Cats Relations
A place to vent about who you think is related to who, why, and who you would like to see in a story together.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
TheScarletteMenace

I agree! and in my opinion i think that Misto and Vicky were supposed to dance the red dance together, but compare the differences between him and Plato. Misto compared to Plato is much shorter so im pretty sure Misto couldn't lift Vicky without stumbling a bit, and Plato is like probally one of the tallest cats in the tribe so yeah i seriously belive that the script meant for Misto and Vicky to be together (i mean im pretty sure a brother wouldnt touch his sister like in the invitation to the ball) but do to Jacob Brent's size, they had to let Plato do the dance with her ^^

1/17/2010 #31
svadaynavilfari

There's a reason Plato's the tallest - because he is also Macavity (the actor, I mean), and therefore must be able to lift male dancers too P:

1/18/2010 #32
Fantasia-the-Crazy

Yeah, that would be the reason. Plato/Macavity tends to be one of the tallest and strongest cast members. And while there are versions where Misto and Vicky do the dance together, my understanding is that it's usually Plato and Vicky.

But in my opinion, Misto and Vicky are STILL MATES! I tend to just ignore the Mating Dance. I mean, just look at some of the other couples -- Tugger/Jenny? Seriously?

1/18/2010 #33
Insanemistosingsmore

like I've said before, Nipped Nap nicely explains that little fluke!

1/25/2010 #34
Victoriacat

I think Mistoffelees and Victoria are the perfect couple. They are so cute together! I don't see how anyone could think they are brother and sister. They don't act like it at it all. Mistoffelees and Victoria forever!

2/14/2010 #35
TheTimelordTourist

Yes, But we're forgetting these aren't just actors and actresses in skin tight clothing, Their portraying Cats and cats happen to have what humans consider a very sexually charged nature. So all of that nuzzling doesn't necessarily make them mates. Cats do that for families, or friends.

They also will often take more then one mate at once, and because their cats it isn't considered taboo.

And for the Plato being tall thing... He wouldn't be as shmexy if he was short. And the script does call for Plato to do the dance, because Misto's portrayed as small (He's quiet, he's small, he is black...), which is why Brent was so good as him.

3/27/2010 . Edited 3/27/2010 #36
DontBeAZombie

Misto and Victoria?

not to sound rude but. Very Unlikely

their has to be more reasoning behind Ploto and Victoria for the mateing dance. besides "because he is tall and Misto isant"

the fact that they took the lead must mean somthing. If it was Tugger and Jenny who took the lead I would belive they were mated aswell. i do not belive that the couples surronding Victoria and Ploto are serious. when you first watch cats you dont notice the couples surronding, you notice Victoria and Ploto.

I very strongly belive they are Brother and Sister. since you see them together so much, yet they do not mate together. like they are trying to get across a close relationship while letting us understand their is no sexual feelings involved.

I prefer Misto single. Hes got anuff to do with learning to control his magic and other cat things, why does the play have to revolve around romance. just take what you get stop confuseing eveything by twisting the reasons.

** At the ending of the play right after Mr.Mistoffelees song I think the cats that are together at that time are mates, Munku was with Deme befor he got up to greet Old D, Victoria was with Ploto, Skimble was with Jenny. Misto was alone, and Tugger was with his kitten fan club to show both dont have mates (others were alone to. but im not focused on them)

6/3/2010 #37
TheTimelordTourist

It's Plato. As in the Greek philosopher. The play partly revolves around romance, with the mating dance, Tugger's entire song and the little bits and pieces between the cats. As I said before, It is undoubtedly a very sexual charged show.

Not to say that it has to be Plato, In some productions it's Alonzo, or Munkus, or even Admetus. We also always assume Misto has to control his magic, What if he already had control of it?

We ignore the possiblitiys for what makes for less work in writing.

6/3/2010 #38
DontBeAZombie

Ohh wow the fourm isant dead :') thats so great!

I agree it is very sexual. im talking more of fanfics always being based around one couples romance.

I did not know Alonzo and the others have danced with Victoria befor. I am still mainlly focused on the DVD though and still prefer Ploto to the others.

I like the way Jacob Brent potrayed Misto, still learning how to use his magic, to me that makes storys more intresting.

6/3/2010 #39
TheTimelordTourist

The DVD minced and sliced the play to bits. The cast and set are fab, but they cut out entire songs, large setions of songs, and made tons of mistakees in editing, and names. And I personally liked Timothy Scott as Misto better.

