Critics United
Critics United: a place for reviewers to gather and talk, exchange tales and support each other as we all try and help the authors of the site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 Next »
The Dragon's Jaws
Fanfic - unless someone is a big enough jerk to break the not for profit rule -

Question: What if they do? There are those who are trying, and my stance on them right now is... up in the air. I don't know if they're doing anything outright illegal, per se (mostly because I'm too lazy to do the research), but I do know it's at least in violation of the site's ToS. Make no mistake, I do hate them, but how much is yet to be decided. They haven't jumped up to the 'I'd-kill-them-on-sight' level that plagiarists and so-called 'read-the-book'-types are currently on in my book.

1/18 #1,231
Yemi Hikari

What they're doing isn't fair use. As such, they're opening up both themselves and the site to lawsuit for copyright infringement. One of the arguments I've seen, and some of the CU for that matter is...

Since people are allowed to make profit off another person's copyright in such and such a manner, this means what I'm doing is okay.

Except this isn't true. Parody and satire fall under fair use, as does review and commentary. Kindle Worlds give permission. As for artist alley and fanzines... I guess the best place to start is nobody goes into artist alley or the publication of a fanzine expecting to make a profit.

Artist alley is a complicated issue due to the fact selling copyrighted work is sometimes the only way many of the artists will make back their money, as people don't go to conventions looking for original work in artist alley. The copyright holders are normally understanding of this, but wish to encourage so most conventions allow a certain percent of already made work to be copyrighted, yet also allows on site commissions. In turn, copyright holders use this as a chance to scoop new art, encourage younger artists who are just starting out, but there is the understanding that if by chance profit is made, the copyright holder can demand a share of the profit. Typically an artist gets scooped before that can happen. Also, guests get paid by the convention or copyright holder to show up, but there is also for some a bonus to interacting with the fans and artists. I know of one voice actor who was super thrilled when he received a key chain with a chibi form of his character as a gift, and he's known as the fandom cryptid.

Which is another thing, much of the art is also required to be in an artists own style, or something a fan can't normally get from the copyright holder. Some argue that there is no difference between art style and writing style, but under fair use there is. Images are actually far more copyright protected, as such a character has more copyright protection when there is a visual image of them. Which makes a major problem comparing the selling of fanart vs. the selling of fanfic.

As for fanzines, the policy is to typically give the fanzine away for free, at cost or near cost, particularly since a fanzines work consists of multiple writers and artists. The exception to the rule is fanzines sold for the purpose of raising funds for charity, which is considered by quite a few copyright holders to fall under fair use due to the fact the purpose is not to make an individual profit, but by supporting such fanzines they make themselves look super good. Of course, without saying a fanzine shouldn't be sold for a charity you know the copyright holder wouldn't support, and not all copyright holders are okay with this.

Fair use is something which is ruled case by case. What they're doing isn't for charity, it's not parody, satire, commentary or review, but it's also fanfic rather than fanart.

1/19 #1,232
Venomheart the Dreamer

Well, this was interesting. Some background, this person first reviewed a trollfic, their review consisted of US laws as well as baseless accusations that the author can be charged if someone committed suicide over it. I looked at their profile and one of their stories had a non-story chapter along with commercial promotion elements. So, I reviewed it informing of their infraction as well as hinting at that the only reason I've written the review is cause they reviewed someone else in a stupid way.

And what story?

You're advertising. That's commercial promotion. and the chapter still exists (as of now) might be the website being slow to update.

Why do people LIE when they claim they have fixed violations when they haven't? I don't know.

As for the story: (Insert story review page.) As bad as the story is, your claims are way off base.

My story or the one I reviewed? And excuse if publishing a book at 14 is something I'm proud of. I've had it with you and your friends. And the fact that you decided to go through a 30 something chapter story looking for rule violations is sickening and stalkerish behavior. I'm about ready to block you and if you continue I'll report you to the police for cyber bullying. And before your not a cube bully look up the definition. Do you ever stop and actually think before you post a review?

Do you know what cyberbullying even is? Telling people they've broken the rules don't count.I just looked at chapter titles and clicked one that seemed to violate because it wasn't hidden.Go ahead and report me to the police because it won't do anything.

In fact, I think your threat might be able to be construed as cyberbullying.

Cyberbullying: the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.

I think threatening to report someone to the police does in fact count as cyberbullying. Especially, when just a message telling someone they've broken the rules and using the report function as it's supposed to be used.

As for your review: Your review is way off base. Even if some super sensitive person committed suicide over a message from someone with delusions. I doubt that person can be charged.

The trollfic expressed grievances with a few users and named several stories as bad.

And Your rule insane people don't threaten people with reporting and getting their stories deleted? Or is that special?And maybe I've taken it too far. And you know what? I'm sorry. I'm trying to get you to see the gravity of the damage you have caused.

As for the review-suicide is never something to take lightly.

Yea, if someone gets triggered over the fact that they've been told they wrote a review that's stupid and broke this website's rules with their stories, I don't think they belong on the internet.

Damage? If your pride is damaged by me pointing out the rules to you. That means you're too sensitive to belong on the internet. Your own review towards that person's story is far likely to do more damage seeing as that person's not exactly stable. That story doesn't belong on the archives but your review is way over the line and off base.

Haha okay Pride? Honey if you actually did anything other then freak me out by stalking my stories then we'd be having a different coversation. What do you get out of reporting people? Feel good? Get you high? Make you think you're better than others?

Stalking would be if I was refreshing his profile constantly waiting for the next update. Not checking out people's stories because they've posted a review somewhere.

Follow website rules. Don't threaten people with laws that you don't understand.

Yeah, whatever. Overall I do follow the rules except occasionally I screw up. Like the rest of the world. Sitting there threatening to report me isn't going to get a thankyou. And actually I do understand. I've talked to the counselor at my school once she noticed that several students were talking about CU. My information was checked. But you don't care about that. How about this-leave me alone. Mass report me all you want. I won't be around much longer

Not part of CU, didn't mention CU. I also think the education system might be failing us.

Occasionally? your account has way more violations than just this story. This website has rules, you should follow them to make the experience better for everyone else that uses the website.

I did check out a few of their other stories and yep, more violations.

Thought I told you to leave me alone. There is no point in talking to someone who does not listen. You're probably saying the same thing about me so...this has been a waste of my time. Go through my whole account. Do whatever you want stalker.

This person has the gall to make someone fear that they will possibly face jail time over the highly improbable actions of someone else.

The trollfic they reviewed consisted of delusions of grandeur of taking over an archive and calling out several stories as bad. If someone's able to be charged for cyberbullying for writing that as a story help us all. They themselves seem to have learned cyberbullying as a new term and are apt to use it on the internet. They don't want to follow this website's rules.

1/20 . Edited 1/20 #1,233
Cha's Aegis

Ah, gotta love annoying the entitled of this site. You guys know the ones I'm talking about. They gotta have their say and EVERYONE must agree with them! And because we're so horrible as to submit abuse reports on legitimate violators, well, we should all just pass the Tide pods around and swallow, right?

Although there are many aspects that make the pms I get so entertaining, but I think my favorite part's in these exchanges is when they HAVE to get the last word. Their words are soooo important and so "vicious" in giving me the what for.

I think the fact I'm still around doing my part to keep CU going speaks volumes about how little I care about their opinions, but just try telling them that. lol

Okay, so I've got two today to share. My apologies for the length of this post, but they're just too precious not to mock.

fanbrat 1:

What I call you out for what you are and you delete it oh Guess Nazis did the same thing sensor those who disagree with them.

Moi: Firstly, I didn't delete your post. I wish I did, though because you're an idiot who clearly doesn't even know what the hell they're saying.

Honestly, you are incredibly stupid to think it's okay to come into our forum to act like a dumbass like you did and expect us to be okay with that. You got a beef with another site user? Deal with them either via pms or elsewhere. *so & so* isn't even one of our members, idiot. So why would we deal with any drama related to him?

So we've got every right to delete moronic posts from the stupid like yourself. And you are incredibly stupid to throw around terminology you have no fucking clue what it means. CU is our forum. The equivalent of private property. Cleaning shit out is our right. Has nothing to do with being Nazis.

Oh, but wait, your opinions are the only ones that matter. Of course! F**k anyone else's right to view the world differently and take care of their own property as long as you can come in and damage it as an act of "free speech" it's okay!

Go f**k yourself.

And now I present to you, fantard #2!!

Message 1: So a guy calls you a nazi fits you true and delete him wow that is true nazi fashion now call me childish you little snitch I don't care. Message 2 sent an hour later: You craven as well won't talk back

Moi: You care enough to pm me and whine over a temp ban.

Like I told your little buddy, CU is our forum. Respect our rules and you can post. *so & so* isn't even one of our members, but the reason they can stop by is because they did what you didn't, respect our rules, which is the same thing your little buddy got busted for.

And heaven forbid I needed to to go offline to do something in the real world instead of dealing with whiners who can't write worth a damn. 'Craven'? Honestly? Holy hell. You're certainly as stupid as your little buddy who doesn't even know what Nazi really means, but I'm sure you think like they do. Your opinions are the only ones that matter. F**k anyone else who may think differently. You are the only ones entitled to freedom of speech.

No one cares what problem you have with *so & so*. Got a problem with him? Deal with him elsewhere. You and your stupid moronic friend had absolutely no right to bring that shit to our forum and you wonder why you got banned?

You know what, your entitled attitude pissed me off. It's a perma ban as of now.

fantard 2: You think I care honestly you and your snitches I don't care about you I never had I just hate how you pretend to be the white knights doing the good thing when all you do is help destroy people's hard work.

Moi: Sure you don't.

1. You only went out of your way to write a story because someone did something that you didn't like.

2. You came to our forum to whine about it.

3. Because we didn't let you do what you want and I slapped a temporary ban because you couldn't respect our rules. I'm sure it would've been totally fine if I took no action at all and you would've thought we were nice people, but since I didn't we're evil.

4. You've gone through the trouble of pming me. Twice when I didn't answer you right away.

So keep on lying to yourself.

An if you weren't going to follow the site rules, why are you bothering to post on this site?

