The Baker Street Irregulars
Fanfic discussion for the BBC1 series 'Sherlock'
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
LangdaleP

As a non-Sherlock related thread has been requested I thought I'd better start one up. Anything and everything off topic can go in here as long as it's clean.

8/16/2010 . Edited 8/18/2010 #1
Alyssa Iris

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!.... wait that's on topic isn't it?

um.. SHOOBY DOOBY DOO DULU x.x

8/21/2010 #2
LangdaleP

I know there are a few Dr Who fans in here so I thought I'd post this:

A site dedicated to Tom Baker's mutant scarf. I'm about to start knitting one myself.

8/26/2010 #3
queenoftheoutlands

Mutant scarf! I've never heard of it referred to that before but I shall do so from now on :) Because it is seriously funny

I'd rather personally own Sherlock's scarf though. Or maybe Merlin's. (Or maybe Sherlock or Merlin *cough* *shifty eyes*)

8/26/2010 #4
LangdaleP

Merlin's scarf would be easy. Go to a fabric shop, get them to cut you a large square of cheese cloth and dye it dark red.

Sherlock's scarf is awful. I can't believe they did such a great job on the rest of his wardrobe and then gave him that tatty, cheap looking old scarf.

8/27/2010 #5
Space Foxes

It does't look THAT BAD!

I dont mind, but did yu see how much his coat cost?!

:O

8/27/2010 #6
LangdaleP

Something like £1350 wasn't it. Must be nice to have more money than sense. :-)

8/27/2010 #7
Space Foxes

Yeah :D

But if I had the money i would most DEFINEATLY buy it xD

8/27/2010 #8
LangdaleP

If Jim's suit really was Westwood as he said it probably cost a whole lot more.

8/27/2010 #9
queenoftheoutlands

Well, in my local Sainsburys they appear to have Martin Freeman's entire costume rack of woolly jumpers. Methinks John's wardrobe is a whole lot cheaper than Sherlock's or Jim's :)

8/28/2010 #10
LangdaleP

My most regular internet hang out is a site for knitters, crocheters and other crafters. There has already been some talk about re-creating Watson's woolly jumpers. I suspect once the show comes out in the US it won't be long before someone gets a pattern out there.

If I wasn't knitting a 20 foot long Dr Who scarf at the moment I'd be tempted to do some patterns for Sherlock tribute scarves. Not only do Watson and Jim not have one at all but I hate Holmes' scarf. :-)

8/29/2010 #11
queenoftheoutlands

20 feet? Wow. Consider me awed. I can't knit a stitch.

I do want to work out how Sherlock ties his scarf so I can copy it, because that will generally entertain my friends and I. Because we're weird like that.

8/30/2010 #12
LangdaleP

He folds it in half so that the ends are together, wraps it once around his neck and passes the ends through the loop made by folding it in half.

8/30/2010 #13
Hello Anyone There

That's how I put a scarf on snowmen...

8/30/2010 #14
queenoftheoutlands

Aha :) Thanks :)

Its a very short scarf, isn't it?

8/31/2010 #15
LangdaleP

Yeah, it looks like a standard, bought from the high street, scarf. Probably about five feet long.

8/31/2010 #16
Alyssa Iris

LOL I wear my scarf in the same way as Sherlock's scarf. It's the same length and all. But my scarf's like patchworks of different purple patterns and sparkly, rather than Sherlock's navy coloured scarf. And I don't see what all the hatin' on his scarf is about? I mean... IT'S A SCARF. And it hides any hickeys that Benedict might get by over-eager fangirls or boys. :3 *shifty eyes and runs away*

9/16/2010 #17
Alyssa Iris

Whilst searching for *ahem* pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch... I found out he was in the original series of Blake's 7 (Story 1.5.1 according to the fansite). I am thinking OMFG I NEED TO FIND THAT EPISODE. Who's with me? 8D

9/16/2010 #18
LangdaleP

If that means Season one, ep 5 try here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmRFEPDpao&feature=PlayList&p=E817F615B437A7DD&index=0&playnext=1

9/16/2010 #19
LangdaleP

Just done some checking and it wasn't at original series episode as far as I can tell but he did do some voice work for the radio version of the show which was on a couple of years ago.

9/16/2010 #20
lord-harker

I was gonna say

I mean he was like 2 at the time or something

9/24/2010 #21
IShouldBeOverThis

Can one of the Brits tell me what the national obsession is with Beans on Toast. My desire for that is right next to none, and have to be dying. Cal Lightman in Lie to Me seems to be making it all the time and burning it as well.

10/12/2010 #22
queenoftheoutlands

I am a Brit but I am not a fan of baked beans so I could not really explain the phenominon. Sorry :)

10/13/2010 #23
Hello Anyone There

It's cheap, quick, healthy and tastes relatively nice. Can be made using only a toaster and a microwave in under two minutes. Bread can be mouldy and beans take forever to go off, lifesaver when you're in college with no funds. It fills you up and is a hot meal. :)

10/13/2010 #24
IShouldBeOverThis

Ah, makes sense. I kind of lived through college on Pot-Noodle (Cup 'o Noodle), 'cause you could make it with an electric kettle.

10/14/2010 #25
queenoftheoutlands

I'm going to invest in a (working- because the one I currently own doesn't) toastie sandwich maker :)

10/14/2010 #26
IShouldBeOverThis

Need this like I need a slap to the head, but it's Mary Poppins!! Plus the Watson dr.'s bag is great as well.

10/14/2010 #27
2cajuman2

This seems to be the right thread...

Is anyone else going to see Benedict in Frankenstein next year at The National Theatre? =)

12/13/2010 #28
Space Foxes

:O :O :O

He's gonna be in Frankenstein???

OMG!!

I wish I could go...

12/13/2010 #29
2cajuman2

Yup =) Playing both roles, you know, like switching with the other main actor on different nights =)

12/13/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: LangdaleP Preminiscence, Alyssa Iris
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member