The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Wendy Brune

Feel free to issue a writing challenge or prompt here, or answer one yourself! Make sure to link us to the story if you complete a challenge!

(Props to Rosa for the quote in the title!)

(Form stolen from Blake)

--

Fandom: (Self Explanatory?)

Issuer of Challenge: (Your name.)

Victors: (Be nice and edit in links as people submit!)

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: (The Challenge...whether it's a prompt, a sentence, whatever. Plus any other important details.)

To help navigate the thread, all challenges currently posted are here:

1. Fandom: The Sims

Challenge: The Grim Reaper Has Fallen in Love (see post 2 for details) by Cerulean City

2. Fandom: Any

Challenge: "Regrettably, we've lost your records. You are officially a persona non gratae. Have a nice day." (see post 3 for details) by Cerulean City

3. Fandom: Any but only with canon characters

Challenge: Write a realistic and believable fic for a non-canon pairing where one half of the pairing is an asexual virgin. (see post 3 for details) by Rosawyn

4. Fandom: Any

Challenge: On my profile, I have posted a list of 64 themes. The goal is to write something for these themes. (see post 7 for details) by Songstar13

5. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Successfully integrate our official RLt mascot, the moose, into a story along with the themes of brotherly love (or even romantic love) into a story of your choosing. (see post 11 for details) by darkin520

6. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Successfully integrate our official RLt mascot, the moose, into a story along with the themes of brotherly love (or even romantic love) into a story of your choosing. (see post 15 for details) by Ventisquear

7. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Breakfast in bed. (see post 28 for details) by Ursinomancer

8. Fandom: BBC Sherlock

Challenge: Write a fic (oneshot or multichapter, whichever you prefer) that explores the following quote from Scandal in Belgravia: "I should warn you, I think Lestrade filmed you on his phone." (see post 33 for details) by Madame'zelleGiry

9. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Halloween Challenge (see post 34 for details)

10. Fandom: Sherlock and Avengers

Challenge: After the Fall, Sherlock needs a right-hand man. Or woman, as the case may be. SHIELD sends Natasha Romanoff to protect Mr. Holmes from any sign of trouble as he exposes Moriarty's web piece by piece.

11. Fandom: Any

Challenge: They're evil and monstrous and cool and they usually have their faces covered. They are the bad guys, the antagonists, the enemy, the Dark Side of the Story. Write a story from their point of view. More than that- don't just write something where they kick a bucket of newborn puppies over, just to show off how EEEEEEvil they are. This is from their perspective, and few if any people think of themselves monsters. For this story, to them and maybe even to you, they're the good guys here. (see post 40 for details) by McJunker

12. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Take the characters of your chosen series and have them deal with a event that changes everything. (see post 46 for details) by Galvantula866

13. Fandom: Avengers but not limited to others

Challenge: Write a working, interesting fanfic about a character who is blatantly superhuman or otherwise insanely gifted or unused to mundane things doing something crushingly mundane. (see post 55 for details) by The Death Frisbee

14. Fandom: Any

Challenge: The No E's Challenge (see post 59 for details) by The Death Frisbee

15. Fandom: Any

Challenge: The Four C's Challenge (see post 71 for details) by SkywardDiamond

16. Fandom: Any

Challenge: This place is going to the dogs! Write a 500-2000 word fic about your favorite characters encountering mans best friend. (see post 88 for details) by ckorkows

17. Fandom: Any

Challenge: The gender-bender challenge (see post 102 for details) by Wendy Brune

18. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Mary, me? (no, it's not spelled incorrectly; see post 105 for details) by ckorkows

19. Fandom: Any

Challenge: The Not-So-Popular Character (see post 117 for details) by Legendary Biologist

20. Fandom: Any

Challenge: Anything Goes (see post 120 for details) by memingers aka Ella

7/10/2012 . Edited by darkin520, 4/8 #1
Cerulean City

Fandom: The Sims (2, 3, Medieval)

Issuer of Challenge: Cerulean City

Victors:

ckrets, with mortality

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It:

The Grim Reaper has fallen in love.