Don't bother trying to tell me otherwise. You went through the trouble of setting up an account AFTER agreeing to the site Terms of Service. You realize anytime you do that you are legally obligating yourself to follow the site's rules and giving them the freedom to delete your account and ban you if you don't?

Not to mention you have to agree to the story guidelines. Whether you bothered reading them or not you agreed to them. Had to. Couldn't post otherwise.

So not only do I call bullsh*t, but you are a massive hypocrite on top of being a stupid, whiny child. You've got no appreciation for this site you get to use for free. Anyone who feels as entitled as you deserves to have their story yanked.

fantard 2: D@mn man your pretty funny cause everything on that last paragraph is completely wrong keep being the white knight pretend to be the good guy.

Moi: I don't need to pretend. If we were doing anything wrong, we'd have been shut down years ago. That's right, sweetie. We've been here for years and aren't going anywhere.

You don't like what we do? Tough sh*t. Guess it's just going to keep bothering you something fierce. And it does bother you. You wouldn't keep answering me.

Don't worry, baby. I'll make this as simple as possible and try to use small words so you'll understand.

I don't care about entitled rule breakers like you. I don't care what bee you have with *so & so*. I don't care if you don't like that I'll keep reporting stories like yours until they're gone.

I love and respect this site and continue being here to protect it and clean out the trash long after you move on to the next shiny thing.

fantard 2: Your god d@mn comedian you think my stories and account are something I hold dear no I do this cause it's what I believe in people should not be constricted to what they write. Now say something funny sweetie cause I need a good laugh

Moi: Baloney.

Don't believe you.

Just look in the mirror for a good laugh.

-So that's where it's at. I just couldn't take this fanbrat tumblrtard SJW wannabe seriously, especially when they can't spell and seem to have had a falling out with proper grammar and punctuation. Only an absolute moron like him wouldn't bother trying to write within the site rules and uses the excuse delicate little speshul snowflakes like him are being oppressed. Boy, you are in for a rude awakening when you finally move out of your stepdad's basement and are the reason society is currently as screwed up as it is.

I'm sure he's lurking and since I've blocked him, I'm going to offer some free advice. Use a magnifying glass to find your kickstand, Pinocchio. Once you find Waldo then maybe you can take your first baby steps towards being a real boy THEN you can start toddling towards being a man.

1/21 . Edited 1/21 #1,234
ZadArchie

Oh, I think they decided to hit us all up for some reaction. But, yeah, I can't stand it when they have this need to get the last word in. I'm really starting to turn into my parents about that one. But, let the ravings continue:

You are the messenger of the Critics United correct it seems anything that is reported you give a message. The messenger snitch that's what you are a slick slimy snake that does not care for those who work hard on there stories. Stories that harm no one. Wait there against the rules. Rules use to say it's ok to keep slaves and slaughter Jews, rules aren't always right.

What a Hermetic description of me. Funny, I never saw my reviews for CU in that way, but eh, not a bad description.

Ah another craven won't even talk back

Just because I didn't answer them the minute they snapped their little fingers, they cry coward and think they've won. Impatient little thing, ain't they?

You sure you're not finished yet? Don't want to make some ridiculous threat or curse me out? You do know your analogy here doesn't really work since those laws actually harmed people. These rules are set up the way they are and they harm no one. We may not always agree with them, but then we have the right to take our business elsewhere. But no, go right ahead, keep spewing your rabid lunacies. I'm all ears. I can take a lot before I block you.

I thought I'd let this one dangle a bit and see if they could dig their own grave and give me an excuse to report their account for threats.

Ah a talker now I don't care about you and your group of snitches but how does writing smut hurt people you don't have to click on the smut you can ignore it yet you go around and snitch people out few people are lower than you.

Now let me ask you something outside of FanFiction what are you a student at school someone who works what are you exactly and do act like you do here in the real life cause I don't I'm not a bitchy person on the outside like I am here

You do realize that we do have lives and can't come respond to your stupid rants at the drop of a hat?

Does it matter whether it can hurt people or not? Look, FFnet has set up their rules, and we may not agree with them, but there they are. They are the owners of the website and they have the right to set it up their way. I'm not going to deny them that. For whatever reason, they banned MA content in 2002 and we have to respect that. Me, I take my business elsewhere. I've found other fanfic and writing sites that accept MA content, and I'm a happy camper. How hard is that? Really, how hard is it to just find another site that actually accepts and likes your stories instead of insisting on publishing on a site that will delete your work for breaking their rules?

I'm pretty much as I am on here: straightforward, logical, and all around friendly, provided people speak to me respectfully, which you neglect to do. I'm not someone who has to wear the mask of the internet to feel confident. The face I wear here is the same face I wear in life. True, I'm not always forthright with my religious beliefs, politics, and lifestyle choices, but those are things which I think need to be kept in private anyway.

Yes it would be easier to go to other sites and write the smut and read it and I do read it on other sites but this is the most popular and people want people to see there work and you and your snitches come around (admit that at the very least you snitch people out) and be the white knights that no one wants.

Well, rules are still rules. There's no changing that. It's not about snitching or being a white knight. It's about giving writers a chance to fix their work before the admins delete it. But, yes, if an author can't be bothered to help themselves, then we, like any other user on this site, are obligated to use the honor system that the admins set up for maintaining the rules.

Rules they aren't always right. Slavery The Holocaust Segregation Those are just a few things that were once rules look how well those turned out Now yes I know no of those things are like this I'm just showing that rules aren't always right

But again, you're equating big deals like that to something that isn't a big deal like this. Learn to come up with better arguments.

People should write how they want where they want without the fear of you and your gang of snitches (which you are admit that at the very least) ganging up on them and making they feel awful.

Seriously, do you get a quarter every time you say "snitches?"

But we're not the ones limiting your creativity. The admins are. They made the rules, and crazy idea, we're expected to follow them. You don't think I wouldn't like to write scripts? I see the art form in that, but they've taken that away from us too. But, again, they made their rules, we have to follow them or take our business elsewhere. Power is in the hands of the consumer, my friend. If you don't like how things are run here, then find somewhere you like better. That's what I've been doing.

For thousands of years people have been breaking rules that have been unfair. If you wanna write your scripts do so. If I wanna write smut I should without being told to delete it. We shouldn't have to be limited on what we write not on the most popular writing website that's why people do what they do breaking the rules they want to write what they want to write

So, by your logic, rules shouldn't exist at all. We should all just live in anarchy. Is that it? Rules exist for a reason, and we should respect them. If we don't agree with them, there are legal ways to show that we don't support them. I'm doing just that by taking my business elsewhere and showing FFnet that I don't like the way they run things. Eventually, I plan to give my readers here only one choice: follow me to AO3 where I believe things are truly better, or stop reading me. I'm not going to cater to the oppressive environment here much longer, but I respect their right to make these rules. It is their site after all. Feel free to send them mail with your complaints, start petitions, do something if you don't agree with how they run things. They may not listen, but at least that's better than acting like a spoiled brat breaking their rules just to break their rules.

Look, I make no bones about my stances on the pros and cons of fanfic sites, and I've made my choices. But, at the same time, I stand by what I mean: every site has their right to make things their way.

Well I'm not brat trust me I've met people far worse than what I'm doing And no not anarchy but blindly following rules has its consequences it's not always the right thing to do and if you wanna go to AO3 please do so and take the rest of the critics with you and if the the admins wanna delete me fine I won't argue that they do what they gotta do that's not the problem the problem is a group who snitches and drops dime on others that cause there stories to get deleted.

Whatever. No point in arguing with someone who can't be reasoned with. You know what, you're just mad because you know that we will report stories that report the rules. At least we had the decency to try and help you before reporting. Can't say the same for the jerks who just report stories without telling anyone. At least we gave a d*** about your right as a writer to know what the problem was and how to prevent it.

You gave no d*** about us if you did you'd never report us Your right one thing though you can't be reasoned with now some people see me as right some see you as right. How I see it your like the Gestapo enforcing rules while me and the writers do what we believe is write and you want to put us down. I can find comfort in one thing everything comes to a end one day Critics United will be dead and gone could be a year two even ten but I know they will die one day.

Good luck with that. CU is over seven years old now. New members come and replace the old ones who retire.

The Roman Empire was around for hundreds of years where is it now The mongals were the largest empire I believe where are they now

We're done.

No we're far from done I'll see you around

Is that a threat?

No That's a promise I'll be a thorn in you and your Critics united side I'll warn everyone I can to ignore you

Seriously, good luck with that. Next time the admins do a round of spring cleaning, I'm sure they'll thank you for that kindly advice.

I'm warning everyone check your clean sweep all the latest people I'm warning them to back up there stories so if you do get them deleted they can repost

You and hundreds of others before you have tried that technique. Remember, repeat offenders don't just lose their account for a few days, the admins totally shut down those accounts.

Eh, probably not hundreds, more like dozens. But let the poor thing have a little hope.

Oh so I'd lose this account well that changes everything Wait I could just make another email and make another account so what does that do.

And keep getting blocked and blocked again and again. Sure, if you've got all this time to waste, why not.

I got two years before I join the army so yeah I got time

God, I hope you can handle the rules there. You clearly can't here.

You won't believe me but in the real world I'm a really respectful guy who hardly argues against the rules even if I don't agree with them but your right I use the internet to sheild myself I'm a troll I'll admit it but in ways your just like me on the opposite spectrum.

No, you and I are nothing alike. You admitted it yourself. You behave like a troll and create a lie. We're done here.

What I say before We are not done I'll see you around friend

I feel bad that I'm posting this here, since this is probably giving them the attention they want, and I have been pretty good this year about my resolution to not give these trolls what they want by posting conversations on here, but I can only suffer fools for so long.

1/21 #1,235
Cha's Aegis

The little fantard is going into the army?!

I nearly peed myself laughing. Oh are they going to break him. That attitude will NOT fly with them. See, the military insist you follow their rules and basic training breaks you down then builds you up. The person you were before dies in the process to make room for the new personality.

Pfft on his claim of trolling. That wasn't trolling. That's just him being an idiot. And yes, he has been posting reviews on the stories we're working on, but since he's got nothing better to do outside of looking at furry or brony porn I guess we give his life meaning.

