The Reviews Lounge, Too
A forum for The Reviews Lounge, Too community, which promotes reviewing of all stories and spotlighting talented writers. Don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourself first!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
darkin520
Eh. I used to like pies, now they just don't do it for me.

Well, I don't like every kind of pie...but I do like some. I just never heard anyone say, "I do not like pies."

Now cheesecake, that's a dessert. With cherry pie filling.

I like cheesecake...but I do not like cherry pie or its filling. Yuck. Strawberry on the other hand, yes.

11/14/2012 #6,841
Don't Mess With Aria

No, thank you. I don't like limes.

EDIT: I'm sure it's not all pies, Dar. Just every one I've tried : P

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,842
truthsetfree

I like pie.

11/14/2012 #6,843
Don't Mess With Aria

New goal: I'm going to play around with an apple pie recipe until I can tweak i into something I like.

But for now, it's back to writing-work. See y'all later.

11/14/2012 #6,844
TikiPrincess
I used to like pies, now they just don't do it for me.

Waitress and Pushing Daisies are a couple of my go-to DVDs when I'm feeling blue. They are both filled with pie. I guess I associate pie with warm, homey goodness. Cake is for special occasions, but pie can be had any day.

11/14/2012 #6,845
Madam'zelleGiry

I like pie. But I like cake more.

11/14/2012 #6,846
darkin520
I'm sure it's not all pies, Dar. Just every one I've tried : P

I'll bet you would love the homemade chocolate pecan pie from where i used to work. The pies are freaking to die for because everything is homemade. It's awesome!

It does have a FB page, and I think it's okay if I link it here since I don't live in that town anymore. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Serving-Spoon/63186374970

Anyway, it is pretty much like a brownie in a pie crust. I don't see how anyone could hate it.

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,847
Madam'zelleGiry
Anyway, it is pretty much like a brownie in a pie crust. I don't see how anyone could hate it.

Mmmmmmm...

11/14/2012 #6,848
darkin520
Mmmmmmm...

It makes me want to go there now. Alas, it's a three hour drive. -cries-

And my kids get home in about 40 minutes. I kind of need to be home for that.

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,849
Madam'zelleGiry
And my kids get home in about 40 minutes. I kind of need to be home for that.

That's open to interpretation.

/killed

11/14/2012 #6,850
darkin520
That's open to interpretation.

/killed

Haha...you're too funny. XD

Haha...ninjaed! My page. All mine! And I'm not sharing. :P

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,851
Madam'zelleGiry

Double psot resisted!

11/14/2012 #6,852
darkin520
Double psot resisted!

LOL...I know; isn't it great? XP

11/14/2012 #6,853
Madam'zelleGiry
LOL...I know; isn't it great? XP

Just for that, I'm going to get a cup of hot chocolate!

/totally unrelatedness is awesomeness

11/14/2012 #6,854
Don't Mess With Aria
I don't see how anyone could hate it.

Hating pecans would do it :P I swear, I am the pickiest eater. And then, having Celiac doesn't help. There's probably a handful of things that I can actually eat and that aren't poisonous to me.

11/14/2012 #6,855
truthsetfree
EDIT: I'm sure it's not all pies, Dar. Just every one I've tried : P

Have you tried strawberry-rhubarb? Mississippi mud pie? Lemon-meringue? Banana cream? Sweet potato pie? Coconut-cream? Pumpkin? Buttermilk?

Have you tried apple with cheese baked in?

What about meatier varieties of pie?

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,856
darkin520
Just for that, I'm going to get a cup of hot chocolate!

But...but I want some hot chocolate. -cries-

Hating pecans would do it :P

Oh, yes, I suppose it would. Blast!

I swear, I am the pickiest eater. And then, having Celiac doesn't help. There's probably a handful of things that I can actually eat and that aren't poisonous to me.

Oh, I didn't know you had Celiac disease. I understand then. I'm sorry to hear that, but it makes sense...I mean about things you can't eat.

Have you tried apple with cheese baked in?

Where I'm from, we put the cheese on top and then pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to let it melt. Then cover it in whipped cream. Yum. This conversation really makes me want pie now. Damn you all! (but I still love you).

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,857
IrishPanther

My attempt at a long backlog, might take a few minutes, so a few pointers to hegin:

-Hello everyone, hope y'all having a fantastic day! =)

-Sorry I haven't been on the chat, been busy with college life and such

-Have a paper due tomorrow, as well as a retest tomorrow, along with normal homework

-Only four more class days till break! =) So excited to be finally going home! =)

Ok, now to the backlogging (starting on pg 135):

Ah...that moment when you haven't read a story for a while and you need to check the reviews for each chapter to see where you left off. XP

Very This! (seems like all the time for me)

I gotta get out of the habit of hunching over my laptop when I write.

