Balinor, Merlin's Father
ALL Season Spoilers. This Forum was first created basically about YOUR thoughts on Balinor. Here where you will find FFnet challenges. Plus this is also a place to speck about any other topic.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
FireChildSlytherin5

Hey all, well I figured I should post this topic.

PLEASE post any Merlin FanFiction Challenges for others to read and do. For those that decided to do a Challenge, please post info so others can read it.

Merlin Challenge: (Copy & Paste the title and the Challenge here)

Title: (type Title)

Summary: (type of the Story's Summary)

Rate: (what is the story's Rate)

Warnings: (Examples: Mpreg, Fpreg, AU, Mary-Sue, Dark, Rape/Sex scenes, Gender-bender etc. etc)

Language: (Example: English)

Genres: (Example: Romance/Supernatural)

Crossover: (yes or no)

Complete: (yes or no)

Two Main Characters: (Example: Merlin/Arthur)

URL: (Copy & Paste the URL)

Please feel free to read some of the Challenges below.

--Marsha

3/24/2010 #1
FireChildSlytherin5

Arthur and Merlin as Family Challenge

-

Warnings: hardly anything that should be warned unless stated from Author.

-

This Challenge is mainly about having Merlin and Arthur being of blood kin. Is is your choice of how they are.

Key points of the story that must take place in any order:Merlin's father Balinor is found. Merlin's mother Hunith knew Arthur's mother Ygraine; Uthur and everyone else in Camelot finds out about Merlin's gifts; Merlin's founds out that Hunith too has magic and her brother Gaius; Merlin, Hunith and Gaius is not from Albion (Great Britain) they came from Ierne (Ireland). Good luck.

Any shipping is okay including Slash.

--FireChildSlytherin5

3/24/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #2
FireChildSlytherin5

Arthur Banished Challenge:

-

Warnings: Dark. Pagan religion. Merlin's magick reviles.

-

This Merlin Challenge is about Arthur being banished from Camelot; any reason of your choice. This Challenge is set before Arthur became King.

After being banished, Arthur is somehow wounded either before he left Camelot or after (your choice), Merlin not knowing what to do takes him to the Druids where they take them in.

Mostly this challenge is about Arthur seeing the good things about Magick, as Merlin tells him about his own gifts and them living with the Druids learning about the Old Ways & such. And to spice up the story a wee bit, Arthur too learns about Magick, becoming a Sorcerer himself. Finding that he has a good talent with it. You MUST write about the Old Religion in this story too, given the Reader an idea what the Druids taught the two friends.

Far into the story, Arthur and Merlin return to Camelot in your own choice as in WHY and what happens in the reunion between Uther and Arthur etc! This story Arthur and Merlin are the main characters. You may or may not have the shipping Arthur/Merlin. Any shipping in this story will do. You don't have to have any parting at all if you wish. Good Luck!

(FireChildSlytherin5's Advice: it would help you if you look up Paganism, Druidism etc. online)

3/24/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #3
FireChildSlytherin5

Arrange Marriage. Arthur/Merlin Mpreg Challenge:

-

Warning: Slash. Mpreg.

This challenge is about Uthur making a deal with the Celts between a very powerful "royalty" Warlock's unborn child and his son into marriage before Arthur is born. The deal states that the year when Arthur becomes of Age, is when the Warlock's child would appear to Arthur so they would know each other before the Child (Merlin) becomes of age before they get married. Uthur, 20 years later was visited with the Warlock, he finds out about Merlin being the child, outrage that Merlin is male. Uther all these years believed because of the Great Purge that the agree was valid. So the Arrange Marriage is agreed, and there is a bitter "truce" between Camelot and the magick users.

That is when the fun starts in the story: the Celts comes back. Merlin's father is found out who he is (depending the Season you choose the time line, Balinor or another guy), the secrets of the Queen's death...etc. The challenge is that in the story, somehow Merlin & Arthur gets marriage, Uthur dies making Arthur King, magick comes back to Camelot, Merlin gets pregnant. Good luck!

--FireChildSlytheirn5

3/24/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #4
FireChildSlytherin5

Merlin as Royalty Challenge:

-

Warnings: Only what the Author states when writing this story.

-

This Merlin Challenge is about Merlin being of high blood. Doesn't have to be that he is a Prince, Crown Prince etc. He can could easily be a lower rank in Royalty. It is your choice.

