The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Desktop Warrior - Deactivated

Lots of flames from people that love them, and tons of lurv from those that just don't get it.

Exactly.

CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF MARY SUES VANQUISHING ENEMIES WITH THREESOME-INDUCED PATRONUSES.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #301

You're being a jerk. Your jerkiness offends me so. There are going to be consequences. They're strict ones, too. Their victims hate them.

UR FUNNY I LAIK U.

/obliterated

4/4/2012 #302
ToManyLetters

They're strict ones, too. Their victims hate them.

Yeah, but before too long, "their fish" becomes "they're fish!"

The sad thing is, that, pronounced correctly, "their"/"there" and "they're" aren't actually even homophones.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #303
Wendy Brune

Yeah, but before too long, "their fish" becomes "they're fish!"

-brain explodes-

4/4/2012 #304
Rosawyn

ROSA! We're talking about awful Mary Sue HP characters.

*feel so bad for not reading the backlog...will get to it eventually* Oh! Mary Sues! :D Such fun. XD In any fandom, really.

In Supernatural, Sam and Dean somehow have about a million long-lost sisters we've never heard of before, but hey, they've been there this whole time, you know? :P Game of Thrones has more young beautiful women at The Wall than cold, desperate men. XD Oh Mary Sue, what would any fandom do without you?

4/4/2012 #305

The sad thing is, that, pronounced correctly, "their"/"there" and "they're" aren't actually even homophones.

Is it sad that I've never noticed the difference? I mean, I pronounce "your" and "you're" differently when speaking slowly, but that's about it.

4/4/2012 #306
ToManyLetters

Game of Thrones has more young beautiful women at The Wall than cold, desperate men. XD Oh Mary Sue, what would any fandom do without you?

And in the Owlbus Humblebore fandom (of like, maybe two people), anything with legs is practically throwing itself at Terry, desperate for a good shag.

4/4/2012 #307

In Supernatural, Sam and Dean somehow have about a million long-lost sisters we've never heard of before, but hey, they've been there this whole time, you know?

OH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. What, so the fact that {SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER} isn't enough to work with? I mean, I know {SPOILER SPOILER}, but still. People. THERE IS MATERIAL TO WORK WITH. DON'T MAKE UP STUPID SHAZ.

:P Game of Thrones has more young beautiful women at The Wall than cold, desperate men. XD Oh Mary Sue, what would any fandom do without you?

-snort- Idon'teven. PEOPLE. JON/SAM. WHY IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH!? XD

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #308
ToManyLetters

Is it sad that I've never noticed the difference?

No, not really. Many people don't.

Just like people don't realise that the sound represented by "w" (in English) is actually a vowel.

I mean, I pronounce "your" and "you're" differently when speaking slowly, but that's about it.

As do I.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #309
Wendy Brune

Can a parody of a fandom have a fandom? XDD

4/4/2012 #310
Luna Rapunzel

AHH I JUST GOT TO THE POINT IN FRENCH NEWS WITH THE KILLINGS THAT IS SO SAD AND SICKENING WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. :/

4/4/2012 #311
songstar13

I mean, I pronounce "your" and "you're" differently when speaking slowly, but that's about it.

...I pronounce "your" more like "yer", while "you're" is like 'yore', but I'm not sure about the their/there/they're thing. Enlighten me?

4/4/2012 #312
Wendy Brune

AHH I JUST GOT TO THE POINT IN FRENCH NEWS WITH THE KILLINGS THAT IS SO SAD AND SICKENING WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. :/

Do not like.

I've just gotten to the sex bit of my story and now I can't do it. -le sigh-

4/4/2012 #313

Just like people don't realise that the sound represented by "w" is actually a vowel.

...in Welsh, yes. Not in English as it is today.

/wants to learn Welsh. IGNORE ME.

As do I.

-highfives-

Yes. Yes, it can.

-hugs E- Stupidity, extremism, and misinterpretation. And that's just the condensed version.

