PRIVATE ROLEPLAYING
Hi everyone! Join me in a fun roleplaying experience baised off the fabulous books series written by the talented Kate Brian! If you enjoy the books, come and join! You can snag a canon or make an original character!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Meg Nik

Glyndewar: That's fine with me. I'll be here until 5 CT I ended up getting sucked into a night shift.

7/26/2011 #61
irrevocably ives

Conflicted for a few moments, Reed finally took the opened bottle and drank deeply after looking at the teacher and recieving a cowering glare. What a great way to start a new term, Reed thought silently.

Smiling up at Josh, she quietly spoke, "Thank you," but she was now unsure whether to keep the water or give it back.

7/26/2011 #62
ElainaPoppy
"Keep it," Josh said with a wave of his hand and a bright smile. He reached into his bag and pulled out another bottle. "I always bring around an extra, and knowing you, you'll need it later," he smirked as he winked one of his blue eyes.
7/26/2011 #63
irrevocably ives

Reed's eyes narrowed playfully as Josh finished his statement, sticking her little pink tongue out for a moment before responding, "I don't know if I should take that as an insult or not," she whispered to Hollis yet again, assuming the teacher wanted to get the class started.

7/26/2011 #64
ElainaPoppy
Josh smiled brightly at her as he shrugged his baseball toned shoulders. He looked up to see Mrs. Craft looking at him. "See ya later, newbie," he winked at Reed before going to the front of the room where he was to sit because he was helping to teach the class.
7/26/2011 #65
irrevocably ives

"Whatever," Reed muttered under her breath with an exagerated eye roll when she knew Josh looked her way after sitting in the front. Mrs. Craft seemed like a nice enough lady and pretty laid back.

"Class," Mrs. Craft spoke in a soft, calm voice you almost had to strain to hear, "Today I'll be allowing you to do a free assignment using one of the three options I give you so I am able to assess your ability," she smiled out at all of the students that were purched in front of the easels, waiting for instruction. "You can work with canvis or parchment and paper I will even allow," Mrs. Craft added as an after thought. "In addition you will have to use paint, pastels or pencil and shading to make your work with," she stated firmly. "This will be due by the end of class tomorrow, you will have both class periods to work on it and a free period if you have any. Your work time begins now!" Mrs. Craft said as she went to the front of the room and sat at her desk to read a book and observe the class in a few moments.

All of the other students rushed towards the back of the room and quickly grabbed the materials allowed, already knowing what they were going to draw. Reed, simply sat motionless, thinking of what she could do. She wasn't very artistic and preffered photography, that's what she thought this class would entail, but she appeared to be wrong.

7/26/2011 #66
ElainaPoppy

Josh was sitting at the front of the room not doing anything at the moment. Because he was the teacher's aid, he didn't have to particiapate in any of the assignments. Instead, he was there to offer advice and show others how to do things while Mrs. Craft was busy. He looked around noticing that just about everyone had already begun to work, everyone but Reed of course.

Josh smiled smally to himself before getting up from his table and walking back to Reed. "Need any help?" he asked her as he scratched the back of his neck where a curl was brushing against his skin.

7/27/2011 #67
irrevocably ives

Thinking quietly to herself for several minutes, Reed finally broke out of her daze when she heard someone talking to her. Looking up in fright, Reed's blue eyes were large and unsure, "What, sorry? I wasn't paying attention," she murmed quietly when she saw it was Josh.

7/31/2011 #68
ElainaPoppy

"Do you need any help?" Josh repeated as he fought back a chuckle. He always wondered what Reed was thinking about half the time; she always seemed to be zoned out lately.

7/31/2011 #69
irrevocably ives

Blushing, Reed shook her head no. "I'm fine, thank you though," she said weakly. Honestly she couldn't ask Josh for help on her first assignment, she would figure it out somehow.

8/1/2011 #70
ElainaPoppy

Josh nodded his head understandingly, "No problem," he said smiling smally at her. "Can't wait to see what you come up with," he told her honestly before walking away to help a girl who'd spilled Mod Podge all over her table.

