crack!fic / parody / humor lol

Characters: would rather not say but may contain slash (T rated / mild )

Length: under 3000 words?

Thanks in advance in a big way :p ;)

5/14/2012 #33
MalkieriJester

Name: Legacy of the Wolf

Fandom: Wheel of Time

Genre: Fantasy/Adventure

Characters: Original based on Wot Canon, set Post-Last Battle

Length: Multi-Chaptered (already have about half of it posted - 9 Chapters so far)

Any other information?: Am really looking for a canon watchdog, but more especially help with character developement and plot-flow

5/16/2012 #34
The Bitter Kitten
Siri-bear, if you still need a beta for for your legendary crack!fic, I could do it!
5/19/2012 #35
SiriuslyPeeved

Yay!! I'll PM you. It isn't quite done due to week of chaos. :). Thanks!!!

5/20/2012 #36
shiny ruby

Name:RubyRed.950

Fandom:Harry Potter

Genre:Romance and Humor

Characters:Harry/Ginny

Length: One Shot

Any other information?: It's basically Harry and Ginny overhearing and interrupting one of Romildas tirades about how awful Ginny is.

5/27/2012 #37
meltedliripip

Hi. I was recently looking around the forums to see if anyone was looking for a Beta reader. And then I saw your post(the one I pasted below) and I was wanderin if anyone had got back to you? I'm desperately trying to find someone to Beta for - I'm itching to do a bit of editing - and so if you're interested, please let me know. You can read my stories if you like, but I'm not sure they reallly reflect my skills as a Beta. Because I'm much better at editing than I am at writing myself. I can let ou know anything you want to know about me, but please get back to me soon?

Thanks.

Name: Guilt (though title is subject to change)

Fandom: Harry Potter

Genre: Angst

Characters: Petunia Dursley

Length: One shot

Additional details: Summary Petunia Dursley feels saddend over the loss of her sister Lily. She realises that she no longer has a sister and her chances at making amends has been taken away from her. Weill focus on the main feelings of Petunia because come on, even sisters who hate each other feel saddened if their sister is dead.

I need a beta to make sure I don't have any plot holes, grammatical errors, and because I am notorious for repeating myself within my stories, I need somebody to check that over as well.

Additional Notes The story is going to be revised and edited... I think I am going to rewrite certain details. Those interested in seeing the original to tell me in advance what I need to work on can take a look at it (in its original text) on my ficwad account that will be posted below:

http://www. ficwad. com/story/157253

5/30/2012 #38
meltedliripip

PS That was a post for Ghost Auror.

5/30/2012 #39
Sloan33

I need a beta, because going through those thousands of betas doesn't sound like fun. I'd like one who also doesn't mind betaing (word?) slash.

6/6/2012 #40
HeroInTraining

If it's not over-the-top, I don't mind.

6/7/2012 #41
Hinata-Snow the First

Name: Hinata-Snow the First

Fandom: Naruto

Genre: Romance/Adventure

Characters: Starring Hinata Hyuga and a pair of OCs known as the Duo.

Length: 6/17/12 edit: I took down the story to rework it, so write now the length is zero.

Any other information: As an author, I work slow so I need a patient Beta reader. As for the story, it features a yuri pairing and has some minor yaoi. Also, it has heavy OC involvement and takes on some dark themes.

Please answer A.S.A.P. Hinata-Snow the First

6/14/2012 . Edited 6/17/2012 #42
Rosawyn

I'd like one who also doesn't mind betaing (word?) slash.

I don't mind slash in general, but it sort of depends on the pairing. I wouldn't want to read Harry/Voldemort, for example. XD (Also, I won't beta incest fics regardless of the genders or anything else.) Right now, though, the biggest concern for me would be that I can't beta anything that's too long, because I'm a slow reader and I just suck like that. :P I prefer fics/chapters that are in the less than 3000 words range. edit: In general, I don't read fics that are rated M, but I could probably be persuaded to make an exception.

6/15/2012 . Edited 6/15/2012 #43
Sloan33

Well, you wouldn't have to worry about me doing Harry/Voldemort. Basically the only slash pairings I would write in the HP world would be Harry/Blaise, or Remus/Sirius. You're good on that. ;)

And the lengths wouldn't be a problem. Do you beta the Bleach or Death Note fandom? Or would you?

6/16/2012 #44
Rosawyn

Harry/Blaise, or Remus/Sirius. You're good on that. ;)

I don't have an opinion on Harry/Blaise, since I don't really know or care much about Blaise, but I freaking love Remus/Sirius. :D

Do you beta the Bleach or Death Note fandom? Or would you?

I don't know anything at all about either fandom, so I wouldn't be the best beta for those. Not that I'd be against doing it if you couldn't find someone else, but I just think someone who actually knew something about the world and characters would probably do a much better job.

