Halo RP
With the end of the Human/Covenant war, humanity attempts to regain some of it's former strength, but the remaining outer colonies and some inner colonies still have the insurrectionist threat, ONI makes the decision to erase the problem.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
LucDragoon

Hovering high above the earth was Earths's first defence. A giant array of orbital MAC cannon platforms housing marines and ships. Along with a curious group of soldiers on one platform. THis is their story.

(We begin before the attack)

3/20/2011 #1
4824 Undying Regret

John stood at one of the tram stations, watching the monitors as they showed the ceremony on Cairo station. Everybody seemed to be preparing for an attack.

3/20/2011 #2
LucDragoon

Ty sat down sighed rubbing the fuz on the top of his head and looked at his normal uniform and wanted to be back in his armor.

3/20/2011 #3
Rookie425

An orchestra of steel reinforced, UNSC issued boots trotted in unison through the steel corridors of Thermopylae Station. Gunnery Sergeant Gabriel Kawolski lead the troop in cadence. "Born in the woods!"

"Trained by a bear!" the Marines sang along.

"Double set of dog teeth!"

"Triple coat o' hair!"

Gabe glanced over his shoulder; the last verse sounded a little more distant, implication clear that they were falling behind. "C'mon boys! You're getting outrun by an amputee!" Instead of laughter, the chorus of boot steps were all that replied, some even sounded like they were wavering.

The Sergeant slowed to a halt, as did his unit. He didn't like doubt in his unit, it would almost certainly come back to the rest of them in the field. Gabe turned around, catching his breath.

"It's pretty embarrassing isn't it?" The expressions of his subordinates were that of disappointment. "The leg, I mean. It's embarrassing."

He stood on his organic leg, bending the prosthetic. "This isn't some legendary mark of a veteran, there is no great story behind it." He set it down, looking back at his team. "This is a mark of shame for me and my unit. It means that one of us wasn't doing our job."

"Shit happens, sir," said one of the Marines.

"That's true, Soto. Shit does happen. It's your job to make sure it doesn't, and my job to keep you in check at all times, keep you from having this." He patted his leg. "Because it will stay with you the rest of your life." He wiped the sweat from his face. "Now c'mon! Two more laps around the whole station!"

The team replied with a series of groans and frustrated sighs. "Marines, did I give you permission to bitch?! Move it out!"

3/20/2011 #4
Victor Weiss

Cassandra, or 'Longshot' chuckled a bit as she watched the marines get ordered to run through the station, thankfully she was his superior and couldn't be joining in on the fun. Though she felt a little exposed out of her armor, since the dress coat and shirt under felt a little too tight to her. Shaking off the thought she stood from the crate she was sitting on, stretched and made her way over over to the sergeant.

"Sergeant Kowalski," she said once she was close enough. "Careful now, Sergeant, Covenant might end up at our door and your men will be too tired to kill a grunt..." it was a dull joke, but she had just come back from Cairo station and was tired of the crowds of, in her opinion, Spartan kissers.

3/20/2011 #5
LucDragoon

Ty stood up and looked at the ODST's and mumbled "Hm. Seems like no one even notices a sixteen year old on a military station"

(Hey he's not wearing his lieutenant bars right now. So he looks like a normal teen standing in a station)

3/20/2011 #6
4824 Undying Regret

John continued to watch the screen, but being bored with what he saw when the Chief stepped on screen, walked away. He was still in his gear and the station had to be ready at all times, but he went back to helping the others move equipment. "Why do Spartans get all the fucking respect when we're the ones burning our asses up on entry to save those sorry bastards. That guy is the last of a dying breed."

3/20/2011 #7
LucDragoon

(Someone talk to Ty please...)

Ty looked around at all the people walking around and sighed standing up an streching.

3/20/2011 #8
4824 Undying Regret

John almost walked into Ty. He took a step back and looked at the 16 year old before him, "What the fuck is a little kid doing here?"

