Critics United
Critics United: a place for reviewers to gather and talk, exchange tales and support each other as we all try and help the authors of the site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
CU Administration

Welcome!

If you're here to request a review from us, this thread is the right place.

We'll be glad to help you if we can, but before you make your petition, please make sure to follow the rules of the thread that you can read below.

Thread Rules:

• You can make only one request per week and only for one of your stories.
  • The story you are requesting to be reviewed must not be longer than 5 chapters.
  • You are required to fill out a form for the request you are making to be considered.
  • All CU reviewers have the right to refuse a request in the event of an unknown/obscure fandom.
  • Keep the chatter to a minimum, you can converse with us in the chat thread.

Make sure to follow the rules so it is easier for us to look on your request.

Thank you.

2/1/2013 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 12/5/2014 #1
CU Administration

Review request form.

Please make sure to fill this form or your story won't be considered for reviewing.

Story Title (with link/url):

Author:

Fandom:

Rating:

Genre/Type of story:

Number of current chapters:

Reason for request:

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any):

2/1/2013 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 5/13/2015 #2
TheUltimateCombo

Please make sure to fill this form to make your petition or your story won't be considered for reviewing.

Story Title (with link/url): Scooby-Doo and a Robin too in The Aliens Return

Author: TheUltimateCombo(AKA, me.)

Fandom: Scooby-Doo/Batman the animated series

Rating: T

Genre/Type of story: Sci-Fi

Number of current chapters: Three

Reason for request: I would like some constructive feedback on this story.

Request fulfilled

1/28/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 1/28/2015 #3
TheUltimateCombo

Hi, I was wondering if you could review an older piece of mine:

Story Title (with link/url):I couldn't pull the trigger

Author: TheUltimateCombo

Fandom: Star Wars Rebels

Genre/Type of story: Tragedy (Note: forgot to actually put a genre) One-shot

Number of current chapters: 1

Reason for request: Would like to get some feedback about first person writing, along with tragedy.

Request fulfilled

2/9/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 2/16/2015 #4
makmix

Story Title (with link/url): The Show-off Chef

Author: makmix

Fandom: Shokugeki no Soma

Rating: K

Genre/Type of story: Adventure/Humor & One Shot

Number of current chapters: Only 1 (for now.)

Reason for request: Constructive criticism and much needed feed back on my ability to write.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Be brutally and I promise to take it like a man. I am considering on continuing this and making it into a full fledged story, but I need some criticism in my life before I decide I am capable. Also would like to ask if the line breaks are alright? Please, if you can, respond to that question within the review, thank you very much.

Request fulfilled

2/15/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 3/1/2015 #5
TheUltimateCombo

Story Title (with link/url): Living out of Water: Squidward's story

Author: TheUltimateCombo

Fandom: Spongebob Squarepants

Genre/Type of story: Romance/Adventure

Reason for request: I'm just looking to better my writing, need to make sure if everything's on the up and up. And your reviews give me the feedback I need since I want to take up writing as a partial profession in the future.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Be honest. I need comment on plot, details, and storyline. If it works and if it doesn't. Along with the usual stuff, I need critique on those things the most.

PS: I understand if you refuse this request, seeing as how I've made two prior ones.

Request fulfilled

2/27/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 3/1/2015 #6
HylianFishFood

Story Title (with link/url): Acceptance is Key

Author: HylianFishFood

Fandom: Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Genre/Type of story: Romance (note, it is a story about to guys being gay for each other, just in case that makes you uncomfortable)

to Number of current chapters: 2

Reason for request: I want to see if I'm being repetitive with word use, or transitioning weird with plot devices, or just doing anything weird and awful with my writing in general, particularly in Chapter 2.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): I know that the summary says it's a series of AUs, but the two chapters I have up right now are connected plot-wise, which is why I'm asking now instead of after I stray from that general plotline. If you want, you only really have to read the second chapter because that's the one I'm not completely confident in. Thank you!

Request fulfilled

3/1/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 3/10/2015 #7
OurUnsungHeroes42344

Review request form.

Please make sure to fill this form to make your petition or your story won't be considered for reviewing.

Story Title (with link/url): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11025659/1/Decisions-Decisions - Link to Decisions, Decisions

Author: Chrishalliwell11

Fandom: Charmed

Genre/Type of story: Supernatural/Angst

Number of current chapters: 3

Reason for request:: I had high hopes for this story and I only got 1 review per chapter, I usually get two and one was asking for more only and I'd concluded it already. I'd like to know if it's even worth a sequel and tips or guesses on why I had so few reviews.

