The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Kitt SummerIsle

Thanks for the invite!

6/6/2012 #91
MalkieriJester

I got an invite, Thankies darkin, penname BrokenPen.

6/7/2012 #92
StormyMonday

I just signed up a few minutes ago. Same pen name as here too.

6/7/2012 #93
Shuna

I have called myself Filhe, and here is my page: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Filhe

6/7/2012 #94
Tune4Toons

I got it. Thanks, Wendy! :D

6/7/2012 . Edited 6/8/2012 #95
Empress Nightshade

Still haven't gotten an invite.

6/9/2012 #96
Mottsnave

I'm not sure if there are any spares at this point, but I'd love to throw my hat in the ring, if so!

Thanks!

6/9/2012 #97
StormyMonday
I will request invitations tomorrow and report back here as soon as I have the specifics.
6/9/2012 #98
darkin520

I requested five more invites the other day, but have not yet received them. Once I do, I'll let you all know when I have them.

6/9/2012 #99
Lilly Valens

I'll request some invites and post back.

6/9/2012 #100
ShadedRogue

I've also requested a few invites. Not sure when I'll receive them.

6/9/2012 #101
StormyMonday

I requested five, but might already have one reserved. If there's a need though I will request more later.

6/10/2012 #102
Rosawyn

IF YOU'VE RECEIVED AN INVITE PLEASE POST HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHO STILL NEEDS ONE.

Heh, I guess it would be good if I actually checked back here from time to time. I now have an AO3 account. So I don't still need an invite.

I have requested some invites from AO3, but they haven't given me any yet. :/

6/11/2012 #103
Aspiring Hobby

IF YOU'VE RECEIVED AN INVITE PLEASE POST HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHO STILL NEEDS ONE.Got one!

Sorry forgot to tell before!

6/12/2012 #104
Madam'zelleGiry

I have two invites for anyone who needs one. If you'd like one PM me with your email address and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

6/12/2012 #105
Mottsnave

I'm in now, and no longer need an invite. Thanks MadameGiry25!

6/12/2012 #106
Madam'zelleGiry

I'm down to one invite but I have requested more.

6/12/2012 #107
StormyMonday

I haven't recieved any yet either, but I will let everyone know when I do.

6/12/2012 #108
Rosawyn

Anyone have any idea how long it's supposed to take from the time you ask for the invites until they actually give them to you?

Just checked, and I still don't have any! :P

6/12/2012 #109
Empress Nightshade

MadameGiry25 gave me an invite. I'm in now.

6/12/2012 #110
JeneyaStorm

Can I have an invite? Xd i'm last.

6/14/2012 #111
Mottsnave

Since I'm a new user, I tried to request some invites, but I just got a message that no new invites are available. I think the site might be overwhelmed right now! I'll keep trying though.

Edited to add: I just found this on the AO3 News page:

"As a result of the increasing demand for the site, we're experiencing a massive increase in requests for invitations: our invitations queue now stands at over 17,000. We know that people are very disappointed at having to wait a long time for an invitation, and we'd love to be able to issue them faster. However, the main reason we have an invitations system for creating accounts is to help manage the growth of the site -- if the 16,000 people currently waiting for an invitation all signed up and started posting works on the same day the site would definitely collapse. So, we're not able to speed up issuing invitations at this time: right now we're continuing to issue 100 invitations to the queue each day, but we'll be monitoring this closely and we may consider temporarily suspending issuing invitations if we need to.

Until recently, we were releasing some invitations to existing users who requested them. However, we've taken the decision to suspend issuing invitations this way for the present, to enable us to better monitor site usage. We know that this will be a disappointment to many users who want to be able to invite friends to the site, but we feel that the fairest and most manageable way to manage account creation at present is via the queue alone."

It sounds like those who have requested invitations may be waiting for a while. I think they are in the process of buying new servers, so they may be able to increase capacity soon. I hope so!

6/14/2012 . Edited 6/14/2012 #112
Wendy Brune

I still have eleven invites, though I'll warn people that I'm probably going to ration them out to people who actually post in other threads, not just this one. XD

Thanks, Mottsnave, for the heads up! Haven't seen you in a while!

6/14/2012 #113
StormyMonday
Not sure if there are people still in need of invitations, but it's been over a week and I haven't received the five I requested (Would have requested more but I had a feeling this massive backlog was already in progress.) Anyway, if/when I get them I'll have four free, and I'll post here.
6/19/2012 #114
Lilly Valens

I've not received any of the invites that I requested either.

6/19/2012 #115
StormyMonday

Ok, I'm reading this on AO3's website right now concerning member requested invitations:

I have an account - can I get an invitation to give to a friend?

We normally allow existing users to request invitation codes to give to friends, but because of the very high demand we've had to stop issuing invitation requests for now. We'll reenable this option when we have the performance issues under control - we're sorry to have to disappoint you right now.

http://archiveofourown.org/admin_posts/226

6/22/2012 . Edited 6/22/2012 #116
Rosawyn

We'll reenable this option when we have the performance issues under control

Just wish we had some idea how long that might take. :/

6/22/2012 #117
StormyMonday

I'm sure they probably know as much as we do at this point. But I am thrilled they actually seem to care about their members. It's refreshing.

6/22/2012 #118
Rosawyn

But I am thrilled they actually seem to care about their members. It's refreshing.

haha Yes. This is so true.

6/22/2012 #119
projectoverlord

I'm not sure if they're issuing codes again yet, but if they are can I please have one? I'd love to branch over to AO3 and backup my stories there.

6/27/2012 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member