3/20/2011 #9
LucDragoon

Ty looked at him and said "I'm sorry little kid? I'm sixteen for your information"

3/20/2011 #10
Victor Weiss

(You guys do realise that Spartan-IIIs are the age of 12 looked more like they were 18, right?)

Cassandra blinked and lightly glanced off to the side to see another ODST talking to another, she narrowed her eyes. Pale skin, slightly longer then regulation hair, she knew then and there it was a Spartan, easily. She knew how some looked without their shiny MJOLNIR armor. So it was easy to tell the kid was a Spartan, turning she walked, her carefree stance now more hostile.

3/20/2011 #11
4824 Undying Regret

"Yeah, I don't give a shit how old you are. Lose the attitude and tell me what you're doing here." John said.

3/20/2011 #12
LucDragoon

"What rank are you?" Ty asked John looking him in the eye.

(I know)

3/20/2011 #13
4824 Undying Regret

(I know, but he was implying that this one looked younger)

"Gunnery Sergeant. What's it to you?" John continued

3/20/2011 #14
LucDragoon

"Then stand down." He said.

3/20/2011 #15
4824 Undying Regret

"Stand down? Who the fuck do you think you are?" John asked as he set the equipment down.

3/20/2011 #16
LucDragoon

(Ignore last post)

"I'm just sitting around not doing anything. Frankly I'm bored out of my mind"Ty said to him.

3/20/2011 #17
LucDragoon

(Ok ok sorry I got lost)

"I'm a officer telling you to stand down" He said.

3/20/2011 #18
4824 Undying Regret

(the hell?)

3/20/2011 #19
LucDragoon

(Go with latest post. Sorry typing a school paper)

3/20/2011 #20
4824 Undying Regret

John almost laughed at that, "An officer? Really? I don't believe it. Show me some kind of proof."

3/20/2011 #21
Victor Weiss

(Also, not all S-IIIs were given MJOLNIR armor, only Noble Team and a few other smaller SpecOps teams. So... S-IIIs would have been SPI Mark II armor, or in Ty's case, Headhunter SPI armor. And even, S-IIIs were only ever given lower ranks very few were promoted to Officer rankings like Lieutenant, most were lower then Sergeants, few exceptions being Noble Team.)

"Something happening here, you two?" Cassandra asked, crossing her arms and staring between the two. Her rank shown clearly on the her dress coat shoulder.

3/20/2011 #22
LucDragoon

"What the? Oh my bars..." Ty said fishing them out of his shirt pocket and showing them to him.

3/20/2011 #23
4824 Undying Regret

John saw the bars and instantly saluted, "I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again." He hoped the Lt. wouldn't think of a way to make his life a living hell.

3/20/2011 #24
Rookie425

Kawolski about-faced at the realization that he and his unit was under watch of a superior officer. "Chenko! Take point through the station!"

"Oorah, Gunny!"

Gabe saluted to MGySgt Varone and smiled. "Just warmin' up, ma'am. My people can take the heat." Their attention immediately drawn to the sight of an SIII and an ODST exchanging verbal fire. He stepped up next to the Cassandra in case things got out of hand.

3/20/2011 #25
Victor Weiss

Cassandra frowned. "Hey, Lieutenant, Gunnery Sergeant..." she said, looking irked before saying to the Spartan. "Not sure who you stole that ranking bar from, but you better go back to your Spartan buddies, this is ODST territory, so unless you can actually prove your a Lieutenant, I ain't buying this 'I'm an officer crap." she crossed her arms.

3/20/2011 #26
LucDragoon

(Attack begins in three of my posts after this. First post)

Ty just looked at him and said "At ease. And don't worry about it. And for you mam, do you have a data pad with a station uplink nearby?"

3/20/2011 . Edited 3/20/2011 #27
Victor Weiss

(Ty, you're completly ignoring Cassandra...)

3/20/2011 #28
LucDragoon

(You posted before I could. I'll edit...)

3/20/2011 #29
LucDragoon

(Edited)

3/20/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Victor Weiss Rookie425, Astronautics, o 055 o
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member