I'm with you, Zad, I don't like giving fantards like this attention and don't plan to after this. Like you stated there are solutions to the unforgiving rules of no MA allowed. I post my MA content on adultfanfiction while my main stuff stays here. For me, that arrangement has worked perfectly fine. Adultfanfiction gets a lot of traffic, but not a lot of reviews, which I think is what this particular attention whore is whining about.

What I find hilariously ironic is how much they call us Nazis and a gestapo when their behavior is far more reminiscent of that, pushing their views with threats and empty rhetoric.

1/21 #1,236
Yemi Hikari
And excuse if publishing a book at 14 is something I'm proud of.

It's not. See, for a fourteen-year-old to publish something at such a young age it means either their parents have some kind of major in - like having their own publishing company, or said person when and e-published their book without parental permission through one of the e-publishing sites where the rules of said site stipulate they must not be a minor to publish, but chances are they went behind their parents back, or some publishing company saw the minors work as a way to make a quick buck and to take advantage of the dreams and hopes of some kid. Or your some fourteen-year-old whose already got their PHD and publishing academically, but then then I'd think they'd know better.

The fact is, unless you're getting published in one of those anthologies which specializes in publishing the work of young writers, you're not ready for publication. The fact they published at fourteen is - let's just say none of these writers ever really went past that, but are judged heavily for daring to publish before they were ready, so nobody took them seriously after that. Not to mention, it makes it hard to take this one seriously.

I'm about ready to block you and if you continue I'll report you to the police for cyber bullying.

Says a fourteen-year-old with no idea what cyber bullying is, but yeah, as Zad pointed out, the fact they're threatening to report with no grounds to report is cyber bullying. It's one of the new tactics because bullies know bully is a buzz word, yet those who are victims of being bullied hate the idea of being the bully.

Do you ever stop and actually think before you post a review?

Didn't you find them because of what they were posting to their account.

Even if some super sensitive person committed suicide over a message from someone with delusions. I doubt that person can be charged.

Typically, no Zad. However, if you tell the person to go kill themselves. Yes. Even more so if you egg said person on, and/or know there is a psychiatric issue involved. But for merely telling someone their story is plagiarism when it is, or doesn't follow another site rule? Nope.

And Your rule insane people don't threaten people with reporting and getting their stories deleted?

What they FAIL to understand is that there is a difference between what the CU is doing and what they did, namely the fact the rule breakers are breaking the rules, but they're threatening to report someone who's not guilty of cyber bullying for such, which not only is itself bullying, but only makes those dealing with real cyber bullying cases work even harder. It's kind of like those in one of my fandoms who go around reporting people as pedo because of what they ship. Worse for those investigating, the ship is an adult-adult pairing with a major age gap.

I'm trying to get you to see the gravity of the damage you have caused.

Pretty much what Zad said, if they are getting upset over something so minor they have no business on the net. Yet, this kid also thinks it was a good idea to publish their original fiction at the age of fourteen? Are they going to call the people who leave negative reviews bullies simply because they called the writing of a fourteen-year-old who published what it is - not ready to compete with the writings of an adult?

As for the review-suicide is never something to take lightly.

This part tics me off, because they're the ones taking suicide lightly. They're the ones who think it's okay to blame ones hurt feelings over minor things on someone else, but that they can blame their actions - such as suicide on those people! This ignores the fact there are serious issues going on with a person in the first place, but there are people who try and suicide to get attention.

Honey if you actually did anything other then freak me out by stalking my stories then we'd be having a different coversation.

Again, as Zad pointed out.

This said, it's also not keeping an eye on writers who you know are special needs and have no adult in their life to correctly handle their outbursts offline so you've chosen to keep an eye out for when an outburst may occur knowing full well if someone didn't tell them to calm down and back off they'd make themselves a target for flamers who like to troll people like them.

Overall I do follow the rules except occasionally I screw up.

Actually, considering they're a published writer at age fourteen, I wouldn't call that some minor screw up. How they got published, I don't know, yet I'm thinking they didn't read the rules for the e-publication site stating they need to be older to use said site, and as such they could easily have their entire accounted removed by those who run the site they're published to. In fact, they're bringing attention to the fact they're likely breaking the rules on another site, but doesn't this also mean they're putting their real name out there on the web for people to find? That's three screw-ups at one time!

I've talked to the counselor at my school once she noticed that several students were talking about CU. My information was checked.

The question is, did the counselor at the school do her research? Is she really actually encouraging her students to break the rules of a site? In all honesty, their claim sounds a bit fishy, for if counselors were really talking about the CU at their schools, you'd think that there would be some kind of article warning other schools about the group within online educational publications, or even publications involving online bullying. The thing is, those who deal with real cyber bullying do their research.

But the idea a counselor at a school would encourage their students to break site rules? No, no and more no!

I don't care about you and your group of snitches

Haven't I pointed out here that the word "snitches" is used to bully people into not reporting things that need reporting, but that it is those who use the word snitches who are in the wrong?

how does writing smut hurt people you don't have to click on the smut you can ignore it

Considering the fact some of the young writers I've mentored didn't know what words to look for before clicking in to what sounded like an interesting summary and got a rude shock, but were majorly upset about the fact they'd been tricked into reading something they didn't want to, I really hate this argument. Add to this, there are other sites which allow it, but have a way to properly rate these stories.

this is the most popular and people want people to see there work

So? Do what the other MA writers do and tone down their work to make it M rated and point out on their profile that the MA content is on another site? In reality, the reason for arguing that said material to post here isn't for authors to have their work, but so that those who read such content shouldn't have to go elsewhere, but isn't that why those on other sites struggle with getting their MA content noticed is because a bunch of people refuse to go where they're supposed to - namely the readers?

People should write how they want where they want without the fear of you and your gang of snitches (which you are admit that at the very least) ganging up on them and making they feel awful.

The problem is, any writer posting MA content to the site should be afraid of having their stories deleted regardless of whether the CU or another such group gets involved because anybody could report them to the site admins for breaking the rules. The CU at least warns so it can be corrected. And to call anybody who reports a rule infraction a snitch just because you want to get your way - that's what this comes down to - getting ones way, because they can still write how they want and post to other sites.

You don't think I wouldn't like to write scripts?

I'm actually with Zad on this one, yet also understand why they were taken away. So, I post to other sites. I've not done script format, but do have some second person narrative that I rewrote as first for this site.

For thousands of years people have been breaking rules that have been unfair.

Actually, completely fair because it's the admins sites. Then again, we're talking someone who compared the fact they've not got the freedom to write what they want to the holocaust.

In reality, asking them to post to a site that allows such content - they still have the freedom to write and publish what they want. However, there are people in this world who are not - who've faced real censorship. Take the girls in China arrested for writing slash whose entire accounts were deleted by their government because they wrote slash, but got jail time for what they wrote. I've no pity for writers who scream "unfair" regarding the rules of a site when they still have the freedom to write what they want and post elsewhere because what they're going through does NOT COMPARE.

If I wanna write smut I should without being told to delete it.

Correction. They're being told not to post it to this site, delete it from said site if they had, and post it to another site which does allow such content. Major difference. And yeah, like Zad suggested, they're suggesting anarchy.

Well I'm not brat trust me I've met people far worse than what I'm doing

Yes, they are acting like a spoiled brat. There are people out there arrested for writing the fanfic content they write, but in the process have lost their work completely, yet unlike these people I've mentioned they've the freedom to post to sites which do allow it, and thus their work can still exist, but they're not ever facing jail time for what they write.

if you wanna go to AO3 please do so and take the rest of the critics with you

I'm tired of the people who are tired of the rules arguing those who follow should leave a site. And this person claims they're not a spoiled brat? That's a sign they are one.

You gave no d*** about us if you did you'd never report us

So the people who report family members for committing a crime don't care about their family members? Some have found themselves in situations where the most caring thing to do was to report said family member for the crime.

Gestapo

It's nothing like the Gestapo. Seriously - they're free to post in another place, but they've still got a lot of freedom even with the rules in place.

I got two years before I join the army so yeah I got time

I'm with Cha on this one. If the army does't break this one, they'll be dishonorably discharged.

Anyways, someone posted some comments telling me to leave, so I'm guessing it's got something to do with this person, but they also tried saying what I wrote is illegal - although I've pointed out fanfic falls under fair use and why, but why others do not.

1/22 #1,237
ZadArchie

Quick clarification on something, Yemi, just so we're not misquoting. The stuff about the 14 year-old published author is from Venom, not me. None of those early quotes were my words.

1/22 #1,238
Yemi Hikari
Quick clarification on something, Yemi, just so we're not misquoting. The stuff about the 14 year-old published author is from Venom, not me. None of those early quotes were my words.

Apologies! Did not mean to do that!

1/22 #1,239
MrGoodyTwoShoes

An few PM's and an immediate block by someone who clearly has their own issues and blames us (or me, hard to tell) for it.

first, the subject line: "Worthless SJW-"

A good chunk of us might not be "polite" in your sense of the word but at least we don't rack on people until they want to kill themselves or make little kids cry because something doesn't fit in YOUR view as "Good" and we don't make NORMAL Americans lives a living hell in the name of control or just being a whiny little bitch. Go to hell, every last one of you or those at least that refuse to change and stop being a bother.

followed immediately by

Also, blocking you now. Not even going to bother to torture my eyes at your "Logical" comeback.

ya, methinks we got some projection going on. I am amused they were big enough to come at me but ran for that block ASAP. Yes my friends, that is the smell of fear. I laughed at that American bit. Clearly someone who has a narrow worldview who is too young to have left their street much less traveled anywhere.

I'm always amused by these types because they always think they're getting to me by blocking me but in the end I just laugh, shake my head and move on.

1/29 #1,240
Yemi Hikari
...they want to kill themselves or make little kids cry...

