The NextGen Fanatics
Because we all secretly or not so secretly love the next generation. Challenges? Maybe. New Friends? Quite possibly. Randomness? Definitely.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
lydiamaartin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Whose birthday are we celebrating, you ask? Well, everybody's! And fanfiction anniversaries, too! See, I'm here with a shiny new revamped version of our old Presents Thread because we (being Ella and I) wanted things to be more organized and simple :) Here's how it works:

The next two posts will be reserved for a Birthdays List and an Anniversaries List. You guys (yes, you, all of you) will fill out a form telling us...

1) when your birthdays and fanfiction anniversaries are (if you're not sure, go to your profile and find "since: [date]", and that's when you signed up)

2) your top 5 favorite Harry Potter (not strictly Next-Gen, but please only HP as we are an HP forum, and if you friends want to write you fics from other fandoms, they can ask you your OTPs from that fandom) pairings

3) anything you don't like (freeverses, cousincest, etc.)

Then, a mod will edit your preferences and birthday/anniversary date into the lists and delete your post for cleanliness purposes. There will also be reminders every month about whose birthday/anniversary is coming up so that you know when to post your lovely fics for your friends.

When you do upload your fics, you can make a post in this thread stating "Happy birthday! Here's your present, I love you, enjoy!" and link them to your fic. (I'd also recommend PM-ing or other forms of privately chatting the gift-receiver just to make sure they're aware you wrote them a story!)

At the end of the month, we will delete the monthly reminders and present-giving posts and start over for the next month :)

Also, if you decide your favorite pairings need an updating, feel free to post again telling us what they are so we can update the lists! If your penname changes, kindly inform us of that here as well, please.

PRESENTS FORM:

Name (what the majority of the forum calls you):

Penname:

Birthday:

Anniversary:

Top 5 OTPs:

Anything else (that's important to know):

And that's all! Have fun celebrating, folks!

Next two posts reserved for lists.

6/7/2012 #1
lydiamaartin

BIRTHDAYS:

January:

- 19 -- Middy // stars fall at midnight: lucy/louis, rose/scorpius, dominique/lysander, molly/teddy, lucy/lorcan ; angst

- 21 -- Summer // POTTERDEX: teddy/lily, dominique/scorpius, molly/lysander, lucy/lorcan, albus/scorpius ; no teddy/victoire, but crossovers with doctor who or sherlock are cool

- 26 -- Carrie // draco'sfairmaiden: Bill/Fleur, James/Lily, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Percy/Squib or Muggle Audrey; no aus or slash/incest; prefers family fics

- 29 -- Alix // andthenlarryruinedmysocialli fe: Albus/OC; Rose/Scorpius; Lily/Lorcan; Albus/Scorpius; Louis/OMC; Louis must be gay

February:

March:

- 21 -- Blue // BlueEyes44: scorpius/albus, louis/hugo, alice/frank, teddy/victoire, lily/trashcan ; any slash/femmeslash/cousincest is cool, no draco/hermione or harry/hermione or extreme fluff

- 30 -- Nic // just a beautiful m i s t a k e: rose/scorpius, draco/hermione, teddy/victoire, lucy/lorcan, molly/lysander ; likes some cousincest, prefers oneshots, freeverses are fine, no drabbles

April:

- 6 -- Becca // Aebbe/ThePaperBagPrincess: helga/salazar, james/lily, ron/hermione, james/oc, scorpius/roxanne ; no au or breaking up canon pairings, no freeverses, loves obscure pairings and anything next-gen

- 15 -- Listen // fabricated fantasies: rose/scorpius, teddy/victoire, albusII/daphne, dominique/roxanne, lucy/lorcan; adores obscure pairings (cousincest, crossgen, slash & femslash), no breaking up canon pairings

- 17 -- Aimy // lonely hands: lily/teddy, rose/scorpius, neville/victoire, lily/james, ron/hermione ; no molly/lorcan, teddy/victoire, or lily/scorpius

May:

June:

- 13 -- Ella // matt-smiths: lucy/lysander, teddy/lily, james/dominique, lily/eleventh doctor, really like russia/germany as settings ; no freeverses, lily/scorpius, teddy/victoire, or roxanne

- 24 -- Erin // whatabeautifulmess: katie/oliver, james/lily, louis/lorcan, rose/scorpius, teddy/lucy

