Critics United
Critics United: a place for reviewers to gather and talk, exchange tales and support each other as we all try and help the authors of the site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Spirit of Paladin

Because there are good stories here, I thought it would be a good idea to share some fanfics that we enjoy, and we can actually post links to those since they are good stories.

All you have to do is to state the title, author, fandom and pairing if there's one in the story. Of course, you can add your own thoughts about the story if you want to.

Here's a few of mine:

The one Who Comforts by vegamarie, fandom: Dragon Ball Z, pairing: Chi Chi and Piccolo.

This is the best fanfic I've read for that particular couple, highly recommended if you're interested in at least one the main characters.

Timely Intervention by Obelisk of Light, fandom: Dragon Ball Z.

A fantastic and very funny Mary Sue parody.

Devilman Catastrophes: Nabiki Tendo by Dr Facer, fandom: Ranma/Devilman (crossover).

This is hands down the best M rated horror fic I've seen in this site, if you like horror/suspense you need to read this.

Violent Avenger by Angel Wings-008, fandom: Dragon Ball Z.

A very good story starred by Vegeta and Trunks, highly recommended.

And I shall go on by Dreamwraith, fandom: Dragon Ball Z.

As far as Yamcha stories go, I think this is one of the best.

Well, those are some stories that I have enjoyed reading, and while most of them are from my fandom of choice, I hope you can enjoy them as well.

Have fun!

8/19/2010 #1
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Great idea Bonus-Kun

Here's a couple while I check my alert/fav list

Title: Naruto: Altered History Author: Geor-sama Fandom: Naruto Pairing: Naruto-Ino

One of the first "Anko becomes Naruto's Sensei" stories I've read and it really turned out to be quite the treat. Most authors fall into the trap of Anko being "secretly nice" and it sorta messes up her character along with making Naruto automatically smarter the moment he meets her. This one they aim to keep everyone in character as much as possible and it works out quite well, even with the twists in the tale. A long read but a good one.

Title: Naruto: Shinobi Wars Author: Geor-sama Fandom: Naruto Pairing: Naruto-Ino

Sequel to Altered History and picks up after the obvious time skip. Still in progress it's a definite read for fans of Altered History.

Title: Naruto: Captured Author: EdStargazer Fandom: Naruto Pairing: Naruto-Sakura (sorta)

Following the idea of Naruto getting caught the night he stole the forbidden scroll and the aftermath dealing with such actions. I put the pairing as "sorta" because the author has said it's not romantic per say but that Naruto and Sakura will become very close although reading it you can see the hints being dropped there's more to it. A good read if you're looking for something to check out.

8/19/2010 . Edited 8/19/2010 #2
CU Administration

These area few from my favorites list. I warn you now that all these stories are rated mature, but these are very extensive chapter stories (mainly) so there is a story behind any lemon in it lol.

House Of Crows Author: SilverShine Fandom: Naruto Pairing: KakashixSakura

His Despair and Her Sacrifice Author: Jaded Baby Blues Fandom: Bleach Pairing: NelielxNnoitra

Play Date Author: Eros ex Nihilo Fandom: Bleach Pairing OrihimexZaraki

This is one of my favorites because these two characters are completely opposites. Orihime the caring, loving, sweet girl and Zaraki the blood thirsty, crazed killer. I loved it haha.

Pretty Please Author: pammypam93 Fandom: Naruto Pairing: HinataxZabuza

That already is a crack pairing on its own. This author managed to keep Hinata in characters while giving her a more seductive side, something I've seen attempted many times and failed.

Once More With Feeling Author: Cynchick Fandom: Naruto Pairing: SakuraxSai

Those are just a few of my favorites.

8/20/2010 #3
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Story: Team 8 Author: S'TarKan Fandom: Naruto Pairing: Naruto-Hinata

Remember how I said in the Marysue/Garystu thread how messed up the Naruto-Hinata can be? Well here's one of the rare stories that gets it right and it's both believable and makes it work. Hasn't been updated in a bit but a rare Naruto-Hinata story that doesn't paint everyone in couples and make them act like they're all on 90210 (the original - now I'n dating myself :|).