One of the major problems with their projection is they're pretty much expecting the other members of the site to bend over backwards simply because a child decides to throw a tantrum, because that is exactly what a little kid bursting into tears because someone told them their story is against site rules and they need to fix or delete to be within compliance of the rules is. As for those saying they want to kill themselves - that's unfortunately the new "buzz" word. Kids think claiming "I'm so depressed and want to die" will garner sympathy, but to many don't even know what it is like to really feel like they want to die, let alone feel depressed. They think depression is "making little kids cry" kind of stuff, but it's not. For those who it is a real issue, the issue isn't those calling them out, but a serious mental health issue which needs to be treated offline with proper treatment rather than said kid claiming everyone should soft foot around them. It's not like the Michelle Carter situation where she actively provoked someone she knew had mental issues into killing themselves. The fact they're so quick to play the blame game, that's one of the reasons I tend to have doubts. For those who've been in that dark place, you don't really blame anyone except yourself, which is why you think about killing yourself, or harming yourself. If your blaming others, chances are it's a completely different issue, which typically involves seeking attention through any means possible. One example is Munchhausen syndrome, which is really scary.

we don't make NORMAL Americans lives a living hell in the name of control or just being a whiny little bitch

Those being whiny are those who are breaking the rules and not getting away with it.

Speaking of which, I got contacted by the fourteen-year-old writer to point out they're no longer fourteen, but to ask why their PM was posted. Their first PM was this, and the second explaining they weren't fourteen anymore. They also told me they did have their parents permission to self-publish.

So, I was told about someone threatening Cu members with Physical harm (part of an anti-bullying forum-not important). I noticed some things I said in a private PM that was certainly not with you. I know this is all online etc. but how did you get a hold of those. They are dubbed "private messaging for a reason. Now I don't regret what I said, but to find my PMs posted without my consent...may I ask where you even got them? Did the other person in the conversation send them to you or what? Are you that other person? Lastly, what makes it okay to do that?
Oh, and yes I did check the rules before I published the book online, and to be sure I checked them again. You have to be 18 or have permission from a parent/guardian. I fit the second guideline. Also, I'm not 14 anymore.

I explained why, along with the fact I didn't think they were ready for publication - which I still believe, and I got this.

While I thank you for the advice on my publishing a book, I have no need of it. Some people may be too young at 14 but I wasn't and still, I am not. While I questioned it at one point, some of my recent achievements have proven to me that I can hold my own in the adult world. The book is out there for the world to see, I'm proud of myself for doing it and no one can take that away from me. My original reason for contacting you was to get the post taken down but after sleeping on it I decided that I don't really care and by the time you respond everyone will have seen it anyway. Overall I've come to the conclusion that my time will be better spent elsewhere as fanfiction has lost the allure it held for me when I was younger. The hope was for me to get constructive criticism for my writing and CU has shoe. me there are better places for it, so I thank you for that. Whatever ambitions and dreams you have, I hope you achieve them. And thankyou for that link.

So, let's tear this one apart since the kid is in need of a serious reality check.

While I thank you for the advice on my publishing a book, I have no need of it.

Yes, they are. I'd not been aware of their writing before they contacted me, because I didn't know who they were, but sadly, if their fanfic is any indicator, I'm honestly reminded of Flavia Bujor who planned on publishing a second novel, but over ten years later, there is still no second novel because her first novel was such a blatant Mary Sue nobody wanted to pick her up, but her writing was worse than others for her age. There's also the chance of - from the attitude I've seen, of this one turning out like Alexandra Adornetto, who managed to also publish young, but whose writing never developed bast the Twilight stage because she got an ego to the point she openly mocked one of her negative reviewers, but flaked on events.

While I questioned it at one point, some of my recent achievements have proven to me that I can hold my own in the adult world. The book is out there for the world to see, I'm proud of myself for doing it and no one can take that away from me.

Says the child saying none of the adults, including her parents and teachers respect her. Says the child who had no idea until I told them that just because a PM means "private messaging" doesn't mean that the contents will remain private. Says the child who brags on their profile regarding their "academic achievement", not realizing how not amazing said achievements really are.

I've never been impressed with students in advanced/special placement programs unless their body of work merits praise, and since everyone of their works is so far a self-insert Mary Sue. Some of these students in these advanced/special placement programs get big heads thinking they're smarter than the students not in said programs, but that they're some kind of protegee because they're in said program, when in reality less than 1% of the kids in these programs are actual protegees, and some protegees never make the program because there's another issue going on. The thing is, most of these programs, like AP English are just busy work.

Also, taking low level college courses isn't an achievement, nor does it prove anything, not when there are so many kids going through fast track programs these days. Nor does a fast track program or taking a college level course prove you're ready for the adult world. College course do nothing to prepare you for social situations, and I've seen quite a few think they're ready, only to find the adult world is a lot harder than they thought. I can't remember where, but I read something about someone who had a friend with a mental issue who thought all of their issues would go away once they got to college, yet they didn't.

The book is out there for the world to see, I'm proud of myself for doing it and no one can take that away from me.

Maybe if they went through the vetting process, but this particular writer admitted to me they're self published, which means they didn't go through the editing process like the twins I heard who went through twenty drafts before publication. Flavia Bujor was also super proud of herself for publishing at a young age, yet where is she now? I doubt she sees the publication as an achievement anymore, simply because everyone notes that the only selling point of the work was her young age. That's the only reason she got published, but in this particular case, the young writer got published because their parents gave he okay. That's no achievement.

Worse though, the book is out there for the world to see, just like Flavia Bujor's is. It's not going to go away, and as such the writer is going to be remembered for what they published. What they post to the fanfic site is in need of major work, so people are going to look at the book and question why the writer got published before she was ready to. People feel Flavia Bujor shouldn't have been published when she was, but - even without looking at this writer's original fiction and only their fanfic, the same question is going to be asked. Actually, Stephanie Meyer is a published writer, but that's not considered an achievement as again, people question the fact she got published. The fact this writer simply got permission from their parents and self-published - yeah, the only thing vetting said writer was their parents.

It's now out there and permanent. People aren't going to go easy on them simply because they're a young writer. In fact, it's going to be far worse as the question of whether they should have published is going to follow them. Telling a writer to hold off publishing is not the same as telling them to hold off writing. It's bad enough adult writers are self-publishing before their books are ready for publication simply because self-publication allows them to do so, but because anybody can self-publish anything, regardless of quality, it means nothing.

My original reason for contacting you was to get the post taken down but after sleeping on it I decided that I don't really care and by the time you respond everyone will have seen it anyway.

Not only am I not a member of the CU, which is another thing which says they're not ready for the adult world, as I explained, the CU is in their right.

Overall I've come to the conclusion that my time will be better spent elsewhere as fanfiction has lost the allure it held for me when I was younger.

Me thinks they're still a bit young to talk about allures of their younger years, but if they really have lost interest, they're no writer and writing's just a game for them. If a story is stuck in your head, you've got to get it out, and if it involves another person's characters, it involves another persons character. Me thinks they think they're going to be successful at original fiction instead. The lure of self-publishing though will also soon loose it's allure.

The hope was for me to get constructive criticism for my writing and CU has shoe. me there are better places for it, so I thank you for that.

If they can't take the constructive criticism regarding following the rules, there is no way they're ready for constructive criticism. Worse, they're published under their real name, and run the chance of receiving negative reviews on their novel they published, which I doubt they're going to handle well. I mean, they think people should respect them simply because they self-published.

As for the link, it's a link to publications which accept writing from young writers, particularly short stories and poetry. The problem is, this writer doesn't stand a chance of getting published - their fanfic being an indicator - in any of these publications. The writing of those the same age which gets published - and I have read them, it's better and more polished. That's not a good thing, and I wouldn't have known had said writer not contacted me.

And no, I can't take this one seriously as a writer, because they've no clue the amount of work involved to make a good piece.

1/30 #1,241
Light Filled City
Because I worked hard on it and there are plenty of other stories just like it

I'm sure there are twenty thousand replies like this but it's my first time getting that cliched response and I thought I'd post in here because it really is the worst.

2/4 #1,242
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Checking back at a few things and found this very interesting note on someone's profile about us.

Definitely rethinking things when I read a notice that disabled man (with a disabled daughter) had a heart attack because of people like Critics United. Those jerk-off's are liberal demons in human skin, anywhere they go they bring despair with them. (I even watched a video about SJW MLP fans and the first one of ten was a group of those a-holes making a little girl cry and harassing her because she didn't make a Fluttershy doll to THEIR specifications, just like the Steven Universe artist incident.)

Apparently we caused someone to have a heart attack? That's new to me. Gotta love how we're also "liberal demons". Methinks we have a case of someone watching one too many Sargon of Akkadd videos on youtube to be pushing that narrative.

I also find it amusing how they are claiming SJW MLP fans are at work on something and blame us even though none of us ever go near the My Little Pony section.

But whatever, I suppose we have someone who needs to be the big bad alt-right member to show off to people. So big and bad that when they sent attacking style PM's to me they blocked me rather than take a chance I'd reply. Guess they don't want me to give them a heart attack or bring them to tears as well. ;)

2/7 #1,243
ZadArchie

I'd like to know how we're "liberal." Some days I'm called a conservative Nazi by these people, and now "liberal demons." I'd like to know which I am because I'm having a desperate identity crisis without knowing :)

2/7 #1,244
Yemi Hikari

Oh boy. I guess I'll start off with some definitions.

Wikipedia - Social justice warrior (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics. The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that she or he is pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction, and engaging in disingenuous arguments.

A lot of us - the members and non-members like myself do have a deep-seated conviction regarding the following of the rules. We don't agree with MA content - which is meant to be for eighteen and up - being put in a category meant for sixteen and up. Many of us have seen certain fandoms clogged down with rule breaking material. And what about copyright infringement, where a large amount of copying from the original text is occuring.

In addition to these, none of these view points fall into the categories mentioned above! Having looked into the MLP/Steven Universe case, they're really doing a disservice to those who are REAL victims of SJWs, but one of the fandoms I'm in is having problems with these people who are only doing it for personal validation of their ship. They've accused artists of making a POC character too light for example despite the fact the artist actually color matched to the actual cartoon in question, but others are making her super dark compared to her canon self. The argue things like "it's not real bi representation if the character is in a heterosexual relationship", among a whole lot of other things.

We're talking kids being called out for BREAKING A SITE RULES! There is a MAJOR, MAJOR DIFFERENCE!

