Cats Relations
A place to vent about who you think is related to who, why, and who you would like to see in a story together.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Sleeping Tiger
I always like to hear about other people's experience seeing the live show. I was just wondering what pairings they saw in the show they saw... OH! And bloopers...I know that has NOTHING to do with pairings, but I was reading the other day on this one site that in a show this one person saw, Pouncival accidentily kicked Bombalurina in the butt during the Jellicle Ball, and while she kept dancing as though nothing happened, Pouncival looked horrified. So then I was just curious.
3/1/2006 #1
Nabooru
There are a lot of possible pairs in the US Tour. Alonzo and Demeter Alonzo and Bombalurina Bustopher Jones and Bombalurina Bustopher Jones and Jellylorum Bustopher Jones and Jennyanydots Mistoffelees and Cassandra Mistoffelees and Victoria Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer Mungojerrie and Sillabub Munkustrap and Bombalurina Munkustrap and Cassandra Munkustrap and Demeter Munkustrap and Victoria (I think...) Plato and Sillabub Plato and Victoria Pouncival and Rumpleteazer Pouncival and Sillabub Rum Tum Tugger and Bombalurina (really the only one that's obvious, but as always with Tugger just about any pairing/queen is possible) Skimbleshanks and Jellylorum Skimbleshanks and Jennyanydots (Sillabub and Rumpleteazer should be mentioned here somewhere, because they got very excited during his song. His daughters, maybe?) Tumblebrutus and Sillabub I think that's it... Those are the "possibilities" I saw last time I saw the show. I may not be remembering them all, since the last time I went was September.
3/1/2006 #2
Quaxo
Wow... Munkustrap's such a man-w***... *immature snickering*... honestly though...
3/1/2006 #3
Sleeping Tiger
[q]Wow... Munkustrap's such a man-w***...[/q] *falls over* Hey!!! =( He's just friendly. Heh, when I saw the show, he didn't seem close to anyone. Kinda disappointing to me, cause I was keeping an eye out for him, but he wasn't doing much interaction with the other cats. The only definite one I saw (aside from Bomba and Tugger) was Misto and Cassandra. They looked so serene together. But that's quite a list Nabooru has compiled.
3/1/2006 #4
Nabooru
Not to brag, but I've been to the tour every year since it started. I've had time to compile a big list. -_-
3/2/2006 #5
Dahlia Mockery
Mistoffelees and Cassandra Mistoffelees and Victoria Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer Jenny and Skimble Munkustrap and Demeter Mungojerrie and Demeter Tugger and Bomb That's all I can remeber as of now.
3/2/2006 #6
Sleeping Tiger
[q]Not to brag, but I've been to the tour every year since it started.[/q] Well, now I'm just jealous...and wondering how old you are... Mungojerrie and Demeter? That's one I never thought would work out...then again it doesn't help that someone was upset when it SEEMED like Mungojerrie had a crush on Demeter in one of my stories, even though that wasn't what i was going for. Maybe that turned me off to considering the idea...
3/2/2006 #7
Nabooru
Think about it... if you go with the Demeter kidnap theme, and also that Mungojerrie has worked for Macavity (doesn't matter, really, whether he still does or not, but is better if he doesn't now), it is plausible that Mungojerrie was kind to Demeter when no one else was. Maybe he even helped her escape, or helped the Jellicles save her. It wouldn't be too difficult for something more to come from that, even if it were just to be a temporary thing.
3/3/2006 #8
Serendipity Kat
I have seen at least one story that puts Mungojerrie and Demeter together. It's good. Alonzo/Bombalurina Demeter/Alonzo Etcetera/Tmblebrutus Bombalurina/Tugger Rumpleteazer/Tugger I'm not sure what else... Jemimah-luvah might be able to tell you more 'cause we saw the same production...
3/3/2006 #9
Dahlia Mockery
Actually, when I saw it Mungojerrie was the one who saved Demeter from Macavity instead of Alonzo. He was also the one who fought him after Munkustrap went down.