The plot is your choice; however in your story these must take place:Merlin's father Balinor is found alive. It is your choice of where he been all this time; Arthur and Uthur founds out that Merlin is a warlock; Magick is very common in Merlin's home kingdom at Ierne (Ireland) & that its heredity in the Royal bloodline; Uthur and Merlin's fatherKNOWSeach other before the "The Great Purge".

There can be slash.

--FireChildSlytherin5

3/24/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #5
FireChildSlytherin5

Robin Hood Character Is Merlin Character Challenge:

-

Warnings: Anything that the Author states while writing this story.

-

This Challenge is a Robin Hood CROSSOVER with Merlin BBC Challenge. You choose a character from ANY Robin Hood making them the same person in the Merlin series.For Example:Wulf Little (eldest son of John Little) is Merlin himself.... It is YOUR CHOICE of which character is who.

Any shipping is fine. Can be a one-shot or a longer story.

Good Luck.

--FireChildSlytherin5

3/25/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #6
FireChildSlytherin5

Merlin Challenge:

"Robin Hood Character meets Merlin Character Challenge"

This Challenge is a Robin Hood Crossover with Merlin Challenge. You choose a character from any Robin Hood making them the same person in the Merlin series. For Example: Wulf Little (eldest son of John Little) is Merlin himself.... It is your choice of which character is who.

Title: A Pagan's Fate

Summary: The missing scenes of when Will and the Sheriff spoke before Will be send to 'kill' Robin Hood and afterwards up to the ending of the Movie. The secrets of Will's mother is explored. The true reason why Will lived with the Outlaws in the Sherwood Forest in first place. Witch! Dark! Will Scarlett!

Rate: T

Warnings: AU. Paganism. Dark Will Scarlett. Crossover. Spoilers with Robin Hood the Prince of Thieves and Merlin Season 1 and 2.

Language: English

Genres: Spiritual

Crossover: Yes (with Robin Hood: the Prince of Thieves and Merlin-BBC)

Complete: Yes

Two Main Characters: Will Scarlett and Balinor

URL: Click HERE or copy & paste this = http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5578074/1/A_Pagans_Fate

3/25/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #7
FireChildSlytherin5

Twisted Birthright Challenge

-

Warnings: Dark Merlin. Royal Merlin. Former Slave Merlin.

-

This challenge is about Merlin being of royal blood but with a twist. At the start of the Great Purge Uther captured Hunith and Merlin, the wife and son of his once best friend Balinor, the Crown Dragonlord Prince of a magical kingdom from Ireland, stripping both of them from their titles and home and selling them into slavery; branding them at their collarbone marking them as slaves a fate worse then death.

Now 20 years later Merlin ran away from his Master King Cenred back to Camelot of which he meets his uncle Gaius whom he hasn't seen since his youth shortly before the Great Purge. Just as the Series goes Merlin becomes Arthur's manservant, which is clueless of Merlin's past much like Uther who doesn't remember half of the people he wronged.

In the Challenge everything is found out, of which the plot is up to you.

Points of the Challenge:

1) The reason why Merlin wears that scarf around his neck is to hide his slave mark.

2) The name "Merlin" is his slave name; a name that Merlin's first Master picked for him because Merlin's family crest was that of a Dragon and a Merlin falcon, something that Merlin's first master said that his name should be something from his past before he became a slave. Hense Merlin picked that name when his first Master suggents it.

3) Including Arthur Merlin had 7 Masters. Arthur is the first he willing serves.

4) Slash is okay.

Good Luck!

--FireChildSlytherin5

9/29/2010 . Edited 12/11/2011 #8
FireChildSlytherin5

Before the Purge Challenge

-

This Challenge is about what happened to all the characters BEFORE the Great Purge. Explain how Uthur and Ygraine marriage, how Balinor & Hunith met, how Merlin and Arthur was born, how those two were bonded. Really ANYTHING you can think of.

-

List of people that has to be explained who they were before and what happened to them after the Purge.

1) Hunith

2) Balinor

3) Gaius

4) Alice

5) Uther

6) Cenred

7) Ygraine

8) Merlin

9) Arthur

10) Morgana

11) Morgause

12) Nimueh

13) the Great Dragon

And whoever you guys think.

Good Luck

--Marsha

11/8/2010 #9
FireChildSlytherin5

Of Dragons and Dragonlords Challenge

-

Warnings: Anything that the Author states.

-

This challenge is a Crossover between Merlin BBC and the movie How to Train Your Dragon.