P.S. I found plenty of info on SJWs within the MLP and Steven Universe fandoms. What I did not find was a disabled male accusing you guys of causing them to have a heart attack, only people repeating the rumor hearsay.

Edit - 2/8/2018 - Thinking further on the subject, the real SJWs are the rule breakers, as they're attempting to push what they think is social justice, but in reality all they care about is getting their way, but they've got no issues with telling others to go die, or claiming they'll commit suicide if they don't get their way. Spreading a rumor that you guys caused a heart attack - which I think the person who made the claim personally made up - that's another SJW tactic. So no, not cool.

2/7 . Edited 2/8 #1,245
ZadArchie

Ooh, someone came out of the gate ready for a fight. Defenders always are the worst.

Nobody gives a f*** on what you say, because it's all bulls***. Leave us alone with your halfa**, mediocre, fake apology. If you did this to the people that wrote the 'watching (some other fandom)' stories I wouldn't give a f***, but you don't. So just back the f*** off. Or kill yourself. I don't care which one you do just leave us alone. If you are trying to make us mad, then congrats you succeeded, now just stop. You are not bringing happiness to anyone right now, since you decide to get rid of a great story. All in all F*** YOU! It hard to find nice things on this site, and when I finally find one simple nice thing, you take it away, and it was it cool, and that's not something a nice person would so, just quite your job (that's probably not real) that you don't get paid to do, and quite bringing sadness to peoples life. It's real sad that you have the time to bring depression and sadness to peoples lives.

Let's break it down and look at some of the highlights.

If you did this to the people that wrote the 'watching (some other fandom)' stories I wouldn't give a f***, but you don't.

Ah, so now you've really shown your true colors. It's okay for me to tell people in other fandoms to follow the rules, but not your fandom because you're that special. Wow, that's special snowflake syndrome if I've ever seen it.

If you are trying to make us mad, then congrats you succeeded, now just stop. You are not bringing happiness to anyone right now, since you decide to get rid of a great story.

Ain't in the business of bring smiles. Sorry to disappoint.

All in all F*** YOU! It hard to find nice things on this site, and when I finally find one simple nice thing, you take it away, and it was it cool, and that's not something a nice person would so, just quite your job (that's probably not real) that you don't get paid to do, and quite bringing sadness to peoples life.

I didn't do anything. If the author chose to delete the story of their own accord to handle the situation, then that is their decision.

My response?

Well, this isn't about making people happy. It's about knowing how to follow the rules. Whether we agree with them or not, we still have to follow them. And for the record, I didn't take anything away. That was the author's choice. I have suggestions on how to edit the story to make it compliant with the rules, but if deleting it was how they wanted to fix the problem, that was their choice.

Theirs?

Kill yourself. F******** cracker

Ah, yes, when you can't come up with a rational argument, you resort to childish name-calling. Bravo!

2/12 #1,246
MrGoodyTwoShoes

You know, they outed themselves as both a racist and a cyberbully. If you were really the thin skinned type Zad you'd be screaming to the high heavens about someone on this site telling you to kill yourself and using racial slurs.

Might also be something to report to the admins about with screenshots since you have the evidence of the Pm's they sent you. ;)

2/12 #1,247
Yemi Hikari

On top of being guilty of what Goody said which as they pointed out can be reported to the admins... Did they mean sarcastic apologies when they said fake apologies? Do they not realize you get sarcastic apologies when no apology is needed, but is still expected? That's not a fake apology. A fake apology in that case would be trying to butter them up to make them your friend.

2/15 #1,248
ZadArchie

Got this gem of a guest review today:

Excuse me but you're nothing but a hypocrite. You hound people for making challenges which you say is not allowed on this site, yet you answer challenges?...What?

No, no, no, I've never said that challenges aren't allowed. What I have said however, is that posting a challenge as a non-story announcement is what's not allowed. Challenges are the kind of thing that should be posted to a forum. Not only does that make sure you're kosher with the rules, but it gets you the right traffic looking at your challenge idea. Most of the time, only readers are looking at your stories, not writers. Writers use the forums and they're more likely to see it that way. Heck, I even post a link to a forum thread just for challenges on a popular forum when I give those kinds of reviews. I want you to still have your challenge, just within the rules. So, therefore, when I go and write stories for challenges, I only answer to challenges that have been properly posted on...(you guessed it) a forum. Seriously, read what I'm saying before you go and make an idiot out of yourself with comments like this.

2/27 #1,249
Yemi Hikari

Myself as well. Of course, most are my own challenges that I posted to my own forum or Wattpad that nobody else has taken up, but then again, I know I'm posting to the wrong forum and not getting enough attention for them in the first place.

2/28 #1,250
ZadArchie

Love me the smell of defenders in the morning. Honestly, I can count on angry authors to be consistent and throw me the same arguments over and over again, but defenders find new ways to get me scratching my head about their logic. So, I picked up a story off the tipline a while back for song lyrics, and this morning, I get these two PMs. Please note, my responses are being transcribed as best I can remember them. Defender blocked me before I could save this lovely exchange.

Thank you. You're MUCH nicer than (tipline poster name redacted)

Unfortunately, however, changing the words would MESS UP the story

Well, this isn't your story, though. My reviews are written for the authors of work. So, kindly butt out,

You don't think I can be concerned for my friends?

When I see that changing some aspect of a story will mess it up, I FIGHT FIERCELY to keep the story as it is, WHETHER OR NOT it's mine

Telling someone to continue breaking the rules is not being a good friend. They could lose their story or their account over this. The admins do take these rules seriously, and they have been known to delete stuff over them.

A rule breaking story does NOT mean the author loses his/her account. I know because I've had rule breaking stories on here before

Well, not immediately. However, repeat offenders could lose their accounts. But they still are at risk for losing their story. And since you've brought attention to your own work, I'll be checking some of your stories now.

Usually, defenders like this have something of their own breaking the rules. Strangely, this one didn't. They weren't kidding. They've had stuff deleted in the past and they learned from their mistake. You'd think someone like this would be more inclined to help a friend out.

Now then, the story in question WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE without the lyrics

Oh, no need to check my stories. I MAKE SURE they all follow the rules

Doesn't matter. The story is still breaking the rules. And yes, I did check. You're stories do follow the rules. So, actually help your friend out by telling them to do the same thing.

Oh, I will. But know this: rule robots and grammar nazis are my TWO BIGGEST pet peeves

Unlike you, I believe that people should NOT be forced to do what others tell them to, except when the one giving the orders is their parent, teacher, or a policeman

I'm going to do good and pretend this conversation never happened

Oh, and I've NEVER had my account suspended. EVER

Whatever. Rules are rules, and there are consequences for not following them. Your logic is incredibly flawed. I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that sounds. The admins made this site, and they let us use it for free out of the goodness of their hearts so long as we follow the rules. And we have the freedom to go to other sites if we don't like those rules. Your friend has a choice to make, but I'm not going to have any qualms about reporting them if they refuse to fix their story.

I just...can't even with this person.

3/7 #1,251
Yemi Hikari

I found this one amusing. I've 99% of songfic either uses song lyrics as a crutch for poor writing, or said song lyrics have nothing to do with said story and removing them actually makes the story better. For the former, the fact the poor writing becomes clear to the reader once the song lyrics are removed isn't because the lyrics mess the story up, but because the story was messed up in the first place.

3/8 #1,252
ZadArchie

I've been saving this gem for a while. Yet another defender who came to the rescue, only to draw attention to their own rule-breaking fic. I'll give them this: they started with an interesting approach.

Did you know that's there is a program that was developed to go through stories and automatically delete and remove ones that don't follow the guidelines set forth by those that manage this site?? Therefore you don't need to leave paragraph long review on something that you don't like or agree with. Now have a nice day watching teen titans.

How cute; they think I'm a moron.

There is no such thing. FFnet's tech is incredibly outdated and they have made very little changes in the way they operate (hence why we're having all these glitches lately). They have no means of sifting through every single thing that gets posted. Honestly, do you really think I'm that dumb?

Dumb enough to think you have the right to tell people what they should or should not post.

No, just reminding you about the rules is all. The admins are the ones telling you what you should or should not post. Since we all agreed to these terms when we sign up for accounts, we're expected to follow them.

Do you realize you are contradicting yourself? You say the admins are the ones telling us what we should or should not publish, and yet you took it upon yourself to tell an author what she should and should not be posting.

Right...

No, there's a big difference between telling someone what to do, and reminding someone about the rules they agreed to follow. If I was telling you what to do, I'd be saying these are my decisions, that I don't like these kinds of stories. I happen to like chat/scripts. I happen to enjoy writing a few MA stories every now and again. But, the admins made rules saying we can't have those. Fine, then I'll take my business somewhere else, write those stories on other sites that are fine with them, and follow the rules over here. What I'm doing is reminding you that these are the rules, and if you don't fix your story to follow those rules, the admins are going to take your story away, and possibly suspend and/or delete your account. I don't like to see that happen, so that's why I remind people about the rules.

And that isn't your place. Now I know its not my place to tell you where your place is, but your place is to read or write or be a beta reader. Not, for lack of a better phrase, to be a hall monitor and tell people the rules. There are thousands if not more stories that have strong sexual content in them. That's why the author puts warnings in the summary section and in side the story before each chapter. So there is absolutely no reason for you to leave reviews on stories that don't follow every single rule.

Actually, there is. The admins of this site set up an honor system for administering their rules, which includes the report button. All members of this site are expected to follow the rules and report those who do not. I just take the extra step to give authors a heads up that their story breaks the rules and a chance to fix it because the admins sure as heck don't give you those kinds of chances. They just delete stuff without even telling you. If authors don't want to take that advice, that's their call, but I did at least warn them that the rules exist and consequences exist for not following them. Now, I could just be a jerk and report their stories without telling them like everyone else does. I mean, that's how the admins set up the system. I don't have to be a nice guy and try and help you.

The MA rating is there for a reason. Why can't you be normal and just let the author and the readers be? There is a story far more..... disrespectful than the one I am speaking of that has been up for more than six years and has close to three hundred thousand follows. So clearly there is a no reason for a commoner such as yourself to go around leaving unwanted and unwarranted reviews.