- 27 -- Amy // over-rehearsed: blaise/parvati, james/lily, scorpius/rose, dominique/lysander, teddy/lily ; loves louis and ngf pairings

July:

- 8 -- Potato // heading for a huge collision: rose/lorcan, lily/scorpius, teddy/lucy, james ii/anyone, teddy/victoire ; also loves doctor who and sherlock

- 23 -- Alex // loki-laufeysons: rose/scorpius, ron/hermione, harry/ginny, luna/neville, james/lily

August:

- 1 -- Kat // a walk on the w i l d side: lily/teddy, victoire/neville, lucy/lorcan, louis/omc, unhappy molly/scorpius ; prefers angst and character development

- 2 -- Louise // downstage: ted/andromeda, lucius/narcissa, lucy/lorcan, lucy/albus, teddy/lily ; no fluff or smut, loves angst and cousincest

- 2 -- Molly // ocean requiems: rose/scorpius, lily/lorcan, dominique/lysander, lily/teddy, james/dominique; cousincest okay, no crossgen or (fem)slash

- 18 -- Aubree // sand-bakery: teddy/victoire, scorpius/dominique, james/dominique, teddy/dominique, lily i/remus; minimal swearing, no teddy/lily, scorpius/rose, or scorpius/lily

- 22 -- Rachel // shut away: lucy/lorcan, fred/katie, lucy/albus, hannah/neville, james/rose ; prefers oneshot, fluffy and humorous

- 24 -- Liza // Forever Siriusly Sirius: James/Lily, Sirius/James {family), Draco/Astoria, Scorpius/Rose Teddy/Victoire; no freeverse/triogen/slash/incest/smut

- 26 -- Ellie // with the monsters: lily/teddy, rose/scorpius, james/dominqiue, lucy/lysander, albus/scorpius ; sibling and cousin fics are preferable

September:

- 3 -- Vicky // blurs of red and blonde: rose/scorpius, teddy/victoire, gideon/marlene, molly/lysander, katie/oliver ; preferably not cliche

- 8 -- Voldy // cirquedumockingjay: lucy/lorcan, louis/scorpius, lily/james, dominique/scorpius, teddy/victoire

- 12 -- Cate // cutecudlyme: rose/scorpius, lucy/lorcan, roxanne/lysander, teddy/victoire, draco/astoria; prefers angst, no pairings that break up the aforementioned

October:

- 3 -- Mad // chasingafterstarlight: molly/lysander, teddy/victoire, scorpius/rose, scorpius/dominique, ginny/draco ; no cliches, lily/lysander, or dominique/lysander (also mad/lysander is cool)

- 26 -- Pearl // PrincessPearl: lucy/lysander, molly/lorcan, teddy/victoire, scorpius/dominique, draco/astoria ; no freeverses, rose/scorpius, or teddy/lily, check ships page on tumblr for more

- 29 -- Madeline // overstreets: teddy/dominique, lucy/louis, lucy/lysander, teddy/lucy, scorpius/rose ; no draco/hermione, lily/scorpius, roxanne/male

November:

- 13 -- Chippy // When The Thunder Rolls In: scorpius/rose, ginny/harry, albusii/alice longbottom, dom/female!oc, percy/audrey; preferably no cousincest, nothing non-canon, (fem)slash is fine

- 21 -- Kaye // intersections: lily/teddy, james/dominique, lily/james, sirius/remus, gideon/marlene ; no freeverses, extreme fluff, teddy/victoire, fred, or hugo

- 22 -- Mittens // i'm mittens: jamesii/rose, hugo/louis, lucy/louis, lucy/lorcan, luna/rolf ; nothing too fluffy, happy endings

- 26 -- Jess // lunalestrange4: rose/scamander twin, lily/scorpius, ginny/luna, remus/sirius, morag/romilda ; next-gen cousincest, preferably drabbles/oneshots over freeverses, no slash with harry

December:

- 3 -- Chi // unwrite: lily/scorpius, molly/teddy, harry/ginny, lily/lorcan, albus-centric ; angst, stick to one point of view

- 4 -- Anna // fan-freak121: rose/scorpius, scorpius/lily, teddy/victoire, teddy/dominique, molly/lysander

- 12 -- Riley // and maybe they'll fall in love: lily/teddy, lucy/lorcan, james/rose, lucy/louis, albus/molly ; cousincest is fine, not a fan of slash, not a hugo or fred fan