6/16/2012 #45
StormyMonday

Any other information: As an author, I work slow so I need a patient Beta reader. As for the story, it features a yuri pairing and has some minor yaoi. Also, it has heavy OC involvement and takes on some dark themes.

Please answer A.S.A.P. Hinata-Snow the First

Hi Hinata. I don't know very much at all about Naruto, but I can probably help you out. Drop me a PM and we can discuss the details. =)

6/17/2012 #46
Caesar Flickerman

Name: Clandestine

Fandom: Haruhi Suzumiya Series

Genre: Suspense/Supernatural/A little bit of romance

Characters: A lot of pairings but mainly Kyon/Haruhi

Length: Precisely 5,296 words for the 1st chapter. (I'm planning this to be multi-chaptered. I need a patient beta reader because I will be polishing one chapter every 1 1/2 weeks or so)

Any other information?: This thing turns the cheerful world of Haruhi Suzumiya into the complete opposite of the word "dream" Set in a dystopian future, Kyon lives a normal life as an employee for the Branch of Twelve. However, when a key figure is murdered at the Paramount Assembly, Kyon realizes that their dystopian government has kept one mission a secret: To annihilate any person who is or has supernatural powers. Now, together with the help of his friends and Haruhi, they must build up weapons and either kill, run, or die while simultaneously trying to keep their supernatural attitude safe from the evil hands of the government.

6/23/2012 #47
Sloan33

I'll be happy to beta anyone who shares my fandoms; you can look on my beta profile if it's up. If not, please PM me about it and I'll make exceptions. Maybe. ;)

7/12/2012 #48
The Red Strings

Name: Without Fault

Fandom: Crossover: Harry Potter/The Vampire Diaries

Genre: Romance/Drama

Characters: Hermione Granger and Niklaus Mikaelson as well as minor appearances of other characters from The Vampire Diaries and Harry Potter.

Length: It's only two chapters as of right now (20, 388 words), and I am planning it to end as a three-chapter story. It may change in order to accommodate any changes of the story and such.

Any other information?: This is an odd pairing, I even have to admit that, but I hope that this doesn't turn people away from helping. It's rated M for adult concepts and impolite language. Also, I am hoping for some insight on what I need to do in order to maintain these characters in, well, um, character. I may need help someone to look over the previous two chapters for any mistakes such as grammar and tenses. I really don't pay attention to tenses at all so that's a big problem. Oh! And I would be comfortable with someone who is familiar with one of these fandoms.

7/21/2012 #49
HeroInTraining

I'd be able to help in the Harry Potter department! I really don't know much about Vampire Diaries, but that's what Wikipedia is for! :)

7/22/2012 #50
darkin520

Name: I'm kind of looking for a general beta who'd be willing to help me punch up all my stories. But currently, I have two stories going and would appreciate help on those. I've never really asked for a beta before, so I kind of have some stipulations, which I'll put later. Remember When and Moments Like This are my two current stories.

Fandom: seaQuest

Genre: Remember When is sci-fi/adventure. Moments Like This is sci-fi/angst.

Characters: general seaQuest characters with functional OC's added in on occasion; the OC's are not the focus, however

Length: They are both multi-chaptered stories in progress. Remember When, I suspect, will be in the thirty chapter range, give or take a bit. Moments, I'm guessing will be twenty. We'll see what happens.

Any other information?: You don't need fandom familiarity. I don't have problems with characterizations. What I need is help with description. That's my weakness, and I'm the first to admit it. However, I also need someone who can keep up with me. I have a certain update schedule that I abide by, and I don't want to stray from it. I also don't want you changing my storyline in anyway. I just need help on certain weak areas of the chapters. I would like help on the already posted ones, but those can be a bit of a wait on as I'd rather have help on what I'm currently writing. For example, I'm currently writing chapter 16 of Remember When. I update both my current stories once a week, so I'd like to keep that schedule. If you are willing to keep up with me, then you are my beta. Please PM me, and we'll set something up. If not, I'll have to keep doing what I've been doing. Thank you.

7/23/2012 #51
Madam'zelleGiry

darkin, I'll be able to beta for you later in August. At the moment, my schedule is not able to be depended on so I can't commit to a weekly schedule but I could beta a few things randomly every so often.

7/25/2012 #52
The Red Strings

Name: The Sweetest Eyes

Fandom: Cross-over: Harry Potter X The Vampire Diaries

Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort

Characters: Pairing: Hermione/Klaus.

Length: One shot.

