Becky Albright & Jonathan Crane
Forum allows discussion of the comic: Mistress of Fear, Scarecrow Villains #1 February 1998. Topics should mostly center around Jonathan Crane "The Scarecrow" and Becky Abright "Crane's assumed Mistress of Fear".
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Poll
What did you think of Becky Albright in the comic: Mistress of Fear, Scarecrow Villains #1 February 1998?
1 Who's Becky Albright and why should I visit Master-and-Mistress-of-Fear's profile?
2 I loved her she's the perfect Mistress of Fear for Crane! :)
3 I hated her, she was weak and wimpy, Crane's better off without her. :(
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
Master-and-Mistress-of-Fear

Personally I loved her. I think with a little more stalking and mind warping fear toxin, Becky could be to Crane like Harley is to the Joker.

4/26/2010 #1
Pierides

I don't particularly enjoy the relationship between Harley and Joker. I also don't think Crane is one to beat a girl. I think she could eventually have been his with a little more warping too, though.

4/26/2010 #2
Sunflare2k5

I think that Becky would have actually been the anti-Harley. Instead of being controlled and abused by Scarecrow, she could stand at his side and be there to heal his much-wounded heart.

4/26/2010 #3
Master-and-Mistress-of-Fear

Well, to clear things up this is what I meant: Harley is Joker's lover/sidekick and thats what I wanted Becky to be; Scarecrow's lover/sidekick.

I actually hate the fact that Harley is abused by the Joker, I think its just wrong and that she should leave him. But they say there's someone for everyone and really? Who else is going to love that clown? Batman? ...only on FFnet...

Becky's and Jon's relationship would be close, and if there was abuse I highly doubt it would be physical. If you look at Crane's personallity thoughout the comics, and even in the movie, he does have that "don't push me" feel. But I do think your right, they would comfort each other becuse they both understand the pain of social scrutiny.

4/27/2010 #4
Sunflare2k5

"Well, to clear things up this is what I meant: Harley is Joker's lover/sidekick and thats what I wanted Becky to be; Scarecrow's lover/sidekick."

And I called Becky the anti-Harley because this is what I meant? Joker may have sex with Harley, but he doesn't respect her as a true lover should. And while Harley may be with the Joker, he's made it clear that she's to be treated as inferior to him in every way. He stands over her, not beside her. The relationship between Johnathan and Becky would be the opposite of that sort of abuse.

4/27/2010 #5
Pierides

I agree, to the both of you.

I believe that if Jonathan puts any emotional weight into anything, he's in it for the long haul. For Jonathan, a relationship would be something new to him. He and Becky would definitely have rough patches, but they'd make it. "The course of true love never did run smooth" as Oberon said in A Midsummer's Night's Dream.

4/27/2010 #6
mushi6618

That's true, thoughout the whole MoF comic you see how emotional he was. Crane's the type of man to through all his eggs in one basket and wonder why he's left with broken egg shells. Thats why he's so obsessed with his work, he puts his heart and soul into it. With a relationship, and the way his past was, a woman in his life would be like his work, an obsession.

True love... well, there getting there... XD

4/29/2010 #7
lost soul's keeper

Yeah..I noticed that's kind of a recurring theme with the rouges and love. Obsseion I mean. Or at least in the parings I love. I mean my top 3 pairings are Johnathan/Becky, Jervis/Alice and Joker/batman.

Then again obsession is kind of a theme in this comic period.

I did sort of feel pity for him when she turned him down, not becaues she said no (I do love the pairing but I like her as a good girl too) but because he was so confused at her answer. I mean he REALLY didnt' get why she said no to him.

5/26/2010 . Edited 5/26/2010 #8
Luvisia

I honestly do like Becky. She was just an ordinary girl, trying to do the best thing for her life and what was right. I don't think that anyone in their right mind would say yes...

...at first ;D

If she got to learn more about Jonny and understand how he feels, I'm sure she'd feel very sorry and might even fall for him. Nobody falls in love at the very first moment.

And yes, becky would be the Anti-Harley. She's independent and has her own goals, and tries to deal with her pain in her own healthy way. She certainly wouldn't let any man OWN her.

10/25/2010 #9
Forum Moderators: Master-and-Mistress-of-Fear
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member