Haruno Sakura
Discussing Haruno Sakura! Haters, Lovers, Pairings, just anything and everything about Sakura!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
BlackBelt
In basically every story I read in the Naruto section Sakura has hair that reaches her waist or knees. I really can't understand that. She looks so much better with short hair (in my opinion) To me once she broke free from her hair she became her true self, the tomboy that had been forever locked away because of the teasing and Sasuke. In my opinion she only remained girlish and had long hiar becuase of Sasuke, not because she liked it. It seems she even prefers it short, it was short when she was young, and she allowed it to remain short now. And while I have always LOVED Sakura I hated how she looked with long hair, I mean HATED! Basically every single damn girl in every anime has long hair, lots that reaches to their feet! Once Sakura cut her hair I was so releived, I was thinkig finally! A kick-a** girl that has short-hair! But then I go to stories and I get so annoyed seeing her with hair down to her knees. I had hair that reached my waist. The reason? Actually pretty similar to Sakura's. Not because of a boy, but because that's how girl's are supposed to look. I hated long hair, now its right below my ears. I'm seriously confused about it, why do girls like long hiar so much anyway? I'm basically the only girl in my ENTIRE school who has short-hair, and while I love being unusal and different it gets me to wonder. Anyway, Sakura with short-hair is how I envision her, and I think she looks so much better with it. But that's just me. Please place donw your own opinions!
1/9/2006 #1
frooker
Hmm... maybe because Sasuke likes girls with long hair? I also like Sakura with short hair but she would look more girly with long hair... and it would be easy to describe and stuff...... But I also have to agree with you Sakura really showed her true self when she cut her hair because she only did that to attract Sasuke which was in vain...
1/10/2006 . Edited 1/11/2006 #2
Angelic-Demonic Puppet
Hm, I guess in most of the Naruto stories where Sakura has long hair, the author might be wanting for Sakura to look attractive, for at least seventy percent of readers think she looks better with longer hair. Although I think she's happier- and looks better, with shorter.
1/10/2006 #3
Dustbunny3
I've wondered that myself. Even though I have long hair and like it (if only because it's something to mess with when I'm bored), I totally prefer short-haired!Sakura. I think she likes herself better that way too. I guess it's about personal preference and opinion
1/10/2006 #4
Gigicerisier
I can't say which one I do prefer. I quite like her current hair style. but she looks very beautiful with long hair while the short hair shows how she came determined and matured in past few years..
1/12/2006 #5
WindWitch
In my opinion, Sakura looks the most beautiful with longer hair. But she lookes more like HERSELF with shorter hair. I can't really explain it... she just looks like she was meant to have short hair, since she looks both cool and ninja-like with it.
1/12/2006 #6
Gigicerisier
[q]Hayate/Sakura: Actually quite popular, why? Don't know. But people like it so I bet its ok! Hayate was taken aback by Sakura's will and strentgh to defeat her rival so respect definetly probably came into the play. Unfortunetly he died (tear) so we aren't abel to fully play into this relationship for long.[/q] Popular?? but I can't find any one who really love HayaSaku like I do! Is it really popular?? I haven't seen anyone who doodle Hayate/Sakura except me... Yeah, I can see that Hayate/Sakura will respect each other and I am pretty sure that Hayate is neutral towards female unlike Kakashi...That teacher is definetely sexist.
1/13/2006 #7
BlackBelt
I know its not just me who beleives Sakura is awesome with short-hair. I just think she looks aweful with long, at least int he anime and manga in fanarts she can look pretty but I still prefer short-hair on her. I think it does make her look more like herself and she is like her trueself with ehr hair at a shorter length. I look threw deciantART alot and can come across good Sakura pics, most of it like fanfiction is yaoi though. But one artest who is amazing draws Sakrua with REAL short hair that I think is great for her. The-Z Made these: http: // www. deviantart. com/ deviation/ 6082358/ http: // www. deviantart. com/ deviation/ 5615916/ I mean I guess many wouldn't want her hair THAT short, but I like the idea. . .I'm getting a haircut today, my hair has gotten to long for my taste, It's on my neck! WHAAA! TO long! So I might just do this style! Oh! When you place this up on the adress bar be sure to erase the spaces. For some reason this site won't let you place websites down so you need to use spaces or it won't appear. Tell me your opinion on Sakura's hair this short!
1/14/2006 #8
Chips Dip
hmmm....you know, I kinda like both styles for her. but I DO prefer shorter. eww...down to her knees? that looks hideous in my mind right now...blak! XP
1/14/2006 #9
Senwich
Well, I'm okay with short and long hair =\ but I guess maybe I kinda prefer long hair more. Maybe it's cause I have long hair too? xP her hair is down to her knees?! o.O in middle school, my AVID teacher had hair down to her knees - literally! and I didn't really like it...it's really hard to imagine Sakura with hair down to her knees LoL if I make her have long hair, my limit would be down to her waist only. I think that Sakura with short hair is really cute and Sakura with long hair is, uhm, feminine? Girlish? Eh...