- 19 -- Jane // tony-starks: rose/scorpius, lucy/lysander, lily/lorcan, helga/salazar, dean/astoria ; ask for other pairings, no victoire-bashing, no james/dominique

- 19 -- Sam // Ce sont les petits choses: Teddy/Victoire, Lucy/Lorcan, Rose/Scorpius, Lucy/Scorpius, Albus/Alice Longbottom; fluff preferred

- 28 - Gamma // Gamma Orionis: bellatrix/voldemort, draco/luna, lily/scorpius, lily/rose, rose/ofc ; loves smut, death eaters, no rose/scor or anything against draco/luna

6/7/2012 . Edited by The Next-Gen Fanatics, 1/4/2013 #2
lydiamaartin

ANNIVERSARIES:

January:

- 2 -- Riley // and maybe they'll fall in love: lily/teddy, lucy/lorcan, james/rose, lucy/louis, albus/molly ; cousincest is fine, not a fan of slash, not a hugo or fred fan

- 10 -- Mittens // i'm mittens: jamesii/rose, hugo/louis, lucy/louis, lucy/lorcan, luna/rolf ; nothing too fluffy, happy endings

- 11 -- Summer // POTTERDEX: teddy/lily, dominique/scorpius, molly/lysander, lucy/lorcan, albus/scorpius ; no teddy/victoire, but crossovers with doctor who or sherlock are cool

February:

- 13 -- Kat // a walk on the w i l d side: lily/teddy, victoire/neville, lucy/lorcan, louis/omc, unhappy molly/scorpius ; prefers angst and character development

- 21 -- Becca // Aebbe/ThePaperBagPrincess: helga/salazar, james/lily, ron/hermione, james/oc, scorpius/roxanne ; no au or breaking up canon pairings, no freeverses, loves obscure pairings and anything next-gen

March:

- 10 -- Vicky // vicky199416: rose/scorpius, teddy/victoire, gideon/marlene, molly/lysander, katie/oliver ; preferably not cliche

- 12 -- Liza // Forever Siriusly Sirius: James/Lily, Sirius/James {family), Draco/Astoria, Scorpius/Rose Teddy/Victoire; no freeverse/triogen/slash/incest/smut

- 14 -- Sam // Ce sont les petits choses: Teddy/Victoire, Lucy/Lorcan, Rose/Scorpius, Lucy/Scorpius, Albus/Alice Longbottom; fluff preferred

- 21 -- Blue // BlueEyes44: scorpius/albus, louis/hugo, alice/frank, teddy/victoire, lily/trashcan ; any slash/femmeslash/cousincest is cool, no draco/hermione or harry/hermione or extreme fluff

April:

- 12-- Anna // fan-freak121: rose/scorpius, scorpius/lily, teddy/victoire, teddy/dominique, molly/lysander

- 20 - Gamma // Gamma Orionis: bellatrix/voldemort, draco/luna, lily/scorpius, lily/rose, rose/ofc ; loves smut, death eaters, no rose/scor or anything against draco/luna

May:

- 2 -- Kaye // intersections: lily/teddy, james/dominique, lily/james, sirius/remus, gideon/marlene ; no freeverses, extreme fluff, teddy/victoire, fred, or hugo

- 6 -- Potato // heading for a huge collision: rose/lorcan, lily/scorpius, teddy/lucy, james ii/anyone, teddy/victoire ; also loves doctor who and sherlock

- 7 -- Chi // unwrite: lily/scorpius, molly/teddy, harry/ginny, lily/lorcan, albus-centric ; angst, stick to one point of view

- 14 -- Nic // just a beautiful m i s t a k e: rose/scorpius, draco/hermione, teddy/victoire, lucy/lorcan, molly/lysander ; likes some cousincest, prefers oneshots, freeverses are fine, no drabbles

- 19 -- Listen // fabricated fantasies: rose/scorpius, teddy/victoire, albusII/daphne, dominique/roxanne, lucy/lorcan; adores obscure pairings (cousincest, crossgen, slash & femslash), no breaking up canon pairings

- 29 -- Louise // downstage: ted/andromeda, lucius/narcissa, lucy/lorcan, lucy/albus, teddy/lily ; no fluff or smut, loves angst and cousincest

June:

- 3 -- Erin // whatabeautifulmess: katie/oliver, james/lily, louis/lorcan, rose/scorpius, teddy/lucy

- 4 -- Voldy // cirquedumockingjay: lucy/lorcan, louis/scorpius, lily/james, dominique/scorpius, teddy/victoire