Story: Jedi Knight Naruto Author: EroSlackerMicha Fandom: Naruto-StarWars Pairing: Naruto-FemReven

Somehow this author managed to get this cross over to work and make the story enjoyable. Sadly, the author's numerous "your/you're" and "their/they're" and "were/we're" type of mistakes makes for a difficult read at times. Still, something to look at if you're after a time waster and a very easy read.

8/20/2010 #4
Gaaras1Girl

Story: Nepenthe Author: Nymyrra Fandom: Naruto Pairing: None

Of all the fics I've ever read this one by far is my favorite. Never before have I seen someone get so inside a characters head and into the world that they are from. This fic is one of the best pieces of writing I've come across on this site and I hope to one day find another gym like it.

Story: Salvation of the Beast Author: Ryth76 Fandom: Naruto Pairing: ???

This story takes the death of Gaara and gives the Naruto story a whole new wist. The author Ryth knows how to do her homework and still make her story fun to read.

Story: Innocent Love Author: smilestitches Fandom: Naruto Paring: GaaraxSakura?

Though the author makes a few mistakes and has a strange way of formatting the story itself is quite sweet.

Story: Fish Heads Author: Lotos-Eater Fandom: Naruto Pairing: None

Though this is only a one-shot this story remains one of the funniest I've ever read, and a personal favorite!

8/20/2010 #5
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Story: Garden of Sanctuary Author: Nes Mikel Fandom: Naruto - I wasn't always a Naruto-Sakura fan but this story made be re-examine the pairing way back when. Not the happiest of tales but a good read with a very sad ending.

9/5/2010 #6
Cha's Aegis

I'm going to pull from my alerts list since that's not seen by the public and there's a couple of really good in progress stories I've been following.

Wake Me Up Inside by RayneXHatake, fandom: Naruto, pairing: Kakashi/Fem Naruto

The only time travel fic I've ever read AND liked. Her plot is plausible, doesn't rush through and isn't trying to change the Narutoverse into this happy, fluffy world. This might seem like shameless promoting because Rayne has become a friend of mine since I first left her a review, but the story really does hold up to scrutiny. Also, she gets extra points from me because when I first reviewed I told her she needed to beef up her first chapter, it was too short, and she actually listened! She was the first writer I had seen do that.

Side Effects by ChibiRisu-chan, fandom: Naruto, pairing: Kakashi/Iruka (yaoi)

VERY well written M-preg fic. I usually avoid these like the plague, but this one beats 'em all as far as I'm concerned. Plus, they utilize words that actually sends me running for a dictionary and they use them correctly! I love writings that make me do that. Sad to say, I don't think this one will ever update again. The author got overstressed by the cracked up monkeys here demanding more updates immediately and got burned out. They still write on LiveJournal, but no Naruto fics. I'm hoping the great fanfic gods will have mercy and by posting this here they might intervene and the author will update by some miracle. It's worth the read, though, honest.

9/7/2010 #7
SilveringBlue

I have found quite a few good ones in the Bleach fandom...like diamonds in a heap of rubbish. (Well, maybe not that bad. lol)

Deathsong by LoquaciousQuark. Fandom: Bleach, rating: T, pairing: Ichigo/Rukia. This is written in a(n extremely well-edited) style that is both terse and emotional, and the writer is one of the truest-to-character authors I have ever seen. Her Ishida has to be seen-um, read- to be believed. Slow updates, but worth the wait.

So by JasotheArtisan. Same fandom, rated M for lemons and a lot of language (this is Grimmjow). Grimmjow/Soifon. Yes, it's a crack pairing, and I usually just barely tolerate those. But So made me fall deeply, passionately in love with this couple (though I did skim some of the racier sections- I like a little of that but not a lot)...and it wasn't even the slightest bit OOC.

Glass by SilverFeatheredRaven. Ditto, rated T, Dark Ichigo (or Hichigo or Shirosaki, whatever)/Rukia. This one is dark, short, and oh so good. The last sentence actually sent a shiver up my spine.

