The Ultimate Glee Forum
Basically, a community to talk about Glee. The episodes, the ships, the songs, the characters, everything!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
hiswheezy

One thing that's gotten pretty bad is that Glee hasn't been doing good songs. As much as I don't like Journey and do agree that they needed to step away from it, I think that they also need to go back to some the classic songs mixed with modern songs they were doing back in the beginning. And get rid of the mash-ups. The mash-ups were like good once. The Madonna mash-up was the last good mash-up, and the hair mash-up was really bad. What songs would you like to see on Glee?

I'd really like them to pay tribute to The Beatles more. I get the feeling Ryan Murphy isn't their biggest fan because Paul McCartney handed over like a bunch of stuff he wanted to do with a handwritten sentiment, and yet Ryan Murphy decided just to use like one song. It was lame.

11/20/2010 #1
BubblyShell22

The Beatles would be good. I'd like to see some Michael Jackson songs or even some Christina Aguilera stuff. Maybe some Motown songs as well.

11/24/2010 #2
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

They need to do a Motown episode!!!! 'Nuff said.

Cuz Puckerman singing Smokey Robinson or Marvin Gaye would be EPIC!!!!

And I agree; they need to do more Beatles. Like "I've Just Seen A Face" would be cool if Puckerman played it on guitar

That's my main problem. I feel like Mark Salling's talent as an amazing guitarist is being wasted on the show. All he ever does is play chords but he can do so much more awesome stuff with a guitar!!! x_x

As you can tell, I spend a lot of time thinking about what Puckerman should sing/play... All I really want is for Finchel to break up so Puckleberry can get together. And then I'd be happy, even with crappy songs...

11/24/2010 #3
Feckless Chaff

If I listed all the songs I wanted Glee to do, it would take up an entire book. If we're talking mash-ups, I totally want Hot N' Cold by Katy Perry/You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi.

I want the guys to sing the song Never Gonna Be Alone by Nickelback to the girls.

I want Kurt to do the song Reflection from Mulan.

And I want a group number of Mean by Taylor Swift.

11/26/2010 #4
Protector of Canon2

I actually really like their mash-ups, though the "Singing in the Rain" one did fail. I've liked most of what they've done, even in the cases where I wasn't a fan of the original song.

But Kurt needs to sing "I Am What I Am." Preferably in a public setting.

12/9/2010 #5
SherbertLemon101

I think a little Jason Mraz would be quite cool. I'd like to see Artie singing "I'm Yours".

Not sure about mashups. Maybe some more Bon Jovi? Or I quite like the idea of a mashup with Led Zeppelin and another band. I heard they were covering Led Zeppelin but not sure.

12/9/2010 #6
CupcakeNinja918

I would love to see Rachel sing Better than Revenge by Taylor Swift about Finn and Sanatana, it's not even funny on how real those lyrics are.

"She's not what you think she's an actress, whoa"

"She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress, whoa"

I mean, really?

12/10/2010 #7
rose taylor

I am really seriously dying to see Blaine sing "If I Had You" by Adam Lambert. I don't even care if he sings it to Kurt, although that would be awesome. I'm just in love with the idea for some reason; all I know is his voice would be perfect for it.

12/16/2010 #8
Kenmeckelo

I think Dave ( if he can sing. Remember Mike Chang?) should do and\or duet these songs:

Please Don't Go by Mike Posner. (it would've been awesome if he had a dream sequence in NBK and sung this)

Unthinkable by Alicia Keyes

12/17/2010 #9
IWontApologizeForWhoIAm

I think Rachel should sing Breathe by Taylor Swift to Finn, signaling that she doesnt like it, but she's accepted the fact that they are done for now.

I'm a Finn/Rachel fan and all, but they need to grow before getting back together.

4/16/2011 #10
IWontApologizeForWhoIAm

I think Rachel should sing Breathe by Taylor Swift to Finn, signaling that she doesnt like it, but she's accepted the fact that they are done for now.

I'm a Finn/Rachel fan and all, but they need to grow before getting back together.

4/16/2011 #11
flight815surviver

I'd like some Alanis Morisette from Santana, prefrably 'you ought know' or at least one of her angrier ones.

4/29/2011 #12
flight815surviver

I'd like some Alanis Morisette from Santana, prefrably 'you ought know' or at least one of her angrier ones.

