The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Rosawyn
Greetings brother! I am sorry to hear about the sun's wrath on your skin!

lol I'd respond in character, but I'm just too sleepy right now.

(My sister didn't get elected as president today. This kid who was screaming at her and playing unfair won because he handed out donuts. He's also never attended a student government meeting. I've never wanted to wish ill on anyone but the things he has done to my sister... :/ Okay, done venting)

Wow, that sucks. Maybe the morons who voted for him will figure out what a mistake they've made once he screws everything up? Or maybe they won't notice. It's not like I ever noticed much of what the student council was doing in all the years I was at secondary school. Unless there was an election, that is.

Aw, don't go Rosa. Well, if you must, try to get some good rest! :P

I said "soon" didn't I? I still need to reply to your other PM...

9/4/2012 #11,221
Dominus Tenebrosus
(My sister didn't get elected as president today. This kid who was screaming at her and playing unfair won because he handed out donuts. He's also never attended a student government meeting. I've never wanted to wish ill on anyone but the things he has done to my sister... :/ Okay, done venting)

Screw the rules, I have donuts? Either way, sheesh. :/ ...That said, I have to point out how good an analog of the American government that is.

And greetings Ten. I was not leaving you out!!! Hope your day has gone well!

My day has gone. More than that, I cannot comment. :P Were that your day had gone better. :/

9/4/2012 #11,222
Rosawyn
My day has gone.

"Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. Every day from here to there, funny things are everywhere."

9/4/2012 #11,223
ReadingBlueWolf

I loved the use of cretin in a sentence. That was awesome!

Wow, that sucks. Maybe the morons who voted for him will figure out what a mistake they've made once he screws everything up? Or maybe they won't notice. It's not like I ever noticed much of what the student council was doing in all the years I was at secondary school. Unless there was an election, that is.

People are stupid. She did everything last year. Fundraised, put together dances, put together prom, game nights, any outside activity she took care of. And she's a senior this year. It's horrible. Everything happens for a reason, so if his bike tires are slashed or he doesn't return home it was meant to be. (Feeling a bit evil right now)

That said, I have to point out how good an analog of the American government that is.

Exactly! My mom wants a bummer sticker that says "who gives a $#!t if your democrat or republican. Vote for who's right for the job."

9/4/2012 #11,224
Dominus Tenebrosus
Exactly! My mom wants a bummer sticker that says "who gives a $#!t if your democrat or republican. Vote for who's right for the job."

:P

EDIT: This is, of course, why I always vote for a cheeseburger.

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #11,225
ReadingBlueWolf
This is, of course, why I always vote for a cheeseburger.

It would do a much better job of running the country then what's going on now. And we would all be eating just fine.

Edit:

Not normally political like this. Just in a crabby mood and waiting for the tides to turn since apparently they don't want to when I try.

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #11,226
hgjnvjv fygyf

*bows* Thank you... I'd say he needs a good ink-bomb in the locker gag, and right before his acceptance speech!

Hahaha Domi, I like it! That's what I'm writing on my ballot this year!

9/4/2012 #11,227
The Red Strings

Talked about this in class today, and which led up to the last comment about the cheeseburger. Or some sort of food item. DONUTS!

Additionally, I think I found a new girl crush. Lana Del Rey. I love her. -fangirling-

-Ahem- I disappeared....doing homework, soz.

9/4/2012 #11,228
Rosawyn
My mom wants a bummer sticker that says "who gives a $#!t if your democrat or republican. Vote for who's right for the job."

I am so sick and tired of hearing about that election, and if it were up to me, the USA would be legally barred from holding elections. XD But of course, that wouldn't really work, so how about a compromise I can live with? They can have their silly elections, but they only get two weeks warning about when it's going to happen, so that at least puts a reasonable limit on the whole stupid campaigning crap, and I think maybe I could live with that if it only lasted for two weeks. Also, 24 hours after the final vote tally is official and the winner announced, it becomes illegal to complain publicly about the results, ESPECIALLY on the internet where I'd be most likely to have to see it.

