A Bug's Life Discussions
Talk about anything A Bug's Life related here. Movie moments, your own Fanfictions, ideas for other people's Fanfictions, particular characters, ideas for a sequel, your own feeling about the film... the possibilities are endless!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Poll
Favorite Circus Bug in A Bug's Life?
1 Heimlich
2 Manny
3 Rosie
4 P.T. Flea
5 Dim
6 Slim
7 Gypsy
8 Molt
9 Tuck & Roll
10 Francis
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
Groudon202

These guys made the movie. They had a plight, they were entertaining, they were lovable, we cared about them as much as we did about the ants... although they were an ensemble, so we didn't spend much time with any of them individually. But we all have a favorite. What's yours, and why? Comment on your opinions on the others too, if you wish.

I'll be honest, Manny and Gypsy are my least favorites. They just haven't stuck with me as much. They're still alright, just not as great as the others. I'd still put them heads above most characters from any Dreamworks film, mind.

Slim... of the three clown bugs, he'd have to be my lowest one. His pessimistic attitude and tone does interest me though, and I find myself enjoying him more every time I re-watch the film.

Molt was great as a grasshopper. I'm not really sure why I'm putting him here, but he did join the circus, right? Wonder how he ended up with the guys...

P.T. Flea is John Ratzenburger's most amusing Pixar character. Just... a rip-off artist that's stuck with a lousy circus act. He can't compare to the other great characters of the film, but he's still awesome.

Rosie was quite hardcore, not a girly bug. She was sweet when she needed to be, particularly with Dim and Flik, and tough when she needed to be, against the grasshoppers and binding P.T.

Dim had more to him then one would think. Brave and a sweetie, he was also the troop's transport. He never said much, but that sorta added to his charm.

Don't forget Heimlich - He was heavy in the movie's merchandising, yet was totally cute and awesome. He longed to be a butterfly, had a funny German accent... I don't know why he's so likable, but he is.

Francis comes in a close second. He wanted to be tough, but ultimately showed a softer side. He's still tough and great though.

Best of the bunch are Tuck and Roll. Their random hysterics are just hilarious. You can't help but laugh at them. Probably some of the funniest characters Pixar has ever produced.

But the circus bugs are stronger characters together, not apart - more so then the Fisk Tank Crew in Finding Nemo, and way more then the Radiator Springs cars in Cars. Any opinions, guys?

2/9/2012 #1
eriknachtmusik

Rosie, but Tuck and Roll a close second.

2/14/2012 #2
Sexy pet777
Manny's my favorite one. Whenever he says 'how dare you!' I just crack up! There is also Heimlich. To me, he's a pretty adorable guy. I just don't know which ones better. Maybe I'll stick with two favorite circus bugs. =)
7/6/2013 #3
Sexy pet777
Manny's my favorite one. Whenever he says 'how dare you!' I just crack up! There is also Heimlich. To me, he's a pretty adorable guy. I just don't know which ones better. Maybe I'll stick with two favorite circus bugs. =)
7/6/2013 #4
Forum Moderators: Groudon202 FemaleJester1212
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member