The Red vs Blue Review Crew
We went decoy Jew-ing, interrobanged York and all we got was this stupid forum.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
mutemockingjay

Cause he's everyone's favorite Freelancer. 8D

I've always got the impression that even before Epsilon Wash kind of had this brilliantly smart but arrogant thing going on. It was more obvious in Reconstruction, when he was dealing with the Reds and Blues. You could pretty much tell he was mentally facepalming every time one of them opened their mouths.

4/2/2010 #1
UnnaturalKetchupTaco

I love watching Reconstruction, just because of the way they act around Wash, and watching his reaction to them.

4/2/2010 #2
mutemockingjay

It's my favorite season.

For each character I write I sort of have a mental image of them out of their armor, at some point in their lives. This is mine for Wash:

He is seventeen years old, messy brown hair falling into his eyes- bright blue eyes- as he sits under a tree in Central Park, reading the Onion. He's somewhat of a nerd, I suppose, but he still has that slightly arrogant smile of someone who knows they are brilliant and semi-hot at the same time.

I kind of imagine him to be a prep school kid- good breeding, Upper East Side type. Or maybe Upper West Side. Either way.

...Probably not the mental image most people see, but I'm just weird like that.

4/2/2010 #3
GKingOfFez

I reckon he had a good upbringing. You know, rich parents, big house, a few servants. A city boy.

Probably not many friends and more focussed on the future than the present.

He probably had a life plan. Everything set out exactly perfect.

Maybe his father was a retired officer and that's what inspired him to join the military.

He definitely had a sense of Duty. Duty to his planet and his family.

Epsilon derailed his entire life.

4/2/2010 #4
mutemockingjay

I reckon he had a good upbringing. You know, rich parents, big house, a few servants. A city boy.

Yeah, that's what I mean about the Upper East Side, but that;s in New York City, so that probably doesn't make sense to you. :K

Maybe his father was a retired officer and that's what inspired him to join the military.

Ooh, that's an interesting idea- never thought of it that way before.

He definitely had a sense of Duty. Duty to his planet and his family.

Oh yeah. Definitely.

4/2/2010 #5
GKingOfFez

He went just a tiny bit to far.

4/2/2010 #6
mutemockingjay

Yeah. I kind of do wonder, though, what he felt for South that made him disobey Command in Recovery One, and pretend to kill her.

4/3/2010 #7
AColdAndBrokenHallelujah

I think that once, they were in love. But then he went crazy, and in one of his moments of clarity, he told South that he didn't love her anymore, because he thought that she deserved more then a half crazy man.

But then he was hurt when she left so easily. So he was bitter, but he still loved her.

4/5/2010 #8
mutemockingjay

I sort of imagined him pushing her away as Epsilon's mind began to unravel. *nod*

Speaking of that, I found this poem that instantly reminds me of Wash:

---

Much madness is divinest sense

To a discerning eye;

Much sense the starkest madness.

'T is the majority

In this, as all, prevails.

Assent, and you are sane;

Demur- and you're straightaway dangerous

And handled with a chain.

- Emily Dickinson

4/10/2010 #9
AColdAndBrokenHallelujah

Nice poem :D

I like how in the first episode of Reconstruction, when the person on the screen says, "We feel some responsibility for that," and then Wash says, "You should." I think that's how he is. He knows who's wrong, and isn't afraid to call them on it.

4/12/2010 #10
DarkGidora

I think his speech at the end of Recreation, where he says he's not going to ask the Blues for the epsilon, shows that he's finally reached hisbreaking point. He's been pushed around for so long and been through so much, he's willing to do anything in order to get out.

4/12/2010 #11
mutemockingjay

I like how in the first episode of Reconstruction, when the person on the screen says, "We feel some responsibility for that," and then Wash says, "You should." I think that's how he is. He knows who's wrong, and isn't afraid to call them on it.

He is also well trained in the art of discretion, considering he kept Epsilon secrets all to himself, despite the deterioration of his own mind.

It would go with the background G and I agreed on- the prep school kind of upper class rich kid. Discretion is drilled into you when you live in that world.

I think his speech at the end of Recreation, where he says he's not going to ask the Blues for the epsilon, shows that he's finally reached hisbreaking point. He's been pushed around for so long and been through so much, he's willing to do anything in order to get out.