I always vote for a cheeseburger.

I vote for Garak. Elam Garak the Cardassian Tailor and Spy from DS9. He would do a much better job than any real life politician I have seen in my life time in any sort of political office in any country. I guarantee it.

Additionally, I think I found a new girl crush. Lana Del Rey. I love her. -fangirling-

I guess I was never aware that you had an old girl crush. Also, I have no idea who Lana Del Rey is.

9/4/2012 #11,229
hgjnvjv fygyf
Rosa, I totally agree. It's like a sport over here. I'm also unfortunate enough to have a dad who is both interested in the election but doesn't like either of the running mates. All I've been hearing for the past month and up til the election is how bad our exponent is, and how a mormon should never be president, and how horrible the congress is, yadayadayada
9/4/2012 #11,230
ReadingBlueWolf

So... I just took this test and Gender Genie thinks I'm a guy. Apparently it thinks I write like a male. Umm... I clearly have emotions and relationships and feelings in my stories more so then a guy would...

Edit:

All I've been hearing for the past month and up til the election is how bad our exponent is, and how a mormon should never be president, and how horrible the congress is, yadayadayada

I seriously tune out. I'm so tired of getting calls and not being able to see around a corner when I'm turning because of posters. My mom was just trying to point out it wasn't about politics, it was about people who knew what they were doing. We lack this.

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #11,231
Dominus Tenebrosus
I vote for Garak. Elam Garak the Cardassian Tailor and Spy from DS9. He would do a much better job than any real life politician I have seen in my life time in any sort of political office in any country. I guarantee it.

You know, if we're voting for people that would actually do a good job of things, I think that I'd vote for this guy:

http://ozyandmillie.org/2007/11/27/ozy-and-millie-2000/

9/4/2012 #11,232
truthsetfree
My mom wants a bummer sticker that says "who gives a $#!t if your democrat or republican. Vote for who's right for the job."

That's what you're supposed to do if you are Democrat or Republican...

I am so sick and tired of hearing about that election, and if it were up to me, the USA would be legally barred from holding elections.

You're Canadian, yes? Are you finding your nations news coverage to be a bit much around American election times? If so, I would suggest taking it up with your nation's news casters/journalists/etc. I personally haven't felt overwhelmed by coverage/controversy this year.

XD But of course, that wouldn't really work, so how about a compromise I can live with? They can have their silly elections, but they only get two weeks warning about when it's going to happen, so that at least puts a reasonable limit on the whole stupid campaigning crap, and I think maybe I could live with that if it only lasted for two weeks.

Wouldn't work for a bunch of reasons, but top two would be:

1. Good luck keeping that secret

and

2. Saying "you have two weeks to campaign" wouldn't lead to fewer political ads, guest appearances, debates, funds being raised/blown, scandals during off-season, etc. It would just compress it into two horrible weeks in which you'd be hard-pressed to hear/see/touch something that wasn't in some way related to someone's political campaign. And that would maybe last a year, tops, until they found a loop hole to exploit.

Also, 24 hours after the final vote tally is official and the winner announced, it becomes illegal to complain publicly about the results, ESPECIALLY on the internet where I'd be most likely to have to see it.

Not ever going to happen. Free speech for one. Best you can do is open and regulate your own sites/forums on the internet.

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #11,233
Rosawyn
It's like a sport over here.

I don't like sports either. :P

Umm... I clearly have emotions and relationships and feelings in my stories more so then a guy would...

Is that supposed to imply that guys don't/can't write about emotions and relationships? Because, I'm not even a guy, and I'm slightly offended anyway. XD

9/4/2012 #11,234
The Red Strings

For the most part, I ignore politics which is horrible of me to do since voting can make a difference. Though, the debates, heated arguments, and false accusations just make me go....meerrrhhhhhhhp when it comes to politics. Like things on marriage equality and abortion isn't decided just by the president, and yet so many people get so heated up when it comes to their favoured candidates.