The challenge is about how Dragonlords came into being, as Hiccup from HtTyD became the first, but how did others after him become one themselves? How is Hiccup is connected to Merlin seeing he is the last?

This can be a one-shot or a chapter story. It can have slash in it and any parting is fine.

Good Luck.

--FireChildSlytherin5

1/10/2011 . Edited 12/11/2011 #10
FireChildSlytherin5

Unicorn Trail Challenge

-

Warnings: Crossover with Harry Potter. Golden Trio Bashing.

-

This is a CROSSOVER between the TV series Merlin BBC and Harry Potter.

Set on the first book in Harry Potter: what if the unicorn killings was much more then a sinful crime? As we seen in Merlin BBC, in their legends state that if a unicorn is killed then a curse will fall over the person who killed it. The only way to lift the curse is if the killer proves themselves to be pure of heart, like the unicorn. And their protector is called The Keeper of the Unicorns.

As such Voldemort is cursed, however in a way that has not seen from the Old Religion in eons. It was then that Merlin and Arthur come to Hogwarts to investigate. Chaos through out the Magical community because they haven't been seen in 1000s of years; thought to be dead.

There will be NO OCs! Any parting is fine. Golden Trio bashing!

Good Luck.

--FireChildSlytherin5

2/16/2011 . Edited 12/11/2011 #11
FireChildSlytherin5

Arthur, Creature of Magic Challenge

-

Warnings: Magickal Arthur.

What if it was ARTHUR who had the gifts not Morgana? Able to do magick, see the future? How would Arthur also being a creature of magic like Merlin would destiny be easier or a wee bit harder?

Slash is okay in this story.

Good Luck.

--FireChildSlytherin5

3/13/2011 . Edited 12/11/2011 #12
FireChildSlytherin5

Merlin Challenge:

Arthur, Creature of Magic Challenge

-

Challenge:what if it was ARTHUR who had the gifts not Morgana? Able to do magick, see the future? How would Arthur also being a creature of magic like Merlin would destiny be easier or a wee bit harder?

Slash is okay in this story.

Title: A Kind Of Magic

Summary:What if Arthur was the one to get the visions and magic instead of Morgana? Possible eventual Merlin/Arthur slash.

Rate:T

Warnings:AU, Slash (possible)

Language:English

Genres:Romance

Crossover:No

Complete:Yes

Two Main Characters:Arthur and Merlin

URL:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6752562/1/A_Kind_Of_Magic

4/13/2011 #13
FireChildSlytherin5

Rebirth of the Dragonlords Challenge

-

Warning: mpreg

To bring back A New Age of the Dragonlords Merlin must do the unthinkable; he has to get pregnant. However the gift is past Father to Son, to bring back a New Age of the Dragonlords and Dragons, he has to lay eggs born from his own magick and the reunion of the "father" that may be born as human or dragon.

-

You have a choice to make this slash ofANYparting: Arthur, Gwaine, Kilgharrah etc.

--FireChildSlytheirn5

12/8/2011 . Edited 12/9/2011 #14
FireChildSlytherin5

Agravaine's Lost Love Challenge

-

Agravaine has been loyal to Morgana for over a year. The plan on killing Arthur is in place along with that fool of a servant that follows him. However in the moment when he turned the corner heading to the Great Hall to speck with Arthur; it was then he saw the woman he thought long dead during the Great Purge; Hunith. It was then that his loyalty is tested; will he he destroy the son of the murderer of his sister again loose the love of his life or will he turn from his revenge and began a life he always wanted?

-

Hunith/Agravaine parting Challenge! No slash on this guys, however there can be bro-mance of course. This challenge you can go either way. Agravaine stay evil or becomes a good guy in the end with Merlin accepting him as "daddy". LOL

Good luck on this. And always post your story below if you take this Challenge.

--FireChildSlytherin5

12/9/2011 . Edited 12/9/2011 #15
FireChildSlytherin5

Merlin's Bride Challnege

-

Merlin's mother Hunith has one goal as she visited Camelot; to get her son a wife. The girl has be perfect, equal to Merlin in knowledge of both magick and the healing arts. How to find such a woman in a place where Magick is forbidden? With the help of the Druids, Freya is brought back to life.

-

Merlin/Freya challenge! :) Good luck.

--FireChildSlytheirn5

12/11/2011 #16
FireChildSlytherin5

The Bond of Freya Challenge

-

Warnings: Series 4 Spoilers.

