The Red vs Blue Review Crew
We went decoy Jew-ing, interrobanged York and all we got was this stupid forum.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Arctick Child

What is Carolina like? A leader, proud, kind, etc? Bitchy? Superior? What helps you write her? Who is she?

9/7/2011 #1
skywalker05

As much as I (and CT) think Carolina is kindof a jerk, she's also an interesting character. I think she's very capable, and comfortable being on the top spot: she just doesn't know how to deal with people who aren't. She's a leader and a motivator. She also manages to get on nearly everyone's bad side, even the training pilot. I kindof want to write a fic around the concept of "Carolina's best friend is FLYSS."

9/7/2011 #2
Arctick Child

I agree. Carolina is very much the Alpha female - she's used to being the best and being treated well for it. I disagree that she manages to get on everyone's bad side, though - from what I could see, only CT and South seem to have much of a problem with her. I actually kind of like Carolina, to be honest; she's confident and can focus easily, but she doesn't let that stop her from trying to help out her team.

Although, she does seem to be a bit of a show off.

9/7/2011 . Edited 9/7/2011 #3
UnnaturalKetchupTaco

She seemed to be the most visibly upset with York's injury. Especially at the end when it faded to black, I think she was the one that yelled his name.

9/7/2011 #4
Arctick Child

Yeah, she really seems to care about York. It's kind of cute. I look forward to seeing if she cares that much about the rest of the Freelancers, but I doubt it.

9/7/2011 #5
skywalker05

True, she did show more humanity there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we so far only seen her interact with CT and the twins? And the pilot. Maybe she is nicer to the others. CT and South are sortof anti-establishment, and Carolina is pro-establishment...if not as much as Wash. XD

9/7/2011 #6
Arctick Child

I think Carolina feels threatened by CT and South. They are two strong, powerful women, and they're both gunning for her seat. She needs to keep her Alpha ranking, and she doesn't like to think that they can challenge her.

Like I said, she's used to being on top. And she wants it to stay that way.

9/7/2011 #7
skywalker05

I'd agree with that.

9/7/2011 #8
Yaini

Carolina is very much the Alpha female - she's used to being the best and being treated well for it.I agree with her being used to being the best but I argue the treated well part. She seems used to being apart from the others, and not demanding of their respect. she's confident Agreed. She knows her own abilities and her strengths and weaknesses.

9/11/2011 #9
Arctick Child

I didn't mean she demanded their respect or servitude. I mean that she likes being sent out on the most dangerous missions, that she enjoys being the one to save the others' asses. She likes being the best at everything, because it means she has certain perks that the others don't.

9/11/2011 #10
AColdAndBrokenHallelujah

When you're in a group situation and you hold yourself to a higher standard then everyone else, sometimes you have to be a bitch. It's just how you get people to do what you need them to do.

Think of it this way: she's just the bitchy, perfectionist student in a group of students who she thinks aren't working hard enough, and she thinks she has to yell and shout to get them to work.

9/11/2011 #11
Forum Moderators: mutemockingjay Arctick Child, Needs Moar York, Martienne, GKingOfFez, Corrupted Lament
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member