The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Wendy Brune

I am incredibly pleased to present the end of the 2012 Reviewathon. Despite some difficulties (forum black out, anyone?) I am so happy to call this little game a resounding success. We had two participants who scored over 200 points, much higher than we ever anticipated. As a group, we left 600 reviews and totaled more points than I care to count. Needless to say, we will be doing this again! =)

Now to the part everyone cares about...the results! Due to the extremely high scores of the top four individuals, we are expanding our top spots to four instead of three. Winners, you should be receiving a PM soon (if you haven't already) with further instructions, but the top four will get a story written by the mod of their choice. First place will get first choice of mod, second place will get second choice from the remaining mods, and so on.

In first place, with 258.5 points...Inkfire!

In second place, with 245 points...Emily Mae!

In third place,with 167.5 points...Rosawyn!

In fourth place, with 141 points...MadameGiry25!

---

Additionally, everyone earned at least on participation prize. I will announce here when each prize is available. Keep checking back! Participation prizes are as follows:

Level One: Online Participation Cerfiticate

Level Two: Personal cheer on Wendy's profile for a week! =)

Level Three: One review from one mod

Level Four: One review from at least three mods.

Level Five: A handwritten letter from Wendy - WITH stickers. (This was originally supposed to be for the first-place winner only, but because the top four were the only four to make it to level five, we want to reward their successes with stickers and letters. Please PM Wendy with an address you'd like to be contacted at. If you do not feel comfortable sharing that information, please contact Wendy for additional options.)

--

LEVEL FIVE

1. Inkfire 258.5

2. Emily Mae 245

3. Rosawyn 167.5

4. MadameGiry25 141

LEVEL FOUR

5. darkin520 81.5

LEVEL THREE

6. ShadedRogue 60.5

7. Esther A2J 59.5

8. TheWordFountain 47.5

LEVEL TWO

9. EHWIES 26.5

10. Songstar13 23

LEVEL ONE

11. Desktop Warrior 18.5

12. Cutecudlyme 14.5

13. Sappy3 14

14. Mistical Ninja 9.5

15. Wendy Brune 7.5

16. Cerulean City 6 (TIE)

16. ToManyLetters 6 (TIE)

--

Feel free to discuss the results here, as well as any thing you want to reflect on! Congrats, guys! I can't wait to do this again next year.

2/13/2012 . Edited 2/13/2012 #1
Rosawyn

Wow, I am so proud to be one of the top 4 who actually made it to level 5. :D Of course, I am also blown away by the amazing reviewing abilities of Inkfire and Emily Mae who both managed to beat me by nearly one hundred points!!!

I do have a question about the prizes...if someone like me, for example, has achieved prize level 5, do we *also* get the prizes for the other 4 levels (eg, a participation certificate, reviews from mods) in addition to the level 5 prize?

Congratulations to everyone who participated! I'm sure we made many fanfic writers happy. ^_^

Were there really only 17 of us who participated?? And we managed a total of 600 reviews? That's pretty amazing!! Really!!

2/13/2012 #2
xoxcrescentmoonxox

Wow! This is amazing, you guys! Hats off to all of the participants! (And Wendy/whoever did all that math XD )

2/13/2012 #3
sappy3

Wow, the contest is over. I thought there were a couple more days left before the end. Congratulation to the winners. You are a reviewing class of your own.

I did manage to write another review before the end by the way though (to Tales of a Dark Continent by Morthoron). Not that it matters that much.

Anyway, congratulation Inky, Emily Rosa and Madame G (I don't think we ever met). Hat off for you.

2/13/2012 #4
Wendy Brune

I do have a question about the prizes...if someone like me, for example, has achieved prize level 5, do we *also* get the prizes for the other 4 levels (eg, a participation certificate, reviews from mods) in addition to the level 5 prize?

Yes ma'am! You get all the prizes! XDD

I did manage to write another review before the end by the way though (to Tales of a Dark Continent by Morthoron). Not that it matters that much.

I'll add that in a minute! =)

2/13/2012 #5
Luna Rapunzel

Way to completely revive our archive interest, you guys! I'm seriously blown away by how actively so many people participated. We have a crap ton of fics that we're going to be able to go through and graduate over the next couple of days thanks to you!

whoever did all that math XD

-bows- :D

And lol, I didn't realize that you get all the participation prizes of the lower levels the higher up you go--duly noted that I'll have a few more fics to review than expected for levels 3/4/5, lol

2/13/2012 #6
Wendy Brune

It'll be like nothing. XD

Edit: Yeah, E did all the math. I tried to do the simplest thing - just count the total number of reviews without even thinking about points - and I freaked out and had to ask her.

2/13/2012 . Edited 2/13/2012 #7
Luna Rapunzel

Your email about that made me really happy, actually. You make me really happy. WENWIES! BE MY VALENTINE Y/Y

2/13/2012 #8
Rosawyn

You get all the prizes! XDD

Yay! :D That's awesome!

We have a crap ton of fics that we're going to be able to go through and graduate over the next couple of days thanks to you!

I was thinking that too - that a lot of fics are going to be able to graduate now. ^_^

2/13/2012 #9
Luna Rapunzel

yep, I'm super excited for what this means for the c2s. Next we just have to gather momentum and find people to start filling them up with fresh fics--should talk to other mods about that

2/13/2012 #10
Madam'zelleG

I find it absolutely incredible that 17 of us managed to review such a huge number of fics! Go team! Now let's fill the c2 with lots of new under-reviewed fics for next year and do it all again!