The Heir Apparent by KnightOfTheWord. Rated T, Ichi/Ruki but that's not the focus. Very long, and still growing. The strength of this one is its plot, believable OC villians, and attention to detail. The plot, in particular, is worthy of a good novel with its twists and 'turn-back-the-pendulum' chapters (the author's phrase, not mine.)

More to follow, but these, in my humble opinion, are really worth reading.

9/10/2010 . Edited 9/17/2010 #8
Cha's Aegis

I've been meaning to add more to this list and just keep forgetting! Part of that was due to not wanting to overload with a bunch of stories either. Anyway, here are three more Naruto fics.

Yellow Flash by Kaori. Fandom: Naruto. Rating: T. Description: Hilarious and well-written one-shot explaining how Minato got his nickname. It's a definite read for yourself or I'd be spoiling it.

Excuses by Dophin River. Fandom: Naruto. Rating: M. Description: Despite the M rating there's nothing sexually explicit going on, but it's hilarious. This author is warped and I wonder how in the heck she came up with these ideas. She hasn't updated in awhile, but the story could be considered complete as is. Besides, she had a tendency for long stretches between updates, so it is likely she will update again.

A Tense Mission by Wheelwright. Fandom: Naruto. Rating: T. Description: A definite must read! I'm amazed this writer was able to incorporate a grammar lesson into an actual story and it's a good story at that. I've had a couple of reviewers point out I have a tendency to switch tenses in my stories. I didn't realize I had a problem with it, but I've been writing more news articles and essays than creatively. However, I tend to zone out during grammar lessons. This author actually explains it in a way I can understand without falling asleep. I've favorited it so I can use it as a reference from now on.

10/7/2010 #9
MrGoodyTwoShoes

I have to thank Blue for semi-pointing this one out to me.

Nothing but Trouble by Mister Cynical - I'll use the author's own summary to describe this one The Chunin Exams have come back to Konoha and the Hokage has decided to recall all her ninjas, including one Naruto Uzumaki. Too bad she doesn't know that she'd probably be better off without him.

Quite funny and it's actually one of those rare cases where there are lots of Ocs that work and add to the story. Despite the large amount of humor there is also some darker overtones once the pieces start falling into place of what Naruto was exactly up to during his time away.

10/12/2010 #10
SilveringBlue

(Got to keep this section alive! ^.^)

Story: Uninvited Guests Author: Moczo Fandom: Bleach Rating: T Pairings: Uhm, no, not really. Unless you count one-sided, fangirl Toshirou obsession by Harribel.

Hear that? It's the sound of Toshirou's mind snapping. Again.

This has to be one of the funniest Bleach fics I've ever read. It parodies everything from Ichigo's cheesy 80s theme song to the plot structure, tortures poor Shiro-chan within an inch of his life and sanity- no, scratch that; he's gone insane multiple times and discovered the secret of the universe (the one that the Eleventh Division already knew, of course). This is the only fic I've printed out and put in a notebook, so that I can take it with me; it's the only fic I've read five times over while waiting for an update. Love it.

Story: The Life of Sosuke Aizen Author: Roxius Fandom: what else? Bleach Rating: T Pairings: Exactly like canon but different; you'll see.

Summary: "After two and a half days deep within a drug-induced slumber, Sosuke Aizen finally awakens...and finds himself back in his own, normal reality, where he is nothing more than a jobless deadbeat with a mullet. AU"

Love this AU, even though I'm only 13 chapters in. It takes the entire Bleach universe and turns it on its head. You have to read it to believe it.

11/27/2010 . Edited 12/27/2010 #11
Dr Facer

Hello, after talking to Cha, I decided to share some of the stories I enjoy with all of you; here's the top of the top from my favorites list.

Story: Rockman: The Robot War Author: Maelgrim Fandom: Mega Man Pairings: None.

This is the most influential Mega Man fanfic ever written, the number of fanfics that grab elements from this story is simply amazing. If you ever wondered what type of story can shape and define a fandom (and set several fanon rules in the process) then look no further, because this is one of those. The fact it is very well made is only a bigger plus. Definitively one of the stories you must read if you have even a passing interest in this video game franchise or in fanfics in general.

Story: Mega Man X: Whispers In Time Author: Erico Fandom: Mega Man Pairings: None.