Yep, I think so, too.

I still cling to my Wash/South theory in that regard, too. *nod*

4/12/2010 #12
GKingOfFez

At this point, everyone else has used him to get what they want, (e.g. South and her overwhelming survival instinct) and now he's at that point where he's doing the exact same thing. And it ain't gonna help him in the long run.

4/17/2010 #13
UnnaturalKetchupTaco

What do you think Wash looks like without his armor?

4/20/2010 #14
AColdAndBrokenHallelujah

Darkish brown hair, dark blue eyes. About 6"1 or 6"2.

4/20/2010 #15
GKingOfFez

I really like how Luke Mckay has drawn him.

Link:

4/20/2010 #16
GKingOfFez

Oh and my Av.

4/20/2010 #17
Mr. Yang

That's what I was thinking.

Hey G~

4/20/2010 #18
GKingOfFez

Is that before and/or after Epsilon?

4/20/2010 #19
GKingOfFez

Hey Taco!

4/20/2010 #20
Mr. Yang

Is that before and/or after Epsilon?

Before. After he would probably skinnier, and maybe some gray hair.

4/20/2010 #21
GKingOfFez

Like my AV.

4/20/2010 #22
GKingOfFez

He's smoking. :(

4/20/2010 #23
mutemockingjay

What do you think Wash looks like without his armor?

Messy brown hair, blue eyes. Lulz, it seems like everyone has the same idea of what he looks like. XD

He's smoking. :(

DDDD8

"My" South does, but only when she's stressed. A little character quirk I based on myself, actually. I've never smoked, hate the stuff, but when I'm super stressed I have like, a craving for it. More cravings for pot, though (I have never done that either).

4/21/2010 #24
mutemockingjay

I like that Luke McKay one. However, I don't like the way he drew South- in his drawing she is a spitting image of Mai from Avatar. I mean, Mai is okay, but it doesn't suit South's personality at all.

4/21/2010 #25
UnnaturalKetchupTaco

However, I don't like the way he drew South- in his drawing she is a spitting image of Mai from Avatar. I mean, Mai is okay, but it doesn't suit South's personality at all.

I don't like the way he drew South either. She looks too old and serious.

Avatar the Last Airbender, or the movie with the blue people? Yay for blue people!

Random Fact: Yesterday was Nat'l Pot Day. xDD

4/21/2010 . Edited 4/21/2010 #26
AColdAndBrokenHallelujah

I think that they're both pretty young, early to mid twenties.

Yay for smurfs!

4/21/2010 #27
mutemockingjay

Avatar the Last Airbender, or the movie with the blue people? Yay for blue people!

The former.

Fuck that other Avatar movie. They stole the name and now I have to sound fucking pretentious if I want to take about the real Avatar by calling it "The Last Airbender".

I think that they're both pretty young, early to mid twenties.

Yep! I think most of the Freelancers are, though, It seems like Sarge would be the oldest character in the series.

4/21/2010 #28
UnnaturalKetchupTaco

Fuck that other Avatar movie. They stole the name and now I have to sound fucking pretentious if I want to take about the real Avatar by calling it "The Last Airbender".

I've never seen Avatar the movie. I've watched a couple of Avatar the Last Airbender, but that was awhile ago. Mai was the girl that could control water, right?

Yep! I think most of the Freelancers are, though, It seems like Sarge would be the oldest character in the series.Sarge is definately the oldest. I imagine him as late forties to early fifties.

4/21/2010 . Edited 4/21/2010 #29
mutemockingjay

I've never seen Avatar the movie. I've watched a couple of Avatar the Last Airbender, but that was awhile ago. Mai was the girl that could control water, right?

Nope, that's Katara. Mai is sort of Goth/miserable, and she looks exactly like the drawing of South Luke McKay did. Which doesn't suit South in the slightest.

The one his did of Wash is pretty dead on, though. I think its weird how I've come across quite a few fics where Wash has a similar background to the one I gave him. XD

Sarge is definately the oldest. I imagine him as late forties to early fifties.

I wonder what Sarge looks like without his helmet...though I suppose that belongs in the Sarge thread.

4/21/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: mutemockingjay Arctick Child, Needs Moar York, Martienne, GKingOfFez, Corrupted Lament
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member