Hogwarts OnlineCLOSED see summary
we are closed. Check out our new forum. HOGWARTS Online II. WELCOME! WELCOME! To Hogwarts school of Witch craft and Wizardry a home for those of us who live and breathe the World of Magic. At our core we are a home for those looking to unite under the M
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Love From A Muggle

I know some of you are on the forum Harry Potter Fan fiction challenges forum, but I have permission from the mods and Delete-The-Girl who made the idea up.

Idea: The person above gives you a prompt and a paring. You have to write a 100-200 word Drabble using the paring and prompt. This is to help inspire you so don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and write what you normally wouldn't write. Like, I usually write Ron,hermione, harry and Ginny but with the help from the other drabble tag, I have written Harry/Draco, Draco/Neville, and Hermione/Severus.

Word count: It has to be 100-350 words

It can be: 50-100 words

or

100-250 words

or

50 words.

But I really do encourage to write longer ones, I just don't want stories up there that will be long stories.

Post the drabble in the reply so everyone can see and read it. If you want to show off your drabbles in a collection series on your own profile feel free to do so.

Also, if you want the prompt, but can't think of something right then, do it like this Placeholder for Love from a muggle's paring. Then put a prompt/paring next to it to keep the game going. You can edit the reply when you have written something

This will NOT count for points. This is strictly to help inspire, get over writers block ect. And this is to be fun.

http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/44309/26927976/1/#26974516 for more of an idea on how to play.

I'll start off with a paring and a prompt: Prompt can be ANYTHING, any quote, any object, any place.

Paring: Hermione/Draco

Prompt: Give me back my wand!

2/28/2011 . Edited 3/21/2011 #1
iMissHP

"Give me back my wand Granger!" Draco Malfoy yelled to his co-worker.

"It's only a routine check," Hermione explained. "Here, take it back. There is no need to yell nor to call me Granger."

He grabbed the wand she was giving back. "Thank you..." He hesitated before adding, "Gra..Miss Granger."

Hermione laughed. "No need to be so formal either, Draco. Hermione will do." She smiled at him.

"Okay, Hermione." The name was still odd on Draco's tongue, but he was sure he would get use to it.

_____

Pairing: Dennis/Gabrielle prompt: night

It's lovely icedpandacookies, Thanks!

2/28/2011 . Edited 2/28/2011 #2
whatabeautifulmess

It was night time, and a silvery, gold-edged star shot through the sky above them. Dennis held her, nuzzling his head into her neck.

"Make a wish, Gabrielle," he whispered into her ear.

"Make me," she whispered back, before laughing at his dumb-struck expression. Damn her self-assured, frivolous Veela attitude. And damn him for loving that about her the most.

-------

Katie Bell/George Weasley prompt: "Sock it to 'em"

Thanks Schermionie, that was lovely; way better than anything I could think of for that! And, tat, you're welcome :)

2/28/2011 . Edited 3/1/2011 #3
Schermionie

Out of interest, how restrictive is the word count guideline? Is there any room to go a bit under or over?

For icedpandacookies:

"Sock it to 'em, Katie," advises George as he squashes himself next to her on the bench. His smile is encouraging, not mischievous. It still makes her want to run.

Katie expects Fred to join him on her other side, but then she remembers that he's decided to spend this evening annoying Angelina. Thank Merlin. One Weasley twin is enough, especially when you have a pounding headache and a nearby group of abusive Slytherins to ignore. At two, she really would have run. "I'm not starting a fight," she says, more robustly than she feels.

George has always been a bit more serious than Fred; he can't see anything in their sexist remarks to poke fun at, and he wouldn't try it, either. "No, Katie, but they're trying to."

Much as she dreads his smile, she hates his frowns. She wants to tease it away. "So you're coming to my rescue, then?"

It clears as he says, "Always." But it turns to a mock-flirtatious smile as he adds, "Are you counting on it, Katie?"

"No."

Oddly enough, though, she finds her headache going.

___

Pairing: Narcissa/Gilderoy. Prompt: Comprehension

Oh that was so sweet, tat! Thank you! I loved the detail about the fancy lace and the mirror - it's love between narcissists. XD

2/28/2011 . Edited 2/28/2011 #4
iMissHP

Gilderoy can't take his eyes off of the blond girl with pretty laces in the hair. She's graceful and beautiful and sweet. She walks by him but don't pay attention to the older boy watching her, she's checking her reflexion on a mirror. He should be upset, a girl not watching him, but he is not. And comprehension dawns on him, he doesn't mind because he's in love.