Another story that has greatly influenced Mega Man fanon, it builds on the concepts introduced in Malegrim's The Robot War and creates a fantastic, yet sad story that bridges classic Mega Man with the X series of games. Also a must read for those familiar with this video game franchise, or people who enjoy good stories.

Story: Wrath of the Horde Author: R. Joseph Polito Fandom: He-Man Pairings: Adam/Teela. Skeletor/Evil-Lyn

Based on the 2k rendition of the character, it incorporates many elements of the classic series to create a great story that is not only interesting, but manages to pay homage to the 80's original.

Story: The Icarus Reversal Author: AM83220 Fandom: Power Rangers Pairings: None.

Not really a Power Rangers story, it deals with a tournament of sorts where characters from many different worlds participate, some are Rangers some are not. Buffy characters, Xena characters and people from other shows appear here; as far as multi crossovers go, this is one of the best and more complex; a very interesting read.

Story: More Than Human Author: sbj Fandom: Powerpuff Girls Pairings: Powerpuffs/Rowdyruffs

If you ever have to read a Powerpuff Girls fanfic then make sure it's this one. It simply is the best fanfic in that category; it is not only very well written, it is also a fantastic read even if you are not a fan of this series. I believe it's worth every second you put into it.

11/29/2010 #12
SilveringBlue

Yosh! Time to put up my promised recommendations for One! :)

Okay, first a rather mind-boggling one. I found it through TVTropes, and true to their description it crosses over pretty much anything with anything. I didn't recognize half the fandoms but I still found it enjoyable.

Story: Takamachi Nanoha of 2814 Author: Shadow Crystal Mage Fandom (well, the stated one anyway): Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Next, one that is my all time favorite. For this one, you'll want to know the Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima) plotline at least a bit. It's a rather fluffy seinen romance/action anime with a rather cliched plot and a tsundere female lead. What this crossover does is transplant the average-Joe male lead with the main character from Fate/stay night and then follow the plot of Zero no Tsukaima, interweaving it with events from Fate/stay night. The outcomes are totally different because of the change in characters, and overall this fic is incrediblygood; better than canon, in fact.

Story: The Hill of Swords Author: gabriel blessing Fandoms: Familiar of Zero and Fate/stay night Rating: M (mostly for the violence)

Lastly, a Fullmetal Alchemist/Naruto crossover. It starts out a tad rough stylistically, but really hits its stride as it goes on. Bascially, Ed falls into the world of Naruto; I enjoyed how the author characterizes Ed and the disparity between fighting with alchemy and with ninjutsu.

Story: The Truth Decays Author: Marz1 Fandoms: Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto Rating: T

Now for the Soul Eater ones. This one is amazingly good; the author sums it up best: "Despite its darkest parts, Soul Eater is rather light hearted for what the canon is: young, young teenagers acting as hit men without question or true compensation for their efforts. Black blood and insanity aside, I find that very dark. I mean, if cops on crime dramas become jaded from just arresting criminals, I can only wonder what it would do to kids who go out and actually fight and kill the scum of the earth.

I wanted to play with the canon and bring more realistic elements to it, such as cultural and social divisions between the races: humans, weapons, technicians and witches and explore how media and organized crime might change how people see each other and Shibusen if there was a dramatic shift in simple opinion."

It's extremely interesting, full of action, and has well-done pairings and original ideas.

Story: Beloved Helpless Author: jaokalad Fandom: Soul Eater Rating: T

Lastly, a dark one-shot about Maka being taken over by the black blood and Soul trying to pull her out of it. The ending lines made me shiver; it's not exactly a happy ending.

Story: And Then There Were None Author: Wolf-of-Words Fandom: Soul Eater Rating: T

2/13/2011 #13
MrGoodyTwoShoes

Boredom and curiosity after seeing Mass effect mentioned in the chat made me decide to take a look into the cross-over section and specifically the Naruto-mass effect cross over area just to see what's there and if it's as bad or nuts as I thought it would be. Imagine my surprise to find a pair of good reads in there.

Story: Naruto: The Natural Biotic Author: Acolyte of Truth Fandom: Naruto-Mass Effect (crossover) - A bit dark but the author clearly knows what they are doing and managed to make it interesting in how Naruto and the Mass effect universes meet.

