The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
EHWIES

CARRY ON

5/28/2012 #1
darkin520

Yes, we're back in action. Woo!

5/29/2012 #2
tangled sentence

Third the Golden Bird.

(YOSH. I am so awesome.)

5/29/2012 . Edited 5/29/2012 #3
darkin520

Lala...is that you?

Another new name?

5/29/2012 #4
The Death Frisbee

AND KEEP CALM.

5/29/2012 #5
tangled sentence

Yes. This is Lala. I tried to make a Tumblr with my penname but someone had taken "Asphodel Meadows" so I shorted it to "Asphodel-dows." XD

5/29/2012 . Edited 5/29/2012 #6
darkin520

Yes. This is Lala. I tried to make a Tumblr with my penname but someone had taken "Asphodel Meadows" so I shorted it to "Ashodel-dows." XD

Ooooo, I love it. :) So, do I call you Meadows now? Or maybe Lala Meadows? Or I might just go back to darkling's Lala monster. :P

Anyway, how are you, darling. I've missed you. Are you OK?

5/29/2012 #7
tangled sentence

Meadows works! It also sounds very pretty. _

I'm trying to wrap up my last Social module. It's stressing me out. How are you?

5/29/2012 #8
darkin520

I'm trying to wrap up my last Social module. It's stressing me out. How are you?

OK...you are now Meadows. It's very pretty. I approve. 'Course, I wouldn't have known it was you if not for your avvie. Phew.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed; I hope it goes well enough. Funny, I was thinking about you earlier. I was thinking your birthday was coming up soon and that I needed to remember to PM you that day. :)

Anyway, I've fine. I am getting ready to write. RL is fine too...the kids get out of school on Friday. Then, I'll be busy, busy, busy. I'll still come by and chat occasionally though.

5/29/2012 #9
Asase
Hello new thread!
5/29/2012 #10
lilgenious

Look at that it is evening, inspections are over. I am currently resting on a picnic table we have nabbed from Juliet Company. It was an *epic* battle. Complete with causing intimidation by having our experienced pipers and drummers march towards them and playing instruments... oh and a few distractions as we took the table and ran... slowly. It was actually really, really fun!

Dear Professor McGonagall,

Why do you have to be so flacking difficult to write into a story?

Sincerely,

Annoyed Writer.

PS: Can you work with me on this one and stop giving me your infamous stern gazes everytime I try to write you into the said story?

5/29/2012 #11
darkin520

Hello new thread!

Guess it pays to PM every mod. :P

5/29/2012 #12
lilgenious

DARKIN!

5/29/2012 #13
SiriuslyPeeved

Lala / Meadows! My RLt daughter! Glad you appeared! :)

Thanks for the pm Darkin :). PuTting Mini Me on his school bus, and then going to run before it rains.

Twas a pleasure closing out lucky 13 with you all ((huggles to all)). I shall return after my run...

5/29/2012 . Edited 5/29/2012 #14
darkin520

DARKIN!

LIL! :)

5/29/2012 #15
The Death Frisbee

Can you work with me on this one and stop giving me your infamous stern gazes everytime I try to write you into the said story?

Lil: At least you didn't choose a fandom with a main character whose social modus operandi is "How best can I needle everyone until they give up and storm out, regardless of any social cues they might give me to STFU, and assuming they don't appreciate my staggering genius?" ;)

Darkin: PM every mod. You know what you doing. For great justice! [sic] From here:

http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/

5/29/2012 . Edited 5/29/2012 #16
darkin520

Bye, Siri...have fun on your run. TTYLXOX. :)

5/29/2012 #17
darkin520

Can you work with me on this one and stop giving me your infamous stern gazes everytime I try to write you into the said story?

Exactly what is your trouble with her? I might be able to help slightly. She's one of my favorites.

5/29/2012 #18
darkin520

http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/

Do I dare a triple post?

I do, I do.

That is very funny, Kate. For justice! XP

5/29/2012 #19
lilgenious

Hahaha! T... what can I call you?

It's just that, I need to write out a story for a challenge and Minerva has been giving me an extremely hard time. I have break this evening, so that means no duty until 1.00 in the morning when everybody is sleeping. I thought that I'd take the time to rewrite my chapters for Achilles Heel... Truthie gave me a very great critique for the prologue (or I think it was Truthie)... I am also extremely unhappy with my first offical chapter. I am going to keep the suspense alive but I don't like it how I portrayed Richelieu like such an evil man. Then I thought, well we have the laptop for this evening- why don't I get started on my Minerva McGonagall story instead? It would work if the character wasn't giving me such a hard time!

But yes, you are a genius ;-)

Darkin, how are you?