______

I hope this was okay and that you don't mind the humour tone :)

Pairing: Astoria/whoever you want Prompt: prize

Thanks Star! I love it!

2/28/2011 . Edited 3/1/2011 #5
Love From A Muggle

For Tat:

Astoria's eyes were set on one person. He hardly noticed her at all, but she had a goal. She was a Greengrass after all and she could get anything she wanted. She grinned after she came out of her father's study one evening. The blonde haired witch laughed an evil laugh as she clung to the paper in her hands.

"At last, Draco Malfoy will be my prize," Astoria whispered to herself.

She folded the paper neatly and put it into her pocket for safe keeping grinning from ear to ear.

"Astoria!" Her sister's angry voice came from her father's study.

"you can't treat Draco like he is some sort of trophy. You don't even know him!" Daphne declared.

"I will know him once the marriage law comes through with our parents. He will be my husband and there is nothing you can do to stop me," Astoria grinned as she saw the hurt in Daphne's eyes.

"Why are you being so evil?"

"Don't kiss Blaize behind my back next time," Astoria walked away.

Paring: Snape/ Hermione

Prompt: I wouldn't kiss you if you were the last man on earth!

2/28/2011 . Edited 2/28/2011 #6
Love From A Muggle

Out of interest, how restrictive is the word count guideline? Is there any room to go a bit under or over

You can go up to 250 if you have to, I bent the rules a little anyways. The other place has 100-150, but I thought it should be longer.

If you have to, you can do 75 words, but I really encourage for you to do more.

Tenzin: A bit occ for the characters, but it was really good! It kinda needed to be OCC to fit the line in!

2/28/2011 . Edited 3/1/2011 #7
oh nargles

For Love From A Muggle;

Hermione glared daggers at the man befor her. Of all people to be stuck here with it had to be Snape! Harry shut the door quickly and ran.

Hermione pounded on the door and screamed. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

"NO!" Shouted Harry rather immaturely. "NOT UNTIL YOU KISS SNAPE!"

Hermione glared so hard at him that Severus felt a deep remembrance of Lily when she had been angry.

"I WOULD NEVER KISS YOU SNAPE EVEN IF YOU WERE THE LAST MAN ON EARTH! I HATE YOU MORE THAN I HATE MALFOY!"

Pairing; Blaise/Ginny

Prompt; Sickness

3/1/2011 #8
gooseberrie

For Tenzy:

She pushes past him, not even aware of his presence. But he is so very aware of hers. He stops, frozen, unable to move anywhere.

He is vaguely aware of Draco telling him to hurry up, of people staring at him, but he has eyes for only one thing.

There is one long, fiery red hair standing out starkly against his black robes.

Hers.

Later, after he has put the hair away in a velvet-lined box, he wonders why he has this sickness, this weird obsession with her.

And he realises that he doesn't care.

Pairing: Seamus/Lavender

Prompt: "Why can't you tell me the truth?"

Edit: I loved it, Professor Katy! You just made my day! :P

3/1/2011 . Edited 3/2/2011 #9
Bad Mum

For Priya:

He finds her, as he always seems to at times like this. Wordlessly he heals the cuts on her arms caused by Alecto Carrow's curse, and then holds her close as she sobs into his chest.

It is a long time before she can say anything coherent, but at last she manages to choke out, "I can't do this much longer, Seamus, I really can't."

He shakes her gently and rubs her back. "Ah, Lav, I know," he croons. "We all have days like that, but we can't give up. We just can't. We can't let them win."

She swallows hard and pulls away from him, scrubbing fiercely at her eyes with her fists. "I want to give up," she says fiercely. "I've had enough. Really. I can't do this any more." She starts to cry again, quietly, hopelessly and he pulls her back to him.

"I know," he whispers. "But you can't give up. None of us can. And we're going to win, Lav. Really we are. One day."

She laughs bitterly. "Why can't you tell me the truth?" she demands. "We aren't going to win. We haven't a hope."

He pushes her away then, and puts his hand under her chin, forcing her head up so that she can't help looking at him. "We'll win, Lavender," he tells her, and she has never heard him sound so serious or so sure. "We'll win. Just believe it."

Somehow she does.

Characters: Percy/Charlie (brother fic, not a pairing!)