It took me a minute to realize that what they're saying is they think the MA rating is still an option around here. Guess they haven't bothered to look at the rating choices in a long while. And, I'm sorry, did they just call me a "commoner?" I didn't realize we were in feudal Europe. I'm terribly sorry, your grace.

But that's just it: the MA rating does not exist on this site. The admins took that option away from us in 2002. That means, all stories have to fit an M rating or less. MA content cannot be on this site. Why? Because I happen to like this site, and I happen to like being able to use it for free. The more users keep abusing the rules and breaking them, the more likely it's going to become that the admins are either going to start making us pay for accounts or just shutting down completely. I don't like either of those options. That's why I review. That's why I try to help. Popularity is not a shield, you know. So what if a story has a lot of followers and reviews? It's still breaking the rules, and the admins will get around to deleting it eventually. I really don't care if you think the reviews are warranted or not. I'm doing my part, and that's all there is to it. Don't like it? You don't have to listen to me. You can just ignore me, I report your story, and we move on with our lives.

Except it wasn't my story you reported. It was my friends. Something you said hurt her. And I don't like that you hurt my friend. But its not my place to do anything. Just long enough for someone else to do their job. It was not nice talking to you.

Yeah, but then you drew attention to your own profile by PMing me. I checked. You have a story with copyrighted song lyrics in it. Or did you not notice the review I sent a couple weeks ago? So, I've reported your story after this exchange, since you clearly don't care about the rules. I don't know who your friend is, but if they've also made it clear to me they have no intention of changing their work, then I'm reporting that one too.

To be honest, I don't think that author's made a move since then. Their friend's at least kept a low profile since my review.

I probably did and deleted it from my email before finishing the second word.

Exactly, which proves to me you don't care about the rules, and you don't care about the site. You care only about yourself. I can't possibly imagine acting that selfish.

No. I care about writing because I enjoy it and I write because I care about all the people that read my stories to get away from this awful world. So when someone asks me to do a song fic, or something with sex, or anything that may challenge your precious rules then yes, I am going to write it. So I guess I am selfish. Because knowing that something I wrote helped take away someones pain makes me feel high. And that high I get makes me write more. And no one and nothing is going to stop me from writing. Because if no one pushed the rules a little then this world wouldn't be worth living in

Went off the deep end a little, didn't we?

I just can't get over how ridiculous that sounds. Look, if I want to write a story that isn't going to fit in the rules of this site, then I go to another site, like AO3 to post it. Their rules are a lot laxer, and I can write what I want. I get the point of writing, but nothing is worth breaking very simple rules over. My readers need to understand that me still being able to use this site and not have my account taken away by the admins is more important to me than just breaking the rules for their amusement.

3/24 #1,253
MrGoodyTwoShoes

You know Zad, I wonder if they're thinking of the ill fated "Redbotten" that was cooked up by a one time Lu member all those years ago? If so, they're still wrong in that it didn't delete things, just sent mass reports about things it found.

3/25 #1,254
ZadArchie

Never heard of that one. It just struck me as a new variation of the "you're not an admin, so let them tell me it's a problem" excuse.

Oh, but you will love this one I got recently. If all the legal wording, "fair use," and "disclaimer" talk doesn't tip you off, this one was for song lyrics. Yemi, you're always so good at analyzing these. Enjoy:

Hello,

Thank you for noting you concerns and doing so in a generally civil fashion. I will repeat her what I posted as a public reply to the concerns you raised just for your reference.

Response to ZadArchie:

1) Regarding the use of lyrics, Look up U.S. Copyright office Section 107 of the Copyright Act regarding 'Fair Use'. The use of segments and references to those those lyrics is not considered 'copying' the lyrics as prohibited by this sites rules.

There lyrics referenced in this work are used in transformative manner consistent with all legal doctrine on the subject as it is not a rote copying or plagiarizing of the lyrics but a presentation of portions the well known pop culture songs in a creative, often parody version of the original material. This meets both the technical aspects of the law and rules as well as the spirit of them.

It would be a parody if you had changed more than just one or two words to fit the names of the characters.

2) In addition to the fact that this meets all legal precedent for referencing such material, I will go further and say that if any of the owners of those pieces has any problem what-so-ever with my referencing them here, I will remove them with out complaint even though it meets all legal qualifications under 'Fair Use'.

3) While I can appreciate your zeal for fighting plagiarism, you should take a more careful look at both the relevant laws and rules ant the usage of material here within. Such a narrow view of what qualifies as plagiarism would mean that every fanfiction story on this site is guilty of plagiarizing from the original story/movie the fic is based off of. Also while I appreciate the friendly if slightly misguided critique here, some members of your group 'Critics United' have pursed any sort of reference to songs in all of my stories with a sort of blind zealotry, contacting me outside of fanfiction in manners that has cross far beyond a well meaning critique and has gone well into the territory of harassment.

I do appreciate your concerns regarding copyright infringement and plagiarism as there are legitimate cases out there of gross violations of such, but your view, atleast in this particular case is taking a rather... extreme, view of what would qualify as such. Any reasonable reading of the relevant laws and rules as well as the usage here in of the songs referenced in the chapter fall within acceptable usage.

In addition in regards to the particular ToS on fanfiction, please take a careful reading of section 6 part D particularly the portion stating 'you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights' I went so far as to contact a lawyer I know and asked him about this. His response was that since the 'copyrights' and 'third party proprietary rights' specified in the ToS refer to the the legal copyright laws, and that the 'Fair use' clause is part of those laws regarding what is a violation or classed as plagiarism, That anything that qualifies under 'fair use' is in keeping with this particular ToS. He addition went on to say that a nonprofit posting of a transformation work such as this that references commonly known pop lyrics (even if those references are in the form of quoted segments so long as there usage is in a generally creative transformative manner) it's a 'slam dunk' as he put it, for a winning case of 'Fair Usage'.

So while I appreciate your concerns, I would ask that you take a more reasoned approach to fighting plagiarism, or at least listen to the lawyers. There are more nuances to what constitutes copying and plagiarizing than I think you are considering, as well meaning as you seem to be. In the end this is a simple creative fanfic story written and posted free of charge for my friends and other readers and writers to enjoy and does not make any sort of violation of the copyrights. Writing the fanfic is not an infringement on the movies copyright and referencing those songs particularly in the manner I did within the story is not an infringement on copyright either. Its not much different than if I sing those songs with friends while out in public. So thank you but I think there are far far more real cases of actual copyright infringement out there for you to focus on than this. As I have said before, If any of the owners have an sot of issue with it I will gladly listen to them even if I am well within the rules. But frankly you are not those owners. In addition the legal counsel I consulted has told me that this is not plagiarism, so while I am sure you have good intentions in posting your critique, legally speaking and with regard to the ToS it is factually incorrect.

I hope this satisfies your concerns regarding this issue, but even if your personal opinion on the matter does not agree, as I have gone well beyond normal standards to insure that I am not in any sort of violation of the rules or copyrights and in addition you are not one of the parties germane to this, I would kindly ask that you and particularly the more, lets call them 'vocal and insistent' members of your unofficial watchdog group drop this matter regarding my stories.

My response:

You can throw whatever nonsense you want at me, but I do at least check before leaving these reviews. I looked. You are copying, word for word, some of these lyrics. Since you indicate that you will not be fixing this issue, I have no choice but to report your story. I tried to be nice and help give you a chance to avoid that, but if the admins are the only thing you'll listen to, then I no longer have any sympathy for your situation.

Yeah, it's short and not as long-winded. So, they probably think they've won with their "far superior" knowledge. But, honestly, I don't mind being proven wrong. If the admins leave this one alone, fine by me. I'm okay with looking like a silly a**. I don't know if this author is, though.

3/25 . Edited 3/25 #1,255
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Gotta love people who read wikipedia and think it makes them a legal expert while missing (or omitting) that it's all oot given how the site's rules says it's not allowed. Supposed legal expertise means nothing.

Never heard of that one. It just struck me as a new variation of the "you're not an admin, so let them tell me it's a problem" excuse.

I'll tell the story as I know it with the rumours I picked up on but was never able to confirm:

1) LU member develops a bot (or script - this comes up later) that is designed to help them find and report rule infringing stories

2) put into action, very effective

3) site outrage with claims of it hacking accounts to deleting stories to banning authors. CU members are contacted but all (which is shocking given how CU was back then) choose to remain neutral.

4) the maker of said bot/script starts being questioned on if it's actually legal to use on the site under the ToS. Claims it's either and both a script and a bot when asked but never gives a concrete answer to what it is.

4a) rumoured bot.script is said to have a high false positive ratio (6 out of 10 and 8 out of 10 were numbers I was given) but creator isn't concerned.

5) Rumoured the admins came down hard on the LU and said bot/script creator. Redbotten was removed. Temp bans given out.

6) Capacha is added to abuse reports to ensure Redbotten and the likes can never be used again.

3/25 #1,256
Yemi Hikari
Except it wasn't my story you reported. It was my friends. Something you said hurt her. And I don't like that you hurt my friend. But its not my place to do anything. Just long enough for someone else to do their job. It was not nice talking to you.

Both need to grow up and that they aren't victims simply because they didn't get their way, or got their feelings hurt. Telling someone the truth isn't rude, or "not nice". The better wording is to say "it wasn't enjoyable talking to you", because you were very polite in the manner you responded.

No. I care about writing because I enjoy it and I write because I care about all the people that read my stories to get away from this awful world. So when someone asks me to do a song fic, or something with sex, or anything that may challenge your precious rules then yes, I am going to write it. So I guess I am selfish. Because knowing that something I wrote helped take away someones pain makes me feel high. And that high I get makes me write more. And no one and nothing is going to stop me from writing. Because if no one pushed the rules a little then this world wouldn't be worth living in

I read this, and I don't think they really do care about writing, but instead care about the attention it gives them. Same thing goes for writing a songfic, or a story containing a sex scene. They're not really doing it for the writer, but for the attention. None of those things actually make readers feel better, despite what they said, but a real writer attempts to write those things without being asked, but finds ways to do it within the site rules. This isn't to say I've not written things for people, but I wrote them because I felt the request.

As for pushing the rules, I doubt they really understand what that means. It means actually working within the rules, not necessarily breaking said rules for some adrenaline high.