Also I have some other stories I'd like your opinions on but they're over the chapter limit by like one or two. Let me know if you're willingto make an exception. Hope to hear from you soon.

Review fulfilled

4/15/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 5/13/2015 #8
Emperor Aelis II

Story Title (with link/url): Exalted ( https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11206515/1/Exalted

Author: Prince Roman II

Fandom: Naruto

Genre/Type of story: Adventure/Drama

Number of current chapters: 2 (As of April 27, 2015)

Reason for request: Constructive criticism, I wish to see what I can improve on, what I'm doing good at, and any subjects in between. I wish to hone my writing in general.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Highlight any examples in the story, where you believe I can work on. Show examples of where my mistakes lay, or where my strengths show.

Request fulfilled

4/27/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 4/28/2015 #9
Dr Facer

After thinking this over for several days I decided to do an in-house review request for my most recent story.

Story Title: Maniac Cop: Unfinished Business

Fandom: Maniac Cop

Rating: M

Genre: Action/Horror.

Number of current chapters: One shot, complete.

Reason for request: My beta vanished and I couldn't find another one interested on this story. I really don't like to publish unbetaed work, so I spent a few days checking for mistakes before publishing. I'm sure I missed a few and I believe there are other details that may need work.

Notes/Special instructions: The franchise the story is based on is particularly obscure, which is the reason some background is provided in the story, but if the person doing the request has questions about the films the story works as a 'sequel' for, I can answer them.

Request fulfilled

5/14/2015 . Edited by Spirit of Paladin, 6/30/2015 #10
Luna Rubra

Hi there!

Story Title (with link/url): Playing with fire

Author: Aiwyn

Fandom: World of Warcraft

Genre/Type of story: Drama/Romance

Number of current chapters: 5 (prologue plus 4)

Reason for request: As always, to improve. My beta has already reviewed it through and through endlessly (and still is) but I guess it is good to have a fresh mind with a totally different and new view over it. I'm aware of some of my weaknesses (like grammar) but I'm not sure I managed to fix all of it, so far. Oh, and in case you didn't notice, it's a WIP.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Hazzah!

Request fulfilled

5/19/2015 . Edited by Spirit of Paladin, 6/14/2015 #11
Metal Navy

Story Title (with link/url): Alpha https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11308619/1/Alpha

Author: SuperSaiyan2Goku

Fandom: Red vs. Blue

Genre/Type of story: Adventure/Humor

Number of current chapters: 3 (Currently working on Ch.4)

Reason for request: Mainly I just want to know how to make good fight scenes and if my writing style itself is good or if it needs a change.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): One: This story is not connected to the story of RvB. This is a AU. Though there are some shared elements. Two: I feel as though I have too much dialogue in my story. I'm currently writing with a different style, but I just want to know if this story needs improvement or not. I really need to know how to improve my fight scenes.

Request fulfilled

6/26/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 7/1/2015 #12
Iudex Mortem

Story Title (with link/url): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11327083/1/The-Early-Years

Author: Nyan-Nyan IX

Fandom: Pokemon

Rating:T

Genre/Type of story: Family/Humour

Number of current chapters: 2

Reason for request: I want to see if it is at all violating any rules

Request fulfilled

7/1/2015 . Edited by Spirit of Paladin, 7/5/2015 #13
Pacal

Pacal

The Song is of Fire and Only Fire

Game of thrones and Fullmetal Alchemist

T

Fantasy drama

9 chapters ~1000 words apiece

This is my second story and my first was a disaster. I want to do better.

FMA is in the final chapter

Request fulfilled

7/4/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 7/5/2015 #14
Orika

Story Title (with link/url): Cycle of Love and Years of Love

Author: Orika

Fandom: Vocaloid

Genre/Type of story: Romance/Drama

Number of current chapters: 1 (working on the epilogue)

Reason for request: A reviewer said that I'm reported for breaking the rule of posting multiple entries of the same work "Even if it is in another character's point of view"

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Just want to make sure I'm not actually breaking the said rule. And criticize if there is anything to criticize. Thank you...

Request Fulfilled

11/26/2015 . Edited by Spirit of Paladin, 11/26/2015 #15
flamedwing

Story Title: Handbook to Turian Interactions: For Humans

Author: Me

Fandom: Mass Effect

Genre/Type of story: Gen, though it's more of a canon/head-canon treatise

Number of current chapters: 2

Reason for request: Long story short, I got a story follow from someone and I checked out their page like I do for anyone who favorites, follows or reviews my work. This individual had a bit of a rant on their profile page about your group and people reporting "violations". Basically, it made me wonder if they followed my story because they thought it was an example of a story that violates the rules. I'd like to make sure that I'm not breaking any rules that could get my work deleted.