Prompt: "Why do you always have to be so sure of yourself?"

(Edit: Loved it, Kara, thankyou. I wasn't sure which of the two was going to say the line, but it worked perfectly as you wrote it.)

3/1/2011 . Edited 3/1/2011 #10
Love From A Muggle

For Katy,

"Why do you always have to be so sure of yourself?" Charlie asked his brother during an argument. Percy sighed, stared at Charlie, and then looked down holding his hands.

"It's all I have,"

"Excuse me?" Charlie questioned. Percy sighed again.

"It's all I have. Bill's working with his bank so people admire him, you're lucky with the ladies and you have dragons which brings up interesting conversations, Ronald is best friends with Harry Potter, Fred and George have the joke shop, and Ginny is the only girl. I have to be smart. I have to be so sure of myself just so people are aware that I am in the room. With out it, I am nothing," Percy stopped playing with his hands.

"Perce, you're off your rocker. You have your smarts. Something none of us have!" Charlie laughed.

"Everyone has their own smarts,"

"True, but come on, let's go outside and enjoy the nice summer air. Enough of the pity party," Charlie forgot what the argument was really about.

(Hope that's what you wanted Katy)

Paring; Snape/Lily

Prompt: understanding

3/1/2011 . Edited 3/1/2011 #11
CityGirl419

Placeholder For Kara's pairing. =]

Pairing: Hermione And George

Prompt: Betrayal

Edit: I LOVE IT!!!!!! vvv

3/1/2011 . Edited 3/2/2011 #12
whatabeautifulmess

For Dest:

When he saw you kissing Fred, you managed to do something no one else could possibly have done: you made him hurt, punched a searing, burning hole in his chest. He had to concentrate every second of the day to hold himself togther. After you betrayed him. After you let him down. After you chose his twin. Even Ron wouldn't have hurt quite as much; but you, in your infinite wisdom, chose Fred.

Proud of yourself?

-----

Pairing: Luna/Blaise

Prompt: Monster

Thank you Priya; loved it!

3/2/2011 . Edited 6/2/2011 #13
gooseberrie

For Erin:

'And when I was 3 years old, I was so scared of monsters under my bed. But Daddy held my hand and showed me how the only thing that could possibly be hiding under my bed were Zany Zillers. And as I've told you, Zillers really are harmless...'

As she natters on, I sit there, under the stars, thinking about us. The truth is, we have absolutely nothing in common. I'm a cold, calculating Slytherin. And she- well, there's no other word for it. She is crazy.

She has relied on her father for most of her life; she dotes on him. I have only the vaguest memories of mine, seeing as he mysteriously died when I was 3. Her mother is dead, and mine is almost sickeningly over-powering.

If you think about it logically, we are all wrong for each other.

But love never was a very logical thing, was it?

Pairing: Katie Bell/Oliver Wood

Prompt: Cold Butterbeer

Edit: Thanks, Toff. It was fantastic!!

3/2/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #14
Toffrox33

For Priya:

Katie was proud of Oliver. She was prouder than anyone. And who wouldn't be? Anyone is proud when someone they love achieves their lifelong dream.

But of course, she couldn't escape the feeling of dread either. She missed him already as she sat in her kitchen, staring at the bottles of last night's butterbeer gone cold. And Oliver hadn't even left yet. He was still sleeping in the next room.

She would miss him more than ever, as he flew around the world, fulfilling his dream: travelling the world, playing quidditch for England! Everyone knew he would make it eventually. And Katie would travel over there whenever she could to watch his games, but knew she couldn't possibly watch them all. She would be busy at home with work, and his training schedule would increase tenfold.

Katie was prouder of Oliver than anyone. But she would miss him more than anyone, too.

---

Pairing: Bill/Fleur

Prompt: Reflection

Edit: Thanks Priya! That was perfect :D

3/2/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #15
gooseberrie

It has been a month. Such a long, long month.

In the first week, he doesn't leave the house. He is terrified of what people will say, and there is absolutely nothing you can say to convince him. Partially because you know that people will whisper and point. You hate it, but it is the truth.

In the second week, he discovers that he prefers to eat raw meat. You see the look on his face, when he tells you. He thinks that you are still marrying him out of guilt, or pity. You try to show him that you love him for who he is, not what he looks like. But he won't believe you.

In the third week, it is full moon. He isn't a true werewolf, but he still has twinges, at the full moon. You want to help him through it, but he pushes you away; he thinks he can deal with it on his own. You can hear him crying, though, when he thinks you are asleep.