People rely on the DVD and think it makes them experts. Most people don't know that Etcetera, Electra, Exotica, Pounce, Tumble, Admetus, and even Jemima are swings. Why? Because they aren't swings in the video.

6/3/2010 #40
DontBeAZombie

Yes, I have noticed alot of mistakes and cut clips.Iv heard that Timothy Scott did a very good Misto but i havent seen him preform so im really unable to compare the two.

I dident find those characters to noticeabul in the DvD at first so i figured as much. Jemima being a Swing is supriseing tho, i dident know that, unless you mean she is swing for Silibub, i just figured they were the same cats.

6/3/2010 #41
TheTimelordTourist

It all depends on cast, I believe the west end cast has Silla, Carbs, and Bill Baily, but it also has George, Victor and Olivia.

The DVD makes me sad, Because, even though Phylidia is my Idol, It took out Growltiger, half of M&T and most of Gumbie cat.

6/3/2010 #42
DontBeAZombie

i saw cats live a few days ago for the first time. and i just LOVED Growltigers last stand im very disapointed they took it out of the video. and i never could understand what that ghost like character was all about.

in the live proformance i went to see they took out the peeks and the pollicals song tho, i found that intresting.

6/3/2010 #43
UniqaChica

Does anyone else hate Plato like me?

I used to REALLY hate Plato. Like, to a point where I couldn't even look at him without having a spaz attack. *twitch* But ever since I started pairing him with Jemima, he's moved up a little bit, and now Bustopher Jones is at the bottom of my list. Jeez, he's annoying. T_T

10/2/2010 . Edited 10/2/2010 #44
UniqaChica

I used to REALLY hate Plato. Like, to a point where I couldn't even look at him without having a spaz attack. *twitch* But ever since I started pairing him with Jemima, he's moved up a little bit, and now Bustopher Jones is at the bottom of my list. Jeez, he's annoying. T_T

10/2/2010 #45
DontBeAZombie

Okk, you hate Plato.

shot in the dark here but im sure its only because your a Misto/Vicki fan am I right? and you hate him becasue he mated with Victoria, and that fums you...so your hatered for him isant because of HIM and what hes done, you hate him because VICTORIA AND PLATO ARE IN LOVE!! and you can accsept that.

you think Victoria should be mated With Mistoffelees, and iv fought against this couple befor, but ill do it again.

Victoria and Mistoffelees are siblings, like Coricopat and Tantomile, Mongojerrie and Rumpleteazer, they are together alot because blood is thicker then water, Also the argument that they are together more then Plato and Victoria means that Demeter and Bombalurina must be mates, since they are together even more then Victoria and Mistoffelees, and Victoria has some compitision since Skimbleshanks seems to be getting close to Misto aswell ;)

But im sure you dont belive in Deme/Bomba, or Misto/Skimble. so your a hypacrit, Jellicals being together so much only counts when it works for you.

I personaly think this couple is created by people who watch the DVD for the first time and see Misto and Victoria together, after the invatation to the jellical ball they put on their rose coloured glasses that get super glued to their face, so by the time truth comes out and Victoria Mates with Plato you already decided you prefer VictoriaxMistoffelees so you ignore all the evidence and hate on Plato, because it would be to much WORK for you to change your opinion, You can handle that stress. Also why do you hate on Plato? Victoria is also to blame, why does no one call her out on it? or call her a s*** at very least?

I could add ALOT more evidence but I wont, let me end this by saying how amused I am about how you go about forceing your couple (somthing that alot of people do). "I hate Plato." you say thinking everyone who reads this is just gunna go along with you without any real reasoning behind hateing him, and of course if they are hateing Plato then Mistoffelees is the best bet of who they will turn to next. Nice try.

10/5/2010 #46
DontBeAZombie

Okk, you hate Plato.

shot in the dark here but im sure its only because your a Misto/Vicki fan am I right? and you hate him becasue he mated with Victoria, and that fums you...so your hatered for him isant because of HIM and what hes done, you hate him because VICTORIA AND PLATO ARE IN LOVE!! and you can accsept that.

you think Victoria should be mated With Mistoffelees, and iv fought against this couple befor, but ill do it again.

Victoria and Mistoffelees are siblings, like Coricopat and Tantomile, Mongojerrie and Rumpleteazer, they are together alot because blood is thicker then water, Also the argument that they are together more then Plato and Victoria means that Demeter and Bombalurina must be mates, since they are together even more then Victoria and Mistoffelees, and Victoria has some compitision since Skimbleshanks seems to be getting close to Misto aswell ;)

But im sure you dont belive in Deme/Bomba, or Misto/Skimble. so your a hypacrit, Jellicals being together so much only counts when it works for you.