Notes/Special instructions: I know my fic is a "non-story" in the sense that it's not about individual characters and doesn't follow a plot. However, it's wrapped in the premise of an in-universe "non-fiction" book. It's also a kind of supplementary to my other stories, which do have characters and plots. I have another "treatise" that's premised as a military intelligence report released by one of the in-universe factions, so I'd assume that if this story is problematic, that one must also be a problem. If so, any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Request Fulfilled via PM

12/3/2015 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 12/4/2015 #16
Thakuro

Story Title (with link/url): When I Was Your Man ( Miraxus, Fairy Tail ) https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11718995/1/When-I-Was-Your-Man-Miraxus-Fairy-Tail

Author: Thakuro

Fandom: Fairy Tail

Genre/Type of story: Romance

Reason for request: I want to know if my story is interesting and whether my writing skill is acceptable or eye-catching to the reader.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): I will appreciate any constructive criticism, and thank you in advance.

Request Fulfilled

1/23/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 1/25/2016 #17
ASinkingFeeling

Story Title (with link/url): Soos and the Reanimation

Author: ASinkingFeeling

Fandom: Gravity Falls

Genre/Type of story: Supernatural/Adventure

Number of current chapters: 1 EDIT: now 2

Reason for request: Feed back will be great for writing the next chapters.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Make examples from the story. Feel free to correct grammar, but also try and make notes about the plot and characters.

Request Fulfilled

1/23/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 2/14/2016 #18
ChewyNote

Story Title (with link/url): Marriage Before Blood

Author: ChewyNote

Fandom: Harry Potter

Genre/Type of story: Romance and Drama

Reason for request: This is my first FanFic so I am looking for some helpful feedback so I may improve. I want to know what is good and what needs work, preferably with suggestions on how to improve it.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): I have a very specific idea of where this plot is going to go. So I am not really looking for comment on the plots direction. I want to know if it makes sense to the reader, that is is easy to read. I want to know what may not be coming across or coming across as confusing. So that I may fix these things when I write the next chapters. I really just want some unbiased eyes looking over it and letting me know what they think.

Request Fulfilled

1/27/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 2/1/2016 #19
Ms. Tea Cup

So glad to find a group of observers/reviewers in this forum! Here is my request. Sorry to bother, thanks a million before and after!

Story Title (with link/url): Mystery of Tsunayoshi chapt 8 (edit: BL warning)

Author: Ms. Tea Cup

Fandom: Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Rating:M

Genre/Type of story:Romance

Number of current chapters: 8 (but I want you to only check the 8th chapter)

Reason for request:

1. I've been worried since before posting the 8th chapter actually because the post resembles an a/n. I'm a fan of mystery stories and I was copying the style of one of my favorite author, Soji Shimada,'s work titled The Tokyo Zodiac Murder in which the author inserted a challenge note as a chapter right before the last chapter. My challenge letter in chapter 8 was meant to be a part of the story, like the one in The Tokyo Zodiac Murder, but I'm also afraid if it breaks the rules. Of course, I'm willing to delete or change it if its a violation.

2. None of my readers seems to care about these rules. I dont want my fic to be flagged suddenly or anything, so I'd rather have it checked now.

I hope I'm asking these at the right place. I'm quite a new writer, and I think the fanfiction.net's rules are very vague. But I believe you guys have reviewed a lot of fics in this site, therefore you're quite informed. So, some questions:

1. Could you explain me about the type of fics that you deem as violating the line between M rated and MA rated fic? How far could an M rated fic get to be wrongly labeled as M (and not MA) in fanfiction.net?

2. Is it acceptable to insert a song lyric in which my character is singing? For example: The man started counting down from three before he waved his hand in a dramatic manner. The boy then sang, "La mer... Qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs".

3. Is it acceptable in this site to insert a full song lyric in which the lyrics were used by a character to communicate to another character and not in a poet-like manner? Or am I only allowed to insert a small part of it?

Request fulfilled

3/5/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 3/5/2016 #20
Dr Facer

Request completed by PM.

3/5/2016 #21
Tako Phin

Story Title (with link/url): Prince of Cowardice

Author: Tako Phin

Fandom: Prince of Tennis

Genre/Type of story: Drama/Friendship

Number of current chapters: 4

Reason for request: Looking for improvements on narrative style and grammar

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Please highlight which part shows my strengths and my weakness

Thank you in advance.

