The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Wendy Brune

I think Lala proposed this a while ago, and I (in a very silly state of mind) blew it off. It's a good idea, nonetheless.

Use this thread for any announcements you might have - whether you're going to be leaving us for a while (tear!) or have a new addition to the family. (Or got accepted into college. Or finally published a book. The possibilities are rather endless.)

Note that this thread is for any and everyone, not just the mods. Forum-related announcements, however, will still appear in the Noticeboard.

2/17/2012 . Edited 11/27/2013 #1
dancingqueensillystring

Yay for being the first one to use this!

I'm back now and I'm available to temp!mod or whatever again, although I probably still won't be on a ton.

2/19/2012 #2
McJunker

Huh.

My unit's deploying me soon.

Writing opportunities- reduced.

Story ideas- imminent.

State- nervous and excited

2/19/2012 #3
Wendy Brune

Where to, if I can ask?

Stay safe!

2/19/2012 #4
McJunker

Afghanistan. Not sure as to specific area.

2/19/2012 #5
Wendy Brune

Are you from America? I thought we took troops out of the Middle East?

This just goes to show how unknowledgeable I am on important things.

2/19/2012 #6
Desktop Warrior

Gonna have to be a geography nerd and point out that Afghanistan is in Central Asia, not the Middle East. Well...kinda sorta in Central Asia. And no, the U.S. only withdrew from Iraq. Its presence in Afghanistan is actually growing significantly.

I know we haven't gotten a chance to talk, McJunker, but stay safe. Hope you get deployed somewhere quiet and not in Qandahar or some such place. We'll be waiting for you when you're back home.

2/19/2012 #7
Wendy Brune

Gonna have to be a geography nerd and point out that Afghanistan is in Central Asia, not the Middle East. Well...kinda sorta in Central Asia. And no, the U.S. only withdrew from Iraq. Its presence in Afghanistan is actually growing significantly.

Yes yes, thank you.

2/19/2012 #8
McJunker

Eh. It's Middle Easternish. Next door to it, in any case.

The way I hear it, over the next couple years the army's going to be pulling the regular units out and relying more on Afghan local forces and the Special ops guys. But until then, it's grab your body armor and kevlar and enjoy rucking up those mountains.

If you want a good time, go watch Restrepo on Netflix. I watched before I joined and after, and it was significantly more awesome the second time through.

2/19/2012 #9
Madam'zelleGiry

Definately stay safe, McJunker. We'll miss you and we'll be right here waiting for you when you get back!

2/20/2012 #10
Rosawyn

I hAs an announcement now too! ^_^

I was just informed that my HP fic, "Forgiveness," has been shortlisted for The Merlin Awards for Harry Potter Fanfiction in the category of Best One-Shot. It is one of the three nominations for that category. Even if I don't win, it's still a huge complement that my fic got picked for the shortlist. :)

2/23/2012 #11
darkaccalia520

Awesome! Congrats, Rosa. :)

2/23/2012 #12
Emily Mae

Good for you, Rosa!

2/23/2012 #13
Inkfire

Congratulations, Rosa! =D

By the way, the forum is also represented by Amy, who's running for Best One-Shot. I will also be running, though I didn't have to make it through any shortlisting - author categories didn't require that =P sort of feels like cheating, but oh well.

GO RLt PEOPLEEEEEEE!

2/24/2012 #14
Wendy Brune

Yay for RLt members being awesome!

2/24/2012 #15
Inkfire

Going on a little hiatus as I'll be busy with various stuff. Bye people!

2/27/2012 #16
ShadedRogue

D8 Azzie! As I mod I forbid this! FORBIDDEN! HOW DARE YOU BE BUSY! THE RLT IS YOUR LIIIIIIIIIFE!

(jk, ILY, COME BACK SOON!)

2/27/2012 #17
Wendy Brune

I miss you already, lovely girl! ♥

2/27/2012 #18
Madam'zelleGiry

*sniff* Bye Azzie! Hurry back, love! We miss youu!!

2/27/2012 #19
Esther Huffleclaw

I am participating in a blogfest right now called the Writer's Platform Building Campaign: http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/. Every couple of weeks, there's a challenge and if you enter a story or poem, you are judged and the winners get prizes. My poem Nightfall (http://esther-ijustlivehere.blogspot.com/2012/02/nightfall.html) is a winner in the first challenge!

3/5/2012 . Edited 3/5/2012 #20
Rosawyn

My poem Nightfall (http://esther-ijustlivehere.blogspot.com/2012/02/nightfall.html) is a winner in the first challenge!

Huge congrats, Esther! That poem is awesome, and I love how you just wrote it in trochaic tetrameter, because I don't even know what that means! :P (Well, I sort of have a vague idea!) This is why people need to read more of your writing. It's all educational and stuff.

3/6/2012 #21
Inkfire

Congratulations, Esther! =)

3/6/2012 #22
Wendy Brune

Yay! Congratulations!

3/6/2012 #23
Esther Huffleclaw

Thank you. :D

3/6/2012 #24
Relala

I think Lala proposed this a while ago, and I (in a very silly state of mind) blew it off. It's a good idea, nonetheless.

Indeed, I proposed this and you just turned your pretty beak up at me and chirped. D: Very painful for my heart. lol. Anyway, I came here to tell you I might be scarce around her for the next three months (March/April/May) due to the fact that I sit my Dips in June and have two courses to finish before I do so. I'll still be around though, so if someone wants to toss me a PM or recommend a story to me for the archive *puffs out chest proudly* I'll still reply/respond.

3/6/2012 #25
SiriuslyPeeved

We will miss you Lala! Good luck!

Congrats Esther!! I'll have to check it out!

3/7/2012 #26
Wendy Brune

Good luck, Lala!

3/7/2012 #27
McJunker

Woo! I got a story listed on the reviews lounge, too C2!

3/9/2012 #28
SiriuslyPeeved

Congratulations McJunker!! I'll be sure to check it out!

3/9/2012 #29
Runsoirse

Woo! I got a story listed on the reviews lounge, too C2!

Awesome! :D I would have added your "Jeong Jeong at My Lai" (because it is freaking awesome), but it's rated M, and we're not allowed to add M rated stories. :/

edit: And when I say "I would have added," I do mean as "Rosawyn," because I can't add anything on *this* account. lol

3/9/2012 . Edited 3/9/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune GeorgyannWayson, Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member