The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which spotlights the excellent stories in our archives and promotes reviewing all stories without the promise of getting a review in return. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Rosawyn

They must be dying out there. In droves.

Here in Abbotsford, it seems about 50% of the people LOVE the heat and call it "beautiful" while the other 50% complain and say it's horrible. I'm more in the 2nd 50%. :P

MAGIC! (And not of the Mike variety plzkthnx).

LOL

I do prefer Lucifer's Hell to Skotos', I'll say that.

At least in the winter I can go inside and get warm. Maybe I'd like summer more if I had air conditioning.

7/7/2012 #91
The Bitter Kitten

You can still get the little up arrows through similar eldritch incantations.

Rosa, again, I love you.

7/7/2012 #92
Desktop Warrior

Here in Abbotsford, it seems about 50% of the people LOVE the heat and call it "beautiful" while the other 50% complain and say it's horrible. I'm more in the 2nd 50%. :P

I'm in the 'wander around the house shirtless, showing off my gorgeous fl-abs' variety.

At least in the winter I can go inside and get warm. Maybe I'd like summer more if I had air conditioning.

A huge part of it is that I associate good memories with scorching hot weather. I spent all my summers until recently with Mom in Greece. T_T

& # 94, no spaces.

/Wizarding 101, turn to page three hundred and ninety-four, y'all.

7/7/2012 . Edited 7/7/2012 #93
Megalink1126

Unfortunately, I must bid you adieu, because my vacation ends in the morning with a 9am work call, so good night, my friend! It was great to talk to you. :)

Bye Blake! Great being able to catch up with you after so long!

Again, no pressure. I'm just thinking that it's somewhat easier to beta for you if I have MSN. And I do like talking to you one-on-one, of course.

Which reminds me that I should probably be finishing that two-shot and Cross 3 so I can work on that fic for you. I think I might have to go back and do a bit of rewriting (again) for the first chapter that goes with that prologue I sent you forever ago.

But yeah. I'll get on that soon-ish.

More like the Cruciatus curse of FFN. -_-

Bad FFN. Way to go and set a curse upon yourself. You probably did it just to annoy us too.

E: Actually, nope, read that wrong. I have no clue what you're referencing. XD

/dense

E2: And way to take out all my quotes when I tried to edit my post! DX

7/7/2012 . Edited 7/7/2012 #94
Desktop Warrior

Which reminds me that I should probably be finishing that two-shot and Cross 3 so I can work on that fic for you. I think I might have to go back and do a bit of rewriting (again) for the first chapter that goes with that prologue I sent you forever ago.

But yeah. I'll get on that soon-ish.

I look forward to it! I loved your prologue~

Bad FFN. Way to go and set a curse upon yourself. You probably did it just to annoy us too.

It's because FFN's an S.

7/7/2012 #95
Rosawyn

Oh hey, one good thing that happened today (and actually there were a lot of good things, but I'm just too tired and sore to remember most of them) was that I got to try a unique "you can't get this anywhere else in the world" food: a blueberry smokie. The sausage actually had whole real blueberries inside it, and it was surprisingly really good. :D

7/7/2012 #96
Desktop Warrior

"you can't get this anywhere else in the world" food: a blueberry smokie.

This reminds me of the roast goose in cinnamon-and-white-cheese sauce I read about in 'An Emperor for the Legion' today.

EDIT: How come I'm talking about food both here and at TiNa? EVERYONE, JUST IGNORE THE GLUTTON. NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVING ON!

7/7/2012 . Edited 7/7/2012 #97
Rosawyn

This reminds me of the roast goose in cinnamon-and-white-cheese sauce

That sounds...weird.

How come I'm talking about food

Because I brought it up?

7/7/2012 #98
Desktop Warrior

That sounds...weird.

That's what Marcus Aemilius Scaurus thought, too. He also did NOT enjoy almonds with crushed garlic.

Because I brought it up?

LOL nah, I was just thinking it's a coincidence.

7/7/2012 #99
Rosawyn

He also did NOT enjoy almonds with crushed garlic.

If those were the only two things and not, like, cooked with some meat or something, that would be really gross, imo. I guess I'd have to try it, but it just sounds like it wouldn't go together at all. The goose thing might be good, though. I dunno.

7/7/2012 #100
Megalink1126

EDIT: How come I'm talking about food both here and at TiNa?

Because cookies are much more delicious than eggs, blueberry sausages are definitely worth mentioning, and it's past time for a midnight snack over here on the east coast?