3/3/2006 #10
Sleeping Tiger
[q]it is plausible that Mungojerrie was kind to Demeter when no one else was. Maybe he even helped her escape, or helped the Jellicles save her. It wouldn't be too difficult for something more to come from that, even if it were just to be a temporary thing.[q/] Now, I REALLY wanna read a good Mungo/Dem fic... [q]Actually, when I saw it Mungojerrie was the one who saved Demeter from Macavity instead of Alonzo. [/q] I think if I were to see that in a show, I would squeal. And break the hand of whoever went to go see it with me, going "LOOK! MUNGO IS SAVING DEMETER!" And be giddy for the rest of the night.
3/3/2006 #11
Dahlia Mockery
[q]I think if I were to see that in a show, I would squeal. And break the hand of whoever went to go see it with me, going "LOOK! MUNGO IS SAVING DEMETER!" And be giddy for the rest of the night.[/q] They would make a good couple. I also think Munku would look good with Rumpel too.
3/4/2006 #12
Serendipity Kat
I really like Munkustrap/Rumpleteazer fics, but there aren't many out there. I tried to write one and it becaame too cliched. I think I've come across maybe 2 fics that put them together.
3/6/2006 #13
Dahlia Mockery
[q]I really like Munkustrap/Rumpleteazer fics, but there aren't many out there. I tried to write one and it becaame too cliched. I think I've come across maybe 2 fics that put them together.[/q] I think people should mix it up a bit. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love Mungo and Rumpel. It's sometimes very hard to find very written Mungo/Rumpel fan fics.
3/6/2006 #14
Nabooru
I actually think anything involving Mungojerrie, Rumpleteazer, and/or Mistoffelees as a main character is by nature cliched, and often very boring. -_- It's always romance, and it always involves Macavity (and cruelty/revenge on his part).
3/6/2006 #15
Dahlia Mockery
[q]I actually think anything involving Mungojerrie, Rumpleteazer, and/or Mistoffelees as a main character is by nature cliched, and often very boring. -_- It's always romance, and it always involves Macavity (and cruelty/revenge on his part).[/q] Well it depends for me. I don't mind their being romance in it as long as the writer is willing to do someting different with his story.
3/6/2006 #16
Quaxo
[q][q]Quote:I actually think anything involving Mungojerrie, Rumpleteazer, and/or Mistoffelees as a main character is by nature cliched, and often very boring. -_- It's always romance, and it always involves Macavity (and cruelty/revenge on his part).[/q] Well it depends for me. I don't mind their being romance in it as long as the writer is willing to do someting different with his story.[/q] Yes, Mistoffelees, Rumpelteazer, and Mungojerrie stories tend to get a little... stagnant let's say, when not handled correct. Cliche's aren't always bad, just when they're not handled properly. However I'm willing to admit bias here, as I'm a huge Mistoffelees (as if you couldn't tell... /sarcasm), and generally my stories center about him. I'm not really challenging myself, I guess, but I'm not really all that inspired by some of the other characters... I do try to make my fics more of a group thing though, so there is multiple interactions and points of view that aren't all focussed on the main characters... Mungojerrie, Rumpelteazer, and Mistoffelees' stories are easiest to write, I think, because they're some of the most outgoing younger characters in the show. Munkustrap may get more face time, but he's also much more reserved. Jenny and Skimble are open, but they're also very parental, which is harder for some younger writers to be interested in/write believably. And they're cute, not as sexually intimidating as say Tugger and Bombalurina. As for Macavity... well, its not like there are a whole bunch of other villans in CATS... I guess the siamese could invade the junkyard, but since a large chunk of readers are only familiar with the film, it puts the writer at a disadvantage. There was one long ago that I read that had an animal shelter that was attempting to clear out the junkyard as the villan, but even that device can get old.