Request fulfilled via PM

4/4/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 4/18/2016 #22
Luna Rubra

Story Title (with link/url): Playing with fire

Genre/Type of story: Drama/Romance

Number of current chapters: 9 (prologue 7 chapters epilogue)

Reason for request: As always, to improve. My beta has already reviewed it through and through endlessly (and still is) but I guess it is good to have a fresh mind with a totally different and new view over it. I'm aware of some of my weaknesses (like grammar) but I'm not sure I managed to fix all of it, so far.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Hi again! I finished the story since the last time I was here, so I was hoping to get some feedback on the remaining chapters (chapter 6 and on).

Request Fulfilled

4/5/2016 . Edited by Whimsical Symphony, 7/29/2016 #23
Tango Charlie

Story Title (with link/url): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10595083/1/Apex

Author: Tango Charlie

Fandom:Pokemon

Rating:T

Genre/Type of story:Action/Adventure/Humor maybe Romance in the future

Number of current chapters:4

Reason for request: Its been a long while since I've been gone from the website due to my Medical Entrance Examinations, and thus I would like to have some solid advice before starting to write again, or posting the one I have already written. I would like the one who reviews to be honest with me so that I can improve to the maximum.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): X

Request Fulfilled

5/11/2016 . Edited by Whimsical Symphony, 6/8/2016 #24
Softballmania24

Story Title- Shadows and Roses

Author- Me

Fandom- Warriors

Rating- T

Genre/Type- I believe it is friendship. I dont remember a lot of things.

Number of chapters- 5 chapters.

Reason for request- I want comsructuve critism and I want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. Nothing else.

Request Fulfilled

5/29/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 6/6/2016 #25
Da'SaVage-Tiger

Story Title (with link/url): A Raccoon's First Date

Author: Me

Fandom: Guardians of the Galaxy

Genre/Type of story: Romance/Friendship

Reason for request: I'd like constructive criticism, and want to know anything I can do to help improve this, in terms of any story element. I feel as though the oneshot that I had written over a year ago looks horrible compared to how I write today, and I'd like to know anything I can do to improve it.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): This is a one shot between Rocket Raccoon and my OC, Sam. It's NOT an actual full fledged story.

Also: I'd like someone who does pretty well with romance. If you're not the best with romance, that's okay, but it's just a request if it's able to be fulfilled.

Request Fulfilled

6/13/2016 . Edited by Whimsical Symphony, 8/24/2016 #26
IntoxicatingDesire

Story Title (with link/url): Am I too late?

Author: IntoxicatingDesire

Fandom: Shugo Chara!

Genre/Type of story: Angst/Drabble series

Reason for request: I strive to improve my writing and want constructive criticism to do so.

Request Fulfilled

6/15/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 6/26/2016 #27
whishl

Story Title (with link/url): Forbidden Love

Author: I Wish Life Could Go Away (Me)

Fandom: Warriors

Rating: Fiction T

Genre/Type of story: Romance/Hurt/Comfort

Reason for request: I just would like some constructive criticism. Maybe tell me if I made grammar or spelling errors.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): None.

Request Fulfilled

8/17/2016 . Edited by MrGoodyTwoShoes, 8/27/2016 #28
AltoidRck

Story Title (with link/url): The Resilience

Author: AltoidRck

Fandom: Bleach

Genre/Type of story: Angst/Tragedy

Reason for request: Just want a more concrit perspective on the story.

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): It's been a while and my writing style has changed a great deal, but I've been going over some of my older stories lately and haven't been very happy with what I've found. I can tell that the fics need improvement but can't exactly pinpoint what exactly it is that I should be tackling. The reviews I've received are always very nice and super encouraging, but don't really offer me any insight on what I'm doing right and wrong. At this point in my life, I'd like to move into original fiction so some solid feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and apologies beforehand if I posted this in the wrong place!

9/12/2016 . Edited 9/12/2016 #29
Luna Rubra

Story Title (with link/url): Playing with Fire - From the ashes

Genre/Type of story: Adventure/drama

Number of current chapters: 2 (a short prologue and first chapter)

Reason for request: The same as usual. I guess there's some improvement since the last stuff I wrote, but I can't tell for sure. Flow, pace, structure, character development...

Notes/Special instructions (please write a short paragraph if you have any): Hello again :D If I'm too much of a pain in the @ss, please let me know!

Request Fulfilled

9/16/2016 . Edited by Spirit of Paladin, 10/5/2016 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: CU Administration Cha's Aegis, WargishBoromirFan, Whimsical Symphony, MrGoodyTwoShoes
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member