In the fourth week, he asks you to take down the big mirror in your bedroom. He looks so small and lost, that you feel awful. He shouldn't be going through this, he shouldn't be living in a war. None of you should, actually.

At 27 years old, he shouldn't be scared of his reflection.

~~~~

Hope you like it, Toff! x

Pairing: Dean/Luna

Prompt: Father

Edit: Just beautiful, Erin. Thank you!!!

3/3/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #16
whatabeautifulmess

For Priya:

I find Luna crying, sitting over in a corner of the room, and walk over to her immediately.

"What's wrong, Luna?"

She sobs even harder when she hears my voice. "My father...he was going to betray Harry, give him to the Death Eaters..." She chokes on the last word annd buries her face in her hand.

I've never seen her cry before. She's always been the strong one, the one who keeps Mr Ollivander and I going with her crazy tales and plans for the future. Now she's broken down, I wonder if I'll ever see the other side of Luna again. I think she's reached her limit; hit the wall at long, long last, and just collapsed to the ground.

I'm going to miss her.

-----

Pairing: Ginny/Dean

Prompt: Quidditch

Thanks Professor! It was perfect!

3/3/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #17
Love From A Muggle

For Erin:

"Dean, I HAVE to go to Quidditch, I can't skip practice all the time," Ginny sighed as he tried pulling her close to him.

"But you're my girlfriend," Dean argued back as Ginny pulled away from him.

"Exactly, and you have to treat me with respect and you need to understand. You need to know I am an important member of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. I missed last practice and saw the look of disappointment on Harry's face. I can't let him down again," Ginny sighed as she pulled her red hair neatly into a bun.

"You can't disappoint Harry? You still love him don't you?" Dean asked pretending to sound hurt.

"Oh Merlin, not this again. Dean, I'm with you, but if you keep acting this way again I won't be with you anymore," Ginny's eyes started to tear up. She was sick of crying over Dean. He just stared at her with his arms crossed.

"Fine go,"

"Fine I will!" Ginny yelled.

Paring: Draco/Pansy

Prompt: "Never again"

3/3/2011 . Edited 3/3/2011 #18
oh nargles

For Kara:

Pansy stared at those harsh grey eyes. Draco wasn't the same anymore. He was a mere shadow and reflection of his former self. He had put up such a facade to look strong and mighty but never again would the wall come back up, not while she was alive. Pansy stood there reflecting on what had happened to Draco. For the first time in her life she felt scared and vulnerable and she had no idea why. The old Draco had always protected her, defended her against the Gryffindors and held her close when she had nightmares. The old Draco never shouted at her or told her to "piss off". Pansy now understood that even when she didn't know it Draco had been her protecter. Or as Muggles say; A guardian angel. Though Draco couldn't really be called a guardian angel, he was more of a dark knight in shining armour.

But never again would Pansy have Draco holding her close and telling her that it was alright, never again would he taunt the Gryffindors, never again would she cheer him on when he played Quidditch.

Pansy stood stock still as Draco came back and whispered to words that made her take back her decisions of never agains.

Pairing: Pansy/Blaise

Prompt: Jealousy

"I'm sorry."

3/3/2011 #19
whatabeautifulmess

For Tenzy:

I watched Draco pull Pansy into his arms and begin to eat her face (at least, that's what it looked like), Pansy responding enthusiastically. She always caved when it came to Draco, no matter how much she shouted about how she was over him now, for real this time, really honestly and truly. He said "jump", and, every time, she said "how high?" It got on my nerves, right under the skin, to the fat and muscle layers that I never thought about. Why did she let him have so much control over her? It was ridiculous; unbelievable and stupid and illogical. She should hate him. He hurt her, and she just kept going back for more. I couldn't - wouldn't - understand her, not now, not ever.

Hang on. Why am I getting so worked up over Pansy Parkinson? She looks like a malformed pug, and her personality's even more repellent that her looks. It's almost as stupid as her going back to Draco time after time. But even so, I can't really deny that I am getting worked up. Why? Am I jealous of Draco? No. Yes. I don't know anymore!

I can't believe it. I am. I'm jealous. I like Pansy. For once in his life, Blaise Zabini will be pursuing a woman, not the other way around.