I personaly think this couple is created by people who watch the DVD for the first time and see Misto and Victoria together, after the invatation to the jellical ball they put on their rose coloured glasses that get super glued to their face, so by the time truth comes out and Victoria Mates with Plato you already decided you prefer VictoriaxMistoffelees so you ignore all the evidence and hate on Plato, because it would be to much WORK for you to change your opinion, You can handle that stress. Also why do you hate on Plato? Victoria is also to blame, why does no one call her out on it? or call her a s*** at very least?

I could add ALOT more evidence but I wont, let me end this by saying how amused I am about how you go about forceing your couple (somthing that alot of people do). "I hate Plato." you say thinking everyone who reads this is just gunna go along with you without any real reasoning behind hateing him, and of course if they are hateing Plato then Mistoffelees is the best bet of who they will turn to next. Nice try.

10/5/2010 #47
Angel of Music - Lone Wolf

Good god. The guy is just having an opinion. Must you be a troll about it? You believe Victoria and Misto are siblings, that's your opinion; not everyone must agree with you. So what if the guy hates Plato? Must he like every character in the show or only those that you like as well? It's fine and well if you want to defend your favourite character, but instead of attacking the argument you are attacking the person. Geez and I thought shipping wars only occurred on immature fictions such as that lovely vampire series everyone loves to hate.

Oh and FYI, there are people who believe in Dem/Bomba and Misto/Skimble so yea.

10/6/2010 #48
DontBeAZombie

No, A troll hates on somone with no reassoning behind it, they just randomly yell at somone for the smallest of reassons.

If you read my argument you would notice I have reassons, and I do support people haveing oppinions IF they can support that opinion, I hate when people come on here like "I hate Blah" like they cant even give one sentence as to WHY! If an opinion is not supported to some extent then yes, I will question them, and if They do give a reasson I will at the very least try to refute and challange it if I find faults. Its how you learn, insted of just accsepting whatever eyeone says you should question it, and call them out.

and I was not attcking the person I WAS attacking the argument, If i was attacking the person I would have mentioned how they sound like a 12 year old, or are probably over weight *(but that would be immature, BTW these are examples, I dont actually belive them.)*

Immature Fictions? this is the internet, their will be Drama, and disagreements EVERYWHERE you go. (I should add I agree that the Vampire fanbase is created by immature children, dono why you mentioned it but i agree)

I know that there are people who Support Deme/Bomba and Skimble/Misto, Im one of them. (if you knew me at all I actually support praticaly every coupleing out there) I was simply saying that the Logic train they got their MistoxVicki belife from is Hypacritical, they are paired up cuz they are together so much, but for any other couple this reassoning is invaled, I was simply pointing that out.

I will admit I do get defencive when arguing, mabey I could have been more friendly, so Im sorry if you or anyone else found my argument harsh.

10/6/2010 #49
Tiherina

I thought I would point out that none of the couples are set in stone. The movie version is just one interpretation of the musical. In stage productions, Demeter is mated with Alonzo, Misto and Vicky do the dance together, and other things. Before anyone flies off the handle because they hear something they don't like, they should realize that the movie version is just one of hundreds of interpretations. Family trees are the work of people who want to make sense of Cats.

While I do believe that Misto and Victoria are siblings, I can also see why they'd be mates. I'm not going to get one someone's case about their opinions.

Also, It's stupid to start an argument just because it's all over the internet. No need to add to the cesspool of Stupid.

10/7/2010 #50
DontBeAZombie

Actually I do belive some of the Couples were intentional, In a magazin Interveiw with ALW he said that Victoria and Mistoffelees were children of Macavity (and Bustos sister). I do know about other productions but I think the one that ALW was involved in himself is the most reliabul.

I can see why they would be mates, and I dont really care who thinks it, but hateing on Plato because of the dance is just shallow, and offencive.

I dident say I was argueing because it was all over the net, I just stated that it shouldent be a supprise when it comes across.

10/7/2010 #51
Tiherina

Yeah, I read that too, about Misto and Vic. It's why Misto's powers are the same as Macavities, supposedly. Although, I personally believe they're Bustopher's kids, but that's for a different thread.

