Apocalypse
A modern fantasy setting in which magic has returned just in time for the recipients to be immune to a zombie outbreak.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Nitrogen Triiodide

(Yay! Thanks all for making this the longest running RP in my forums, and I hope for many more threads to come! This thread will probably wrap up the current plotline, with a timeskip of anywhere from a few months to a few years at the end so that we can set up any plot ideas that you guys might have. Start thinking them up now, we'll probably need them by the time this reaches 50 pages)

(This is also a possibility to introduce second characters. Windy and I already have two, but anyone else could drop another character in, as it has been a couple of weeks (in their universe) since the last thread and I'm making the declaration that the group has been moving from town to town, scavenging whatever they could find. There will be more chances like this in the future, so don't fret now if you have part of a character idea and can't flesh it out yet)

--

The city held no more secrets for them except a few dozen gallons of gasoline, and with that in tow the group set off again. Dasha opted to stay with them and the mutual ties of trust grew stronger as they went from city to city, finding caches of supplies and fighting off zombies and raiders as a group.

As they scavenged through Corvallis, what started as just another city in their path turned into a massive discovery. In the burned out remains of a small military camp, communication records were found that indicated an aircraft carrier would be stationed in the port of Seattle sending out bombing runs and air support from its position in the harbor. While this intel was weeks old, it gave them a tangible chance to realize their goal of escaping onto the open sea in a fully stocked naval vessel. All they had to do was somehow get into a city that was probably teeming with zombies.

With that hope in sight, they forewent scavenging the other cities, instead taking the small convoy of food, ammo, and survival gear and heading north into Washington.

It has been exactly 58 days since the outbreak began, 42 days since Sam, Naome, Hryssa, Silnaen, and Azure first met in the American Great Plains. The date is May 3, 2013, it is 11:32 PM on a balmy night, and the group is stopped just beyond the Washington border.

12/28/2010 . Edited 12/28/2010 #1
Crazy.Level.Fury

Dasha was laying on top of the Fiat, watching the sky.

12/28/2010 #2
Nitrogen Triiodide

Something whispered through the air, passing near her before continuing on with the breeze.

--

Silnaen sat behind the wheel of an 18 wheeler they had obtained during their scavenges, dozing against the steering wheel. It held most of their supplies.

12/28/2010 #3
Crazy.Level.Fury

(i had a very random dream a couple hours ago... they had a school bus with racks and ties and four motorcycles in the racks. Then they had a Hummer with the other supplies, and they were raiders.)

Dasha unconsciously shifted away from whatever it was, and climbed down, into her car. She still had a couple of her old sharpies and had picked up a box she saw when they were scavenging yet another gas station. she started doodling on her arm.

12/28/2010 #4
Nitrogen Triiodide

"Come," a voice whispered harshly in her ear, and again the whispering receded away.

12/28/2010 #5
Crazy.Level.Fury

Dasha jerked, the red sharpie creating what looking like a long gash on her arm. She looked around herself.

12/28/2010 #6
Nitrogen Triiodide

"Come!" It insisted again, this time more clearly sounding like the voice of a woman.

12/28/2010 #7
Crazy.Level.Fury

"where?" she called back mentally, hoping whoever it was could hear her.

12/28/2010 #8
Nitrogen Triiodide

"This way," from off to her left, away from the campsite.

12/28/2010 . Edited 12/28/2010 #9
Crazy.Level.Fury

Dasha got out of her car, following the voice, straining her eyes to see anything.

12/28/2010 #10
Nitrogen Triiodide

It led her out about fifty meters away from the camp before the wind coalesced into a shape. It was vague at best, the general outline of an adult woman, but it was still something, "I apologize, this must seem unusual, Dasha."

12/28/2010 #11
Crazy.Level.Fury

"Unusual is relative," Dasha replied, half asleep.

(I has charrie idea!)(*formulates*)

12/28/2010 #12
Nitrogen Triiodide

"Very. Though things will become even more unusual, I can assure you of that," her voice fell out of sync for a moment, "Appearing in this way taxes my energy, and I have precious little of it. Would you allow me to enter your mind?"

12/28/2010 #13
Crazy.Level.Fury

"I.. sure," Dasha said.

12/28/2010 #14
Nitrogen Triiodide

The landscape vanished, and instead they stood on top of a skyscraper, every detail of the cityscape below and around recreated in perfect detail, even to the aircraft carrier sitting in the port below, "There, I can talk easier here," her voice came through stronger, and she was visible now, a woman in a gray dress.

12/28/2010 #15
Crazy.Level.Fury

Dasha blinked, looking at their surroundings.

"Who are you?"

(RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YOU STUPID WEB BROWSER! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!)

12/28/2010 #16
Nitrogen Triiodide

"The one who gave Silnaen his course, and brought the others here. I have need of your help, because while I can point them in the right direction, I cannot keep them from certain...dangers."

(Whats wrong?)

12/28/2010 . Edited 12/28/2010 #17
Crazy.Level.Fury

(It ate my char sheet)

"Dangers?" Dasha echoed.

12/28/2010 #18
Nitrogen Triiodide

(Somehow I knew. I usually make them on Word then just paste them in)

She pointed down to the carrier, "Only death awaits them there. The dream of freedom will bring about an abrupt end to this story."

12/28/2010 #19
Crazy.Level.Fury

(POSTED!!!)

"so we shouldn't follow the military thingy?" Dasha asked.

12/28/2010 #20
Nitrogen Triiodide

"Does it look like you should?" The shadow of a smile crossed her face as she walked a few steps, interposing herself between Dasha's view and the carrier. A moment later, and a nuclear blast rocked the bay, a shockwave of water and air traveling fast, shattering windows and incinerating the building's around the water. Dasha would have felt the heat on her skin, burning hotter than the sun.

Then it was gone, and she was standing alone in the dark wilderness again.

(Cool)

12/28/2010 . Edited 12/28/2010 #21
Crazy.Level.Fury

Dasha was shocked by the sudden coolness of the air around her, and shivered, her skin still feeling like it was on fire. She wandered back to their little campsite, dazed, and leaned against her car, staring at nothing with a shocked expression on her face.

12/28/2010 #22
Nitrogen Triiodide

Hryssa was sleeping nearby, cuddled up with Sam. Her forehead furrowed a little as her sensitive ears picked up the faint sound of Dasha arriving, "mmmgh."

12/28/2010 #23
Crazy.Level.Fury

Dasha muttered back, "Mneh,"

(IT"S MY BIRTHDAY! as of 2 hours ago)

12/28/2010 #24
Nitrogen Triiodide

(Happy birthday! Whad'ya turn?)

Her eyes flickered open, "Still up? Eh, I guess thats normal, you don't need- ... hey, you okay?"

12/28/2010 #25
Crazy.Level.Fury

"Yeah," She said, absently rubbing her arm.

12/28/2010 #26
Nitrogen Triiodide

"You look like you've seen a ghost," she sat up slowly, careful not to disturb her boyfriend.

12/28/2010 #27
Crazy.Level.Fury

"I think I have," She replied.

12/28/2010 #28
Nitrogen Triiodide

"What?" She became alert, "Here?"

12/28/2010 #29
Crazy.Level.Fury

"No, that way," She pointed off to where she had talked to the gray lady.

(16)

(night)

12/28/2010 . Edited 12/28/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Nitrogen Triiodide
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member