It's like that guy from Texas about marriage equality and box turtles.

I guess I was never aware that you had an old girl crush. Also, I have no idea who Lana Del Rey is.

I used to be madly in love with Katy Perry, though, mostly her older stuff before she made it big. Lana Del Rey....:) I've come to known about her through this youtuber who makes fanvids of my favorite fandom and she uses a lot of her songs.

Carmen is a really good song by her when you are in that thoughtful mood.

9/4/2012 #11,235
truthsetfree
I always vote for a cheeseburger.

That reminds me of the foot powder that was voted in for Mayor.

9/4/2012 #11,236
ReadingBlueWolf
Is that supposed to imply that guys don't/can't write about emotions and relationships? Because, I'm not even a guy, and I'm slightly offended anyway. XD

No, I simply meant that girls tend to be more emotional and sappy. Not saying guys don't go there, at all. I've read some really great stories by guys that do go there with emotions and all. There is a slight difference on how guys see things vs girls though.

9/4/2012 #11,237
The Red Strings
No, I simply meant that girls tend to be more emotional and sappy. Not saying guys don't go there, at all. I've read some really great stories by guys that do go there with emotions and all. There is a slight difference on how guys see things vs girls though.

How so? And I like this one male author....Though, that's the only male fanfic writer I can think of as of right now.

9/4/2012 #11,238
hgjnvjv fygyf
*slowly raises hand* Hi.... Lol all my stuff is romance, though not sappy sappy, just the regular ups and downs of love.
9/4/2012 #11,239
The Death Frisbee

Back from just-about-to-go-to-bed, can't sleep yet.

Just found kitty outside in the rain. :(

She's an indoor-only cat -- I expect she slipped out when Cat (the roommate) came in with a friend of hers, b/c that was the only time both doors could have been open at once. I just realized 'Huh, I haven't seen her all evening; I should look for her before I go to bed.' Not in the closets, not in the basement. Took the flashlight, went outside, called for her, found her wet, scared, and hunched over in a basement window. Fortunately she's all right, but she's wet, and I feel like a horrible person for not noticing she'd been out in the night rain for a few hours.

:( :( :(

At least she's safe though, and she'll dry off.

9/4/2012 #11,240
ReadingBlueWolf

It's in the way it comes across. There's slight differences in details.

9/4/2012 #11,241
Rosawyn
You're Canadian, yes? Are you finding your nations news coverage to be a bit much around American election times? If so, I would suggest taking it up with your nation's news caters/journalists/etc. I personally haven't felt overwhelmed by coverage/controversy this year.

I am Canadian, yes. But I don't actually watch the news. I just go on facebook... XD

1. Good luck keeping that secret

Secret? It would be decided randomly and then immediately announced. No secret to keep.

two horrible weeks in which you'd be hard-pressed to hear/see/touch something that wasn't in some way related to someone's political campaign.

But that's what it's been like for at least the last month anyway... :/

Free speech for one.

Free speech, yes. I just gotta love free speech. Because I honestly let people I know on facebook say whatever they hell they want about US politics, and I don't respond. I let them post and share whatever they like without a single complaint. I really do. And then if I share ONE TINY THING about marriage equality or something, they jump down my throat and accuse me of "hate speech" and attacking "Christian values." And they claim that that is MOST of what I post on facebook. And they gang up on me, like a bunch of circling vultures or something. For crying out loud. I get so sick and tired of these people who are related to my husband. And then they try to lecture me on "free speech," because apparently I am the one who doesn't understand how it works. Well, maybe they're right. Maybe I really don't understand how it works.

/sorry, really angry rant

/ignore if you like

voting can make a difference.

So they say, anyway. Never seems to make much difference in Canadian politics. Well, to be fair, I guess it could make a difference if I lived in Ontario or Quebec. But not so much out here in BC.

false accusations

Ick. Yes. That, and the stupid mud-slinging. "OMG! He is liek so lame and has bad hair and is fat and stupid and has bad breath. You don't want someone like THAT leading the country, do you??"

and box turtles.

