The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Wendy Brune

Speaking of a new blog post...

http://cmclueless.blogspot.com/2012/03/julep-maven-unboxing-promo-codes.html

3/25/2012 #61
EHWIES

WENDY YOU ARE BACK TO YOUR DANCE AVATAR INSTEAD OF YOUR CARTOON ONE. I LIKE BOTH BUT THE CHANGE IS SLIGHTLY JARRING.

/non!announcement

3/25/2012 #62
E.C. Scrubb

It's been a while since I've been around here - got too swept up in a fic that has gone from its planned 60-80 thousand words and 12-18 chapter, to what looks now to be about 300,000 words and 30 chapters.

- Announcement about self - finalist for Merlin Awards on Ron/Hermione relationship (Ron's Hermione Poems).

- Probably moving to the southwest US. Anyone there has any advice... I'm all ears.

- Came out of the Fanfic author closet to my wife the other day and let her read my current story. She was ticked off at me for a couple days because the story made her cry. The good news - she's now going to beta the rest of the story, and she is a EXCELLENT proofreader.

3/25/2012 #63
SimonSeville27

Hi! We've never met, but welcome back nonetheless!

- Announcement about self - finalist for Merlin Awards on Ron/Hermione relationship (Ron's Hermione Poems).

Congratulations!

- Probably moving to the southwest US. Anyone there has any advice... I'm all ears.

I lived in Southern Nevada (Las Vegas specifically) for 19 years so feel free to ask me if you have any questions (of course it depends on where you're moving... Las Vegas and New Mexico are two completely different deals XD)

- Came out of the Fanfic author closet to my wife the other day and let her read my current story. She was ticked off at me for a couple days because the story made her cry. The good news - she's now going to beta the rest of the story, and she is a EXCELLENT proofreader.

Haha... I write in the tragedy genre so I know how it is to have people get mad at you over making them cry :D

3/25/2012 . Edited 3/25/2012 #64
SiriuslyPeeved

Hey ec, we must have missed each others' stints on the RLt previously; welcome back :)I am so happy for you regarding letting your wife know about your fanfic and finding that she is not only supportive but a great beta. :). My husband betas for me on occasion; he's a great editor and free of fanfic assumptions so it's great to have a diverse perspective. He is more of a gamer than a fanfic person. I am presently editing Unwritten into an ePub file so he can read the whole thing ;)

3/27/2012 #65
Shuna

On Saturday I'm going to Spain and will stay there for a week. Might be on from Time, depending on internet acsess or whatnot.

3/29/2012 . Edited 3/29/2012 #66
SiriuslyPeeved

On Saturday I'm going to Spain and will stay there for a week. Might be on from Time, depending on internet acsess or whatnot.

I hope you have a fun and safe trip! :) It's too bad there is probably no room in your suitcase for a SiriuslyPeeved who speaks a little very rusty Spanish ;) (I think my passport is expired anyway -- rats!)

I just got promoted to Admin at my favorite Harry Potter / writing site, The Golden Snitches. I'm kind of floored that they wanted me. Anyway, I may be a little more there, and a little less here, thanks to newly expanded responsibilities, but I won't be a stranger.

3/29/2012 #67
EHWIES

Ahhhhhh Shuna that's so exciting!! Have a good time. :D

Congrats, SP--I'm sure you'll be brilliant there! Remind me to check out the site sometime.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry that I suck and am never around and am quite possibly the worst mod ever. School is going to be mercilessly attacking me for the next month or so (and as soon as finals are done I'm spending two weeks in Paris so I won't be on at /all/), and plus I'm fooling around with bipolar medications right now and they've started affecting me over the last couple days so I'm not having crazy mood swings anymore but my system is still a little weird and it's just sort of changed from crazy mood swings to constant depression, and the whole thing is just really stressful and sad and I do this super cool thing where when I get stressed and sad I avoid happy people like you lovely lot and spend a lot of time making angsty Tumblr posts and crying. So those are my lame excuses for not posting at all over the last couple weeks. mrk. I'm sorry I suck at my job so much and hopefully I'll start coming around more when things get a little less... like this. ily guys

3/29/2012 #68
Emily Mae

WE LOVE YOU E!

3/29/2012 #69
Wendy Brune

Have fun in Spain!

Congrats, SP!

E, I love you so much. ♥ You're gonna come visit me, kay.

3/29/2012 #70
SiriuslyPeeved
Major major love to the E. ((((love)))). PM me any time sweetie.
3/30/2012 #71
Emily Mae

ANNOUNCEMENT: Me and E are having an adorable party. Because we're adorable. Kbye.

3/30/2012 #72
ToManyLetters

Super-duper Awesomesauce!

So, after talking with a few people that seemed at least marginally interested in the prospect, I've decided that I'm going to give a shot at teaching a practical linguistics course.

The first "trial" class will be this Sunday at 4 PM PDT.

