Bullworth Forum
Exactly what it says on the label. Don't godmod, don't trust the kid with the scar and don't eat the stew.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Dream Of Rose Petals

So, there's loads of fanfics out there about the more popular characters. What about the ignored ones?

There are so many I'd like to see fics about.

Who would you like to see more fics about?

8/6/2010 #1
Miss Ordered

The Jocks. I'd say the Townies (because they're the most underdeveloped faction in the game), but I really don't like them that much. Of course, there's a lot more people could say about the elusive Edgar. It makes you wonder why the Townies chose him as a leader. It's obvious how the school cliques chose their leader (except the Nerds). How do the Townies choose one? Toughness? Hatred for Bullworth? Both?

Anyway, people are generally uninterested in the Jocks. I can understand why. The Greasers and Preps can be romanticized quite a bit, but this not apply to any other cliques. (LOL. Sounds like an RPG.) Not only that, but the Jocks are notorious a-holes. (However, people tend to ignore the flaws of the other cliques.) Plus, gamers (also considering most writers on here are female) are generally uninterested in sports. That may be a stereotype, but we can all agree that it's true most of the time. It's just generally easier for people to write about cliques that they like.

I, personally, would like to see a fic about any jock that isn't Kirby. There's a lot of things implied about their characters that can be exploited, but the writer just has to search for them. (OH YES.)

8/6/2010 #2
Dream Of Rose Petals

I've noticed as well, that the little kids are mostly ignored. Eunice is another one that gets totally ignore, because she isn't 'attractive' I think she is a really nice character, like she isn't perfect, but who is?

I'd like to see some stories about the teachers.

8/6/2010 #3
Miss Ordered

Mr. Wiggins would be an interesting subject. When chasing Jimmy, he'll mention that he was also a delinquent at his age. It makes you wonder if he himself went to the Academy. LOL. Maybe he was kind of like a past Jimmy.

People really don't find anything exploitable about the little kids because, well, they're little kids. Of course, there is a lot that can be implied about their characters as well. (Karen will become a future jock, Melody will become a future greaser, etc.)

8/6/2010 #4
Persephone999

I want to see more stories about Edna. No particular reason.

Hal would be cool too.

8/6/2010 #5
Miss Ordered

Edna/Hal crack. Actually, it is canon that Hal does find Edna attractive.

On a more serious note, a chapter could be written about Hal and his semi-neurotic personality. It's ironic because his mother is a therapist, and her son is pretty messed up. (He cries himself to sleep. That's definitely not normal.)

8/6/2010 #6
Persephone999

That would be interesting. I might stick up a writing challenge for it :)

8/7/2010 #7
Miss Ordered

What would the challenge be?

Write about Hal?

Write about their mental problems? (LOL.)

Write about both?

8/7/2010 #8
Persephone999

I'll put up two :)

8/7/2010 #9
Miss Ordered

OH HO, this should be interesting.

As I said before, many more characters need love. Although I believe in free will, people should at least learn about other characters. (After all, I had zero interest in the Jocks when I first played. I actually had to dare myself to develop a liking for one of them.) Sixty characters, people. That's only the students.

8/7/2010 #10
Persephone999

i wonder who the most popular character is?

8/7/2010 #11
Miss Ordered

I'd have to say Gary Smith. (I'd check on DeviantART, but it's being more retarded than it usually is right now.) I've already decided that in my mind. Coming in second would definitely be Johnny Vincent. However, third is the hardest to choose. The first name that popped into my head was Kirby Olsen.

Any suggestions?

8/8/2010 #12
Persephone999

I think Derby's pretty high up(heaven knows why)

8/8/2010 #13
Miss Ordered

Only one reason: because he's handsome. That's pretty much the reason for every fandom's favorite character. Well, unless the viewer cannot actually see the character (like when reading a book). Otherwise, we are such lovely, shallow people. Oh, and he's also rich.

8/8/2010 #14
Persephone999

My personal fave is Beatrice lol. And Petey is sweet too :)

To me, he looks overly preened lol

8/8/2010 #15
Miss Ordered

Derby has black eyebrows. And blonde hair. Getting a bad dye job thar, Derby?

Why Beatrice?

8/8/2010 #16
Persephone999

Partly because she has an ambition besides being pretty. Plus I know girls like Mandy, so I guess I can relate a bit.

8/8/2010 #17
Miss Ordered

I actually like all the teenaged characters (except Gurney), although not equally. Out of the student body, I favor Jimmy, Casey, and Karen the most.

Jimmy is disliked by the fandom for being admittedly ugly (and foiling/highjacking Gary's plan to take over the school), but he's actually a decent character. As shown in the game, he's unafraid to stand up to those who are supposed to be stronger/more important than him. He is unafraid of standing up to bullies like Hattrick and the more popular cliques. He messed up by getting caught up in his newfound power, but that's what makes him human. His ability to fix his own mistakes makes him even moreso.

Casey is actually an obscure character compared to the others. In fact, I actually dared myself to like at least one jock that wasn't Kirby. I chose him. After learning about him, I actually did grow to like his character. He may not be handsome, rich, smart, or particularly intelligent, but he's an interesting character that the fandom tends to antagonize. From stalking him in the game, I actually grew to understand his character better. He also reminds me of a lot of people.

As for Karen, she's different from the other little kids. Not only that, but some of her dialogue implies that she's actually a decent person. Strangely, she also seems to be aware that the students at Bullworth fight partly because of their own personal issues. ("I hate all the fighting that goes around here. Everyone has so many problems!") I can also relate to not having a girl's team for some sports.

MY EYES.

8/8/2010 . Edited 8/11/2010 #18
Persephone999

If Gary and Jimmy's appearances were switched, this fandom would glorify Jimmy to no end.

8/8/2010 #19
Miss Ordered

No, I think the fangirls would enjoy Gary's psychotic personality more. However, an earlier draft of Jimmy looked a bit like Gord. There were a few videos of an earlier, better-looking Jimmy fighting an earlier Russell and an earlier Melvin (who was originally supposed to be Asian).

8/8/2010 #20
Dream Of Rose Petals

If Gary and Jimmy's appearances were switched, I think I would still like him as a character.

A character I've started to like lately is Bucky. I feel so sorry for him. It must be hard for him listening to Beatrice go on about Jimmy so much.

8/8/2010 #21
Miss Ordered

Bucky's a bit of a strange fellow. He has a very close relationship with his grandmother, who is implied to be senile. It makes me wonder if his parents sent him to live with his grandmother or if something bad happened to them. He doesn't mention his parents.

It worries me. Very much so. (OH YES.)

8/8/2010 #22
Persephone999

Melvin, I thought was very funny lol.

8/8/2010 #23
Dream Of Rose Petals

Ah Melvin.. XD

He makes me lol. He's soo G&G addicted, it's funny.

8/8/2010 #24
Persephone999

He's considered the most normal lol

8/8/2010 #25
Reptar Cereal

Oh, jeez. I'd love to see some fics about Wade. I relate to him closely, but he's super unloved. ;A;

8/8/2010 #26
Persephone999

Nice to meet you, Reptar. :)

Would you like me to put a writing challenge? :)

8/8/2010 . Edited 8/8/2010 #27
Miss Ordered

Someone else actually reads these?

It's a miracle! *sobs while smiling maniacally with hands in the air. Oh, and it's raining for some reason.*

Yes, Wade needs MOAR love. He doesn't get enough at home.

8/8/2010 #28
Persephone999

I shall stick a challenge up ASAP :)

8/8/2010 #29
Persephone999

It's up :)

8/8/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Persephone999 Miss Ordered
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member