1/15/2006 #10
Gigicerisier
[q]I know its not just me who beleives Sakura is awesome with short-hair. I just think she looks aweful with long, at least int he anime and manga in fanarts she can look pretty but I still prefer short-hair on her. I think it does make her look more like herself and she is like her trueself with ehr hair at a shorter length. I look threw deciantART alot and can come across good Sakura pics, most of it like fanfiction is yaoi though. But one artest who is amazing draws Sakrua with REAL short hair that I think is great for her.[/q] YOu see, the first or second volumes of the comic were not exactly properly drawn or rather say pretty rubbish unlike the comic such as Death Note. yet still they managed to make me fall in love with Sakura...*sheepish grin* Yeah, some yaoi artists draw really great Sakura pics I adimit..*nods* Yes, that's why I kind of feel and hope that Sakura somewhat got over her puppy love thingy already.. [q]The-Z Made these: http: // www. deviantart. com/ deviation/ 6082358/ http: // www. deviantart. com/ deviation/ 5615916/[/q] Yeah, I have seen these pics long time ago and I really liked it despite that fact they were SasuSaku pics ugh. I might well doodle some very punkish style of her with Sasori next time as I love Punk and Goth. The beautiful puppet boy is the best match for my beloved Sakura and verse versa.*smirks* [q]I mean I guess many wouldn't want her hair THAT short, but I like the idea. . .I'm getting a haircut today, my hair has gotten to long for my taste, It's on my neck! WHAAA! TO long! So I might just do this style![/q] You can count me on, as I also like her with very short hair. Well, basically I love her with any hair length as her character and beatutiful face surpasses any style.What I like about her is you cannot really categorize her as a one word.. (well, probably many can but not me.) For example, Sakura punches people when she finds annoyed or wants to make things in order. yet same time, she cries for the people she care which shows her feminin side. Other time, she is very serious and handles things very diplomatically under Tsunade.
1/16/2006 #11
Sailor Leo
For me, Sakuras short hair is more of a personality thing. When she cut her hair, she symbolized how she was going to stop trying to be a "sexy shinobi" and focus more on training and protecting the ones we love. The short haired Sakura was the one that trained hard and became the Sakura we love now. And the long haired Sakura was the one that gushed over Sasuke, cried over things, and disliked Naruto just because of the rumors she heard. Besides, short hair is much more logical for a female warrior, don't you think?
1/16/2006 #12
Hazuki Saiuno
For me, it's either of the two. Because for me, she looked matured when she was with her long hair. She looks prettier. But when she had her short hair, I just realize that she was cute. Yup, and looked stronger than before. So: Long hair: Matured and Beautiful Short hair: Cute and stronger ... Weird, right?
1/20/2006 #13
BlackBelt
Well we all have our own opinions but I don't think (in my opinion) Sakura looks that good with long hair. I mean, it REALLY doesn't suit her at all. I mean, I have never liked long-hair but even if I did I don't think I would be for Sakura having it that long. I love Sakura! I really, really do!! But I thought she was rather. . .um. . .ugly wouldn't be the right word but unatractive. I just don't think long-hair suits her. And not just personality wise. I mean the way she has been formed (her face, body, ect.) just doesn't go well with long. I look so much better with short. . . Though i have been called a guy. But besides that! The way she looks does not go well with her hair longer than just touching her shoulders! The long hair issue probably wouldn't be so bad to me if it wasn't like yaoi. All over the damn place. I'm perfectly FINE with gays in the world. I really am! They're really nice! At least the ones that I know. But what infuriates me is how many fanfictions there are! Naruto/Sasuke and all that. Ugh! Maybe if there wasn't SO DAMN MANY stories of her having her hair long it wouldn't bother me as much. But the idea of long hiar, especailly for me and Sakura, disgusts me. Remeber my opinion!
1/20/2006 #14
Dustbunny3
[q]Long hair: Matured and Beautiful[/q] I actually always thought she looked more like a kid with long hair
1/20/2006 #15
Yokaigurl
Yeah, like that childlike quality ne? Anyways, if Sasuke really was a GREAT shinobi *sorry*, its like when that sound girl grabbed her hair, thats a disadvantga of having really long hair. They can grab it and then, Sakura as the DAMN smart girl she is, she cuts it, personally, i would love to have hair with long bangs and a really short back! THAT WOULD LOOK UBER COOL! Actually, I just got that cut last summer! ^-^ It has purple highlights, but anyways, she looks relaly good, but, it looks like it shes growing it again. Maybe it reminds her of how Sasuke said that he liked girls with long hair? No clue, but keep up with the awesome short hair!