The responding fic must be at least 500 words.

No time limit is in effect.

7/10/2012 . Edited 12/7/2012 #2
Cerulean City

Fandom: Open!

Issuer of Challenge: Cerulean City

Victors:

"Regrettably, we've lost your records. You are officially a persona non gratae. Have a nice day."

The responding fic must be at least 500 words.

No time limit is in effect.

7/10/2012 #3
Rosawyn

Fandom: Open, but certainly quite limited by canon characters

(Yes, Sherlock from the BBC show is an obvious candidate, but he is not the only possible character; an argument could be made that Castiel from Supernatural also fits, and no doubt other characters with whom I am not familiar.)

Issuer of Challenge: Rosawyn

Victors:

Trickster Tricked by The Death Frisbee, Unrequited by ckorkows, secrets by starlight.moon.princess.

Write a realistic and believable fic for a non-canon pairing where one half of the pairing is an asexual virgin. You must keep everyone in character to the best of your ability.

Please note: there is no requirement that this be a "romance" story. You can certainly write the "pairing" as entirely one-sided.

There is no minimum or maximum word-count, but oneshots under 5000 words will very likely be read and reviewed by me much faster than longer fics.

There is also no time limit.

7/10/2012 . Edited 10/26/2013 #4
TheFictionFairy

Quick question: would we be expected to post about our fills here, or would we PM the issuer of the challenge?

7/11/2012 #5
Wendy Brune

You can do both! But you should totally post here, too, so we can all see! ...but then also to make sure that they know, you can also PM.

7/11/2012 #6
songstar13

Fandom: Open

Issuer of Challenge: Songstar13

Victors:

Alright. So my challenge is quite labor intensive. On my profile, I have posted a list of 64 themes. The goal is to write something for these themes. You may accept the Mega Grand Challenge and attempt to write something for every theme (preferrably all within the same fandom) or just pick and choose themes to write for. To become a victor at this challenge, you need only write for one of the 64 themes. I'm currently in the process of completing the Mega Grand Challenge for Bleach (I've been working on it for just over a year now, and just recently passed the half-way mark). Please PM me if you decide to take up this challenge; I probably won't be checking this thread very often in the future, so that's the best way to get yourself added to the victors. I'll add your name and a link to the story associated with this. If you're going for the Mega Grand Challenge, PM me anyway, and I'll add you to the next category below of Works-in-Progress. :)

No time limit is in effect, nor are there any restrictions on qualifying length.

Works in Progress:

ReadingBlueWolf

Kawaii Koneko-hime

Sixty-four Little Stars, by reminiscent-afterthought, Sailor Moon

The Inoue Girls and Boy, by reminiscent-afterthought, Digimon

Glass Shards by Queen of Narnia49, Naruto

7/26/2012 . Edited 1/1 #7
darkin520

Um, I have a question. If we post a challenge, can we also participate in the said challenge ourselves?

8/23/2012 #8
Rosawyn
If we post a challenge, can we also participate in the said challenge ourselves?

I don't see why not! :D

8/23/2012 #9
darkin520
I don't see why not! :D

Awesome. Thank you. :)

8/23/2012 #10
darkin520

Fandom: Open to any

Issuer of Challenge: Yours truly, darkin520

Victors: A Moose in Need by MalkieriJester; The Moose on seaQuest by darkin520; If You Give Loki A Book by ReadingBlueWolf; Stranded, With a Side of Moose Stew by StormyMonday; Moose by PlainSimpleGarak; No Moose is Good Moose by The Death Frisbee; Moose Hunt by Legendary Biologist; Flock of Moosen by LeahisaDinosaur

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: Successfully integrate our official RLt mascot, the moose, into a story along with the themes of brotherly love (or even romantic love) into a story of your choosing. Any length, any genre. Be open-minded and creative.

And extra bonus points if you include love buckets and a reference to 'on the floor'. :P

I am working on the idea for a story of my own and shall post a link here when posted as well. :)

8/23/2012 . Edited 3/29/2013 #11
MalkieriJester

Timeframe Darkin? for Moose of the Brotherly Love? And does he (the mascot) have a name?