Sometimes happens to me, but never to the extent of soreness...I leave that for swimming...

finals are drawing close...

=(

Urgh.....

Miley Cyrus versus Justin Beiber. WHO WILL SURVIVE??? :O

Neither, next question! =P

And I used to watch Hannah Montana with my daughter. It was a nice show. I mean, it was nice, family entertainment. -shrugs-

I sadly confess that I watched that show....twas the downfall of Disney Channel (along with other kid shows in general...)

Even some of the cartoons they have now are disturbing.

Very This! Why can't we go back to the 90's; much better music, much better games, much better shows....*sigh* sorry about that

/living in the past

/90's kid probs

CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF NOSTALGIA!

AMEN! =)

Did anyone watch Legend of the Hidden Temple?

YES, YES, YES!!!! =) =)

Loved it to no ends!!

I wish you could have 24 hours of not being interrupted so you could sleep.

If only this was true.....

So, how 'bout them Cubs?

How 'bout them Indians seems like a better question for me....

I think you mean, how 'bout them Yankees.

Nope....I really mean it...

How 'bout them Kin-- oh that's right, there's no hockey.

Boo, why no hockey, why strike....no Stanley Cup = no distraction for spring semester =(

How can you not like pies?

This! Though I've started liking apple a few months back....

Haha...ninjaed! My page. All mine! And I'm not sharing. :P

Fine then, I'll just take my extremely backlogging skills and be leaving....grumble, grumble... =P

Very This!

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,858
darkin520

Whoa, way to backlog, Irish. WOO!

11/14/2012 #6,859
IrishPanther

I'm not done yet Darkin lol! =P

11/14/2012 #6,860
darkin520
I'm not done yet Darkin lol! =P

I shall wait with baited breath. :)

11/14/2012 #6,861
truthsetfree
Where I'm from, we put the cheese on top

I've had it that way too. Also good.

11/14/2012 #6,862
TikiPrincess
I swear, I am the pickiest eater. And then, having Celiac doesn't help. There's probably a handful of things that I can actually eat and that aren't poisonous to me.

I think mud pie is the answer. You can use graham crackers for the crust or oreo cookies and fill it with whatever ice cream you happen to fancy. I like mint chocolate chip with an oreo crust, drizzled with fudge and topped with a few dollops of whipped cream.

11/14/2012 #6,863
darkin520
I've had it that way too. Also good.

I've actually never had it baked in because it's an acquired taste. Everyone in my family thinks I'm weird 'cause I put cheese on my apple pie. Anyway, I never knew they did that. I'll have to look into it.

11/14/2012 #6,864
Madam'zelleGiry
I think mud pie is the answer. You can use graham crackers for the crust or oreo cookies and fill it with whatever ice cream you happen to fancy. I like mint chocolate chip with an oreo crust, drizzled with fudge and topped with a few dollops of whipped cream.

Sounds goood. Insanely sweet so that I couldn't eat much. But goood.

11/14/2012 #6,865
darkin520
Sounds goood. Insanely sweet so that I couldn't eat much. But goood.

This. Plus, it's currently too cold for me to eat ice cream. I don't like eating ice cream much once it gets chilly.

11/14/2012 #6,866
TikiPrincess
Everyone in my family thinks I'm weird 'cause I put cheese on my apple pie.

Hubby thinks I'm weird because I eat apple slices with gouda or cheddar. But it satisfies more of my taste buds that way. You get the tart and sweet of the apple with the salty and creaminess of the cheese. A little flavor party in your mouth!

Edit:

Plus, it's currently too cold for me to eat ice cream. I don't like eating ice cream much once it gets chilly.

I love eating ice cream in the winter. It doesn't melt as fast. Then again, southern California winters hardly ever get below 50 degrees.

11/14/2012 . Edited 11/14/2012 #6,867
The Death Frisbee

Upstate New York knows about apple pie and cheddar. Thanks, Vermont!

11/14/2012 #6,868
darkin520
A little flavor party in your mouth!

LOL...exactly. I love things with combinations of flavors...like milk duds and popcorn.

11/14/2012 #6,869
IrishPanther

Finally done with rediculous backlog...should be working on paper, but it's due in 24 1/2 hours and I have it outlined and such so I think I'm all good!

11/14/2012 #6,870
« Prev Page 1 .. 219 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 239 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Wendy Brune EHWIES, MissScorp, Madam'zelleGiry, darkin520, ShadedRogue, The Reviews Lounge Too
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member