1/25/2006 #16
Love.Star-chan
I like Sakura-chan w/ both her styles! but i prefer it if Sakura-chans bangs on the fromt were longer... she really looked cute in that hairstyle in that episode were she cut her hair( even bruised). But she really looked cute when she was younger! w/ those cute big & wide emerald eyes! and taht cute ribbon on her hair! ^_^ But i still liek Sakura's hairstyle long.. coz... you know that pic where Sakura-chan looked older along w/ Sasuke & NAruto? and wearing a red kimino-styled dress? The one were she have bangs on the front... and the back of her hair was twisted in a bun? She really looked cute there!! ^_6 I love Sakura-chan!!
1/30/2006 #17
Hazuki Saiuno
Yes, I saw that pic! It was really cute! She ROckSSSS!
2/1/2006 #18
RedLotusNin
Yes, Sakura with short hair all the way. Sakura's hair is one of her symbols. She grew out her hair to catch Sasuke's eye, but cut it later and kept it short. That says she's not going to win Sasuke by looking good. Besides, when she had long hair, she was kinda... eek. o_o Short hair is cuter and is better for a kunoichi. :P
2/11/2006 #19
Winddee
I really didn't like her long hair and in my personal opinion...it made her forehead bigger. The shorter hair gave her a cuter but more mature and calmer overall image. Short-haired Sakura all the way!!!!!!
2/14/2006 #20
BlackBelt
Sakura just looks so much better! And damn it I'm going insane with annoyance and anger! Basically EVERY DAMN STORY has Sakura with long hair! Why!? Why?! Why?! WHY?!! I mean basically every anime girl has long hair! What for a girl to be beautiful does she have to have super long hair?! Any anime magizen or whatnot every girl has long hair, WHY?!!
2/17/2006 #21
RedLotusNin
o_o; Dude, don't lose your head. Sakura's keeping her short hair and she will break some many hearts now. Which was why I was so angry when Kishimoto gave Hinata long hair... ergh.
2/17/2006 #22
2TailKirara
Sakura looked more "pretty" or "girly" when she had long hair, she cut it for a good reason don't get me wrong.(She could have told them though) When she has short hair she looks more serious about being a Shinobi
3/19/2006 #23
RedLotusNin
Yeah, short hair is a bit more practical. And every anime girl (generally speaking) has long hair. _
3/19/2006 #24
Slifer-Yuri
Long-haired Sakura... god, I HATED her. She was so gushy and obsessive over Sasuke, and she was so weak. Short-haired Sakura: Wow, ^_^. Major improvement.
4/20/2006 #25
Guardian of Atlantis
When Sakura had short hair she reminded me of an ugly Oni. I swear she looks disgusting with long hair. It definitely works better with colours other than pink.
4/26/2006 #26
Slifer-Yuri
-_- What would you prefer, a girl with long hair that is weak, obsessive and treats people like crap if they stand in her way?. Or, a short-haired girl that may not be a beauty-queen, but isn't a complete ditz, has brains and is strong when it comes down to it?.
4/27/2006 #27
RedLotusNin
[q]When Sakura had short hair she reminded me of an ugly Oni. I swear she looks disgusting with long hair. It definitely works better with colours other than pink.[/q] Uhm... lol, did you mean when Sakura had LONG hair she looked like an ugly Oni? Lol, typos.
4/27/2006 #28
HeartAngel
Aactually for me it isn't about how strong she is or anything its how u draw her or what angle u take a picture of her from.Sometimes she looks pretty with long hair then ugly and the same with short hair.When she cut her hair in the chunin exams and her hair was kinda wavy,thats my favorite style for her.The kimino picture seems ugly to me but its her face not her hair.U people want to hear a story about a classmate of mine?Well this girl I know always had her hair long in braids.When she heard her crush liked girls with short hair she cut it off and when I heard that I was like"thats just like Sakura!!!!!!"In my opoin my classmate seems prettier with short hair but maybe its cause she always have her hair down now.I like long hair for me because my sister has long hair and she got it from my aunt and I love both of them so much so thats my reason.But I don't take care of my hair.It can get really greasy and it has a ton of spilt ends,as long as its long thats all that matters to me.I guess most anime girls have long hair since the creater is used to drawing like that or something.With long hair u can do more styles too.Its easeir for me to draw Sakura with long hair though.Yea only 3 girls in my whole school have their hair above their shoulders and we have like 700 students but theres more girls then boys.One of my friend's hair is to her but and shes my age,11!!!!I also see younger girls then me and they have longer hair then me!!!Lily,my friend's hair is as long as my sisters and my sis is 3 years older!!!!I'm aso growing my side bangs long like Sakura but I'm not cutting my hair.So for me its how u draw sakura or what angle u take a picture of her not if shes a fangirl or strong or not.Well thats my opion!!!!!
5/12/2006 #29
ssssstacky
Heck, I agree with you! I HATE Sakura's long hair! It makes her girlier, and second of all: FOR SASUKE! C'mon! Someone's got to realize that Sakura wont have a chance with that (talking about long-haired Sakura). She tried to impress him, but it doesnt work. Besides, when Sakura's hair got short, that's when Sakura started caring for Naruto. So to me, her long hair brings bad stuff. o.o
5/16/2006 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: BlackBelt Gigicerisier
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member