4/29/2011 #13
miss-volturi-princess

I really want to hear Kurt sing 'Fix you' by Coldplay, and yes, there should definately be some Glambert thrown in there

6/14/2011 #14
ohmigod1

I wish sometimes they do an occasional angry song. I love glee but sometimes if they aren't really happy they are overtly sad and mopey. Where's the fire? Santanna likes You Oughta Know, doesn't anyone else like anything angry? Is there such thing as a group of people without one Smashing Pumpkins fan? I would love a Smashing Pumpkins song on it. Say, Tina starts listening to them and Kurt and Mercedes think wtf when they hear her singing it? It would be realistic for the two of them to see their Lady Gaga singing friend start singing "your the one that I adore/you'll always be my whore" and get worried. It could become a lesson in dealing with the darker side of yourself.

These things just come to me when I'm bored and there's nothing on tv.

6/29/2011 #15
XxRedVelvetCupcakesxX

I completely agree with ohmigod1. Sabotage by Taylor Swift would be good. I'd really like to see Hunger by Fireflight showcased. Lets get some unmentioned artists in there. :)

7/18/2011 #16
Zutara Fan and Luvin It

I would love to see the group do "For Your Entertainment" by Adam Lambert as a whole and maybe see Quinn sing "Diary of Jane" and have her try to become friends with Rachel! That would be cool!

7/28/2011 #17
doggirlem

I REALLY want Kurt and Blaine to sing "I'll cover you" from the musical RENT. It is sung in the actual show by two gay characters, Angel and Collins, and it's a really cure song!

Also, I think Glee could cover some Disney songs really well and they haven't done ANY yet -_-

8/1/2011 #18
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

That's probably because Disney hasn't given them permission...

As for "I'll Cover You"? TOTALLY wanna see Blaine and Kurt do that!!!!! ^_^ That'd be so cute!

Plus, Kurt would be such a cute Angel!! =]

8/1/2011 #19
doggirlem

My thoughts exactly! xD

8/1/2011 #20
JustStopAndBreathe
Okay, I know everyone expects this, but I really believe that Blaine should cover "Not Alone" by Darren Criss. And he should definitely sing it to Kurt. :)
8/7/2011 #21
JustStopAndBreathe
Oh, and it would be amazing for Santana to do "Nobody's Perfect" by Jessie J. Her voice just seems perfect for it.
8/7/2011 . Edited 8/7/2011 #22
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

And Hermione and Ron and Ginny need to show up outta nowhere. XD

8/7/2011 #23
JustStopAndBreathe
Oh my Rowling, that would just be amazing! :D
8/8/2011 . Edited 8/8/2011 #24
doggirlem

ANY Very Potter Musical songs would be amazing xD

8/8/2011 #25
JustStopAndBreathe
Hmm...that has got me to imagining weird fantasies about Will and Sue singing "Different as Can Be." Muahahaha, prompt ideas. Anywho, I always pictue Finn singing "Viva la Vida." I think his voice would suit it well. Also, I think it goes without saying that they should do more Beatles and possibly some Rolling Stones.
8/9/2011 #26
inspiration-arts

Rachel and Santana singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I don't know why, but if they'd ever have any occasion to sing it, it'd be amazing!

And I agree; something angry would sound nice, too.

Any songs about Sam and Mercedes' relationship would've sounded nice, like "Long Way to Go" by Gwen Stefani and Andre 3000, and "Me and Mrs. Jones", but I guess that's not an option anymore...

8/10/2011 #27
TheCrazyFool1995

Oh man, I agree with you on so many levels! I really really want Blaine and Kurt to do 'I'll Cover You', it would be the most perfect song. Actually, a RENT based episode wouldn't go amiss... I'd love to see Puck do 'One Song Glory' and them all do a company of 'Seasons Of Love' =D

8/20/2011 #28
actressen

I'd love to see the New Directions do some Alternative!

I'd love to see Blaine sing "Andy, You're a Star" by the Killers.

I'd also love to see something *anything* from Sweeney Todd.

9/6/2011 #29
Working Class Wildcard
I've always hoped they'd do a Green Day tribute episode. But sadly, *glares at Ryan and Brad* they will only be doing one this season, and the odds of Glee doing that are slim(shady) but I still have hope they'll do one by the end of season 3. I'm suprised they haven't made any of the boys break out into Holiday. And Green Day was turned into a musical(American Idiot, anyone?) so that makes me feel better. And on top of that, wouldn't Naya Rivera do a beautiful slow version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams? It would be epic. So Brad, Ryan, if you can hear me up there on you rightfully given pedistals, I WANT GREEN DAY!!!!
9/7/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: TechnicolorZebra
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member