The Warehouse 13 Prompt Challenge!
This forum is open to any writer looking for inspiration or a challenge. Every month or so, Haven't quite figured that out yet.. A new list of prompts will be posted. Any ideas are welcome and I look forward to any and all Warehouse writers participating
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
LavenderLimmerick

Ok, so I'm a little new at forums but I wanted a place for Warehouse writers to converge and get a challenge. Sometimes only a few words can bring on a whole story idea. For the first list there will be two lists. The first is a list of single words, the goal being to use as many of the thirteen as you can (OR you can just use a few. It is completely up to you!). The second is a list of random beginnings OR endings, the goal being with this list to pick the one you like the most and write a fic. You can use more then one if you go for a mullti-chap fic and you can also do more then one story. I wanted to do both this first time to see which you guys liked the best. Please post the links to your stories and any questions or comments. Thanks!

List #1

ferret

typewriter

moonlight

sunshine

toes

key

water

tattoo

blanket

camera

shelf

Hamlet

tea

List #2

Pete was sick...

He wouldn't disturb sleeping beauty...

Claudia watched it all...

He felt like crying, but that wouldn't be a manly thing to do...

She felt arms encircle her...

All she needed was her best friend...

Claudia watched Pete in horror...

Artie did something he didn't just do for anyone...

Pete looked Myka straight in the eye and lied...

Myka looked Pete straight in the eye and told him her biggest secret...

As if he could stop her...

Perfect never really existed for them...

Lying wasn't easy for her...

NOTE: You may add words before, after, and in between the prompt sentences, as long as the original sentence can still be distinguished.

Happy Writing!

~luv~

8/19/2010 #1
The-Charcoal-Alchemist

Hmm....I think I can write something fun with "ferret" and "Pete looked Myka straight in the eye and lied..." XD

8/25/2010 #2
that-chick-with-purple-hair

Hmmm, toes, water, tattoo, and camera call interesting senarios to mind!

8/31/2010 #3
that-chick-with-purple-hair

Ooh 'He wouldn't disturb sleeping beauty' also sparks a brain wave. This is cool thanks.

8/31/2010 #4
LavenderLimmerick

Glad you guys like it! It seemed like something that was missing from the Warehouse Fandom so far :)

9/2/2010 #5
xkeymasterx

Hey guys! Newbie here! I loved your List #1 and it sparked a really cool idea. Check it out and see if anyone can tell me which words I didn't use! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6321852/1/Dreams

Thanks again for the list! Nice day to ya!

XD

9/13/2010 #6
forever faerie

hummm "Claudia watched it all..." Hamlet Tattoo moonlight strike a cord in me...maybe i'll creat a small one-shot ficlet

9/13/2010 #7
Lady Blackwolf
Oooo I think Ill take "water", "tattoo", and "she felt arms encircle her" all those sound like really good stories.
3/5/2012 #8
Forum Moderators: LavenderLimmerick
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member