July:

- 6 -- Carrie // draco'sfairmaiden: Bill/Fleur, James/Lily, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Percy/Squib or Muggle Audrey; no aus or slash/incest; prefers family fics

- 18 -- Aubree // sand-bakery: teddy/victoire, scorpius/dominique, james/dominique, teddy/dominique, lily i/remus; minimal swearing, no teddy/lily, scorpius/rose, or scorpius/lily

August:

- 3 -- Middy // stars fall at midnight: lucy/louis, rose/scorpius, dominique/lysander, molly/teddy, lucy/lorcan ; angst

September:

- 17 -- Jess // lunalestrange4: rose/scamander twin, lily/scorpius, ginny/luna, remus/sirius, morag/romilda ; next-gen cousincest, preferably drabbles/oneshots over freeverses, no slash with harry

- 19 -- Molly // ocean requiems: rose/scorpius, lily/lorcan, dominique/lysander, lily/teddy, james/dominique; cousincest okay, no crossgen or (fem)slash

- 20 -- Pearl // PrincessPearl: lucy/lysander, molly/lorcan, teddy/victoire, scorpius/dominique, draco/astoria ; no freeverses, rose/scorpius, or teddy/lily, check ships page on tumblr for more

- 25 -- Alex // loki-laufeysons: rose/scorpius, ron/hermione, harry/ginny, luna/neville, james/lily

October:

- 14 -- Alix // andthenlarryruinedmysocialli fe: Albus/OC; Rose/Scorpius; Lily/Lorcan; Albus/Scorpius; Louis/OMC; Louis must be gay

- 18 -- Madeline // overstreets: teddy/dominique, lucy/louis, lucy/lysander, teddy/lucy, scorpius/rose ; no draco/hermione, lily/scorpius, roxanne/male

- 23 -- Amy // over-rehearsed: blaise/parvati, james/lily, scorpius/rose, dominique/lysander, teddy/lily ; loves louis and ngf pairings

November:

- 11 -- Cate // cutecudlyme: rose/scorpius, lucy/lorcan, roxanne/lysander, teddy/victoire, draco/astoria; prefers angst, no pairings that break up the aforementioned

- 12 -- Rachel // shut away: lucy/lorcan, fred/katie, lucy/albus, hannah/neville, james/rose ; prefers oneshot, fluffy and humorous

- 13 -- Chippy // When The Thunder Rolls In: scorpius/rose, ginny/harry, albusii/alice longbottom, dom/female!oc, percy/audrey; preferably no cousincest, nothing non-canon, (fem)slash is fine

- 16 -- Ellie // with the monsters: lily/teddy, rose/scorpius, james/dominqiue, lucy/lysander, albus/scorpius ; sibling and cousin fics are preferable

- 19 -- Ella // matt-smiths: lucy/lysander, teddy/lily, james/dominique, lily/eleventh doctor, really like russia and germany as places ; no freeverses, lily/scorpius, teddy/victoire, or roxanne

December:

- 11 -- Aimy // lonely hands: lily/teddy, rose/scorpius, neville/victoire, lily/james, ron/hermione ; no molly/lorcan, teddy/victoire, or lily/scorpius

- 14 -- Jane // tony-starks: rose/scorpius, lucy/lysander, lily/lorcan, helga/salazar, dean/astoria ; ask for other pairings, no victoire-bashing, no james/dominique

6/7/2012 . Edited by The Next-Gen Fanatics, 1/4/2013 #3
lydiamaartin

And just to demonstrate, I'll leave this post up for a bit :)

Name: Pearl

Penname: PrincessPearl

Birthday: October 26th

Anniversary: September 20th

Top 5 OTPs: Lucy/Lysander, Molly/Lorcan, Teddy/Victoire, Scorpius/Dominique, Draco/Astoria

Anything else: No freeverses, please; I hate Rose/Scorpius and Teddy/Lily; you can check the ships page on my tumblr to find more pairings I like :)

6/7/2012 . Edited 6/7/2012 #4
The Next-Gen Fanatics

BIRTHDAYS IN JANUARY:

• 19th -- Middy (angels are watching over you)
  • 21st -- Summer (POTTERDEX)
  • 26th -- Carrie (draco'sfairmaiden)
  • 29th -- Alix (andthenlarryruinedmysocialli fe)

ANNIVERSARIES IN JANUARY:

• 2nd -- Riley (and maybe they'll fall in love)
  • 10th -- Mittens (i'm mittens)
  • 11th -- Summer (POTTERDEX)

So, happy birthday to Middy, Summer, Carrie and Alix, and I hope Riley (had), Mittens and Summer have good anniversaries!

