Odds and Ends
Our AU-ish stuff in all its forms
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Mirach

"Tano, I'm back!"

4/21/2010 #1
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

Orthenner turned around to face the young man. "Did you enjoy the raid?" he asked with a smile.

4/23/2010 . Edited 4/23/2010 #2
Mirach

"Oh yes! We were in woods of Rivendell, right under the nose of the patrols, but they didn't find us! We have seen the house, and its defences, and the schedule of patrols, and... and..." he hesiatated, although it seemed that the schedule of patrols didn't really interest him in this moment.

4/25/2010 #3
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"And... what else? The bush where Elrond hides half-emtpy bottles of wine, to drink them to the end later?" the maia smirked.

4/25/2010 #4
Mirach

Aragorn paused for a moment and looked at Sauron with interest. "There is such bush?" But then he remembered what he wanted to say. "No, no bush... A..." he blushed. "...A maiden."

(How does Sau call him besides tairni? Aragorn or Astel?)

4/26/2010 . Edited 4/26/2010 #5
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

(Astel mostly, but when Ar is in the too FAithful mode, then Aragorn or even prince Aragorn ;))

"Oh, that's even more interesting! But I suppose you could see more than one even..." the maia laughed quietly. "Or was that one somewhat special?"

4/26/2010 #6
Mirach

(Too Faithful mode? :D So he knows who he is, yes?)

The young man looked puzzled. "I... don't know. I think there were others... there could be. I don't know... I didn't pay attention to them..."

4/27/2010 #7
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Then it's serious..." Orthenner murmured thoughtfully. "What did she look like?" he asked as if already expecting some definite reply.

4/27/2010 #8
Mirach

"I thought she was LĂșthien..." Astel murmured in embarrasement.

4/28/2010 . Edited 4/28/2010 #9
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

(oh, and I forgot to reply - yes he knows who he is and in general got an education very balanced between darkness and light)

"Luthien dies many years ago..." the maia sighed sadly. "But... now I think I know whom you have seen..." he added with an intriguing smile.

4/28/2010 #10
Mirach

"You know her? Who is she?"

4/29/2010 #11
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"If the description is correct, that must have been Elrond's daughter, Arwen. By the way she is your very-very distant relative..." the maia smirked.

4/29/2010 #12
Mirach

"Arwen..." Astel repeated the name, as if the very sound of it could create a connection with the one bearing it. "Elrond's daughter... Oh." his shoulders slumped as he realized that he is aiming too high.

4/30/2010 . Edited 4/30/2010 #13
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Are you disappointed, tairni?" Orthenner rose up from the armchair and walked to Astel. "If so, if am sorry... really sorry."

He closed his eyes. Luthien... it all happened so long ago, yet the memories were bright as if it happened yesterday... defeat... pain... and only one thought - what if he dies before getting to Ast Ahe...

4/30/2010 #14
Mirach

Astel looked to the ground. "Elrond would never allow me to be anywhere near her..."

4/30/2010 #15
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Who knows... I might try to arrange a meeting with her for you..." the maia bit his lip. "Not that it will be very easy but I may still try. After all, you are really their relative... Elrond's and Arwen's. You are a prince also... and one of the light kingdom."

4/30/2010 #16
Mirach

"Raised by a dark lord... how could they acept me? I wish I could explain how it is to them, but they won't listen..."

4/30/2010 #17
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Explain what? That I am not a monster? And do you remember how you behaved when you were but a small child?" the maia could not surpress a smile. "But as long as they don't know who raised you..."

4/30/2010 #18
Mirach

Aragorn frowned. "Should I lie to them?"

4/30/2010 #19
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"No... no you should not. And you won't be able to. You are very... pure. But perhaps... perhaps they'd think I lied to you? Pretended to be good..." he winced. "Ah, everything turns after all to the same thing - the light never accept darkness... the war has lasted too long, too much blood was spilt... too much evil was done..."

4/30/2010 #20
Mirach

"And I should renounce you to be with her?" Aragorn sat down in a chair, and hid his face in his palms, looking very uncertain.

4/30/2010 . Edited 4/30/2010 #21
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Astel... tairni-eme... you will have to renounce, once you are a King..." the maia shook his head sadly. "And you will be a King. They need you..."

4/30/2010 #22
Mirach

Aragorn sighed shakily. "Is there no other way?"

4/30/2010 #23
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Who knows? Perhaps there is. I never hoped even for what have now... for being so close to one of your family. Since Numenorean times there was only war and war between me and them, without end..."

4/30/2010 #24
Mirach

Astel sighed. "There still is, and I'm in the middle of it..." he muttered bitterly.

4/30/2010 #25
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"MAybe your being in the middle of it will stop it... at least that's what I hope for..." Orthenner put his hand on the young man's shoulder. "Why am I always hurting those whom I love?"

4/30/2010 #26
Mirach

"That would be nice..." Astel sighed. "I'm sorry... it's so complicated! You, and Arwen... I don't know what to think anymore..."

4/30/2010 #27
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"Maybe I should have let you go long ago..." Othenner sank back in the armchair, enveloping himself in a cloak. "I fear I may bring you only trouble... like I once did..."

Once... back in Numenor... that boy must have been about the same age as Astel was now...

4/30/2010 #28
Mirach

Astel walked to him slowly. He sat at the ground then, and put his head on his tano's knee, like when he was little. "I'm glad you didn't..." he said quietly.

4/30/2010 #29
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio

"But maybe you'd be happier there... at Elrond's house for example... or with Olorin... at least you would not be torn between light and darkness..." the maia slowly brushed Astel's hair.

4/30/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Lirulin-yirth-k'aio Mirach
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member