4/4/2012 #314
ToManyLetters

...I pronounce "your" more like "yer", while "you're" is like 'yore', but I'm not sure about the their/there/they're thing. Enlighten me?

For me:

Your: ior

You're: iur

--

There/Their: ðeə

They're: ðeiə

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #315

^OMGYES. SOMEONE DOES THE SAME THING AS I DO.

Wish I could help, but alas. You probably need to ask someone who actually has experience in that regard.

4/4/2012 #316
Rosawyn

And in the Owlbus Humblebore fandom (of like, maybe two people), anything with legs is practically throwing itself at Terry, desperate for a good shag.

Isn't that how it was in Harry Potter anyway? XD

What, so the fact that {SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER} isn't enough to work with? I mean, I know {SPOILER SPOILER}, but still.

...I actually pretty much have no idea what you are talking about. But that's probably a good thing. At least for the Game of Thrones thing. I don't think it's possible for me to be spoiled for Supernatural.

THERE IS MATERIAL TO WORK WITH. DON'T MAKE UP STUPID SHAZ.

lol Yes. Yes times infinity.

Of course!

4/4/2012 #317
ToManyLetters

Isn't that how it was in Harry Potter anyway? XD

Not really, but I think in the real world, someone with such a status would probably get a lot more offers, if you know what I mean. That said, Owlbus Humblebore is meant to mock the crappy fanon of Harry getting any and every girl whenever and however he wants.

4/4/2012 #318

For me:

Your: ior

You're: iur

--

That sounds like a very Texan way of pronouncing things, haha.

...I actually pretty much have no idea what you are talking about. But that's probably a good thing. At least for the Game of Thrones thing. I don't think it's possible for me to be spoiled for Supernatural.

PM-ing you in a bit, Rosa~

4/4/2012 #319
Rosawyn

Do you mean a story you're writing?

You probably need to ask someone who actually has experience in that regard.

lol ...I, uh, do. But I'm not sure how much details I'd want to get into on a public forum....

4/4/2012 #320
songstar13

Is this english? xD /excuse my ignorance

4/4/2012 #321
ToManyLetters

..in Welsh, yes. Not in English as it is today.

In English, actually. It is always a vowel. It forms diphthongs with the other vowels, in fact.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #322
Wendy Brune

Yes.

4/4/2012 #323

lol ...I, uh, do. But I'm not sure how much details I'd want to get into on a public forum....

PM is a beautiful function. XD

It's TML's pronunciation-based system for writing English.

4/4/2012 #324
songstar13

dipthongs

Oh, now you're just making stuff up. This cannot possibly be a real word. /shot

4/4/2012 #325
ToManyLetters

Yes, actually. Edh (ð) is a letter from Old English that represents the DH/TH sound like in this. Schwa (ə) is a letter from the IPA used to represent the sound most commonly found at the end of American English "er" words like "beginner".

4/4/2012 #326
ToManyLetters

Enjoy.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #327

In English, actually. It is always a vowel. It forms dipthongs with the other vowels, in fact.

-shrugs- I don't know, I've never used it as anything but a consonant. I guess I can sort of see how it works. -tries pronouncing syllables with 'w' in them-

It is very much a real word. -not kidding-

4/4/2012 #328

Yes, actually. Edh (ð) is a letter from Old English that represents the DH/TH sound like in this. Schwa (ə) is a letter from the IPA used to represent the sound most commonly found at the end of American English "er" words like "beginner".

Two of the most beautiful letters ever created, and we don't even use them. For shame.

4/4/2012 #329
Rosawyn

Yes.

Ah, well. The closest I've ever gotten to writing an actual sex scene is in my fic "Whom My Soul Loves" (posted on my other account). I've gotten so many positive reviews on that one, but it seems no one realized the characters were actually supposed to be having sex, and everyone told me the story should have only been rated T. So maybe I'm not the best person to ask. XD

4/4/2012 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune Luna Rapunzel, GeorgyannWayson, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member