-Vicky

1/4/2013 #5
a walk on the w i l d side

So, I'm pretty late, but I thought I'd say it anyway, because this chick deserves it!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MIDDY! You are amazing, wonderful, kind sweet and just generally spectacular. I miss you, lots and lots.

Also, early happy birthday to THE WONDERFUL SUMMER! I mean, it's already your birthday now for me, but Americans are like so yesterday, so I don't know if it's the 21st where you are yet.

I will hopefully write you both stuff, I promise, I will actually do it right now, just to prove how much I love you.

1/20/2013 #6
justalittle l o o n y

Name (what the majority of the forum calls you): roma

Penname: justalittle l o o n y

Birthday: june 29

Anniversary: september 4

Top 5 OTPs: dominiquelysander, albusscorpius, albuslily (it's sort of becoming a thing shh i blame ellie's flawless writing), michaelromilda, roseteddy

Anything else (that's important to know): incest is perfect at the moment, dominiquelysander usually needs to be quite angsty, and i generally like well-developed ocs even if they're just platonic friends and side characters? dynamics are really important to me.

1/21/2013 #7
Forever Siriusly Sirius

If it's not too much trouble, could you change this from

Teddy/Victoire; no freeverse/triogen/slash/incest/smut

To Sirius/OC, no incest? (As in, freeverses, slash, smut and triogen is fine now)

1/23/2013 #8
a walk on the w i l d side

i have middy's birthday present published (finally), and summer's will be done soon.

but anyway, middy, idek if the story is up yet (the whole 'wait 4-8 hours for your story to be up') but it should be there soon. it's called 'equivalent' and i hope you like it :)

1/27/2013 #9
Litany of Dragons

Name: Eagle

Penname: Eagle Mask of Rage

Birthday: February 18th

Anniversary: September 16th

Top 5 OTPs: Scorrose, Teddy/Victoire, Lucy/Lorcan, Dramione (as long as it's not in the same universe as Scorrose), anything else really except those mentioned below...

Don't like: slash, incest, cousincest, smut, lemons, anything over T really... I hate Scorpius/Lily, Scorpius/Dominique, and anything that's Teddy/someone else.

2/23/2013 . Edited 3/17/2013 #10
colorful swirls

Name: Anna

Penname: colorful swirls

Birthday: July 23rd

Anniversary: October 4th

Top 5 OTPs: Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Teddy/Lily, Scorpius/Rose, Lucy/Lysander

Anything else: Nothing M-rated, but other than that, I'll read anything.

4/2/2013 . Edited 5/21/2013 #11
steelgray

Name: Brenda

Penname: Steelgray

Birthday: December 31st

Anniversary: August 31, 2008

Top Five OTPs: ALBUS/OC (love, love, love it!!!) Draco/Ginny,James/Lily, Rose/Scorpius, Luna/Neville.

Anything else: No incest, rating K-T, please. Please PM me if you decide to be amazing and write me a story!

7/24/2013 #12
SunlightHurtsMyEyes

Name: Tyler

Penname: TyJustTy

Birthday: 10th of April

Anniversary: 11th of August 2013

Top 5 OTPs: Teddy/Dominique (IN LOVE WITH THEM), Harry/Hermione, Remus/Tonks, James II/OC (well developed), Harry/Ginny

Anything else (that's important to know): No incest, I don't mind cousincest that much, rating K-T. Please PM me if you decide to write me a story :D Thank you

8/11/2013 #13
insertallyourfandomshere

Name : Kyria

Penname: insertallyourfandomshere

Birthday: 9 May

Anniversary: June 8

Top 5 OTPs: Remus/Sirius, Hugo/Scorpius, Percy/Oliver, Draco/Harry, Bellatrix/Hermione

Anything else (that's important to know): I hate Marlene/Sirius. I don't really like Scorpius/Lily, Albus/Scorpius, Rose/Scorpius or just any fic that ships someone else with Scorpius than Hugo, sorry! I am not very fond of AU's too.

1/8/2014 #14
Forum Moderators: over-rehearsed skwirl, The Next-Gen Fanatics
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member