Away In Ingo
"I wish I was away in Ingo, far across the briny sea, sailing over the deepest waters where love nor care could ever bother me..." Here you can talk about, RP about, and generally just bask in the amazingness which is Ingo!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic

Songs you think relate to Ingo or characters, ect.

1/2/2012 #1

For Sapphire: Aquarius by Within Temptation

For Matthew: The Ocean by the Bravery

For Conor: Memories by Beverly Craven

1/2/2012 #2

This video just reminded me a lot of Ingo :D

1/7/2012 #3

I think a good song for Mathew would be 'Still in Saigon', by Charlie Daniels

For Sapphire, hmmmm....... probably 'Mi Tierra', by Gloria Estefan (sorry for people who don't speak Spanish!).

2/21/2012 #4

*Speaks Spanish, albeit badly XD*

I like both :D

For Sapphire: 'Never Let Me Go' by Florence + The Machine. So much love for that song!!!!!!!!

2/23/2012 #5

For Faro when he hears about his human blood: ( I don't know the title or artist...)

"Gotta fight another fight, gotta fight with all my might. Take it up, check it out. I'm on my way and i don't feel right... Never gonna give it, never gonna give it up, no. You can't take me, I'm free."

2/28/2012 #6

Elvira gets no love! I think her song would be 'Can't Take it In' by Imogen Heap. I think it would be for when she gets to the North Pole and empties her heart 'to make room for this feeling'. I think it suits her well, even though it was made for Narnia. It's also got a breathless kind of feel that's light and breathy, which to me, just sounds of the essence of Elvira to me.

3/7/2012 #7
Oops! (forgot Elvira) i think i have heard that song before... Who has one for Saldowr?
3/16/2012 #8
Oops! (forgot Elvira) i think i have heard that song before... Who has one for Saldowr?
3/16/2012 #9

I LOVE that song! And it's perfect for her!

Saldowr...hmmm...*beard stroke* I'll have a think...

Granny Carne: Mother Earth by Within Temptation

Rainbow: Rainbow by Nerina Pallot. I'm not sure how well it fits, but it always makes me thing of her because of the title XD

3/29/2012 #10

Wait... I just said the same thing twice?? [*]

i think for Faro,The Dream by Michael Frank could work... kind of how he feels about his people and the conflicts in Ingo... no mentiones a Ervys...

By the way, I love Mother Earth! Good choice, Sapphire.

4/10/2012 . Edited 4/10/2012 #11

Oh, I love it! It fits really well :D

Thank you! Sharon (the lead singer) is kind of how I picture young Granny Carne actually...XD

5/13/2012 #12

*giant Taylor Swift killing*

Sapphire: "A Place In This World" Elvira (!): "The Outside" Mum (Jennie T.): "Cold As You"

And, a Sapphy/Faro JOINT SONG! [drumroll... brbrbrbrbrbrb] "I'm Only Me When I'm With You"! Guys, I actually wrote a songfic with that ("When I'm With You" to shorten). Please R&R if you don't mind! [puppy eyes]

5/23/2012 #13

Yay Taylor Swift! I really like her songs, but somehow, I can't really associate Ingo with Taylor. She's too Earthy, with her feet firmly on the ground. In a way, she's like a physical representation of Rainbow to me. She's certainly bright enough to be her. There's no particular song that screams Rainbow to me, not with the lyrics mostly begin about love, but The Best Day and Never Grow Up, have the country feel I associate with Rainbow.

I think a good song is Orinoco Flow by Enya. I always think that it's Sapphy and Matthew's relationship before Ingo, because they always talked of sailing the seven seas and its so lovely and light-hearted.

5/23/2012 #14

[clearing throat] I actually meant the SONGS not the SINGER... but you DO have a point there, Arysthae. :S [shame on me]

5/29/2012 #15

No no, its everyone's own interpretations! The song choices are fine, its just I can't picture them in Ingo because of Tay-Tay being so Earthy. But everyone's opinion is equal!

5/29/2012 #16

[blushing] I know... :SSSSS x 5,000

"Tay-Tay"?? Quite interesting, as I also have a penchant for nicknames!!!! ;)

5/29/2012 #17

Taylor 3

I'm trying to think of a good song to use for the Ingo book trailer I've been planning to make for like...forever XD I'm still trying to decide on the tone of the trailer, whether to focus on the disappearance of Matthew, or the discovery of Ingo, whether to make it darker or not...:S

6/2/2012 #18

hmmm... [staring thoughtfully] Why not focus on both?... That is if you can multitask... ;)

Anyways, but I found one for Mathew and Jennie: "Midnight Wind", by Charlie Daniels.

Does anyone else besides me think that perhpas Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (song, not short film) would work for the three brave children with human blood who go to the Deep? Sorry if it's an addlepate notion, but I thought it might be appropriate.

"You hear the door slam (Yes, I realize there are no doors in Ingo) and realize there's nowhere left to run. You feel the cold hand, and wonder if you'll ever see the sun..."

6/5/2012 #19

:P I just didn't want to make it too long XD It's more of a teaser really Xd But I have some footage now, so yay :D

Aaaaaaw, that song is perfect and so sad! /3

Ooooh, yeah, I see where you're coming from!

And this for Mathew. Watch. This. Video. Now. It's just PRETTY and INGOEY. And the song just breaks my heart!!!!! /3

9/11/2012 #20

Hey, what's that song by Swedish House Mafia?? Is that even their name? Uh... :S "don't you worry don't you worry now, see..." Somthin'

11/8/2012 #21

Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia? Is that the one you mean? :) It really fits!

Maybe 'Thistles and Weeds' by Mumford and Sons for Sapphire and Matthew? Here's some bits of that that reminded me of them..

"Spare me your judgements and spare me your dreams,

Cause recently mine have been tearing my seams,

I sit alone in this winter clarity which clouds my mind,

Alone in the wind and the rain you left me,

It's getting dark darling, too dark to see,

And I'm on my knees, and your faith in shreds, it seems."

"I know you have felt much more love than you've shown,

And I'm on my knees and the water creeps to my chest."

"But I will hold on I will hold on hope, but I will hold on, I will hold on hope, and I will hold on

I will hold on hope, but I will hold on I will hold on hope, I will hold on I will hold on."

Also, 'Sigh No More' by Mumford and Sons made me think of Saro a bit?

Sigh no more, no more

One foot in sea, one on shore

My heart was never pure

You know me

You know me

But man is a giddy thing

Love; it will not betray you

Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Be more like the man you were made to be

There is a design, an alignment to cry

Of my heart to see,

The beauty of love as it was made to be...

2/2/2013 . Edited 2/2/2013 #22
In the Sea by Ingrid Michaelson anyone?
9/22/2014 #23
Forum Moderators: SapphireOceans
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member