Any other information?: I simply need someone to look over it for tenses and grammatical mistakes. I'm absolutely horrid with that, I really am. There is also a little bit of revising that I might need done, not completely sure though. I'm very comfortable with how the story ended up, so again, all I really need help with are the technical mistakes and such, and how to make some of the wording less awkward. I've tried editing on my own...Honestly, I'm complete rubbish with editing so I've take the advice of a wonderful reviewer to seek some help! So any slight tweaks would be considered and probably be welcomed.

7/25/2012 #53
strixx

Name: Horrible Relations.

Fandom: Batman:TDK.

Genre: Crime/Adventure, but that's probably inaccurate.

Characters: Batman/Bruce Wayne & the Joker [Jonathan Crane, too, but there's only two character options.]

Length: It's pretty lengthy; 38,223 words.

Any other information?: I need someone who will be truly dedicated to helping me. I'm looking for a beta who will take my whole story and help collaborate about how the plot and general flow//pace of the story should go. I need help on how to get from point A to point B, and somehow end at C. I feel like it takes too long to get to where I want it to be; the first two//three chapters are a complete snore fest and seem useless in the over-all scheme of things. I want to fix that up first and foremost and maybe fix a couple other little things such as, oh, I don't know, everything else. Okay, that's hyperbole, but you get the idea, ;} If you feel so inclined to take this seriously, just shoot over a PM. I'm very friendly, c:

7/27/2012 #54
PlainSimpleGarak

Name: Trouble

Fandom: Avatar: Legend of Korra

Genre: Humor / Family / Adventure

Characters: Iroh 2.0, Zuko, Mai, anyone else in the family I can get my hands on...

Length: Multi-chapter fic. This is a collection of related short stories. Each chapter is a short stand alone fic, but when read together the short stories intertwine and reference one another. Each chapter is 1000-2500 words there will be 19 chapters total (4 are already published).

Any other information?: Basically this work tells the story of Iroh from an infant to an adult with one story for every year of life. They start out fluffy and slowly grow more dangerous/mature/sophisticated as the protagonist ages. The fic is already planned out, so I do not need help with content. I do need help with polishing. I make a lot of typos, many of them coming from my horrific typing skills, and I find it very difficult to edit my own work. I also value feedback on word choice and cutting unnecessary words or repetitive bits.

I prefer to use Microsoft Word and use the 'track changes' function whenever possible.

7/27/2012 #55
lilgenious

Name:On Dictionaries, Definitions, and Friendship (original is posted on my profile. Rewrite is coming as soon as I get the final pieces wrapped up.)

Fandom:Alexandre Dumas (Challenge response)

Genre:Friendship/humour

Characters:The Four inseparables, a dictionary... oh and some Cardinal's guards because our four friends are quite a handful when it comes to pride and making sure that the musketeer corps are the best.

Length:Unknown length for one shot. The rewrite is in the beginning processes.

Any other information:I don't need help with characterisation but I am quite notorious at repeating myself and making horrendous grammar mistakes.

7/29/2012 #56
The Death Frisbee

PSG: Since it's not canonical knowledge that you want, and all you're looking for is SPAG, I can do it but I am curious what schedule you're looking for as far as it's concerned. Drop me a PM and let me know!

7/29/2012 #57
Beautiful Phantom

Name: The Loveless

Fandom: InuYasha/Kuroshitsuji Crossover

Genre: Supernatural, Angst, Dark, with a dash of Romance and Humor

Characters: Ciel Phantomhive, Kagome Higurashi, Shippou, and Sebastian Michaelis

Length: It's multi-chaptered and I do try to go over at least 4k of words in a chapter.

Any other information?: Personally, I'd like a general beta who will take care of me and my fanfictions. But I'll be happy if I can even get some help with just my main project instead, which is the fanfiction mentioned above. I'm actually deaf, so I may have issues with grammar and I am concerned about the characterization and the flow of the story too.

I do apologized if this fanfiction, let alone the crossover, bothered you somewhat though. To each their own I guess. But I'd love to have someone encouraging me...kicking my butt to push on and someone to bounce off ideas to. Any help on improvement would be greatly appreciated, no matter how little or if I already have a beta or not.

As you can see, I am very willing to improve my writing!

If interested, please PM me!

8/1/2012 . Edited 8/1/2012 #58
Sloan33

Name: Breathe

Fandom: Person of Interest

Genre: Hurt/Comfort, suspense, drama. Bit of slash.

Characters: Reese and Finch

Length: About 1000 to 1050 words per chapter.

Any other info? I'd like a beta who is willing to help out with my plot and description. Because description is my weakest point. I don't really know what else to say, except that if you are willing, just PM me and we'll talk. .

8/4/2012 #59
Caesar Flickerman

Can somebody beta me? I'm not saying I'm impatient but I've waited a very long time and still no beta.

8/4/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member