We're going to be utilising Skype and Google Docs to host this class, so come prepared. I highly recommend that you have a mic as it will ease your participation in the class, but a mic is not required. I will, however, be using one.

It's going to be a BLAST!

Please PM me if you are interested in attending so that I can gauge interest and ensure that I prepare content adequate for the class. Expect the class to run 45min-1hr.

--

TL;DR:

Fun Language Class Sunday at 4 PDT taught by me on Skype.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #73
SimonSeville27

Hey everybody!

So a couple of things are going on that might cause me to be here a little less than usual. First off, I just was promoted to global moderator on a fairly large Alvin and the Chipmunks forum, so I'll need to hang around there a little more than I used to so I can fulfill my mod!obligations. But that forum is less active later at night which is when I am usually here, so it shouldn't impact me too much. Also, I've entered final exam month in law school which has a crippling effect on my free-time, so until May-ish, my activity will be irregular to say the least.

4/6/2012 #74
Desktop Warrior

Good luck with all that, Simon! Congrats on your modship, and hope you ace all those exams~

4/6/2012 #75
Rosawyn

Good luck with all that, Simon! Congrats on your modship, and hope you ace all those exams~

^

4/6/2012 #76
Madam'zelleGiry

Good luck, Simon!

Joining the parade of college students prepping for exams. My existence on this forum will most likely be sporadic at best until mid-May. I'll still be around a bit though. If you need to get ahold of me, I'm only a PM away!

4/6/2012 #77
SimonSeville27

Thanks everybody! And of course I'm also just a PM away! Although given the frequency of FFN not sending alerts out recently, that may be harder than it sounds...

4/6/2012 #78
SiriuslyPeeved

Congratulations Simon, on your mod promotion! I'm sure you will keep those chipmunks behaving themselves! ;)

To all our student friends gearing up for exams, best of luck to you, see you when you get back to the RLT and hopefully in one piece with your sanity intact! And don't forget to do a primal scream if you need to blow off steam. Just stick your head out the window and yell! (unless it's quiet reading days, in which case, a pillow is nice!)

4/6/2012 #79
Wendy Brune

-waves pompoms- Yay, Simon!

I'll also be in and out for exams, but that's nothing new!

4/6/2012 #80
Madam'zelleGiry

Although given the frequency of FFN not sending alerts out recently, that may be harder than it sounds...

^ / :

4/6/2012 #81
SiriuslyPeeved

I will be off much of the next week (till approx. April 22) due to fun family activities :). I can be reached by PM if anyone needs anything but I won't be available for betas until the end of next week. What is up with unintentional boldface? Stupid phone lol.

Be good everyone /stern SP the mom frown

Hehe

4/13/2012 #82
Rosawyn

I'll miss you, Siri! Have lots of fun with your family! :)

So now I have an announcement, and it's not important or anything, but I'm sort of excited about it. My brother (well, one of them anyway) often participates in the Movie Poster Mashups at empireonline.com. The current theme is "The Avengers And Beyond" (http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3382725&mpage=1&key=) because of the Avengers movie that's coming out soon (some of the other mashups in that thread are pretty funny, too). Anyway, I suggested the idea for this one: http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/upfiles/buffer/4F28B87775BE4E70AFC8C0178996CCF3.jpg and he made it. :) He's pretty good with photoshop, and it took him like 20 mins to make. But I think it's pretty cool. ^_^

tl;dr?

Movie Poster Mashup made by my brother using my idea: http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/upfiles/buffer/4F28B87775BE4E70AFC8C0178996CCF3.jpg

4/14/2012 #83
Wendy Brune

Miss you, Siri!

And that's so cool, Rosa! Yay for your brother (and your great idea!)

4/14/2012 #84
Kieran-Prince

Due to a project and exams, I won't be on for the last two weeks of April (which includes this week) as well as much of May. I'll see you guys probably around June. :D

4/15/2012 #85
dancingqueensillystring

Although I never announced an official hiatus and I have been lurking while I was gone, my unofficial hiatus is over now and I should be back a lot (like an obsessive, omg I missed you guys a lot).

So, yeah...I'm back.

4/15/2012 #86
darkin520

For the next two weeks, I won't be around much at all since my mother-in-law will be visiting. I will try to play my morning review tag, as usual, but I probably won't be in randomness much if at all. I just thought I'd let you know. Of course, you can always PM me if you need something. Thank you. :)

4/16/2012 #87
SiriuslyPeeved

Missing you Darkin! *waves*

4/25/2012 #88
darkin520

I miss you too, Siri. :) And everyone else. I'll be back on Monday. :) I'm just on for a short time at the moment. -hugs-

4/25/2012 #89
darkin520

I miss you too, Siri. :) And everyone else. I'll be back on Monday. :) I'm just on for a short time at the moment. -hugs-

4/25/2012 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member