Story: Naruto Effect Author: thedormin Fandom: Naruto-Mass Effect (crossover) - This one is a bit different in that it's very much geared to adventure and more light then the above. Not perfect by any means (something the author admits to) but you can see improvement as they go, despite the bumps (I'm on chapter 15 in my own reading of it) in the way . Another plus is that it's the only "complete" story in the section so that's what caught my eye as well.

6/20/2011 #14
MewJounouchi

Oh, I have a couple I would like to share. :)

"I Dare You To Move" by Dolithiel. Fandom: Four Brothers. Pairing: Jack Mercer and, I'm assuming, OFC.

The movie, Four Brothers, is amazing and it surprised me to see this story in the Just In section all of a sudden. There's not that many people writing for it. It's only a prologue, but I thought it was well-written and interesting enough. Also, the authoress just joined Fanfiction.net only a few days ago.

"England's First Romance" by Hylianheroine2. Fandom: Axis Powers Hetalia. Pairing: England and Native America (OFC).

I thought the story was sweet coming from the Hetalia section. It had a nice explanation for how America came into existence, and the authoress is Native American so she knows what she's talking about in the story.

6/27/2011 #15
Runic Healer

What I am going to write may be morally sensitive, but they're good to me.

A Twist of Fate

Summary:Harry is taken the night Dumbledore is about to leave him with the Dursleys. With an unknown wizard meddling in the timeline, Harry and Tom Riddle's lives are about to change drastically, and the wizarding world with them. From 1930s & WWII to canon years

A Snake Named Voldemort

Summary: After being turned into a snake and unable to change back, Lord Voldemort is forced to turn to the only other living Parselmouth, Harry Potter. After making a deal, Harry agrees to help the Dark Lord return to his human form. eventual

Speechless

Summary: Light became mute after an accident with criminals on his 15th birthday. While it opened his eyes, Shiro is out for revenge. The strange shivers concerning those heart attacks aren't helping either. Not to forget: what about Kira and L? GoodLight.

Worlds Apart

Summary: Wizards, witches, magic. The concept was ridiculous; did the hokage take him for a fool? Then again... "There is more than one kind of magic, Kakashi. I'd like to believe it exists. Wouldn't you?" He wasn't so sure he knew the answer to that question.

Save the Day

Summary: "Do you want to save the world, Mrs. Strife?" The question that could tear a mother's heart in two. What can Rufus possibly know that would prompt him to take a child from his home and give him directly to hell?

Kingdom Hearts: Reconnection of Souls

Summary: Friends in trouble and his mother's untimely death put pressure on Sora, as he takes on enemies with power far beyond Organization XIII. Will he prevail, or will he lose everything dear to him?

All You Need is Love

Summary: Light Yagami tries his hand at a normal relationship, unfortunately for Naomi Misora he's been taking lessons from her Myspace stalkers.(Parody)

Well, first two are romance, but the their plot and delivery is something else entirely. I don't do unbelievable romance, so here we have A Snake Named Voldemort, it did a great job in realistic romance, there's some spelling and problems with punctuation, but it's great. The KH and FFVII are adventure, the Death Note fic Speechless is good mystery (Light is not Kira, and I still have to guess who the hell is Kira), and All You Need is Love is an awesome and humorous parody. Most of them are AU- as for the KH, they're fanfiction sequels to KHII. :)

7/15/2011 #16
The Sky Above

The Art of Losing By des moines

From Solitaire (The Windows Desktop Game)

Never before had a twelve word poem sum up a game so well.

2/12/2012 #17
Whimsical Symphony

The story I love the most on this site. I also worship the author:

Title: Splintered Dreams

Author: Fairheartstrife

Fandom: Final Fantasy VII

Words: 199 483

Summary: A retelling of FFVII in a "What If" story where it is Cloud that dies on that rocky hill en route to Midgar and Zack that survives. Tifa x Zack. For note: Rating has been changed to M

It is absolutely brilliantly written.

2/19/2012 #18
L3ftHRyd3r

I have one I want to share.