8/1/2011 #71
irrevocably ives

"Yeah," Reed trailed off, she couldn't wait to see what she came up with either. Finally, after Mrs. Craft kept giving her pointed glances while she walked around, Reed made her way back to survey what was left of the offered materials. Looking around, she could a bent up canvas thrown under the table and decided to use that. It could give it a nice unique touch.

Everyone seemed to have chosen to use pastels or shading work to show off their no doubt, great ability. So instead Reed decided to grab a set of paints and get to work. Surveying the colors she had avaliabe where as followed: white, black, a gross gray looking color, red, yellow, green and blue. Which looking around at the others who had decided to paint, she seemed to get the worse paint set.

Thinking a little while longer, Reed finally decided that she was going to try and paint the Art Cemetary. Reed remembered going there as if she had just yesterday.

8/1/2011 #72
ElainaPoppy

Josh went back to the front of the room to sit in his desk that was faced towards the rest of the class so he was able to observe. He sat down as he continued to pick off the dried Mod Podge from his hands; it was easy enough to peel off just like dried up glue. Once he'd pulled it all off, Josh casted his blue eyes up and saw that Reed was painting something. A small smile spread across his face as she continued to work. She looked so consentrated; her forehead was creased and she was chewing on her bottom lip. She was adorable.

Josh sighed to himself and looked back down at his desk. This assistant teaching thing was kind of boring on free days.

8/1/2011 #73
irrevocably ives

Soon, Reed was painting like a pro, or what she assumed a pro would paint like. The painting was looking good, just how the Art Cemetary looked if she remembered correctly.

She had first painted the whole canvas black and then started to paint everything else gray or white. Reed's goal was to paint everything as if she had done it in pencil shading which is what she had originally been planning on doing. Soon Reed had the whole 'walls' of the room painted and only had to do the floor and such. Which she decided to make the couch a color, but what color she wasn't sure of yet.

Biting her lip, Reed put her brush down and slowly raised her hand, hoping Josh would come by and help her instead of Mrs. Craft, she didn't want to have to try and explain the piece, where as she knew Josh would understand what she was thinking of.

8/1/2011 #74
ElainaPoppy

A small movement caught his eye making Josh look up. Seeing Reed's hand raised, Josh quickly, yet poisedly, got out of his chair and walked over to her. Before asking her anything, he looked down at the painting. It was just good; it was amazing. Josh never knew that Reed could even draw, much less paint!

"Wow," Josh said highly impressed. "I'm not sure you want help with; this looks great, Reed."

8/1/2011 #75
irrevocably ives

"Stop," Reed whispered quietly to Josh, blushing profusly. She knew it wasn't that great, she had obviously messed up everything and Hollis was just being nice. "Well, I-" Reed didn't know how to say it. She was very embarrassed about sharing this with anyone, even Josh.

"I painted the Art Cemetary, but I wanted it to look very... sad and lonely," she stated carefully, whispering fiercly to Josh. "But I want a little color in it," Reed added, biting her lip again, "So I was thinking of having the lamp be on, basking the floor and the floor only in a little light. So the couch is facing a way in color with two people on it," she said quickly in one breath, "But I don't know how to do that, or what colors to use to keep with my..." Reed trailed off, her cheeks heating as she realized she had babbled. Stopping and biting harshly down on her lip, Reed waited, looking down at her brush, picking at the end of it, waiting for Josh to say something.

8/1/2011 #76
ElainaPoppy

"Blue," Josh said quietly. "Use blue," he said again with sadness lacing in his voice. Reed was painting their place with an underlying sadness to it. It made his heart break once again. Art was a vision of the soul, and if Reed saw the Art Cemetary as loney and sad, well, that wasn't good for him. "And, just make downward strokes to where it looks like light is streaming across the floor."

"You're doing a great job, Reed," Josh said honestly. "It's beautiful."

8/1/2011 #77
irrevocably ives

Reed looked up at Josh quickly, smiling, "Or I was thinking red," she whispered, "The sad and lonely, kind of like a bleeding heart in a way, or no? Would people not get that?" Reed asked, second guessing herself. She wasn't used to being creative and wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

"So like this," she questioned, putting a little mixture of yellow and the gray color on her brush and stroking downward where the lamp was painted and where the couch with the two people would be. Looking up hopefully, Reed's eyes were wide, hoping to please. Ignoring the comment, Reed looked back down at the painting, immediatly feeling how sad and foreboding it looked then while the little light showing off the brown hard wooded floor.

