Bakugan Winter Awards 2010
I've decided that since there has never been an award show that has worked, I will make my own. Come cast your votes for your favorite authors and their stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
ShebaBaby

Hi everyone! I hope that I am not violating your forum's rules by posting this. If I am, Moderator, feel free to delete this post.

My name is Jimisha Relerford. I am a longtime reader and not-so-longtime writer of fanfiction (I'm currently working on my first fic, the first of a BtVS/AtS series). However, I'm posting here because I am a graduate student at Georgia State University, and I am conducting a survey about online fanfiction for one of my classes. You have to be an adult to fill out the survey, but that's the only requirement! If you are 18 years of age or older and would like to help me out by completing a very short (5 minutes, tops) survey (please do!), then please read the consent information below and and follow this URL:

Georgia State University, Department of English Informed Consent; Title: African Americans and Online Fanfiction; Principal Investigator: Dr. Jennifer L. Bowie; Student Investigator: Jimisha I. Relerford;

I. Purpose You are invited to complete a research survey. The research will study demographic trends in online fanfiction communities, specifically African Americans' involvement in online fanfiction communities. It will help develop scholars' understanding of African Americans' involvement in new media practices and participatory fan culture. You are a member of the target population for one of the subject groups for this study. A total of 175 participants will be recruited for this study. Participation will require 10 to 15 minutes of your time. II. Procedures: If you decide to participate, you will complete a 10 to 15 minute survey. The survey will ask questions about your online fanfiction activities. It will be completed in one session. You must be 18 years or age or older to participate. III. Risks: This study won't involve any more risks than you would in a normal day of life. IV. Benefits: This study will provide information about online fanfiction participation and about African Americans, new media, and participatory culture. V. Voluntary Participation and Withdrawal: Participation in research is voluntary. You do not have to be in this study. You may drop out of this study at any time. You may skip questions or stop participating at any time. VI. Confidentiality: We will keep your records private to the extent allowed by law. Jimisha Relerford (Student PI) will have access to the information you provide. Information may also be shared with those who make sure the study is done correctly (GSU Institutional Review Board, the Office for Human Research Protection (OHRP), and the PI). Your name and other facts that might point to you will not appear in this study. The findings will be summarized and reported in group form. You will not be identified personally. Note that in an online survey, data sent over the Internet may not be secure. However, we will make every effort to protect your information. VII. Contact Persons: Contact Jimisha Relerford (Student PI) at (404) 935-1421 or at if you have questions. If you have questions or concerns about your rights as a participant in this study, you may contact Susan Vogtner in the Office of Research Integrity at 404-413-3513 or . VIII. Copy of Consent Form to Subject: You may print and keep a copy of this form for your records. If you agree to participate in this research, please copy and paste the URL given above into your browser.

Thank you! =)

11/16/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: HeRetOhElPYou
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member