Starvation
Are you starving for something good to read, or just hungry for something to write? Can your fic stand up in the hunger games of authors? two games; monthly one shot challenges and a quarter quell of multichapter fic contest. Are the odds in your favor?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Starvation Administrator

Any questions or discussion on the writing challenge, go ahead and post here, I'll answer any questions you might have.

2/19/2010 . Edited 3/12/2012 #1
Abandoned.See new ZefronsAngel

Hi! I didn't notice this thread, so I already asked you questions about the challenge through PM. Sorry:(

6/10/2010 #2
Starvation Administrator

no problem

6/10/2010 #3
WashedinSilver

nevermind.. I figured out my question..

6/10/2010 . Edited 6/11/2010 #4
Starvation Administrator

Washedinsilver, you're more than welcome to ask.

6/13/2010 #5
Penelope Wendy Bing

Are you going to have more prompts? I've always been far too busy keeping up my multichap and having school and such, but now that shcool's finally ending I was hoping I'd be able to participate. Will there be another oneshot challenge?

6/16/2010 #6
Kate of Carlay

We have a new prompt every month, right now e dont because we're taking some time to get our other competition moving and our last challenge had some delayed due date problems but the next prompt will be up by July 1st in the mean time you should check out the Quarter Quell so you can nominate your favorites. :D

6/16/2010 #7
Rowena of Naxen

Just to add to what Kate said, it's usually a prompt every month, but May's challenge was extended two weeks so we're in the rare situation of not having a prompt right now! But the next one will be up July 1st.

6/16/2010 #8
Penelope Wendy Bing

Alright. Thanks.

6/16/2010 #9
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread

I have a question!

I can't PM Emily Cha, how am I supposed to alert her to the fact that I want to enter my fic in this months contest! *distresssssss*

It's called "Free For the Taking". Help me!

8/15/2010 #10
Kate of Carlay

like you've done, get someone's attention on here, then mention it in tributes. if she doesn't see it by the day before the due date, Rowena or I will make suree its added to the entry list.

8/16/2010 #11
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread

Hehe. Thanks, I ended up getting Private Messaging to work, anyway.

Thank you :).

8/16/2010 #12
Kate of Carlay

I am copy and pasting the questions posted in the HG challenge thread into here.....

EvalynnRose i know that light was the prompt for October, but did it carry over to November now? If so, why is it still due October 31? ~Eva Reply

Penelope Wendy Bing No, the prompt is only for October. Entries are closed as of midnight tonight.

EvalynnRose Why does it say November 2010? What will the November prompt be then?

11/3/2010 #13
Hero of the Dark

I think that was an accident...

11/3/2010 #14
Kate of Carlay

Probably but thats okay, this should help people keep things straight

11/3/2010 #15
koalakoala

I just want to make sure; the rules don't specifically say anything against it. Can you enter more than one story per month?

11/9/2010 #16
Kate of Carlay

Sorry about the confusion with that. Technically no you are only supposed to have one official entry for the competition, but if you write more than one, we wouldn't mind if you mentioned that it was inspired by the prompt here or something. :D

11/10/2010 #17
Writting2StayHalfSane

I know I'm not around here all the time, but I was wondering how/if I could ever be a judge for a one-shot challenge. I've submitted to two of them now (Broken and Perfection), and I've found it to be a lot of fun. Also, I might be a little bit of a sucker for power. That can't be all bad can it? :P

Thanks, regardless of the answer, because I know you guys are awesome like that. ;)

11/10/2010 #18
Kate of Carlay

haha, no power is never bad,just look at me and ignore all the people grumbling something about a dictator ;D

Anyway, most people just submit a request in the gamemaker thread, just let me see whats open over there, I think its march. And then I'll stick your name on the list :D

11/10/2010 #19
Writting2StayHalfSane

I'm back with another question! Is the monthly prompt restricted to a one-shot? I would never have a time for a multi-chaptered fic, but I was wondering if a two-shot would be okay.

12/16/2010 #20
Kate of Carlay

After reviweing the rules, I have decided I did not like that aspect of them. UNder section "writing" rule 1 has been changed so that it now states the "Entries must be a written piece that is no less than 100 words unless specified otherwise. *Edited 12/16/10"

SO now it removes any issues our friends who write short poetry might find, the drabblers (like I find myself doing somedays), and multi chapter pieces including two shot so long as it follows the other rulings. Just remember that all entries must have a publishing date with the time frame of the competition, and muct be COMPLETE by the end of the competition. :D

So in simple terms, yes you may write your two shot.

12/16/2010 #21
Skia9

I'm a bit confused on the process of choosing a prompt. Could someone please explain?

1/8/2011 #22
RipredtheGnawer

I just wanna ask, when do we find out who won the december prompt?

1/9/2011 #23
Kate of Carlay

Prompts are decied between the previous judge, and the current judge. So for example February's prompt would be decided by Clara and myself because Clara is January's judge, and I'm Febuary. So the prompt can really be just about anything. Most of us choose one word deals, but we may have quotes, or scenarios, etc. It just depends on the judge.

The December games had a hiccup in the time frame due to a minor problem. So the judging on last month was also delayed slightly. SO as soon as the judge gets time to decide and post they will be up. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

1/9/2011 #24
Hannah the Scribe

My Question:

I know I'm still pretty new... but I wanted to know if I could judge for January? I posted it in the Gamemaker's thread, but I'm not getting an answer...

2/20/2011 #25
NameofHonesty
i know this may seem db but how do u enter for feburary's prompt? Sony hve to pm a judge or do they find it on the achrive?
2/25/2011 #26
Kate of Carlay
Its best to send the url to the judge, aka me, in a pm
2/25/2011 #27
Hannah the Scribe

I have ANOTHER question!:

Is the one-shot challenge ALWAYS monthly? Or does it change occasionally?

2/25/2011 #28
Kate of Carlay

It is always monthly unless there was some issue in getting it started to begin with.

2/28/2011 #29
Hannah the Scribe

Okay, thanks Kate! (And sorry for my oh-so-frequent stupid questions....) But I'm still not getting a response to my one about judging....

2/28/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Starvation Administrator Hannah the Scribe, Rowena of Naxen, Kate of Carlay
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member