As for the second one...

Yeah. Changing the name and pronouns and one or two other words doesn't count, but is a slap in the face. For something to be transformative, one must add new meaning, not simply change a few words here and there, but there is nothing at all creative about changing a few words. The worst offenders are the ones who simply change names and pronouns, but writing a good song parody is hard.

@ Goody - Well, in this particular case I doubt they really looked at anything, because if they had looked at 107 they would have seen the four measuring standards, or which their work fails under number three due to "amount and substantial of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole". Since it has no added meaning, it also fails on number one, but song lyrics are actually more protected under number two, and four - well, that's the only one I'd say this may skate by on, and even that may be iffy.

As for Redbotten, you pretty much summed the situation up quite well. The one part missing is the fact the creator openly admitted their goal was to flame people, not to clear out the rule breakers. That's why they weren't concerned with the false positive ratio. The way the programmed worked was if a person wrote a story about Nightwing and used the name he prefers being called, they'd be caught by the program, but there were other issues.

3/25 #1,257
ZadArchie

Yet another defender who shuts down after they can't come up with a logical response. I'm not sure which story they were defending, but it's still nice to get some practice in on answering questions. Still, I laughed at the subject of this PM: About Critics United and the Hypocracy within it.

So your basically saying that Second Person stories are 'Interactive', even though there is no freedom of choice or anything along those regards? If so, there should be no First Person stories, as those put the reader directly into the Character's body!

If you lot are supposed to be Critics, then why do so many poorly written stories get here anyway!?

My response to the first sentence: Yes, because if I were to write a story in second-person, I'm talking directly to "you" the reader. I'm saying that "you" are the character in the story. And in some cases with second-person, the author leaves spaces for the reader to insert their name or details about themselves such as "Y/N" for "your name" or "Y/EC" for "your eye color." If I were writing this way, then I'm saying that you the reader are an active participant in this story because you're the character.

My response to the second sentence: But, first-person has the more impersonal aspect of the reader knowing that they are not the character, they are just witnessing events through their eyes. In first-person language, they aren't part of the story. Second-person language asks for interaction from the reader. First-person and third-person only ask for the reader to identify with the character, which is much different.

Although, if we were to get technical about it, any reader can claim they're "interacting" with a story, whether or not the story is in second-person, and most people do because they don't know the difference between interacting and identifying. But, here's the thing: it really doesn't matter what you or I consider "interacting" when it comes to the rules. What matters is the admins' interpretation, and they've interpreted second-person language as interactive in the following rule:

Entries not allowed:

1. Non-stories: lists, bloopers, polls, previews, challenges, author notes, and etc.

2. One or two liners.

3. MST: comments inserted in between the flow of a copied story.

4. Stories with non-historical and non-fictional characters: actors, musicians, and etc.

5. Any form of interactive entry: choose your adventure, second person/you based, Q&As, and etc.

6. Chat/script format and keyboard dialogue based entries

Number 5 says that second-person is interactive. It doesn't matter whether you or I agree with that definition or not. The admins will delete stories that are written in second-person for that reason alone. So, we have to accept it. I'm just bothering to warn authors and give them a chance to fix their story before the admins come delete it. No author should ever lose their work.

My response to the third sentence: Because "bad writing" isn't technically a crime. Sure, a story may be horribly written, may have a bad plot, may have poorly developed characters, etc. And yeah, if I'm reading a story that's bad, I'll offer suggestions in my reviews, but that doesn't mean that the author has to change their story. They don't have to listen to me.

But the rules aren't about "bad writing." The rules are just about following the rules. Stories on here can be bad, but as long as they follow the rules, the admins have to let those stories stay. We don't get to call the shots. They do, and we have to either go along to get along or just not post here at all. There are better fanfic sites out there that do accept more material that would otherwise break the rules here.

Really? Those rules have been left that way since 2005,if not 2002... That they've never changed. I've heard of the infamy your "Critics United" did to story communities for 'Breaking Rules', simply for being a "Characters React" story, which were not breaking any rules... And were made with the Story Writer's permission.

Also, I have seen a lot of One Word Stories, as in literally One stinking Word or less. Several are still up.

And where are Those Admins? Have they helped or appeared to people? No. They haven't even updated the site.

So, let's break this one down for my responses:

Really? Those rules have been left that way since 2005,if not 2002...

Exactly, meaning they aren't going to change them anytime soon. So, they continue to delete stories that break those rules.

I've heard of the infamy your "Critics United" did to story communities for 'Breaking Rules', simply for being a "Characters React" story, which were not breaking any rules...

Actually, those are against the rules as well. They are what's called MST's, which is not allowed under number 3 on the Entries not allowed. It really doesn't matter if they have the author's permission or not. It's still an MST. It's still copying. It's still against the rules.

Also, I have seen a lot of One Word Stories, as in literally One stinking Word or less. Several are still up.

Oh, really? Well, thank you for drawing attention to your profile. I'll be reporting those stories now.

Oops, I misread that the first time. I thought they meant they had a lot of one-word stories. Upon checking their profile after this message was sent, I figured out my mistake. They did still have a non-story chapter issue, though.

And where are Those Admins? Have they helped or appeared to people? No. They haven't even updated the site.

True, they are slow, and they are understaffed, but they do get to those reports eventually. So, most stories that break the rules are just ticking time bombs for when they'll be deleted. It'll happen, or the admins will just get so fed up with so many stories breaking their rules that they'll just shut down. I don't think anyone wants that to happen, but hey, that's the slowly sinking boat we're all in right now.

Afterwards, they PMed back about the review I had left on their non-story chapter.

So you don't like my answer? Then don't bother. You basically just showed how petty You are.

Hey, you PMed me, which draws attention to your profile and your stories. Never said I didn't like your answer. I just proved why you were wrong.

And, I reread what you said about the one-word stories. I thought you meant you had them. No, those are trollfics, and we just outright report those, no reviews.

They blocked me after that. Goes to show how these defenders rage quit when they know they can't throw anything else at you.

3/31 #1,258
ZadArchie

So, same defender decided to fight back without me able to defend myself (being blocked and all) by posting this to their profile:

I recently had a run in with a "Critics United" Author, after finding he put a claim on one chapter on (another author's story)about it, "Violating Guidelines". I pointed out the flaw in his 'Logic', and after two comments, got this on My already ended Story of (title redacted), even though it is listed as Complete and is stated to never be updated again:

This latest update is not so much part of the story as it is author's notes, making it non-story content. Non-story content is not permitted on this site per the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we signed up for accounts. Kindly move this update to your profile or at the end of chapter 3, which does contain story content. Take these suggestions into consideration as they will help you avoid ToS issues in the future. Please understand, I say what I say in the spirit of what this site is about: making good stories great, if not brilliant.

Best,

Zad

Critics United

This shows how petty Critics United Can be when they Don't like people following them like Mindless drones. They Don't like it when people ask questions, or when they Don't ignore how outdated This site is. The only reason I use This site, is for The relative ease of interface, compared to The Complete Messy Nightmare that is Archive of Our Own and Wattpad, and have to put up with The Damoclaues Sword that is 'Critics United', whom I feel are heavy Night Templars who I once remember, actually Broke Rules once, to Attack someone who posted stories on both Archive of Our Own and , breaking their Own set laws and showing themselves as Hypocrites.

I have never seen The Admins of This Site, and I haven't seen them update The rules in almost a Decade, if not already come to pass. I will never accept any message from Critics United, Only The Admins themselves. If they have problems with a Person, they should tell THEM, and not from their Enforcer units.

And for those hoping for an update, I am afraid This isn't it. My computer screen is dead, and I am Job Hunting to get a new one to get (another story) up. To all those hoping for it, This isn't a new chapter, and I am Sorry. I updated This, to show that Critics United, is not a mere Boogie man, they are a THREAT, and need to be put down. They have been a Nightmare that stalks The corners of Fanfiction.Net, speaking as if THEY Own The Site, and proclaim that The Admins never changed The Site Rules because they are 'Perfect'.

I checked. The Admins had not updated The site, and all updates have been related to "App Friendliness", which is not Admin made. They haven't updated The site since 2013. They Don't care about change, and Critics United is a Knight Templar that doesn't do their Job Properly.

They have never put reviews on Stories that are Walls of Text, They have never helped with anyone who has made punctuation mistakes in their Story, and proclaim anyone who 'Violates Rules' that have never changed since The Site was made, showing disturbing rigidity, as 'Bad' and threatens them to be taken down. They are Violating their Own Name as "Critics", and showing They are no better than everyone who writes bad stories.

Critics United has been a blight upon This site, and has violated the very name of "Critics" with how they act. They are the KKK of this site, and unless they start doing their job Properly, such as actually dealing with the Truly Bad Stories, will never be worthy of any other title

(name redacted), Author of (title redacted), and enraged at the pettiness of Critics United.

Now, I know some of the rest of CU is eager to pick this one apart, but let me share some of my highlights. Ignoring their inability to know how to use capitalization, let's move on to what was actually said.

I recently had a run in with a "Critics United" Author, after finding he put a claim on one chapter on (another author's story)about it, "Violating Guidelines".

Ah, this answers my question about which story they were defending.

I pointed out the flaw in his 'Logic', and after two comments,

And I threw that logic back at you. Your point?

They Don't like it when people ask questions,

No, never said that. I actually enjoy the questions. I'd rather someone leave a conversation more informed than ignorant.

or when they Don't ignore how outdated This site is.

I agree it would be nice to hear more from the admins, and some updates would be welcomed, but that ain't going to happen any time soon, so we'd best just settle in.

have to put up with The Damoclaues Sword that is 'Critics United', whom I feel are heavy Night Templars who I once remember, actually Broke Rules once, to Attack someone who posted stories on both Archive of Our Own and , breaking their Own set laws and showing themselves as Hypocrites.

Are they referencing any event in particular here? Or, is this just made up bunk?

I have never seen The Admins of This Site, and I haven't seen them update The rules in almost a Decade, if not already come to pass.

No, they haven't updated the rules. That's not an excuse to say, "I don't have to follow them." That's their way of saying, "We've made our choices and we're sticking to them. Get used to it." The fact that they haven't changed the rules in over a decade is their version of putting their foot down on the issue.