As far as someone hating on another character, it's their personal opinion. I can't stand Tugger most of the time. If someone wants to hate on a character, that's entirely their choice. I can understand why you would feel slightly offended, but just remember that everyone's entitled to their own opinions, just as you are entitled to yours.

10/7/2010 #52
DontBeAZombie

I could understand them being his children from the resemblaces but I still see Maca as their father, because of the interveiw and powers.

I understand it being a matter of opinion but they dident even give a reasson for hateing him, and I dont think she/he would hate him if he dident dance the dance with Victoria, and I dont think thats a very honerabul reasson. they should have expanded and gave some reassons other wise im not gunna take them seriusly, its like they are hateing on him just to hate him.

and Personalitys in Cats are so expandabul, especially Plato since hes barely seen. so they hate him because of a personality they gave the cat. It doesnt make sence.

You are right tho, they are entitled to their opinion but this is just how I feel about the situation.

10/7/2010 #53
Tiherina

Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, just take a deep breath and smile. In a week, none of this is going to matter. :)

10/7/2010 #54
DontBeAZombie

okk, okk.. -Puts on a cheesy overly happy smile-

10/8/2010 #55
UniqaChica

Would just like to point out that I am indeed a girl.

10/14/2010 #56
UniqaChica

Would just like to point out that I am indeed a girl.

10/14/2010 #57
DontBeAZombie

I thought so, but this is the internet and I dident want to offend you if you werent the correct sex I guessed. dident want the argument turning personal.

10/15/2010 . Edited 11/26/2010 #58
CrazyIndigoChild

I have to say that I do not agree that Misto and Victoria are mates. I find that most- if not all- their interactions are platonic.

I have noticed that a lot of people are basing their impression as mates from the leg rub (OMG!) and from several non-sexual encounters throughout the movie. First of all, there is far too much around this leg-rub, just because I am a girl and I rub my guy friend's arm doesn't mean I like him. It just means that we are comfortable enough in our relationship that we can touch each other without having to worry about the other being uncomfortable. However, if he decided to caress my leg and rub my front in a clearly sexual fashion I would be more than a bit put-off if we weren't involved as a couple (in which this kind of contact would be acceptable) and if I was with someone else then I surely wouldn't think twice about chastising him with my boyfriend a few feet away. I find that a lot of people are seeing this interaction between Plato and Victoria and are simply excusing it as friends! I mean sure, cats like to rub up against each other and all, but we have to take their humanistic qualities into account.

These characters were created intentionally to incorporate cat and human natures, if not, the play-write would ensure that we saw them as cats only. They have a monarchy that they follow, they have religion, they have an intricate belief system, and they have relationships with others as well as social expectations; not something cats are generally associated with and are known for. So would it be fair to say that Victoria (as well as Mistoffelees) wouldn't be so comfortable with Plato's actions if they were mates? And if Vicky and Misto were mates wouldn't they have more sexually-suggestive interactions?

11/26/2010 #59
CrazyIndigoChild

So you hate Plato because he's Victoria's mate? That, honestly is pretty shallow. It's like saying that I don't like Victoria because people keep pairing her with Misto. Sure it may not help much but appreciate that I have legitimate reasons as to why I don't like her. Plato doesn't have a huge role in the play, he's a chorus cat to say the least and we don't have much characterization to run with in fanfiction, making our views of him our own interpretation. To say that you hate him is pretty harsh seeing that there isn't much room for us to hate him based on his character.

So you're saying that you hate Plato's character because you believe that the information presented to you is incorrect in your mind. If it were maybe.... Alonzo, dancing with her would you hate him too? Would you hate Munkustrap if he were mating with her?

To me, it seems that you acknowledge Plato and Victoria's obviously sexual and much-enjoyed interaction, but feel the need to put the character down and put your own contest to make the scene more to your liking. You feel intimidated by Plato because you know that they are mates and since it doesn't align with your views it's automatically wrong and completely irrelevant.

Mating (our equivalent to marriage and/or sex) isn't something you just go through with someone because the person you really wanted backed out. If Victoria wanted Misto then wouldn't she have disappeared into the background and sit it out (oddly what Mistoffelees didn't do). If these cats have enough human sense in them to be able to form such intricate relationships then aren't they able to advocate for themselves and not participate if they weren't comfortable or happy about their decision? So if she didn't want to be with Plato then she wouldn't and if Misto wanted to be with Victoria he wouldn't have been with Electra.

11/26/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Sleeping Tiger Dahlia Mockery
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member