-

After Arthur and Gwen's wedding, Merlin realized that he been lonely and thought about his first & only love, Freya. When he is told by the Druid Elder, Iseldir that he is able to bring her back into his life Merlin needs to make a choice: leave Arthur unprotected possibly leave his Destiny or live a life he always wanted with Freya.

-

A/N: Merlin/Freya story peoples! Who doesn't love that parting?

As always good luck and please post your fic here if you do this challenge

--FCS5

12/29/2011 . Edited 12/29/2011 #17
FireChildSlytherin5

Priest Merlin Challenge

-

Warnings: Spoilers up to 4x7 "the Secret Sharer"

-

The Druids wish Merlin to be fully trained in the Magickal arts, fearing that Morgana's army will not only beat Arthur but destroy Merlin as well. So with the help of Alator of Catha and a Druid Elder Iseldir Merlin now have Elders to teach him how to use his Magick not only for good but about the Old Religion as well and maybe in the future he became a Priest as well.

-

A/N: Anyone else think Merlin needs more training about different types of magickANDthe Old Religion other then what Gaius (even though he is a good teacher) teaches him other then reading about it and "testing" spells & whatnotWITHOUTthe fear of being found out in Camelot? And also I would LOVE to see stories more in depth with those two Druid Priests: the Warrior Priest Alator and the of course the Druid Elder that seem to know everything & pops up whenever we seen good druids, Iseldir. AndWHYcan't we meet good Priestesses other then the three we all know and love?

I figured I wasn't the only one. ^^ Bring it on with awesome fics!

--FireChildSlytherin5

12/29/2011 . Edited 12/29/2011 #18
FireChildSlytherin5

Dragons in Camelot Challenge

-

Warnings: Spoilers up to Season 4 Aithusa (At least)

-

To be closer to their Dragonlord, both Kilgharrah and young Aithusa choose to use their own magick to change themselves into their Human forms. What will Camelot be like when not one but two free dragons running around? What will Kilgharrah teach Merlin as he is now with him 24/7 and young Aithusa who views his/her Dragonlord as Momma?

-

A/N: I always viewed Kilgharrah as his voice actor himself such as he was in the movie Immortals or in the Harry Potter series (or any other movie he done, just movies where he is wise mentor). Aithusa I hope is a girl so their will be dragons in the future. So you can view him/her either which gender that was just my opinion. And I LOVE the thought of young Aithusa calls Merlin mother. :) Its just a silly fangirl thing. You can put "daddy" if you wish.

There CAN be slash, such as Arthur/Merlin and Arthur can be "daddy". Story up to you. Good luck.

--FireChildSlytherin5

12/31/2011 . Edited 12/31/2011 #19
FireChildSlytherin5

Finding Hunith Challenge.

-

Warnings: Spoilers up to Season 4

-

What happened to Hunith during Season 4 Episode The Sword in the Stone Part 1? Surly Merlin went back to find his mother. Who helped save her from Agravaine's men? No where would the rest of the surviving people of Ealdor go now to live?

Good Luck.

-

FCS5 notes: This epsiode pissed me off cause I was like...Where did Hunith go? And I was hoping to see a sence where Merlin was freaky out about his mother might be dead or something. So I made this Challenge to see what you guys can come up with. You can have Hunith be dead, however personilty I don't like reading fics where she dies cause really, Merlin need his sweet mama he doesn't need anyone in the family to die.

1/29/2012 #20
FireChildSlytherin5

Hunith; Teacher and Healer Challenge

-

Spoilers: Season 2 Spoilers at least.

-

After the death of King Cenred the kingdom is now have no king and became a "no man's land". Hunith leaving Eldor and head off to Camelot. There she will be woman's healer, help Gaius and became Camelot's first school teacher.

-

FCS5 Notes: This is just a small plot bunny I thought randomly as I Reviewed a story. Merlin can read and write, so it must be Hunith that taught him. Back then the common people can only read and write their own names and nothing else. So it a oddity that Merlin can.

4/7/2012 #21
Ocean Mint Leaves

Hello :D are you still doing this? I'd love to give this prompt a try!

4/8/2012 #22
FireChildSlytherin5

Aithusa, the White Dragon in HP Challenge.