Thanks so much to all the mods for getting this together! This was absolutely phenomenal! Congrats to everyone who participated, particularly Emily, Azzie, and Rosa! Great work!

2/13/2012 #11
Emily Mae

REVIEWATHON SUCCESS!

Guys, I'm so proud of us! 600 reviews?! That's awesome!

Also, I'm thrilled that prize level 5 is the letter from Wendy. My only disappointment about coming in second was that I wasn't going to get a letter with stickers! Now I don't have to worry.

Anyway, I had a super fun time doing this and I think it was a great idea, a huge success and I hope we do it again! :D

2/13/2012 #12
Wendy Brune

Your email about that made me really happy, actually. You make me really happy. WENWIES! BE MY VALENTINE Y/Y

I am so glad. I was convinced that I was bothering you. I LOVE YOU VALENTINE! I WAS GONNA SEND YOU FLOWERS BUT THE PRICES ARE SUPER HIGH RIGHT NOW. BE PREPARED FOR SOME AWESOME MARCH FLOWERS! =)

I'm so proud of all those reviews, too. It is crazy that 17 of us could do that (especially considering how little some us - i.e me - did!)

2/13/2012 #13
Inkfire

Woohoo, 600 reviews as a group! That's so amazing =D WE ROCK, GUYS =)

This was seriously pretty awesome. And we have brilliant archives, too =) it was really nice to discover them - especially for something so exciting ;)

2/14/2012 #14
Luna Rapunzel

WENDY YOU ARE F***ING PERFECT AWWWW THANK YOU SO MUCH. (my bday is March 4th! nudge nudge) :DDDD

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL

eta: ahhhh whoops i should censor that.

2/14/2012 . Edited 2/14/2012 #15
darkaccalia520

Sorry...i'ma little behind...just discovered this. Congratulations to everyone! I'm so proud of us all. We should do this every month. :P

2/14/2012 #16
Rosawyn

We should do this every month.

lol! As fun as that would be...I'm sure it would probably end up being way too much work for the mods! I think they were planning on doing it every year. :)

2/15/2012 #17
Desktop Warrior

OFFICIAL MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey, all! First off, congrats to the winners of this year's Reviewathon! Your hard work is greatly appreciated and goes a long way toward promoting an active participation by the audience in the writing process. As stated above, participants in Levels 3-5 will receive reviews on a story of their choice. Level 3 participants will get one review from one mod, while Levels 4 and 5 will get one review from three mods. I will be reviewing for the participants in Level 3, if that's okay, and I will also be one of the reviewers for those in Levels 4 and 5. Please let us know which story you'd like reviewed in this thread, and ask a mod if you have any questions.

Finally, all of you rock for participating in the Reviewathon~

2/18/2012 #18
Emily Mae

*squee!* I would like reviews for The Ember History, please!

2/18/2012 #19
Madam'zelleG

Reviews on my current WIP The Ghost Map (Sherlock Holmes fandom) would be most appreciated. But if you aren't familiar with the fandom, reviews for Demons (Doctor Who) are also welcomed. ( :

And you mods also rock for putting this together for us!

2/18/2012 . Edited 2/18/2012 #20
darkaccalia520

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7474570/1/Slipping_Through_My_Fingers for me please. Thank you! :)

2/18/2012 #21
Rosawyn

I would love reviews for No Bars Between Us (Avatar: the Last Airbender), but if you're not familiar with the show, I'd also love reviews for Easier (Buffy), or anything with 5 of less reviews I guess...I'm not really picky.

2/18/2012 #22
Esther Huffleclaw

I'd like a review on Molly's Surprise please and thank you. :)

2/18/2012 #23
Inkfire

I'd love a review for either Dustland Fairytale or Sentimental Hearts - as both are technically two parts of the same fic, but can more or less stand alone ;)

2/19/2012 #24
ShadedRogue

I'd like a review for Burning Bridges.

2/19/2012 #25
Desktop Warrior

-claps hands together- Attention, les gagnant(e)s! (Attention, winners!) My reviews for you will be in by February 23, 11:59 P.M. (-0800 GMT, AKA "forum time") at the latest.

2/21/2012 #26
Wendy Brune

I will also be turning in my reviews by this time! Wheee!

For those curious, I shall be reviewing Azzie, Rosa, and Giry! =D

Additionally: Emily, please PM me with what type of story you might be interested in so we can discuss what I need to write you! That goes for all winners and their respective mod choices!

2/21/2012 #27
The Reviews Lounge Too

Working on my reviews right now for Emily, Rosa, and Darkin! :)

eta: lol sorry this is EHWIES and I just left Rosa a review under the RLt account by accident. WHOOPS. I'm not familiar with Buffy or Avatar, so I read one of your HP one-shots instead, if that's all right!

2/21/2012 . Edited by Luna Rapunzel, 2/21/2012 #28
Luna Rapunzel

ALSO, just to make sure all the relevant people know, here's how it all worked out for the fic requests:

Azzie & me

Emily & Wendy

Rosa & Cass

Giry & Time

2/21/2012 #29
Rosawyn

Rosa & Cass

Cool! :D

2/21/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleG, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member