Wish me luck. Not that I need it, of course.

-----

Pairing: Draco/Astoria

Prompt: Vegetables

Thank you Toff! I loved how you used the prompt; it was a bit random...

3/4/2011 . Edited 3/8/2011 #20
Toffrox33

For Erin (icedpandacookies)

"I don't understand why you don't get the house-elves to cook us dinner." Draco said. Astoria often invited him over for dinner and every time, she confused him by making him sit down at the kitchen so she could talk to him while she made dinner.

"I like cooking." Astoria told him as she chopped vegetables. "You should try it." She suggested, grinning at him over her shoulder. Draco scoffed. She knew he would.

"Yeah right." He said. Astoria laughed.

"I knew you'd say that." She teased. Draco frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Astoria sighed and rolled her eyes, but didn't answer him.

"Fine. I will try it." He said, standing up and coming to her side. Astoria raised her eyebrows.

"You're sure?"

"Yes. Show me what to do." He insisted. Astoria passed him a knife and a chopping board and had him chopping vegetables for her. "It's kind of like potions." He said after a while, as she instructed him to pour the vegetables into the cooking pot. Astoria laughed.

The two of them cooked their meal and ate it together.

"Thank you." Draco said, as he helped her wash dishes.

"For what?"

"For teaching me… You were right. It was fun." He smiled, "Maybe I could cook for you some time?"

"I'd like that." Astoria said.

"But at my place, we're making the house elves clean the dishes."

--

Huh, that turned out kind of long and random...

Pairing: Luna/Rolf Scamander

Prompt: "Excuse me, I am 100% normal, thank you very much."

Edit: Thanks Priya that was awesome! So cute ;)

3/4/2011 . Edited 3/8/2011 #21
gooseberrie

For Toff:

'No way. Absolutely no way am I working with her!'

Rolf is genuinely outraged; how can they expect him to work with Loony Lovegood?

'Mr Scamander, I really don't understand why you are so opposed to completing this project with Ms Lovegood. She is a lovely young lady.'

He has never met her, but he has heard enough to know she is trouble. His co-workers have told him about how much of a nightmare she

is; they can never get any work done when she's around.

'She's - well, even you've got to admit it - she's just not normal!'

'Excuse me, I am 100% normal, thank you very much.'

He turns sharply; a dreamy-looking blonde is standing there, looking almost as though she has wandered in by accident. And Merlin, is she gorgeous.

Quite suddenly, he is not so very upset about working with her anymore.

-------

Pairing: Fred/Angelina

Prompt: Daisy chains

Edit: I LOVELOVELOVE it, Professor! Thank you so much! :)

3/4/2011 . Edited 3/5/2011 #22
Bad Mum

For Priya:

"Will you miss me when I'm gone?" Fred asks conversationally as the two of them lie on the grass near the lake on a warm spring day. Angelina has a Transfiguration book open on her lap, but she has long since given up the pretence of working. Instead, she is making daisy chains and draping them over Fred's shoulders and hair. Fred himself never even pretended he had come out here to work.

"Gone where? Where are you going?" Angelina demands, keeping her voice light as Fred's attitude demands, but with a look of worry in her eyes that she cannot hide. "Or are you just being melodramatic?"

Fred rolls over onto his back and grins at her. "A bit of melodrama never went astray," he says. But he sobers immediately. "Seriously, Ange, I have a feeling my days in this noble establishment are numbered. Will you miss me when I'm gone?"

She shakes her head in exasperation. "Why on earth would I miss you?" she asks. "I'd enjoy a bit of peace and quiet."

Ten days later, Fred and George make their dramatic exit from education.

And two days after that, Angelina is out by the lake alone with her Transfiguration textbook making daisy chains.

She misses him.

Pairing: Ted/Andromeda

Prompt: tea and biscuits

Edit: Gorgeous Priya. Thank you!

3/4/2011 . Edited 3/5/2011 #23
gooseberrie

For Katy:

He makes her tea. She should have known then; he never makes her tea. It's always the other way around.

They sit down at the small kitchen table, and he takes her hand.

' 'Dromeda, I'm going into hiding.'

Just like that, with those five little words, he has tipped her world upside down.

'No! You can't leave me by myself!'

She sounds pathetic, needy, and she hates it. But she always was helpless when it came to him.

'I don't want to, believe me, but it's just too dangerous for me to stay.'

'So why don't you want me to come with you?'

You're just looking for an opportunity to get away from me.