He also did NOT enjoy almonds with crushed garlic.

That just sounds icky.

7/7/2012 #101
Desktop Warrior

If those were the only two things and not, like, cooked with some meat or something, that would be really gross, imo. I guess I'd have to try it, but it just sounds like it wouldn't go together at all. The goose thing might be good, though. I dunno.

It actually was just almonds and garlic. Marcus (the protagonist of the story) actually complains about that very thing: he says the almonds would go better with cinnamon, as a sweet dish, and the goose would be better with cheese and garlic.

7/7/2012 #102
songstar13

Sorry for the poof. Ffnet wouldn't load for me for a bit. And I got distracted with manga.

7/7/2012 #103
Desktop Warrior

Because cookies are much more delicious than eggs, blueberry sausages are definitely worth mentioning, and it's past time for a midnight snack over here on the east coast?

Ah, midnight snacks~ I remember the days when I had those, back when I was a university student.

Sorry for the poof. Ffnet wouldn't load for me for a bit. And I got distracted with manga.

Ooh, which manga?

7/7/2012 #104
Rosawyn

it's past time for a midnight snack over here on the east coast

Even here on the west coast, I'm thinking I want a snack. And it's not even 9:30pm yet. I think, though, that with all the walking I did today, I need more food. Yes. This is logic.

he says the almonds would go better with cinnamon, as a sweet dish, and the goose would be better with cheese and garlic.

I think I agree with him.

Ffnet wouldn't load for me for a bit.

Stupid ff.n! :[

7/7/2012 #105
Megalink1126

Anyway, it's around that time that I should be heading off. Bye guys.

7/7/2012 #106
Desktop Warrior

Even here on the west coast, I'm thinking I want a snack. And it's not even 9:30pm yet. I think, though, that with all the walking I did today, I need more food. Yes. This is logic.

I'm about to make my cocoa and have a cookie~

Night, Mega.

7/7/2012 #107
songstar13

Ooh, which manga?

Well, right now, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo. It's about a high school boy and girl who switch bodies when they kiss, and it's actually pretty funny. xD

Earlier it was just stuff like Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, etc.

7/7/2012 #108
Rosawyn

boy and girl who switch bodies when they kiss

I hate when that happens! XD

7/7/2012 #109
Desktop Warrior

boy and girl who switch bodies when they kiss

I was about to say. XD

7/7/2012 #110
songstar13

xD

And I just read a part where one of the student council members finds out, so he gives them an entire classroom so that they "have a place on school grounds where [they] can kiss!"

The manga is, obviously, pure comedy.

7/7/2012 #111
Desktop Warrior

Oh, that Absurdly Powerful Student Council.

7/7/2012 #112
songstar13

That.

And...I don't even. Now that same student council member wants to find out if these two can switch places with OTHER people by kissing them. *facepalm*

...why does this manga sound like it's less work/school appropriate than it really is? xD

7/7/2012 #113
Shanrock

Whenever anyone mentions this trope, my first thought is always Haruhi Suzumiya.

Also, hello! I'm here, apparently. -waves-

7/7/2012 #114
Wendy Brune

I spy a Rocky.

7/7/2012 #115
Rosawyn

Now that same student council member wants to find out if these two can switch places with OTHER people by kissing them. *facepalm*

For Science! ?

Also, hello! I'm here, apparently. -waves-

Hi, Rocky! I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?

7/7/2012 #116
Shanrock

Ohai Wendy!

Hi, Rocky! I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?

Sick. Had a nasty flu for the last week and a bit, so I've been spending most of my time in bed and such. Feeling better now, though.

How about you?

7/7/2012 #117
Desktop Warrior

And...I don't even. Now that same student council member wants to find out if these two can switch places with OTHER people by kissing them. *facepalm*

This doesn't surprise me.

...why does this manga sound like it's less work/school appropriate than it really is? xD

Because it's not really about school or work. /:D

Whenever anyone mentions this trope, my first thought is always Haruhi Suzumiya.

Is that worth watching/reading?

I spy a Rocky.

I spy a Wendy.

7/7/2012 #118
Wendy Brune

Hey, everyone.

Glad you're feeling better.

7/7/2012 #119
Shanrock

Is that worth watching/reading?

I dunno. Never read/watched it. Pops up a lot during my TVTropes browsing, so parts of it have kinda diffused into my brain.

7/7/2012 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune GeorgyannWayson, Luna Rapunzel, The Real F'n Scorp, Madam'zelleGiry, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member