Author: niteryde

Story: In the Shadows

This author has a slew of stories under her belt and they are AMAZING. This story is one of the best in the Dragonball Z anime section. It's Bulma/Vegeta and the reviews for this story do not lie. This story in particular is a horror story and you will not take your eyes away as you go through each of the chapter's that has been produced. I recommend this story to anyone looking for a good Dragonball Z story or a good scare.

4/9/2012 #19
Annabelle01

I really enjoyed this poem by DarkChao1663. Personally, I thought it was the best poem that I've read on the site yet, and I even added it as my very first favorited story. I think the author deserves a lot of reviews for their work, so consider giving it a review if you read it. It's written in free verse, and I really thought it poured out the emotions of the character.

Heart in the Cards by DarkChao1663. Yu-Gi-Oh.

Summary: With my friends by my side, I know I can do anything.
8/7/2012 #20
Runic Healer

For those that do not frequent TvTropes, I highly suggest the author Estora for her Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Twilight fanfics. Seriously, I can't even begin to say how amazing of a writer she is.

For Assassin's Creed fans, I suggest "And When the Earth Shall Claim Your Limbs" by words without. It's a back story fore Malik Al-Sayf and possibly future AU due to the Altair/Malik pairing. It's very long and well-written, and you won't feel as if the chapter was dragging on too long with no sense of direction. Warning: This fic is slash and contains edgy sexual scenes.

For Star Wars fans once again, there's Yesac. I highly recommend "The Finer Shades of Why" and "Fire and Ice". The first involves Dooku killing Palpatine and hoping to turn Obi-Wan to the Dark Side. The second is an AU where Anakin wins the duel in Mustafar and takes Obi-Wan and Padme with him to Coruscant, things went downhill from there.

A fine study of Count Dooku is made by the authors Mirror and Image in their fanfic "Coalesced Matter". They also made an awesome AU where Anakin wasn't accepted into the Jedi Order, but Obi-Wan trains him anyways in hopes that he becomes a Jedi in "All But Name".

Enjoy

8/22/2012 #21
Question42

It's nice to see writers drawing upon some of the classics. Ring the Bell by pjolover9 is a sequel to Poe's "Cask of Amontillado" and is a pretty good story.

2/14/2013 #22
ReadingThemStories1999

Alot of "Big Time Rush" stories, and yes I said "Big Time Rush". I've found a couple of good stories and I alot of you can check them out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8001204/1/ "Big Time Brotherly Love". Its a really confusing story, unless you get from where she's coming from. It's about Katie getting kidanpped and Kendall doing all sorts of things to save her.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8697150/1/ "Gone To Soon". She is breaking the rules, but she is working on fixing it. This is another Kendall/Katie story, but you might wanna read this story first.. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8375036/1/Lost-and-Found, so you know where it is, also this is a three story series. (Note: She is currently working on trying to fix the song lyrics.)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9003419/1/ "You're Not Alone". This story is about Kendall being a kidnapper and torturing Logan's girlfriend because he thinks she killed Katie. (BTR isn't a band in this story, and I believe they do not know each other.) Also, it is quite gory and bloody, so it might not interest people that isn't interested in this type of things.

Please read these stories, and keep in mind tha the author for the stories "Gone To Soon" and "Lost and Found" are is currently working on fixing them.

-ReadingThemStories1999

2/19/2013 #23
K. A. Oceana

Oh! This sounds fun. I've read a few good fan fictions, but there are a few that have really stuck out in my mind. Here they are:

Story:The Past is Another Country Author: emeraldphan Fandom: Phantom of the Opera Pairing:N/A

An excellent Phantom of the Opera fan fiction. Beautifully written, this fan fiction is about Christine's son, Gustave, looking back on his early years and beyond. This goes into Love Never Dies and beyond. I'd highly recommend it.

Story: Help Me SayGoodbye Author:emeraldphan Fandom: Phantom of the Opera Pairing: Erik/Christine

Another amazing Phantom of the Opera fan fiction. Highly recommended if you love Erik and Christine together. Interesting ending also.