8/1/2011 #78
ElainaPoppy

"Red's good," Josh nodded. "It symbolizes anger and hurt as well," he said honestly.

"Yeah," Josh smiled feeling a surge of pride swell in his chest. "Just like that, Reed," he said continuing to grin. "Who knew you were such a little Picaso," he said still looking at her amazing painting.

8/1/2011 #79
irrevocably ives

"Then red it is," Reed smiled. Totally oblivious what must be going through Josh's head from the piece.

Rolling her eyes, Reed looked back up at Josh with a tiny smirk playing at the corners of her mouth, "Oh please, beginners luck, right?" Reed stated knowing that was the case.

8/1/2011 #80
ElainaPoppy

"Beginners don't get that much luck," Josh said pointing at her painting. "Especially you, Reed. You only get talent," he said smiling crookedly at her.

8/1/2011 #81
irrevocably ives

"Rehtorical question there kiddo," Reed smirked, "Oh whatever, go help some other girl," she rolled her eyes. Looking up into Josh's unique eyes, her smirk grew to a bright smile, "I'm sure one of those other girls would love to flash their cleavages at you as you offered your personal opinion," Reed teased, her eyes laughing with amusement as she turned back to her painting, wanting to finish it in case she hated it the next day.

Turning back to her work, she mixed the yellow and red to get a more burnt, darker red and began on the couch, which she made pretty simple. She didn't want the splash of color to overpower the more interesting background. Making quickly work, Reed made a horrible looking couch in her opinion and tried her best to draw and boy and a girl on opposite sides of the couch looking up at the paintings, sadly but with a glimer of hope in their eyes and their hands outstretched, intertwined.

8/1/2011 #82
ElainaPoppy

"You know how teens are now a days with their hot teachers," Josh smirked before he walked away giving Reed a big smile.

8/1/2011 #83
irrevocably ives

Laughing, Reed shook her head and got back to her work, "Those shows on TV certainly aren't helping matters either," she called to Josh as she began painting the little tiny people as best she could.

8/1/2011 #84
ElainaPoppy

"I don't know what shows your talking about," Josh called back to her. Even though his younger twin sisters, Tess and Tori, had made him watch an entire Pretty Little Liars marathon the last time he was home. As Josh looked around, he noticed that everyone else was perfectly content, so he went back to his desk and plopped down with a huff.

8/1/2011 #85
irrevocably ives

Rolling her eyes again, Reed had the urge to stick her tongue out at Josh, but stopped herself due to the fact that she felt childish doing so and only had a few moments before class ended and she needed to put the finishing touches on the people she had just finished painting.

8/2/2011 #86
ElainaPoppy

Josh looked up at the clock and, after noticing the time, began packing up his book he'd gotten out to read. He looked up noticing that just about everyone was done; everyone but Reed.

8/2/2011 #87
irrevocably ives

Reed looked up at the clock and realized she only had a few minutes left, luckily, she had finally finished. Leaving the canvas at her seat, Reed quickly put the paints away and deposited the brush in some water to soak. Looking back up at the clock, Reed washed her hands, threw the painting in a drying rack fairly carefully and grabbed her bag, just as the bell wrang. Sighing, she walked out with the rest of the class, trying to remember what she had next.

8/2/2011 #88
ElainaPoppy

Josh quickly slung his messanger bag over his shoulder eager to talk to Reed before his next class. Dodging other students, he quickly made his way to the front of the room and next to Reed.

"So, have I ever told you that you're pretty amazing."

8/2/2011 #89
irrevocably ives

Reed was silently wracking her brain, not wanting to pull out the printable scheduale she had in her bag. She was so lost in thought she didn't even hear Josh come up by her until he started to speak.

Laughing, she looked over at him with a smile tugging her lips up, "You may have mentioned it once or twice, doesn't mean I'll ever believe you though."

8/2/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Forum Moderators: irrevocably ives
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member