-0-

Spoilers: At least Season 4 "Aithusa: epsiode. Crossover with HP (All books/movies) -

-0-

Aithusa had a hard life ever since the fall of King Arthur and lost the connection to his Dragonlord. How many years has been past he does not know and he hasn't spoken to anyone in a long time. And being chained in the deepest caves of Grigotts the wizard bank guarding the riches beneath was his life now. Until 3 human teenagers decided wake him up rudely and use him as a horse. He would've eaten them however they had a same goal and that was to escape. Now free he will search for his Dragonlord, Merlin.

-0-

FCS5 Note: I just had a duh moment at work the other day and I connected the two white dragons in both in Merlin BBC and the dragon in the HP Part 2 movie. And its sad and ironic that Aithusa would too be chained in a cave. And I just LOVE Merlin BBC/HP crossover fics where Merlin is alive. This can be drabbled one-shot or a chapter-ed story. Anyone goes in this one. Good Luck. --Marsha

4/20/2012 . Edited 5/11/2012 #23
FireChildSlytherin5

Druid Love Story Challenge.

-

Spoilers:Hunith/Iseldir parting | After Season 4 The Sword in the Stone Part 1

-

Ever since Iseldir saw the woman who gracefully came onto their camp seeking shelter & protection, he felt attracted to her and connected to her somehow. She spoke of a son that will soon arrived for it was he who told her to find them. This puzzled him to no end as no one but the other Druids and those of the Old Religion knew how to find them. Is she a spy of Morgana's? Or is there someone more about Hunith that meets the eye?

-

FCS5 Note:It appears I love parting with Hunith to ever guy I see in the episodes. Well I love Hunith character and no one seem to write about her so I figured part her with a guy would help. :P Well I too love Iseldir the Elder Druid. This is my take on what happened to Hunith after she escaped during the Final Episode Part 1 in Season 4.

Good Luck. :)

4/29/2012 . Edited 4/29/2012 #24
FireChildSlytherin5

The Great Purge Records Challenge

-

Spoilers: At least up to Series 2 or 3.

-

Geoffrey is not only the Liberian of Camelot but the keeper & writer of records. Ever since Merlin came into the Kingdom and became the Manservant of Prince/King Arthur Geoffrey knew of the boy's magick gifts and his lineage. Anyone who knew Balinor would know this boy is the Dragonlord's son. There is reason why he allow the young boy go through forbidden books away from the public eye. Lucky for him he and Gaius is under oath: what secrets is there to hide from the Royal Family that even Uther has chosen forget and not tell his own son? What terrbite truths that needs to be remembered?

-

FCS5 Note: I always like the character Geoffrey and the fact that there is so many records of the Purge thats been hinted in the series. I thought, would Merlin be in there somewhere? His father Balinor would I would think and Gaius whom I always view as Merlin's Uncle (even though it never said in the Series but interviews it has been said). Uther had bad Geoffrey and Gaius vow not to open or speck of the Great Purg Records...my thought is to why and what is in there? Go for it, my writers. Good Luck.

4/29/2012 #25
FireChildSlytherin5

Seeds of Doubt Challegne

-

Spoilers: Post Season 4. Dark.

-

With everything coming down, Merlin's destiny is crumbing; his loyalty tested time and time again. Until one day Merlin have to make a choice after a prisoner is brought to King Arthur, accused of using magick, her name is Freya. What will Merlin do? Let Freya die again under Arthur's hand or will he save her and risk his destiny?

-

FCS5 Notes: I love fics where Merlin choose between his Destiny and that of his people mainly his mother or a friend. Good luck.

--Marsha

5/12/2012 #26
FireChildSlytherin5

The Warlock and the Princess Challenge

-

Spoilers: Any Season in Merlin Crossover with Brave (2012) Royal!Merlin

-

We all know that the Old King from the legend had four sons but what if he had a witch daughter as well whom he given lands where magick dwell? What would happen if not only the three clans come for the hand of marriage to Merida years later from the movie but a forth as well from that Daughter's clan? As the first born son of the Lord Hunith, can Merlin whom had finished his destiny to Arthur can win the heart of Merida?

-

FCS5 Notes: I had this crazy thought when they spoke of the King of the legend that had four sons whom he equally given them to rule but what if he had a daughter? And I love crossovers so I figured why not crossover with this tv show? There is a un-crossover challenge with the same plot if you do not want to do this challenge as a crossover.

Good Luck!

6/24/2012 . Edited 6/24/2012 #27
Forum Moderators: FireChildSlytherin5
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member