'It's safer for you to stay here, love. You're a pureblood.'

'And a blood traitor. Bellatrix would gladly kill me if she got her hands on me.'

' 'Dromeda...' he begins. He has that look on his face, and she just can't refuse him.

'Fine. I can see I'm not going to be able to convince you.'

'If I had a choice, I wouldn't be leaving. But I don't, you know that.'

He offers her the plate of biscuits. There is only one left; he has eaten all the others.

'No, thanks. Ted, you know I love you, right?'

'Of course I do. I love you too, 'Dromeda. Forever.'

By the same time the next day, he is gone.

------

Wow, writing this has made me want to go write a Ted/Andromeda story!

Pairing: Justin Finch-Fletchley/Susan Bones

Prompt: 'I have friends in high places.'

Edit: Thank you so much Erin, it was perfect!

3/5/2011 . Edited 3/8/2011 #24
whatabeautifulmess

For Priya:

"Susie...Susie! Susan!"

She glares at him balefully, carefully sculpting her features into a mask. She doesn't want him to see how much she's hurting.

"What is it Justin; I told you I don't want to talk to you any more."

The look of shock that flits across his face stabs her straight through the heart. How could she let her family make her decisions for her?

"Why not, Susie? What did I do?"

She sighs deeply. "I've already told you, Just, we can't be together any more. My family doesn't like you. It's...easier this way."

"Who for?" he mutters rebelliously. She walks right up to him, staring deep into his endless eyes.

"For both of us, OK?"

"Why don't they like me? I have friends in high places too!"

"And look where that got my aunt! It makes no difference who you know, Justin; it's what's on the inside that counts. And that's what they don't like."

He sinks slowly to the ground, finally defeated. And she walks away, not looking back. She never looks back.

Sorry if that was a bit rubbish; I lost the thread of the idea halfway through...o.O

------

Pairing: Percy/Fred (as brothers, not a pairing)

Prompt: Questioning

Kait, that was great! It was NOT rubbish; it was, in fact, incredibly original - nothing like I thought anyone would come up with. Thank you!

3/8/2011 . Edited 3/10/2011 #25
thenewkait

For Erin:

"Hey, Percy. Why is it that you wear glasses?"

"Because I can't see with out them, Fred."

"Hey, Percy, why is that me and George look alike?"

"Because you're twins, Fred."

"Hey, Percy, why is momma getting bigger?"

"Because, Fred, we're going to have another little brother soon."

"Hey, Percy, why is it that Mum and Dad so happy?"

"Because, Fred, Harry Potter killed He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named."

"Hey, Percy, what House do you think I'll be in?"

"Probably Gryffindor like the rest of us, Fred."

"Hey, Percy, did you hear Harry Potter is at Hogwarts."

"Not now, Fred, I have to go study."

"Hey, Percy, did you like Egypt?"

"Can't talk now, Fred, I have important Head business to take care of."

"Hey, Weatherby, will you ever shut up about Crouch?"

"Very funny, Fred."

"Hey, Percy, when did you become such an unsufferable git?"

"Shut up, Fred. This doesn't concern you."

"Hey, Percy, why don't you just stay away. We're better without you."

"Fine, I don't need you people anyway. I'm happy with my job."

"Hey, Percy, why did you come back?"

"Because I love you, Fred, and I was wrong."

This is probably really bad rubbish but I thought it was cute so =P haha

Pairing: Padma/Terry

Prompt: Tigers

I loved it Erin!! Great job!!!

3/8/2011 . Edited 3/16/2011 #26
whatabeautifulmess

For Kait:

"...And so you see, tigers, despite their colouring, really have a very effective method of camouflage," Terry says, snapping the book shut and placing it on the table with a dull thud. I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to appear awake, and stifle a yawn against the palm of my hand.

Terry eyes me suspiciously. "You're bored, aren't you, Padma?" he asks, hurt just becoming evident in his soft brown eyes.

"NO! No, not at all!" I cry, desperate for him to think more of me than that. Even though, in truth, I am bored. Unbelievably, mind-numbingly bored. It's worth it though. It means I get to spend some time with him, alone, other than in lessons. I savour every second, and won't let myself fall asleep, no matter how dull the lectures get.

"You are. I can tell. Why do you keep asking me to tell you this stuff? You're obviously not interested."

I sigh. Should I tell him the truth this time? Or make up another story, a little white lie to keep this fantasy going a litle longer? I opt for option two. Again.