I will never accept any message from Critics United, Only The Admins themselves. If they have problems with a Person, they should tell THEM, and not from their Enforcer units.

Oh, by all means, that's perfectly fine. If you don't want to listen, you don't have to. If you want to wait for the admins to "tell" you they have a problem, that's perfectly fine. You'll be waiting an awful long while though, since they don't "tell" you anything. They just delete. But hey, I only took the time to give you a chance to avoid that happening. Don't come crying to me when the silent admins tell you nothing and just take stuff away.

They have been a Nightmare that stalks The corners of Fanfiction.Net, speaking as if THEY Own The Site, and proclaim that The Admins never changed The Site Rules because they are 'Perfect'.

One, never said I owned the site. Average user just like you who takes the time out of my day to try and help people keep their work on this site. Two, never said the admins were perfect, just set in their ways.

I checked. The Admins had not updated The site, and all updates have been related to "App Friendliness", which is not Admin made. They haven't updated The site since 2013. They Don't care about change,

I'll agree the admins aren't interested in change. That may hurt them in the future, but hey, it's their site. They can do whatever they want.

They have never put reviews on Stories that are Walls of Text, They have never helped with anyone who has made punctuation mistakes in their Story, and proclaim anyone who 'Violates Rules' that have never changed since The Site was made, showing disturbing rigidity, as 'Bad' and threatens them to be taken down. They are Violating their Own Name as "Critics", and showing They are no better than everyone who writes bad stories.

Oh, I've been waiting to take apart this one. First, CU reviews are not the only reviews I do. I review stories I enjoy, I do review exchanges, and I play review games. Those reviews are constructive criticism as well as praise where praise is due. I can't speak for all members of CU and whether or not they do this as well. But don't go making wild claims that you have no backing for. And again, as my PM exchange said, yeah, bad stories suck, but what are you going to do about it? So long as they follow the rules, they have every right to be here as we do.

They are the KKK of this site, and unless they start doing their job Properly, such as actually dealing with the Truly Bad Stories, will never be worthy of any other title

I think we need a refresher course on what "critic" means. But, again, bad writing isn't a crime. I can review and review until I'm blue in the face to try and help someone fix their punctuation, but that isn't going to mean they're going to listen. And, if they follow the rules, there's nothing I can do. So, sorry it's not convenient for you.

4/1 #1,259
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Wow Zad, you're going for me record of finding the nutjobs and this one is up there.

I recently had a run in with a "Critics United" Author, after finding he put a claim on one chapter on (another author's story)about it, "Violating Guidelines". I pointed out the flaw in his 'Logic', and after two comments, got this on My already ended Story of (title redacted), even though it is listed as Complete and is stated to never be updated again

Oh Woe is me, I r the victim eh? You know, maybe if you kept your big ya shut then you wouldn't have gotten on Zad's (and thus CU's) radar?

and so what if it's completed? If it still breaks the rules then it still breaks the rules. The Rules don't magically go away just because you mark it as "completed" dumbass. So long as you have writing on this site it's subject to the rules of it.

Oh I think this one is going to be one of these fun ones.

This shows how petty Critics United Can be when they Don't like people following them like Mindless drones.

Ummm...maybe I missed something but what part of Zad's review is "petty"? He pointed out the issues and gave you suggestions on how to fix it.If what he did counts as "petty" to you then I hate to see what you would call "malicious",

I also haven't seen all your interactions with him but I'm willing to bet you practically dared Zad to review your work because you think you're untouchable. Also, "mindless drones"? Really?

Methinks we've found something who don't think the rules of the site applies to them.

They Don't like it when people ask questions

ya because the q&A section along with the "stories you're not sure about" threads we have here are really just for show. Try harder dumbass.

or when they Don't ignore how outdated This site is.

What? What does this have to do with the fact that you can't read or follow the rules here? Don't tell me you're actually going to the blame the website for the fact that you can't be bothered to read and abide by the rules here?

The only reason I use This site, is for The relative ease of interface, compared to The Complete Messy Nightmare that is Archive of Our Own and Wattpad,

Bad grammar aside, you might want to consider just moving on form being here. It's clear you're not enjoying this place and you're not here because you like writing here. You're here for the hits, reviews and attention. Not a good reason to stick around.

I also suspect you're one of these "I know better than everyone else" types even though I'm hazarded to guess you're not older than 17.

and have to put up with The Damoclaues Sword that is 'Critics United', whom I feel are heavy Night Templars who I once remember, actually Broke Rules once, to Attack someone who posted stories on both Archive of Our Own and , breaking their Own set laws and showing themselves as Hypocrites.

Holy trying to confuse the reader Batman. You're tossing out at least three things that have nothing to do with each other only to try and make CU look bad.

So, 1) you're super paranoid we're out to get you even though we knew nothing till you mouthed off at one of our member about rules violations yet were actually the hypocrite by having a story that violated the rules here.

2) What rules have CU broken exactly? Are you referring to the time the admins came down on us because a former member at the time had a habit of swearing on the forum and in reviews?

3) Critics United has zero presence outside of fanfiction.net. Anyone claiming otherwise is nothing but a troll and a lair, much like you are.

3a) if you know of something form CU acting out of turn then do share? If you fear public backlash then pm me and if you are right and have the evidence then you'll see how bad of a thing it is to do wrong by me.

btw - I think they preferred to be called "Knight Templars" but I wouldn't know. I'm a dark angel afterall ;)

I have never seen The Admins of This Site

just because YOU haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist. In my entire time on this site (close to 15 years now) I've had a total of one interaction with a admin of the site. I do know they are active as I see people have their work removed for rule violation along with accounts of serial offenders being banned.

and I haven't seen them update The rules in almost a Decade

and? Perhaps the rules are fine as they are and thus don't need to be updated?

Again, just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean that it's wrong. Talk about having zero self awareness.

I will never accept any message from Critics United, Only The Admins themselves

Good for you. When they delete your writing and bad your arrogant ass from the site, a site you admit to not wanting to be on I should add, don't come crying to us.

If they have problems with a Person, they should tell THEM, and not from their Enforcer units.

You really are trying to play the dehumanize game here aren't you? Make CU members not be human so when you eventually (and you will, you cowardly types always do) incite others to come after us you and they won't have any guilt since in your minds we're not people, just "units".

Good try but that won't work kid.

You're also wrong as the admins do inform people when they're work breaks a rule. It's at the same time it's removed.

dumbass.

I updated This, to show that Critics United, is not a mere Boogie man, they are a THREAT, and need to be put down.

and here's the incitement.

I hate being right all the time....

They have been a Nightmare that stalks The corners of Fanfiction.Net

"We are vengeance, we are the night, we are BATMAN!"...no that ain't right.

"We're that bad penny that always turns up"? naaaa.....

Methinks you're being a tad overly dramatic here kiddo.

and last I checked about 99% of the site has zero clue about us.

speaking as if THEY Own The Site

yes because trying to help authors is a sign we think we own the site.

and proclaim that The Admins never changed The Site Rules because they are 'Perfect'.

Liar. No one from CU has ever done that.

I checked. The Admins had not updated The site, and all updates have been related to "App Friendliness", which is not Admin made.

Well, I guess since YOU checked we should just accept YOUR word and go with it?

You really have a issue with the rules don't you? You just cannot accept that maybe the admins.owners of the site have zero interest in changing them just to accommodate you?

and it's called "making money" and these days the app is probably drawing in more cash for the site as a whole then us old timers who use a actual desktop Pc for stuff.

You haven't really thought through all of this have you? All of your ranting and raving feels like a complete rage post.

They haven't updated The site since 2013

no, they haven't updated the rules. The site has had many updates. There is a difference. I suspect you have little to no understanding of web design or web site management so I won't explain how much updating does go on behind the scenes with code, linking, databases, etc as it will goes over your narrow little head.

Just goes back to what I said at the very beginning: just because YOU don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

They Don't care about change

Who doesn't? us? The admins? Why would they necessarily care about "change"? and what "change" and why would they make a "change"? Again, you're confusing your own self involved arrogant views and projecting them on everyone else and assuming that you are in the automatic right.

You do realize you don't own this website right?

and Critics United is a Knight Templar that doesn't do their Job Properly.

wait a sec. You say we act like we own the site now you're saying we are in employ of the site? Make up your mind idiot, which is it?

and you clearly have zero idea about the Knights Templar that you seem to enjoy comparing Critics United with.

They have never put reviews on Stories that are Walls of Text

Lies. Cu has.

They have never helped with anyone who has made punctuation mistakes in their Story

Lies. CU has. Not meaning to out them but Zad does it on a daily basis.

and proclaim anyone who 'Violates Rules' that have never changed since The Site was made, showing disturbing rigidity, as 'Bad' and threatens them to be taken down.

The rules are the rules, what do you expect us to do? Make up our own? Do what you say? I know you hate the rules here but they are what we got so that's that. Once more, I suspect this site isn't the best fit for you given your attitude and pure hatred towards how it's rule are enforced and the site is operated.

and lying yet again: CU members do not threaten to take down people's writing.

They are Violating their Own Name as "Critics", and showing They are no better than everyone who writes bad stories.

Umm...ya...whatever. You keep thinking that and keep trying to demonize us without any evidence. LISTEN AND BELIEVE and all that right?

Critics United has been a blight upon This site, and has violated the very name of "Critics" with how they act.

If this was the case then why haven't we been shut down in the 5= years Critics United has been active genius? whoops, can't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good SJW narrative eh?

They are the KKK of this site

Now that's just a low blow pal. Calling Cu racists? Really? What's next - playing the sexist and/or homophobe cards?

You really are a dumbass.

and unless they start doing their job Properly, such as actually dealing with the Truly Bad Stories, will never be worthy of any other title

So says the guy who hasn't seen what we've actually been doing and can do nothing but tell lies and try to incite people like the bully they are.

It's losers like you that give this site and it's fanbase a bad name.

4/1 #1,260
« Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 Next »
Forum Moderators: CU Administration Cha's Aegis, WargishBoromirFan, Whimsical Symphony, MrGoodyTwoShoes
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member