9/3/2012 #12
darkin520

I never set a timeframe...just whenever you get one out. And nope, I don't think our moose has a name. At least, I don't know of one. You could add a name in your story if you'd like.

9/3/2012 #13
MalkieriJester

Answer to darkin's challenge:

A Moose in Need, http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8494054/1/A-Moose-in-Need

Fandom: Rocky and Bullwinkle

9/3/2012 #14
Ventisquear

Fandom: Any

Issuer of Challenge: Ventisquear

Victors:

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: Write a story with the main protagonist from your other story, but make him/her completely opposite to their normal self. For example, if he's is normally a kind, caring person, make him cold and calculating; if he's witty, make him dumb; or, if it's a guy who has many lover girls, turn him gay! Etc., you get the idea.

However, all other characters are their normal selves. How do they react to this sudden change? What problems it causes? What are the reasons? Is there a cure? Show us! :D Any genre are welcome, comedy or thriller or even a horror. The only condition is that you don't make a new OC for this, but change an existing one, so we can compare their normal self and the new self. :D

9/4/2012 #15
Aspiring Hobby

@Ventisquear

I wanted to ask what length shall the story be of?

Also can the story be a crossover?

Does it need to be complete?

Should the story be set in canon?

Can it be set in after the anime/book/game/ETC is complete?

Does it need to have connection with the characters the main hero/heroine being portrayed in the Fandom as in cannon have? I mean like person 1 has relationship of family and all with person 2. Does it need to be there as well? If it needs to does the relationship needs to be same?

Man! lots of question. Hahaha. Oh well! :D

(Edited to add more questions)

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #16
Ventisquear

I never cared about the word count. A drabble or 10k story, all is fine with me. More than 10 k would be bit problem only because I don't have much time these days. I'd prefer if it was finished, though an open end is fine with me. Any genre is fine, including the crossover.

However, the point of this is to make the other characters think that the main protagonist went crazy, for whatever reason. It doesn't have to be set in canon, but it should be set in the universe of your story from which you took the character (let's call it "original story"). The setting and other characters are the same; only the main protagonist is different, "OOC". You can make it a crack story, but you can also make it serious and full of difficult decisions. It can be a prequel or sequel or an episode of the original story, or it can be AU to it.

For example, in the original story the main protagonist is Jack, a secret agent with brilliant mind; he has a girlfriend Jill and a best friend Bob. But for this challenge, Jack will suddenly become very clumsy - he can't walk from one end of the room to another without tripping twice; and he litarally can't put 2 and 2 together. Maybe it's because he's drunk and now he makes fool of himself and they will all laugh at it tomorrow. Or, maybe it's because the enemy damaged his brain and now he's dangerous to himself and others, and the only solution is to kill him. What will Jill and Bob do?

9/4/2012 #17
Aspiring Hobby
However, the point of this is to make the other characters think that the main protagonist went crazy, for whatever reason. It doesn't have to be set in canon, but it should be set in the universe of your story from which you took the character (let's call it "original story"). The setting and other characters are the same; only the main protagonist is different, "OOC". You can make it a crack story, but you can also make it serious and full of difficult decisions. It can be a prequel or sequel or an episode of the original story, or it can be AU to it.

If I am going to make it a crossover than how can I make it an original story? If it is going to be AU then how is it going to be original? I don't get that part here.

Do you get what I mean? Or did I got something wrong here? Please excuse me for that and explain me my folly!

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #18
Ventisquear

I'll try to explain it on the example I used before. Let's say that the story about the secret agent Jack and his friends Jill and Bob is called "Jack Bond" and it's for the fandom of James Bond. I don't care if the story "Jack Bond" is set in canon, AU, crossover or whatever. What I want is a story with the same settings and characters as in "Jack Bond", only with Jack suddenly clumsy and dumb.

