Band Geeks Unite!
No one ever seems to understand what band's all about. Ever notice how no one ever gets band jokes? Finally, somewhere where band geeks can come and just be themselves.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
fluticcoloSV

any captains/ section leaders with sections that whine way too much. I am captain of the flute section and had a freshman go balistic at one of our games and started breathing heavy and screaming that she didn't feel good. She was shaking and our drum major carried her back to the band room. She is mad at me and claims i gave her a panic attack by telling her to fix her horn angle. WOW! She said shes tired of me yelling at her to fix it. I told her if she fixed it i wouldnt have to keep telling her to. We have a huge fight going on in our section and we are pretty much split. Freshman V. vets with the exception of one freshman on my side. Im tired of them whining

11/12/2008 #1
listentothemusic

I kind of have a similar problem...well, kind of the opposite.

I am flute section leader (as a freshman) and all of them are freshmen, too, except for one sophomore. Actually, the sophomore is the only one who cares when I say anything. None of them listen. Basically, they will do the opposite of anything I tell them. I say don't forget the visual (which they never do), they omit it on purpose. I say keep your horn up, they droop on purpose.

I know what you mean about a split section. It's usually me, one of my friends, and the sophomore against everybody else.

11/12/2008 #2
Mam'zelleCombeferre

We have 7 new freshman and they are all pretty good, except for our freshman tenor sax who always complains that its too hot or that his instrument is too heavy. I want to tell him that its too bad because if you wanted a lighter instrument you should of played the flute!!! No offense to any flute players!!!

9/5/2009 #3
Chylsy
In my experience, it's just Rookies in general, no offense to ALL rookies, but they're mainly the ones who aren't used to anything and THINK they're amazing when they're so not.----- But, I'm a Sophomore we naturally hate Freshmen [:P]
5/8/2010 #4
Mam'zelleCombeferre

So agreed!!!!!!!! Sophmore's rock. Not as cool as juniors though. :)

5/9/2010 #5
Chylsy
Juniors start rocking in July :P
5/10/2010 #6
Mam'zelleCombeferre

Very true. 16 more days of school........

5/11/2010 #7
Chylsy
Bleh. Haha.
5/12/2010 #8
Mam'zelleCombeferre

Can't wait. Summer, a week of relaxing and then the real fun begins. :) Theater rehearsals start on June 6th I think. :)

5/13/2010 #9
Chylsy
What are theater rehearsals?
5/13/2010 #10
Mam'zelleCombeferre

I do my counties drama program and we have rehearsals for the summer musical.

5/17/2010 #11
genderless-but straight

i think i have a complete opposite problem, i'm the flute section leader and my flutes listen to me really well i'm just way too scared that i'm gonna mess something up.

i think i'm just paranoid that the three none freshman/new members of my section will feel the need to complain about me being section leader ):

8/5/2010 #12
beth96108

I'm a Trombone Sophomore and our section leader and I was asked by one of our fish "If we were going to be outside" during marching band practice one morning. Our section leader gave him the funniest look and I slapped him on the back of the neck.

9/1/2013 #13
Forum Moderators: Bressa W
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member