"It's not that. I'm interested, really interested. It's just...my mum's just got out of St Mungo's. She had...Dragon Pox, really bad, and I'm a bit worried about her, so I'm not sleeping too well." I smile, convinced I've fooled him, but the smile slides off of my face as I clock the small, sad smile on his.

"That's exactly the same excuse you used last week. What's really going on, Padma?"

I take a deep breath. Nothing for it but option one. "I...I r-really like you, Terry. I mean, like like you."

He looks a little flabbergasted, but not angry, so it could be worse. he opens his mouth to speak, but I turn and dart up the stairs before he can speak. I'm not really ready to hear his reaction. Later, I promise myself, I'll talk to him later. As in never.

"Padma," he calls after me, "I like like you too!"

I grin, but don't let myself turn around. Maybe I will talk to him later.

---------

Pairing: Lily Luna/Lysander

Prompt: Heads

Thanks Tenzy! That was really cool and made me laugh :)

3/10/2011 . Edited 3/12/2011 #27
oh nargles

For Erin;

"Heads! I win Lils!"

"Hmphh! You're cheating Lysander and I don't like it!"

"Come on Lils! Be a sport! I won fair and square now for my prize!"

Lily Luna Potter stuck out her tongue and blew a rasberry at her best friend Lysander Scamander.

Then she said in a matter of fact tone much like her Aunt Hermione would've done when she was in Hogwarts; "Lysander Scamander! Heads or Tails is a simple game of chace and there are like a billion ways to cheat!"

Lysander just grinned and said in a high pitched imitation of Lily; "You're just sore because you lost!"

Then he started doing a victory dance.

"I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! Lily you have to do my chores for a week because I won!"

Lily rolled her eyes and calmly pulled out her wand.

"Petrificus Totalus."

Lysander was frozen where he had started to do the robot dance and fell to the ground with a loud THUMP.

Lily smirked a Slytherin-esque smirk and snatched the coin from Lysander's fingers and flipped it.

"Well what do you know! It's Tails not Heads! I guess you'll be doing my chores for week instead Lysander!"

She tossed the coin behind her shoulder and went outside to meet her cousin Rose.

--------------------------------

Pairing; Neville/Hannah

Prompt; An occasional small domestic drama

3/11/2011 . Edited 3/11/2011 #28
thenewkait

For Tenzy:

"Oh, hush it, Neville! I don't want to hear your excuses this time!"

"But I swear, Hann, we weren't doing anything. She just came in to get help in Herbology and the next thing I knew her tongue was down my throat."

"Pffft, I'm sure that is exactly what happen. Victoire Weasley just decided to stick her tongue down your throat for the heck of it!"

"That's what happened, Hannah! Please, please believe me!!"

"I'm done, Neville. This is it."

She turned and grabbed her bag from the floor and left him kneeling in the floor. Somehow, Neville knew this was their last occasional small domestic drama.

Characters: James/Lily

Prompt: "Take it!"

I loved it Kara!! Great!!!

3/16/2011 . Edited 3/20/2011 #29
Love From A Muggle

For Kait, ok so this is a little past the word limit. 275 words.

"Take it," Lily threw the white rose at James as it fell to the ground. The red-head noticed James' expression had changed. He actually looked hurt. She had no idea James Potter had feelings. He went over to her, picked up the rose and walked away.

"Wait, that's all you're going to do? You're not going to ask me out for a third time today?" Lily said. Even though he was finished with asking her out, she wasn't ready to give up yet.

"Why bother? Every time I've asked you out you have said no. It's a constant battle in my mind. I've decided to move on, but it will be hard. Considering you have been the only person I have wanted ever since I first laid eyes on you," He played with the white rose in his hand while he waited for a response.

"James, it's not going to be easy," Her green eyes stared at him as she softly spoke.

"So, it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gona have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me… Every day,"

"James," She spoke his name again softly. This time, he looked up from the rose.

"What Lily, I'm tired. I need to get back into Gryffindor Common room,"

"Will you go out with me?" He saw a soft look on her face. A warmer look than what had happened a few moments before.

"Are you serious?"

"You convinced me," love filled Lilly's eyes as he came close to her.

Paring: Hermione/Harry

Prompt: sticks

3/16/2011 . Edited 3/16/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Hogwarts Online II WelcomeToLolaLand, Slytherin Head, Love From A Muggle, Mistical Ninja
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member