3/17/2013 #24
Trainalf

If anyone is a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series (or crossovers in general), http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3425579/1/The-Annals-o f-Darkness-The-Beginning is the start of a wonderful series of stories by a highly talented author. It was cross overs with any number of media- books, games, movies. Digimon, Thor, Transformers, ect. Fair warning- the chapters are looooooooooooooooong.

5/4/2013 #25
Question42

Here is another fanfic based on Poe's "Cask of Amontillado". This one is a prequel, and is really, really outstanding. It's The Beginning of the End by Fourth Lumbar Down.

10/28/2013 #26
FreedomOftheSeas

Hi everyone! Just thought I would share some of my fan fiction favorites with you all.

Barbossa and The King's Messenger by ShahbanouScheherazade // Fandom: Pirates of the Caribbean // Pairing: Hector Barbossa/OFC

Summary: Her uncle betrayed her. Hector Barbossa tried to kill her. Now Nina wants revenge on them both. Will Jack Sparrow help her put her plan to work? Can love conquer fear? And will she realise what, and who, she truly desires before it is too late?

An extremely well-written account of events that ties together the first three films of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise from the perspective of a soon-to-be King's Messenger. This multi-chapter has a very intricate plot, and reminds me of a Tudors style novel, with references of Jack Sparrow/Edward Teague family lineage. This is also loaded with a lot of action and good ol' fashion pirating.

Shadowed Sails by mrspencil // Fandom: Pirates of the Caribbean // Pairing: None // Style: Poetry

Summary: A response to a Hallowe'en challenge from the Black Pearl forum, set just before the events of the first film. Shadowed sails approach a moonlit shore...

This poet has been gracing our fandom for over three years now and I love everything she's written. Her dedication to rhythm and flow truly shines in this piece!

A Study in Rum by Nytd // Fandom: Pirates of the Caribbean/Sherlock Holmes Crossover // Pairing: None

Summary: One wicked and clever pirate. One singular and brilliant detective. One hundred and fifty years apart. An impossible meeting? Perhaps just improbable...

This is a brilliant tale by an extremely talented author and friend of mine who just passed away. She managed to weave these two fandoms together brilliantly for an unforgettable adventure.

Well, these were just a few :o) I hope you all enjoy, if you end up taking a peek!

12/6/2013 . Edited 12/10/2013 #27
T. Alana M

Title: Ascendant by Samurai 101, fandom: naruto, pairing: none

It's one of the best, most mentally challenging stories I've ever read. From the thirteen year old Itachi's distrust to the twenty one year old Itachi's denial, the story makes an interesting play between reality and fantasy and a ton of psychological drama.

Title: Fallout by The Silversage, Fandom: detective conan, pairing: the usual, although romance isn't the main focus of the story.

Fallout is one of the most realistic and thorough fanfictions in the DCMK fandom. Recommended if you like action/mystery stories (and the Gosho boys).

Title: More Than Human by sbj, fandom: the power puff girls, pairing: greens, reds, blues.

More Than Human is a great story that realistically pans out High School Drama, mental and emotional conflict, and superpowers. The characters are all in-character, unlike most high school fics, and the romance is slow-building, exploring their companionship, enmity, and superpowered problems first.

Edit: I just read that More Than Human was already recommended, but I'm not going to remove it from my post because it's just. That. Good.

3/28/2014 . Edited 3/28/2014 #28
Maxwell E.T

Terraria Chronicles, By Tetra Midna

By far my favorite story in the Terraria Fandom. Beautiful character development and descriptions, it starts like all the other Terraria fics but takes a turn for the better.

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, By Less Wrong.

The most scientific, greatly written Harry potter alternate story line Fanfiction I've read. Harry Potter's aunt Petunia marries a biochemist and Harry grows up reading science fiction. When he gets the Hogwarts letter, it shatters everything he knew about science, and throws him into the strange world of magic.

6/17/2014 #29
xOneEye

/Second-Favorite-Hero by WatUCwatIC. I thought that it was very good. Like a pov from a kid.

I would have two more, but my phone won't let me post the other two without refreshing, so I'm going to create a community of read worthy stories.

7/17/2014 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: CU Administration Cha's Aegis, WargishBoromirFan, Whimsical Symphony, MrGoodyTwoShoes
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member