5/29/2012 #20
CF Vici

No, I did not get lost, although I don't quite understand the point of creating a new thread WAY ahead of time (it was here yesterday) but locking it. But I guess that is yet another mystery of the universe I am destined not to understand in this existence.

Also, being random. Mystery.

5/29/2012 #21
The Death Frisbee

Do I dare to eat a peach?

I think it's funny too. Ancient but still amusing! Kind of like Mel Brooks in that way. ;)

5/29/2012 #22
tangled sentence

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed; I hope it goes well enough. Funny, I was thinking about you earlier. I was thinking your birthday was coming up soon and that I needed to remember to PM you that day. :)

Thanks! I have just one more Social module, the final, and the final for my ELA course and that covers all my AVP exams! Also, you're so sweet. Thanks for thinking about me! It means a lot.

Anyway, I've fine. I am getting ready to write. RL is fine too...the kids get out of school on Friday. Then, I'll be busy, busy, busy. I'll still come by and chat occasionally though.

Best of luck in your writing endeavours! Are any of you doing Camp NaNoWriMo? I think I'll try. How come the kiddies get out so early?

5/29/2012 #23
tangled sentence

SIRIUSP! HELLO! *GLOMPS*

5/29/2012 #24
darkin520

Then I thought, well we have the laptop for this evening- why don't I get started on my Minerva McGonagall story instead? It would work if the character wasn't giving me such a hard time!

Ah, I see. Well, if I'm writing a character I'm having trouble with, this is what I do. Read other stories. Read or watch the show, movie, or book the character is from. This helps with the inspiration. That's just some general help, but it might work. If you want some specific examples, I can send you over to a story or two if you need.

Darkin, how are you?

I am well, thank you. Going to write today, so that must be a good day. RL is going well too. How are you, darling?

5/29/2012 #25
Asase
I feel the same way about Batman Lil. Always with the batglare. I feel that I may be writting him out of character when I give him lighter Bruce Wayne moments.
5/29/2012 #26
The Death Frisbee

No, not me. I'm just a trivia nerd. :) And you can call me Kate!

The genius I'm referring to, the main character in the fandom, is obviously Sherlock Holmes (updated version), who's difficult as hell to write a normal conversation for because it's either "What. Go away." or "Here is a long, convoluted explanation, endless talking, verbiage, but I'm not paying attention to anything you're saying unless it's applicable." I guess McGonagall is the same way too.

To that end:

It's just that, I need to write out a story for a challenge and Minerva has been giving me an extremely hard time. I have break this evening, so that means no duty until 1.00 in the morning when everybody is sleeping. I thought that I'd take the time to rewrite my chapters for Achilles Heel... Truthie gave me a very great critique for the prologue (or I think it was Truthie)... I am also extremely unhappy with my first offical chapter. I am going to keep the suspense alive but I don't like it how I portrayed Richelieu like such an evil man. Then I thought, well we have the laptop for this evening- why don't I get started on my Minerva McGonagall story instead? It would work if the character wasn't giving me such a hard time!

If McGonagall is a socially awkward character like that, what I've found helpful is to place the character into a situation where he or she has to talk normally and has no excuse to either sling a lot of BS or stalk off after one word. What, if anything, makes McGonagall emotional? What makes her weaker? I don't mean 'Write a fluffy romance between her and Professor Whatever,' but just break down her defenses slightly so that you aren't hitting a wall. Is she afraid of snakes? Have her discover a snake while gardening and have to ask for help. Does she hate tomatoes? Surprise; she has a gift of homemade tomato sauce from someone she really cares for, and has to fake appreciating it -- but then maybe she discovers she really likes it and can't bring herself to admit that. Et cetera.

5/29/2012 . Edited 5/29/2012 #27
darkin520

How come the kiddies get out so early?

The snow storms hit on the weekends this year. There were absolutely no snow days at all. I guess that's just the luck of the draw. My youngest actually gets out Wednesday. Oldest gets out Friday. It's no biggie. I'll just be spending my days outside trying to catch frogs and butterflies instead of writing. But, it's only three months. And, they're only this age for a short Time!

5/29/2012 #28
Wendy Brune

Oh hi, new randomness.

Y'ALL DIDN'T EVEN SPAM TO THE END. There was real conversation. Crazy!

5/29/2012 #29
darkin520

No, I did not get lost, although I don't quite understand the point of creating a new thread WAY ahead of time (it was here yesterday) but locking it. But I guess that is yet another mystery of the universe I am destined not to understand in this existence.

Each mod does it differently. Usually, it's the night people closing out the thread, so there's always a mod there. Plus, it normally isn't locked...it's just put there and it's understood that no one is to post until the new thread is closed. But, some mods take the extra precaution.

Also, being random. Mystery.

I think you've left me speechless. ;)

5/29/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member