How to Train a Writer
A forum for all things pertaining to the writing of fanfiction. Share writing tips and challenges. Bounce ideas off people. Perfect your characterizations and help others do the same!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Hell's Fiery Belle

I was just thinking about it. Are there any little quirks in the movie that should be the subject of stories?

4/7/2011 #1
Duchess Delanie

Hmm... quite a bit.

I've been always a little curious about Gobber.

There's a deleted scene where Astrid says her axe was her mother's... sounds like a story to me.

4/7/2011 #2
Backroads

Ooh, yes, the axe!

I've always wanted to play around with the rest of Astrid's dialogue ending with "it's like a giant beehive!"

4/7/2011 #3
PointBlank2890

Um, How about "A Wet Dragon head can't light its fire?" As far as I know, it hasn't been used in the movie...

7/17/2011 #4
Duchess Delanie

... I like that one...

7/18/2011 #5
Gumdrop Boo - Ch4rms

I think a lot can of tidbits/details can be used for stories, some I have seen put to use is:

-The scar on Hiccup's chin

-Stoick taking Hiccup fishing and the kid hunts for trolls

Other random things that can be used:

Why dragons don't like eels

What Hiccup was doing at that mysterious house before the raid in the beginning scene [as we've noticed, it isn't his house]

The twins necklaces

the pendant shapes and their meaning [did you notice that Sptick and Snotlout have the same engravings in their pendants; Snotlout's belt - Stoick's cape clasps, and I think it could be Grimbeard the Ghastly which is the clan symbol?]

I liked the 'a wet dragon head can't light it's fire' idea for expounding.

I don't know, there are a lot of little details anyone can stretch into a story if they were inspired enough :)

7/18/2011 #6
PointBlank2890

@Gum Drop

Just for kicks, why don't you try to explain why the so called "Matching Pair" of hats are unequally sized? The results would be hilarious.

7/19/2011 #7
Gumdrop Boo - Ch4rms

Hiccup: "So Why our are breast-hats so different in size, Dad?"

Stoick: "They're hats and it's due to uneven assets"

7/23/2011 #8
PointBlank2890

Maybe Hiccup's mom is well endowed, or the hats have undergone heavy modification... XD

7/23/2011 #9
Backroads

I laugh most heartfully at Gumdrop's concept (tis witty), but I think I may be one of the few people that didn't think anything of the comment. I automatically figured matching material was taken and modified. Yeah, I'm boring.

7/26/2011 #10
Forum Moderators: Backroads Gumdrop Boo - Ch4rms, Duchess Delanie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member