Whatever else you do with it, is entirely up to you. :) If you make it a proper part of the "Jack Bond" story, if it's set before or after "Jack Bond", or if it is an AU to "Jack Bond", or if it is crossover with, idk, Torchwood, I don't care. That's also entirely up to you. :D

So: take the story you already have, turn one character upside down and show us the chaos it causes. That's all.

9/4/2012 #19
Aspiring Hobby

Oh, okay! thanks a lot for clearing it all out!

:)

Okay I know I am being annoying here but I wanted to ask I have to do this challenge with an already existing story of mine?

If I have to than I think that's not possible because all of stories of mine has the main protagonist different than that of cannon! In none of story My main character Kagome that is from Inuyasha fandom is just entirely different from the story. So?

:)

Edit: I am so idiotic here! I get what you mean! I am so sorry for being annoying here. Will post the story soon!

I just have to alter a character in one of my stories and show the chaos! Right?

:D

9/4/2012 . Edited 9/4/2012 #20
lilgenious

Darkin! I am so in for this challenge where you include the RLt Moose. Erm, it may take awhile for me to get back to you... but I so have an idea for it. *wanders off to write story.*

9/10/2012 #21
darkin520
Darkin! I am so in for this challenge where you include the RLt Moose. Erm, it may take awhile for me to get back to you... but I so have an idea for it. *wanders off to write story.*

Great! I'm so glad everyone is embracing this challenge. It has me all excited.

PS: I forgot to mention that if anyone does my challenge, it will result in a review and most likely a favorite from me as well. :)

/trying to sweeten the deal

Now go and write! :D

9/10/2012 #22
PlainSimpleGarak

Dangit, now I want to write a story with a moose in it -.-

I'm already behind on updates. But I can clearly see young Tenzin, Bumi and a moose...

plotunnies go away!!

9/11/2012 #23
ReadingBlueWolf
Dangit, now I want to write a story with a moose in it -.-

I'm already behind on updates. But I can clearly see young Tenzin, Bumi and a moose...

plotunnies go away!!

WHY AREN'T YOU WRITING THIS?!?!?!!?!?!!! I WOULD TOTALLY READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OKAY TO BE BEHIND IF IT INVOLVES RLT AND AVATAR!!!! :)

9/11/2012 #24
darkin520

Just a reminder there is no set timeframe on this challenge. You are not behind. And, yes, please write this story. I'd love to read it. -nods- :)

9/11/2012 #25
PlainSimpleGarak
WHY AREN'T YOU WRITING THIS?!?!?!!?!?!!! I WOULD TOTALLY READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OKAY TO BE BEHIND IF IT INVOLVES RLT AND AVATAR!!!! :)

I... might have put down some dialogue. :sweat:

9/11/2012 #26
PlainSimpleGarak

The plotbunnies never stopped chewing...

So... Challenge Accepted! I offer up (the oh-so-creatively titled...) Moose

9/13/2012 #27
Ursinomancer

Fandom: Open to All

Issuer of Challenge: Ursinomancer

Victors: Theories in Chaos (Chap. 13) by ReadingBlueWolf

Dash Forward, Three Heroes! (Chap. 3) by Galvantula866

Remember When (Chap. 25) by darkin520

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: Breakfast in bed. I'd like to see that incorporated into the story somehow. I think it's a very basic idea that can be elaborated in many different ways. The story can be all kinds of things: fluffy, gross, spiteful, tragic, etc.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, if you should accept my challenge.

Edit: There are no time restraints, and the theme can be used in an already existing fic, or a completely new one.

9/15/2012 . Edited 10/4/2012 #28
StormyMonday
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It: Breakfast in bed. I'd like to see that incorporated into the story somehow. I think it's a very basic idea that can be elaborated in many different ways. The story can be all kinds of things: fluffy, gross, spiteful, tragic, etc. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, if you should accept my challenge.

A couple of questions: do you have a cut off date for this? Also, can it be part of a WIP, or does it have to be a one-shot?

9/15/2012 #29
Ursinomancer

There is no cut off date, and it can be either be a completely new story or embedded into one that you already have. Just be sure to tell me which chapter it is featured in. Thanks for the interest. :)

9/15/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member