I have no idea what that is even about. I guess this means I have been doing a better job than I thought I was doing at tuning it all out!

No, I simply meant that girls tend to be more emotional and sappy. Not saying guys don't go there, at all. I've read some really great stories by guys that do go there with emotions and all.

Yeah, I get it. You were talking about stereotypes. And that test thing is supposed to be based on stereotypes, right? How else could it hope to guess your gender based on your writing?

There is a slight difference on how guys see things vs girls though.

I'm not even sure that's true. I'm pretty sure I don't see things the same way as most female humans do.

9/4/2012 #11,242
The Red Strings
*slowly raises hand* Hi.... Lol all my stuff is romance, though not sappy sappy, just the regular ups and downs of love.

I always found it interesting when male authors gives more insight on the male character when it all goes down. Now that you've mentioned it, I want to look at your stuff now.

Just found kitty outside in the rain. :(

Awww, is she okay?

It's in the way it comes across. There's slight differences in details.

An example?

9/4/2012 #11,243
The Death Frisbee

She's pissed and wet and growly, but it's 73 degrees out, so I don't think she's in any physical danger. Dried her off as best I could with a towel, though.

ETA: Weather website snafu!

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #11,244
Dominus Tenebrosus
How so? And I like this one male author....Though, that's the only male fanfic writer I can think of as of right now.

Also a male fanfic writer with... Well, not much romance, but a little in my writings.

At least, I'm pretty sure I'm a guy. Let me check.

That's an affirmative.

9/4/2012 #11,245
hgjnvjv fygyf
Hahahahaha Red, I'm afraid you'll be sorely dissapppinted if you're looking for contrast between the boy and the girl! Lol
9/4/2012 #11,246
Rosawyn
that's the only male fanfic writer I can think of as of right now.

We have quite a few male fanfic writers just here at the RLt. Time, Misty, TML...Jace is also male. I'm sure I am forgetting quite a few, so I apologise - it's not an intentional slight. Just me being sleepy and sunburned.

And it's pretty good, and if I didn't know you were a guy, I honestly would have just guessed it was written by a girl, which isn't meant as any sort of insult either, just a... stereotype thing, because the fact is that most fanfic is written by females. And yeah.

At least she's safe though, and she'll dry off.

Yeah, and that's good.

An example?

Oh hey, I have an example. Back when Charlotte Brontë was publishing her books under the pen-name Currer Bell, a female critic read the book and insisted that it had obviously been written by a man. Which is kind of hilarious, because Charlotte Brontë was in fact a woman (as the name might suggest).

9/4/2012 #11,247
The Red Strings
She's pissed and wet and growly, but it's 73 degrees out, so I don't think she's in any physical danger. Dried her off as best I could with a towel, though.

No to the blow dryer? I never had a cat before so I don't know how to dry one....I would imagine it would be a fight to the death though.

Also a male fanfic writer with... Well, not much romance, but a little in my writings.

At least, I'm pretty sure I'm a guy. Let me check.

That's an affirmative.

So hard to keep my eyes open after taking benadryl but I'm glad I kept them open to read this. xD LOL.

9/4/2012 #11,248
Rosawyn
Well, not much romance, but a little in my writings.

Pretty sure most of what TML writes is romance. *shrug* Pretty darn well-written romance too.

9/4/2012 #11,249
The Death Frisbee

I'd use the blow dryer but don't want to scare her right now. She's just glad to be inside.

She's an indoor-only kitty, and she's 13 -- this may well be the first time she's been outside for over a minute or two. I know it's been the first time since I've had her (since she was 5).

/is all wired again, damn it, and I was so close to sleep.

/would also like to check in as the inverse, a female fanfic writer who isn't terribly interested in writing romance fics. I've written some relationshippy stuff, and if you look under my prior profile you can find a Lost one-shot or two, but by and large I write adventure stories, even if they have a fairly large dose of accompanying angst.

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #11,250
« Prev Page 1 .. 365 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 385 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member