Kung Fu Panda Characters
A topic list of all the characters of Kung Fu Panda and new characters from the series and second movie.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Charlie B.Barkin

Status: Death Species: Old Tortoise Age: +100(?) Origin: Ocean(?)

Master Oogway is an aged tortoise and the senior master of the Jade Palace. He is wise and possesses considerable physical skill. He's the only one that Tai Lung could not defeat (Oogway instantly paralyzed him with a lighting fast series of nerve strikes.). Also, he proved skillful in his battle with Monkey, and encouraged him to use compassion towards others after deducing why Monkey played tricks on everyone. His selection of Po as the Dragon Warrior is strongly doubted by all, especially Po himself, but he stands by his decision, which proves to be the correct one. After convincing Shifu to train Po, Oogway ascends to the heavens in the midst of dozens of peach blossom petals floating away in the cold night breeze as he dies. Among all the proverbs he recites, his most recurring is "There are no accidents."

7/26/2010 . Edited 6/16/2011 #1
Charlie B.Barkin

I really don't know much about Oogway,he was a hard person to understand sometimes....

7/26/2010 #2
Cartoonatic55

He's a wise old tortoise that planted the Sacred Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom. He made his staff out of the first branch to come from the peach tree. He taught Shifu the ways of kung fu.

7/26/2010 #3
Charlie B.Barkin

And it's funny sometimes.

7/27/2010 #4
Cartoonatic55

Yeah. He's like the kung fu-savvy tortoise equivalent of Yoda.

7/28/2010 #5
Charlie B.Barkin

Agreed.

7/30/2010 #6
Heir-to-the-throne

he was awesome. i got piiisssed when he died. i blew a gasket in the movie theatre.

8/8/2010 #7
Charlie B.Barkin

Really?

8/8/2010 #8
Cartoonatic55

Well, nobody can live forever.

8/8/2010 #9
Charlie B.Barkin

Agreed.

8/10/2010 #10
KING9

I wept like a small child when Oogway passed on. Not only has the viewer grown attached to the charming old tortoise at this point, but you can feel Shifu's confusion and despair when he goes. So effective.

It was cool to see Oogway in action in SoTFF. Fastest tortoise ever.

2/5/2011 #11
Charlie B.Barkin

That's true.

2/5/2011 #12
Forum Moderators: Charlie B.Barkin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member