Professor Layton Roleplay
Basically what the title says. You roleplay as any character you want to be from the Professor Layton long as nobody else is that character! On character sheet, say who you want to be, and I'll probs accept it XD! O/Cs are totally accep
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »

Professor Hershel Layton set his newspaper down on the kitchen table; neither Luke nor Flora were awake yet. He had a grim look on his face, as he got up from the table and went over to the phone. He dialled a number, and waited for somebody to pick up.

"Is the Inspector there?" he asked, when someone picked up. Then, he quietly murmured discontentedly to himself "I don't like this. I don't like this at all."

(It's an awful starter!!!!! Sorry everyone!!!!)

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/18/2010 #1

(It really isn't bad. It's great! :D)

A few seconds later, Inspector Chelmley spoke in an impatient tone, "What is it, Layton?"

Barton was currently doing some paperwork for Chelmley on his desk, though he was trying to listen in on the conversation.

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #2

(Thank-you!!!! :D)

"I'm not sure if you're aware, Inspector, but a variety of...strange things...have been happening in London recently." replied Layton, in a grim tone "Murders, Disappearances, Crime Scenes with no evidence. You've noticed, I'm sure?"

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #3

"Ofcourse I have, Layton. I'm one of the most important figures in law enforcement." Chelmley said proudly. He then added, "So what are you getting at?"

10/17/2010 #4

"I'm not saying that you aren't." replied Layton hurriedly "I just thought that there might be something rather extraordinary about the whole matter." he added.

10/17/2010 #5

"Yes, that is what I have thought, as well." The inspector agreed. He then added, "I'm currently working on an investigation concerning this matter, and haven't found anything." Chelmley sighed, "And I've been working on this case for over a month now."

Barton looked up at Chelmley, thinking, 'Why wasn't I told about this case?'

10/17/2010 #6

"And you're no closer to cracking it?" frowned Professor Layton, sounding and feeling rather concerned.

10/17/2010 #7

"No..." Chelmley hesitantly admitted. "I hate to burden you, but I may need your help with this one, Professor." He whispered, trying not to have Barton hear him.

Barton however did hear and frowned, then turned his attention back to the paperwork.

10/17/2010 #8

"Really?" asked Layton, trying not to sound surprised "Well, I do have a knack for solving puzzles."

10/17/2010 #9

"Yes, but I do think that this case may be too much, even for you." Chelmley replied smugly.

10/17/2010 #10

Flora came into the room at that moment, dressed in a pink dressing gown and yawning.

"Well, I do have Luke and Flora." said Layton, hoping that Chelmley wouldn't remember the time when Luke had tried ripping the Inspector's face off, thinking that he was Don Paolo in disguise. Flora looked up sharply when she heard Professor Layton say her name, but remembered her manners and didn't interrupt the phone conversation.

10/17/2010 #11

"Layton, don't you think those two little kids would be a simple nuisance, especially to an investigation this crucial?" Chelmley replied with a question. He did indeed remember the time when Luke tried ripping his face off.

10/17/2010 #12

"They're very...intelligent children." replied Layton simply, realising that Chelmley did remember the incident.

10/17/2010 #13

Chelmley sighed, "Fine, just be sure to control them."

Barton gasped, and looked at Chelmley. "Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I think I may have found a lead, in the form of a puzzle."

Chelmley said to Layton, "Listen closely, Layton. You may have to solve this." He then turned his attention to Barton, "Well?"

Barton spoke up, "1001 is all it says, then there's a 1 on the bottom, directly in the centre of the number. It then says for us to meet at the time indicated by this puzzle..."

10/17/2010 #14

"Hmmm...interesting." said Layton softly. Flora listened intently to what was happening on the other end of the phoneline.

( Oh great...I'm not as good a puzzle-solver as Layton :'( I'm going to screw this up :S)

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #15

(Lol, we'll include Hint Coins. Failed to mention that. We can also choose to pass, I guess, but we have to try. Anyway, hint: The 1 is in between the 2 zeros, but just under it. This "1" can be indicated as a line, separating the 2 zeros.)

"It's written on this document, for some reason." Barton added.

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #16

(I was going to guess 10.01 am before the hints, but now I'm not so sure...)

"Well, it could mean 10.01am, but that seems rather too obvious." said Layton, stroking his chin.

10/17/2010 #17

"You seem to have lost some of your touch." Chelmley pointed out.

10/17/2010 #18

"It's early." said Layton defensively. Flora smiled at him kindly, but she wanted to laugh at the blatantly obvious answer he'd just given.

10/17/2010 #19

(I'll take it as a pass :P)

Chelmley suddenly lit up, "Layton, could it possibly be 12:50? The 1 on the bottom separates the "1001" into a 10 and a 01 (Visually, it's 10l01). The 10 is before the 01, so it could mean 10 minutes before 1 o'clock."

10/17/2010 #20

"That was my next guess." muttered Layton sheepishly, even though it clearly wasn't. 'Maybe Chelmley was right - maybe I'm losing my touch.' he thought to himself, whilst Flora exploded into a fit of giggles behind him.

(Yeah XD)

((Can I just say, wow you're clever :D))

10/17/2010 #21

(Lol, thanks. xD)

"Well spotted, Inspector." Barton complimented.

Chelmley adjusted his tie, "Ofcourse, I wouldn't be in law enforcement if I couldn't solve a puzzle." He then spoke into the phone, "So Layton, where will we meet?"

(What time is it in the rp?)

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #22

((No prob :D))

"On the street outside of Buckingham Palace?" suggested Layton, being as it was a landmark pretty much everyone knew.

(I'm going to say 8ish...only because I said it was early...but I don't want it to be too early..aaaaand we can have a timeskip)

I panicked...sooo I said the first place in London that I could think of...sorry :)

10/17/2010 #23

(Alright :D)

Chelmley thought for a moment, and said, "Okay. Don't be late." He hung up the phone.

Barton asked Chelmley, "Why didn't it say where to meet, and only when?"

Chelmley's eyes narrowed, "Good point."

(Though, I g2g :( See ya)

10/17/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #24

(Aww, k then. Seeya!!!)

"What was that all about?" asked Flora, the second Layton put down the phone.

"Get dressed, and then I'll tell you." replied the Professor.

10/17/2010 #25

Both the Inspector and Barton arrived at their destination. At the time, it was pretty quiet, so spotting Layton, Luke, and Flora wouldn't be hard.

"So, what are we going over with the Professor?" Barton asked.

Chelmley frowned, "Just wait until they get here. We'll talk about it with them."

10/17/2010 #26

Layton appeared not long after, with Luke and Flora (I don't play Luke...sooo, idk what to do about him).

"Sorry we're a little late." apologised the Professor.

"Someobody didn't want to get out of bed." added Flora, grinning at Luke.

10/17/2010 #27

Chelmley rolled his eyes and thought, 'Kids...' He cleared his throat, "So we're all on the same page. Shall we explain?"

10/17/2010 #28

"Yes. I think that would be a good idea." said Layton quickly, before a fight could ensue betwen Luke and Flora.

10/17/2010 #29

"Recently, strange occurences have ensued throughout London. These incidents, at the moment, can't be explained. The populace blame it on the paranormal, but that's hard to believe. They can't commit murders. So, yes, strange occurences, like: Murderers without a lead, disappearances and appearances of items and people, etc." Chelmley summarized.

Barton seemed to turn as white as a ghost upon hearing the summary.

10/17/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: BusyBee317
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member