3/6/2006 #17
Sleeping Tiger
[q]Mungojerrie, Rumpelteazer, and Mistoffelees' stories are easiest to write, I think, because they're some of the most outgoing younger characters in the show.[/q] Ironically, I have trouble writing a story just about them. It's easier for me to write a story about the other characters cause I think they have more substance, and these three become background, often comic relief characters, or help the story along in other ways. I've tried writing a story about Mungo and Rumple, but I felt it lacked substance, so I had to rewrite it to involve other cats. And one I wrote about the friendship about Victoria and Mistoffelees is pretty mellow and serious, and I have to work in his more goodnatured side, which I keep forgetting. Munkustrap is easiest for me to write, because, ironically, I tend to create more reserved characters than outgoing ones in my own stories. [q]There was one long ago that I read that had an animal shelter that was attempting to clear out the junkyard as the villan[/q] I volunteer at an animal shelter. I hate reading those stories because they always make it seem like they're out to kill all cats instead of adopt them out, and they do everything cruelly. I mean, if you have a shelter in the fic, then yes, the cats will be scared. It's only natural, they have no idea what's going on. But if the people who work there constantly putting the animals to sleep, and THAT'S why they're scared... *sigh* Animals shelters have much too bad a rep. Hehe, actually, the thought of an animal shelter attempting to clear out the junkyard makes me laugh, because where I work, the only time they would deal with a large group of strays would to be catch them, spay/neuter them, then put them back in the group so they won't reproduce, since they are often feral cats, and can't be adopted out...But I get too technical when I read stories, so don't mind me.
3/6/2006 #18
Serendipity Kat
But then, I really have to ask, for Mungo/Rumple fics, what's considered cliche? I have an idea, but I want other people's opinions.
3/7/2006 #19
Dahlia Mockery
[q]But then, I really have to ask, for Mungo/Rumple fics, what's considered cliche? I have an idea, but I want other people's opinions.[/q] Mungo works for Macavity and/or Rumpel is related to Macavity.
3/7/2006 #20
Nabooru
Actually, for me, it'd be any of these. 1. Mungojerrie and/or Rumpleteazer works for Macavity. 2. Macavity abuses Mungojerrie and/or Rumpleteazer, followed by subsequent angst, violence, and h/c romance. Usually it is Rumpleteazer that gets abused (to hurt Mungojerrie, of course) and has sugary sweet romance follow. 3. Mungojerrie OR Rumpleteazer is a Jellicle, meets the other, and convinces them to become a Jellicle/gets them accepted into the tribe. 4. Mungojerrie is secretly in love with Rumpleteazer and doesn't know how to tell her OR Rumpleteazer is secretly in love with Mungojerrie and is too afraid to tell him OR Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer are secretly in love with each other but are too afraid to say something. 5. If Mungojerrie is paired with someone other than Rumpleteazer, Rumpleteazer will by default hook up romantically with some other tom. The same is true if it is Rumpleteazer paired with someone other than Mungojerrie - he will immediately hook up with a different queen (after angsting for a while, unless M&R are siblings). They will both end up with a mate. 6. If Mungojerrie/Rumpleteazer starts out mated to or dating someone that is not Rumpleteazer/Mungojerrie (respectively), Mungojerrie will end up with Rumpleteazer by the end (if they are not siblings).
3/7/2006 #21
Ceresava
In the show I saw a few days ago there were a lot of hints towards Tumble/Sillabub, even though tumble did the mating dance with vicki. Tumble and Sillabub were always doing cute things together.
3/7/2006 #22
Sleeping Tiger
What kind of cute thing? ^_^
3/7/2006 #23
Serendipity Kat
Do those same thigns apply to A/U fics anyone?
3/8/2006 #24
Nabooru
They apply, for me at least, to any story about Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer. Keep in mind that this does not preclude the story being good, it just means the plot is cliched and will take extra effort to be made 'good' or interesting again.
3/8/2006 #25
Serendipity Kat
What do you mean by preclude?
3/8/2006 #26
Nabooru
Learn to use a dictionary, please. I am not your personal dictionary or encyclopedia. Use Google or Dictionary.com.
3/8/2006 #27
Sleeping Tiger
[q]it just means the plot is cliched and will take extra effort to be made 'good' or interesting again.[/q] Yeah, it's like that saying, something along the lines of, "A writer has to earn his/her cliche." Do Mungo and Rumple necessarily have to take the exact same path to get together every time? How creative are you with the rest of the story? I would say more, but I just woke up.
3/8/2006 #28
Serendipity Kat
Good morning.
3/9/2006 #29
Queen Awinita
[q]but I just woke up.[/q] so did I anyhow the pairrings I've see so far are as follows Munkustrap and Demeter Bombalurina and Tugger Alonzo and Jemima Jemima and Plato Etcetra and Tugger Misto and Eltcetra(tell me if thats how to spell her name thanks) Tanto and Cori(I don't know his full name) and thats it (I think)
3/9/2006 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Sleeping Tiger Dahlia Mockery
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member